Clan Package Thoughts

892 replies to this topic

#701 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Just glad we have Clans at all. After that disaster that was MechAssault I thought all video game versions of battletech were finished.

#702 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 05 April 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Seriously, I made a duel once me in a Dire Wolf, my opponent on a Stormcrow...
I barely won against him. Almost got killed! Can you believe this? A Stormcrow holing his ground in a one on one against a freaking Dire Wolf?

Seems reasonable to me, Dire Wolf's are slow as molasses. Kinda like how my Jenner's favorite food is a lonely Atlas. Muchy and Crunchy.

#703 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 05 April 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Seems reasonable to me, Dire Wolf's are slow as molasses. Kinda like how my Jenner's favorite food is a lonely Atlas. Muchy and Crunchy.

LOL, only because PGI removed knockdowns from the game, so you are able to carelessly pilot your mech right under an Atlas's legs without falling down, or taking any significant damage. Also, ballistic and SRM hit detection vs lights hamstring big slow assaults.

#704 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 05 April 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

LOL, only because PGI removed knockdowns from the game, so you are able to carelessly pilot your mech right under an Atlas's legs without falling down, or taking any significant damage. Also, ballistic and SRM hit detection vs lights hamstring big slow assaults.

To be honest I want knockdowns back, it really wouldn't change much for me, other then the fact that there'd probably be a lot more team kills at the beginning of the game, I tend to run circles around atlases, not run into them.

#705 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 05 April 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

To be honest I want knockdowns back, it really wouldn't change much for me, other then the fact that there'd probably be a lot more team kills at the beginning of the game, I tend to run circles around atlases, not run into them.

Well, it would definitely separate the good light pilots from the bad.

#706 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 05 April 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Same for me, it was really much more funny to use light mech's.

Another thing I'd like to see is the big impact could make your torso twist a bit, for example.

You take a AC/20 shoot at point rang on your left shoulder. Your mech is pivoting slighty on the left because of the force of the timpact. Just like It would do IRL;

#707 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 05 April 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

(cycloner, your still sur you want me has part of the clan wolf? :wub: Maybe I could try to get in the Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar, to bring them down faster. :D )

Aff, i still want it :P Sometimes i have really horrible matches in MWLL :D

But, after all, the core group of players is made of veterans who played the game for much more time than us. Ok, poor excuse :D

#708 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostWill9761, on 13 December 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm happy that we finally get to see, a clan pack for the Clan Community. I have always knew this was going to happen as it should. However, as much as I loved the clans growing up, I can't buy it. But I'm not doing this out of spite, I would really love to get my favorite mech the Summoner, but I won't. The former reason is that when I got the Project Phoenix Mechs I made my decision to fight for the Inner Sphere. The latter is that it is way too expensive, it's sad that the venerable Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) cost $210. The best buy I would recommend, you would be Dire Wolf pack which is only $120. But I'm gonna have to skip this one.

UPDATE: The new "A La Carte" Clan deal allows you to purchase any clan mech for $55. I might reconsider it. New Clan injections are coming for March-June

Clan Pack Info:
http://www.mwomercs.com/clans#page1

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the Clan Package?

I saved my pennies for a rainy day and The Invasion is Here is just the storm I was waiting for :P

#709 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

I changed my tune and upgraded to the Nova Pack, only for the cockpit item.

#710 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 05 April 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

I'm not to sure about this one.

There is no canon I know of that Clan tech relies on materials exclusive to Clan worlds (Harjel being the sole exception which is not used in mech or weapon manufacture, just elemental suits and warships).

Indeed, post the refusal war both Jade Falcon and Ghost Bear are starting to manufacture Clan tech equipment in the IS with local resources.

I'd be interested in your source on this, it would certainly change up some logistical assumption I have made previously about the whole Invasion.

Yes, HarJel is another case of critical resources, but I thought it prudent not to include here. One could argue that the source of it is not necessarily limited to the Homeworlds.

As for the Clan version of the XL reactor requiring limited resources, I do remember having read about that in one of the manuals/books. I can try to look it up, if needed, but I hope that a sarna link will suffice for now -> http://www.sarna.net...ion_Engine_-_XL (see construction notes). As for the source, I have to guess that either "Maximum Tech" or "Technical Readout 3050" contain that specific information. Have to look through all of them to be sure though. Cheers.

#711 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostCCC Dober, on 07 April 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

Yes, HarJel is another case of critical resources, but I thought it prudent not to include here. One could argue that the source of it is not necessarily limited to the Homeworlds.

As for the Clan version of the XL reactor requiring limited resources, I do remember having read about that in one of the manuals/books. I can try to look it up, if needed, but I hope that a sarna link will suffice for now -> http://www.sarna.net...ion_Engine_-_XL (see construction notes). As for the source, I have to guess that either "Maximum Tech" or "Technical Readout 3050" contain that specific information. Have to look through all of them to be sure though. Cheers.

I checked both (noting the Sarna source says 'Maximum Tech' without specifying if its quoting the whole paragraph or the last sentance) and found nothing?

#712 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 07 April 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

I checked both (noting the Sarna source says 'Maximum Tech' without specifying if its quoting the whole paragraph or the last sentance) and found nothing?

