Patch Day Nov. 5Th is LIVE!

412 replies to this topic

#161 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostAlabaster Black, on 05 November 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

And those nerfs are typically advertised, and tested on a PTR for months prior to release. Not so here.

It was mentioned previously that Seismic was going to have changes coming. It was not a ninja nerf.

#162 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

patch is fine, lets hope we get a big feature patch later in the month with ui2.0 though as features like that are getting really dragged out.

Edited by NextGame, 05 November 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#163 KevinL21

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

grats on a good patch. ignore the whiners as always.... the jester is a good mech; not overpowered but solid if you're into energy weapons. there are MANY viable mech choices and if you want to go cheap; stay with a light mech. as for the seismic ... that was long overdue. I'm new to the game and very impressed with the game to date.

#164 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

It was mentioned previously that Seismic was going to have changes coming. It was not a ninja nerf.

I have a feeling they would be saying the same thing if the seismic nerfs were posted under the game logo even before seismic came out and stayed there until now.

#165 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Postkleung21, on 05 November 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

grats on a good patch. ignore the whiners as always.... the jester is a good mech; not overpowered but solid if you're into energy weapons. there are MANY viable mech choices and if you want to go cheap; stay with a light mech. as for the seismic ... that was long overdue. I'm new to the game and very impressed with the game to date.

How bout some perspective here before you throw whiner around. A lot of these people (me included) were 'impressed with the game to date' over a year ago. Unfortunately they are playing basically the EXACT same game. The 'to date' has worn off.

S

#166 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

It would be helpful if the patch notes told us how large the XP and CB bonus is from the UAV

#167 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

So how about now you go back and fix ECM so that it loses its invisibility cloak, let missiles lock through it or maybe make it Only work on the mech that has it loaded. I mean if you are trying to fix OP almost mandatory things, why not start with the biggest game changer in the game?

#168 OICU812

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Still no fix for the clipable buildings in River City!?!
I put in a ticket on that with the last patch!

#169 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostKattspya, on 05 November 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

It would be helpful if the patch notes told us how large the XP and CB bonus is from the UAV

I would think the cbill reward would be at least 40k since isn't that what a UAV cost (could be wrong here). It should be UAV cost base + bonuses.

S

#170 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Seismic was OP. Everyone knew it was OP. It was more OP than what people feared 3PV would be. People should have expected it to be nerfed eventually to a more realistic state. If you spent a load of cash on an OP system that was bound to be nerfed, Sorry! Improvise, adapt, overcome. Lights will have to think more. Ground impact Im sure is what they mean by false readings. Arty Strike, AC rounds, mech's falling over.. etc.. fun.

Good Patch. Small improvements are still improvements. Jester looks great. Of course it would have been great to see more in the way of UI2.0 but I know you guys are fitting in what you can. So many new things depend on UI2.0.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 05 November 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#171 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

View PostRansack, on 05 November 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

So how about now you go back and fix ECM so that it loses its invisibility cloak, let missiles lock through it or maybe make it Only work on the mech that has it loaded. I mean if you are trying to fix OP almost mandatory things, why not start with the biggest game changer in the game?

They did fix that. It's call BAP and/or TAG. *shrugs*

ECM mechs don't bother me anymore since that welcome change.

#172 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

View PostRansack, on 05 November 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

#173 Aldoric

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

"Does this mean I can't arrow over to a different weapon group, say group 3 on the hud and fire it with left mouse button?"

No you can't - It's now: button 1 fires group one, button 2 fires group two, etc.

Why?!? Why take away an option? There is no option to remap it back to the way it was. How is this easier or better for anyone? I'd setup most of my mechs to have selectable weapon groups. Some groups were hard mapped to buttons, some were made to select back and forth depending on the situation. All this does is further advantage those with fancy hardware.

#174 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostAlabaster Black, on 05 November 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

And those nerfs are typically advertised, and tested on a PTR for months prior to release. Not so here.

It was advertised some weeks back that this was going to change.

Sept. 30th

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2798425

Edited by Ngamok, 05 November 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#175 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostDemos, on 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Oh, come one, you got several months of abuse and legal cheating...

Nerf was necessary (and I use the module, too). But now, seismic is not mandatory.

BTW, nice patch. Hopefully, the arty looks nice. I'm really curious...

It never was mandatory. It also was not cheating or abusive. It was dang expensive to get in the first place. If you are slow or a move and shoot mech, like an LRM boat, it was great to warn you of light mechs closing in on you. Now it is pretty worthless for that. The GXP cost and CBills cost needs drastically dropped.

Frankly, there are far more important fixes, like SRMs and Spider hitboxes, to complete than nerfing a module that was actually useful.

#176 Erwiin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

So many complaints. :) I seriously think some people complain just for the sake of it.

You knew parts of the game were going to change. Get over it. Adapt and overcome.

Still feel like having a hissy-fit? Then don't play the game. The rest of us won't miss you.

#177 AquaGoat

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

View PostAldoric, on 05 November 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Why?!? Why take away an option? There is no option to remap it back to the way it was. How is this easier or better for anyone? I'd setup most of my mechs to have selectable weapon groups. Some groups were hard mapped to buttons, some were made to select back and forth depending on the situation. All this does is further advantage those with fancy hardware.

Yeah they said you could remap it, but I don't see it in the options either. I don't really care since I never used it, I like it better this way, but it does seem strange they would take the setting out, rather than just change the default functionality.

#178 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Agreed, Why on earth would one remove such an option. I have been using scroll-through-weapongroup and fire from day one. This is killing the game for me! And i don't even give a funk about the seismic sensor. But this, will be steer me away from this game. Sigh, if they would've done this before the Pheonix Mechs could be ordered i would've never got them. Geez how messed up in the head can you be.

Edited by J4ck4l, 05 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#179 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

View PostGhogiel, on 05 November 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

So like no sale or anything?

I'm not even going to update and login XD

Sales are almost always released on Friday's at 1 PM EST and ended on Tuesday at the same time, so why would you expect one now? I mean, perhaps it would change but there hasn't been a precedent for it before.

As far as the changes go, as a light pilot I'm happy about the Seismic changes. The module was FAR too must-have in every mech you happened to be taking out that day. Now it is more contingent on the mech you are taking out, and will allow for proper sneaky movements again.

Also like the increase in UAV rewards, wouldn't be surprised to see more of these popping up. And already the shakes from mechs falling down after death or landing after a jump just helps to add to the overall immersion of the game.

Edited by DragonsFire, 05 November 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#180 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Pretty sure someone a few pages back said the option is still there, you have to remap it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users