Clan Package Thoughts

892 replies to this topic

#781 TheReal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

All I got from Phoenix & Clan package was this lousy teacup :D

I'm still not sure which Clan Package to buy. It had been a good move by PGI, to give the Phoenix-Buyers the missing mechs ... free of charge. Atm you had to pay additional 50$ to get the missing Phoenix-Mechs.

#782 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

The way that I see it is the game has been in a decline for a long period of time, but obviously has enough new traffic coming through with a lot of "loyal" (Or stupid) customers remaining. Enough to justify releasing a extremely expensive mech. They can probably make more money from selling the gold mech's then they can from selling hero mech's in some sick, corrupted way. This game has been garbage since coming out of Beta, and will remain so till they decide to design and develop a real ******* game, or hopefully Micro$shaft just takes the rights of the game back and finishes it off.

#783 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Decline? The game is more fun than ever, and new featured are actually comming out now. If this defines decline then please, keep dying!
I felt exactly this way about games I got fed up with. It doesn't mean that they were bad, quite the oposite to be honest. I just played too much to enjoy them. Take a break, it helps me a lot.

#784 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostSIN Deacon, on 29 April 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

The way that I see it is the game has been in a decline for a long period of time, but obviously has enough new traffic coming through with a lot of "loyal" (Or stupid) customers remaining. Enough to justify releasing a extremely expensive mech. They can probably make more money from selling the gold mech's then they can from selling hero mech's in some sick, corrupted way. This game has been garbage since coming out of Beta, and will remain so till they decide to design and develop a real ******* game, or hopefully Micro$shaft just takes the rights of the game back and finishes it off.

Dude, if you wan't to change design of the game - go and make better Mechwarrior game, I would seriously appreciate that. :D

Let people spend their money, justified or not - one thing is sure, it will let the game running further, and I'm grateful for that. In the end, as it was sad before - you may not play it, don't pay for, it's all your decisions, but why wish something to die off if others have fun with it?

#785 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostSIN Deacon, on 29 April 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Decline? Maybe in your mind.

They are not making your MechWarrior game, I understand, it is frustrating. Developing a game in your head for a decade only to not have it get made. I feel you bro. PGI is not making MY MechWarrior game either. Luckily MWO is quite a bit of fun and I enjoy it immensely! Clan injection will make it even more enjoyable. No more running around in IS Chassis!

Game is still a work in progress, that is for sure. Damn good game though. Not your game or mine, but still, enjoyable.

#786 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 29 April 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Decline? Maybe in your mind.

They are not making your MechWarrior game, I understand, it is frustrating. Developing a game in your head for a decade only to not have it get made. I feel you bro. PGI is not making MY MechWarrior game either. Luckily MWO is quite a bit of fun and I enjoy it immensely! Clan injection will make it even more enjoyable. No more running around in IS Chassis!

Game is still a work in progress, that is for sure. Damn good game though. Not your game or mine, but still, enjoyable.

Nor mine, for sure.

Enjoyable? Aff, especially when doing Trials and Melees with other Clan warrior.

If there was a bigger presence of Wolves in MWLL.. ^_^

#787 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

No clan package for me, despite the fact that I prefer Clans. Too little is known about the current stable for me to bite that hook.

I got the Founder's, Phoenix and Sabre packs and learned my lesson there. I am hoarding my 20,000 Founder's MC, over 80 mil C-bills and over 30,000 GXP - the latter two just keep accruing. I am also collecting the free mechbays. I play with maybe 7 of my mechs and will probably be unloading the ones I feel uncomfortable piloting.

#788 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

See, I did not get the Founders Pack, even though at the time that was absolutely an option for me. I was hoping Clans were around the corner back then and I wanted to save my cash for when they came out. To me, the Invasion Pack is my Founder Pack. If the Clans were released two years ago I doubt I ever would have owned any Inner Sphere mechs to begin with!

