The Underrated Locust

4831 replies to this topic

#4181 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 02 July 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Ive been having the bads recently. Pulling 100-200 damage matches.

That's been my day basically. All week. :)

#4182 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

I tried:

Posted ImagePosted Image

edit: My ping was not that high for the match, my daughter decided to turn on netflix right after I died.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 04 July 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#4183 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

Whoop whoop

Posted Image

#4184 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostSource Mystic, on 04 July 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

WELL I THINK this will be short lived with all the complaining I am almost sure pgi will Nerf the locust which is a pity I hate to throw a good mech in the junkyard.

Which is stupid, because nothing significant has changed with the Locust. It's just that most of the other Lights are target practice now, and so the three nice Lights that we have must also become crap to cater to the lowest common denominator.

#4185 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 July 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Which is stupid, because nothing significant has changed with the Locust. It's just that most of the other Lights are target practice now, and so the three nice Lights that we have must also become crap to cater to the lowest common denominator.

So much truth. My locusts do not seem to have changed all that much. My wolfhounds on the other hand have a noticeably shorter life span...so I take locusts. That is what all the light pilots have done and that is why there are so many. It has nothing to do with them being OP it has everything to do with the rest being crap now.

#4186 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 04 July 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

So much truth. My locusts do not seem to have changed all that much. My wolfhounds on the other hand have a noticeably shorter life span...so I take locusts. That is what all the light pilots have done and that is why there are so many. It has nothing to do with them being OP it has everything to do with the rest being crap now.

Well, not all. The ACH and Raven are still good, and you'll find more comp players in the ACH because it is still the better 'Mech. We take Locusts because they are fun with a high skill floor and a moderately high skill cap, but when it comes down to business the Raven pokes better and the Cheetah duels better. The Oxide is still solid for splat, too. I imagine a slightly de-gunned Jenner IIC with a bigger engine would remain a solid striker, too.

#4187 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 July 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Well, not all. The ACH and Raven are still good, and you'll find more comp players in the ACH because it is still the better 'Mech. We take Locusts because they are fun with a high skill floor and a moderately high skill cap, but when it comes down to business the Raven pokes better and the Cheetah duels better. The Oxide is still solid for splat, too. I imagine a slightly de-gunned Jenner IIC with a bigger engine would remain a solid striker, too.

Yeah, I guess I was making a broad generalization against the argument that Locusts are OP and that is why they are so popular all of the sudden. Which Ravens are being used at higher tiers right now? I still need to get mine all leveled up.

#4188 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

Think i might of lost my locust Zen either that or my aim has been getting worse in general lately. But ive been getting one shotted a lot tonight. Which isn't un expexted but these were a little too good aim if you know what i mean.

#4189 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 04 July 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I guess I was making a broad generalization against the argument that Locusts are OP and that is why they are so popular all of the sudden. Which Ravens are being used at higher tiers right now? I still need to get mine all leveled up.

Raven-4X with a 2xLPL.

#4190 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 July 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Raven-4X with a 2xLPL.

#4191 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostMaugged, on 29 June 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

Which ones?

Nvm, the website was doing maintenance, and so the links were down for a few hours. They work just fine now.

#4192 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

Raven-4X with a 2xLPL.

That definitely is a beastly bird also.

#4193 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

Raven-4X with a 2xLPL.

Well, you COULD always use it as an AC20 boomraven.

#4194 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

I recently upgraded my PC and I'm finally able to play my Locusts again. So good!

Posted Image

#4195 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

View PostDauphni, on 07 July 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

I recently upgraded my PC and I'm finally able to play my Locusts again. So good!

Posted Image

I made a deal with my 12 year old son that I would split the cost of a gaming PC with him and then hired him to work for me :D I should have a pretty decent computer by the end of the summer. I just hope I can afford my half of it ;)

#4196 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostHelene de Montfort, on 30 June 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

No, she said "Again!", that's why there's a second video Posted Image

In that case once wasn't good enoug ;P

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 July 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

the others aren't even bad, just look at the bad scores of many players, some are in the most cheese mechs even bad, too many just want "their mech" fixed but can't accept that they are the issue. especially when you see kodiaks and KGC's with less than 200 damage you really have to wonder.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 July 2016 - 07:31 AM.

#4197 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:58 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 07 July 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

I made a deal with my 12 year old son that I would split the cost of a gaming PC with him and then hired him to work for me Posted Image I should have a pretty decent computer by the end of the summer. I just hope I can afford my half of it Posted Image

It really makes a huge difference. I was running the game at 5-15 fps with my old rig, and I was doing okay but not great. Now that my fps is in the 80-100 range I'm getting crazy 800+ dmg games all the time.

#4198 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:33 AM

Here's to add to the Pokecusts fearsome reputation:
It is even fit for scouting/protect intel. Granted, the enemy wasn't full Meta, but so weren't we. So, whenever someone tells you in scouting to get a decent mech, just smile and let him rant.

Posted Image
All hail the Pokecust!

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 08 July 2016 - 01:34 AM.

#4199 Vlasterx

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBetelguese

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

I had the most epic game in Locust. When I think of it, this was the best game I had in any mech. If I uninstall game now, I will leave satisfied Posted Image

I made 6 kills (3 solo kills), 880 damage and I saved my team from losing 5 seconds before the end. Before this party started, they had advantage of 9:11. I ended beaten up like Bruce Willis in Die Hard at the end of the movie. :)

Posted Image

And here is the video.

Edited by Vlasterx, 10 July 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#4200 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:04 AM

Do you suppose that less people would complain about the OP Locust if they would TURN AROUND when you start shooting them in the back? Got solo kills on a rifleman and a stalker who both decided whatever was in front of them was much more interesting than the locust shooting them in the back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users