No sweat, I'll check my sources and let you know asap.

#713 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 05 April 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Just glad we have Clans at all. After that disaster that was MechAssault I thought all video game versions of battletech were finished.

here here. Microsuck cause everyone to run to the hills when they bought the license. Closing the doors to Fasa Interactive made me feel as if they wanted to kill the great dragon and skewer over a pit as part of a feast. Well, we proved them wrong. MechWarrior is still going strong. What I hated most was how they made the Blood Asp. Stupid way to have a 95t power house walk around with stupid ass plasma balls on it shoulders. I'm glad PGI is not doing any of that here. Otherwise, I would leave these game in a instant.

#714 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Edited by Remarius, 08 April 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#715 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

Only Mech à la carte, Thor and Mad Cat. Enough about this topic from my point of view!

#716 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

I realy don't know what mech to pilot first from my Warhawk pack on the 17th, Should it be the Nova ,Summoner ,Timberwolf ,Warhawk or my Direwolf first. most important change to my Prime direwolf will be the clrm15 being replaced with a streak6,bap and the module 360 target retention and target decay just to help against lights that go behind me.

And if no one noticed that the 17th of june is the day Hanse Davion died in 3052 of a heart attack in his office.

#717 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

View Postvagabond The Scot, on 08 April 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

And if no one noticed that the 17th of june is the day Hanse Davion died in 3052 of a heart attack in his office.

It did not happen yet :P

#718 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:32 AM

I realy don't know what mech to pilot first from my Warhawk pack on the 17th, Should it be the Nova ,Summoner ,Timberwolf ,Warhawk or my Direwolf first. most important change to my Prime direwolf will be the clrm15 being replaced with a streak6,bap and the module 360 target retention and target decay just to help against lights that go behind me.

up to you. I'm going full Dire Wolf with mine, then Summoner, then Timber Wolf. etc.

#719 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostCCC Dober, on 05 April 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

You obviously missed out on the MW4 multiplayer aspect and later mods. With that in mind, you got so much more out of the game, it was simply unreal. Sadly enough it was impossible to add new singleplayer campaigns, but at least there was interplanetary league play, new maps and Mechs to try out. My last count was well above 100 Mechs with Mekpak 3.1. and way more maps than that. The modding community kept the game going long after M$ pulled the plug. For free.

And what do we have here in MWO? None of the above. What used to be a $60 feature complete product with a minimum of mod support (map tool) is now supposedly free and anything but complete without any mod support at all. Indeed, we are facing price inflation but also a feature deflation that boggles the mind. The most basic multiplayer features are missing. Lobby? Nope. Map vote? Nope. Adjusting Mechs/configs to the map? Nope. Reconnect? Nope. The list goes on ...

Despite all that we are supposed to bleed money for premium time, Mech Credits, GXP conversions, cockpit decorations, camo skins and hero Mechs. None of that adds to the experience in a meaningful way and some of it even bars your way. I find this particularly insulting because it betrays a lack of committment to the Founders deal that literally kickstarted MWO. As a Founder you would rightfully think that delivering on the four pillars of MWO's design would have top priority. It's what you paid for after all.

Are you happy about what was sold and where we are today?
What about the costs for the Clan Packs?
Are they fair when you got more and better Mechs back in MW4 mods for free?

You don't need to give me the answer to any of these questions. I'd be happy if you would just consider where we've been already, what has been sold to us and where we are today.

I can’t decide if you’re trolling but you’re certainly ranting.

I’ve played every PC based Mechwarrior/Battletech game with all add on’s including the online versions.

The online play for MW4 was so unbalanced it was laughable. The graphics were awful even when it was launched. By today’s standards they’re downright pathetic.

The ONLY good things about the game were the mods and the single player side which wasn’t exactly long. The reason people could mod it to an ok extent was because the mechs were so minimalist in terms of graphics, basically a blob you could hack to assign different data to easily. Which brings up the use of third party tools which was rife.

The fact you’re after certain of the features you rant about is the give away that you just like to min max everything – the ability to remove challenge by refitting your mech once you know the map is a game killer. Currently you have a lottery – go extreme and risk getting punished by weaknesses to your mech, go balanced and reduce the risk. It gives away that your only interest in clan mechs is almost certainly in having them as overpowered as they were in tabletop or in fact MW4.

Your ranting about Founders is laughable. The fact you ponied up at the start like I did does not entitle you to anything except what was in that pack.

“Are you happy about what was sold and where we are today?”

Yes, I’ve got certain hopes for content coming but that’s to enhance my experience not replace it.

“What about the costs for the Clan Packs?”

I’ve mentioned quite a few times I have a Gold Daishi waiting so what do you think?

“Are they fair when you got more and better Mechs back in MW4 mods for free?”

So laughable you must be trolling. The mechs were not better in any way I can think of except you didn’t have to pay or grind for them which from your rant is actually your objection. Tech and mechs were totally unbalanced, graphics were awful and changing data was so simple that people hacked it or used 3rd party mods to bypass server restrictions. MWO has some flaws or issues I really don’t like but MW4 was so flawed that only a player who wants to play easy mode would champion it.

#720 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I think I'll take out the Timber Wolf first no matter what.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users