#789 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I've bought into every package so far, at a middling level. Vet Founder, Guardian Phoenix, and now Thor Clan. I didn't particularly feel like dumping over $100 in one go, but that's still $210 over the past two years. For a video game, it might seem like a lot, but I took a step back and compared what I've spent over time on some of the tabletop games I play or have played and that's kind of small potatoes. I mean, the costs for building custom units in Classic Battletech is pretty comparable to the package in terms of per mech cost. Iron Wind Metals charges $9 to $16 per mech, so $10 per digital mech + extras is fine by me.

While I wasn't super happy with the selection in the Phoenix or Founder's packs, Clan has the two mechs I really want in the Summoner package, and getting the Summoner pack gets me 3 of the 5 mechs I'm interested in.

Considering how much actual use I get out of my Nova of Clan minis, the money spent on MWO has probably gotten me more entertainment hours per dollar spent.

Edited by Dakkaface, 30 April 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#790 Candrill

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

I bought the Timber Wolf Ala-Carte, if I decide to buy the Mad Cat collection will I receive credit for the previous purchase.

#791 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

I bought the Warhawk A La Carte for now.

#792 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

We need Nova pics A.S.A.P.

#793 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

The wait is horrible, quiaff? Still so many unknowns that will be answered in a month's time. So many glorious omnimechs to pilot.

Been stuck in these Spheroid scrap heaps for too long!

#794 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

At least we have 5 pics down and 3 to go.

#795 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

3 reveals to go, a new write up on ClanTech and a reveal for all the fancy extras we get...

#796 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

When is the new write up anyways?

#797 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 May 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

When is the new write up anyways?

I hope tomorrow. :)

#798 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Exxxcellent.

I hope we get a definitive explanation of Clan ERPPC and TarComps. I am really, really hoping they go with 15/15/6 C-ERPPC, personally, though when I did a thought experiment on it having a longer cooldown to bring the DPS on level with IS-PPC I realized that, counter to initial logic would suggest, perhaps having a 6 second cooldown might be too beneficial, as opposed to a 5 second one.

I know, a shorter cooldown is supposed to be a good thing, but, while having a higher ROF is good, the heat generation of a 6 second cooldown ERPPC is... well... not bad. 15 heat to dissipate over 6 seconds vs 15 heat over 5 seconds. Yeah, with 6 seconds you cannot fire as often, but you are also less likely to accidentally fry yourself due to heat mismanagement, too.

I mean, if they make 15 damage ERPPC have a 6 second cooldown, the DPS is the same between clan and inner sphere PPC, except the risk vs reward shifts from overheating to increased enemy opening should you miss. Actually curious about how it is going to be handled because it seems like a lot more complicated a thing to figure out than a strict spreadsheet calculation.

I am a PPC fanatic, but these Inner Sphere particle cannons are worth less than a surat's droppings. Savashri, give me a real particle cannon, not a party sparkler!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 May 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#799 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

I am curious about why more information regarding how clan tech will work has not been released yet, with just over one month until the preorders are delivered. Personally, I believe that PGI would sell more clan packages if they gave us a steady stream of information and also revealed the other three social rewards.

Edited by Edward Mattlov, 15 May 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#800 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 15 May 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

I am curious about why more information regarding how clan tech will work has not been released yet, with just over one month until the preorders are delivered. Personally, I believe that PGI would sell more clan packages if they gave us a steady stream of information and also revealed the other three social rewards.

Presumably this would be the information announcement you would want, though, no? I mean, we have how Clan mechs will function in the mechlab. We have how XP will work with clan "chassis." What we do not have is the nitty gritty finalized balance when it comes to Clan weapons, nor how/if Clan vs IS mode will exist.

Late, but better late than never.

I agree, though, they tried to sell a product without enough information for most people, and community rewards would probably be achieved faster if we knew what was being worked for. If we knew that, say, reward 3 was another mech, I bet it would have sold more, or at least faster.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 May 2014 - 03:08 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users