Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#941 LifeshifterX

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hey MWO Peoples!

Just wondering has the actual Premium Accounts started as of August 7th or will it restart again when the game is actually launched? I'm just curious!! Please let me know!!

#942 Alshevts

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Sure, it will be reset after beta testing

Edited by Alshevts, 10 September 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#943 Blightsoul

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

just wonderin if any1 can tell me how to buy the standard armour, i cant seem to buy anymore than what ya start off with, an extra tonne or 2 would be very helpfull, any help would be muchly apreciated, thanks and bring on the mechwarrior online

#944 Hexcaliber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostBlightsoul, on 21 September 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

just wonderin if any1 can tell me how to buy the standard armour, i cant seem to buy anymore than what ya start off with, an extra tonne or 2 would be very helpfull, any help would be muchly apreciated, thanks and bring on the mechwarrior online

Each hard point has a cap on the amount of armour that may be equipped there, click on the mech icon in the config screen to access armour load-out. You will see a list of hard points along with two numbers, the first is the current amount of armour attached to that hard point, the right is the max for that hard point. To move armour around hard points use the up/down arrow for a given hard point to increase or decrease what you have there. HOWEVER, front and back for any point on the mech are considered part of a whole; for instance the center torso on a hunchback can fit 64 points of armour, by default 54 points are assigned to the front, and 10 points to the rear, if you remove 4 points from the center torso front, you can now assign them to the center torso rear.

It should be noted that some mechs do not come pre configured with their full complement of armour for each hard point, using the hunchback 4sp as an example again, you will see that the legs can have an additional 8 points of armour each (assuming you have enough free weight to add that much armour).

#945 1ceTr0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationMoving at long last....

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

People saying this just arent realizing the value of the mechs. If you buy legendary you will have 4 prime variant mechs which means you already have the start on all 4 mech trees they are a part of.

The lifetime C-Bill booster on all 4 mechs means when your grinding C-Bills you will never not have a mech out of combat you can jump in with.

In short the values are like this

10$ a month on premium accounts and around 15$ value at least on the Founders Mech's which is 170$ value for the 120$

If the mech's dont mean this much to you then perhaps Elite is a better option for you.

Yeah, I learned this the hard way but luckily I got my money refunded and back to elite status. Only one I care about is the Founder catapult to build my money pool, other mechs i'll never touch.

#946 Schrottfrosch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

I went from elite to legendary.

As a european I wondered how my ping works out and indeed at the beginning lighter mechs were a no go for me - with the jenner I constantly ended up in enemy mechs or walls or I fell off cliffs due to combination of bad ping and jumpy fps rates. So the best lag resistant mech in my opinion would be the fire support catapult.

The ping though got better from patch to patch and I learned how to tweak graphic options with the help of the user config file and I again tried out lighter mechs. I promptly fell in love with the Jenner, which in my opinion is one of the best mechs if you want to drop alone, because if your setup is right you can pick your fights and disengage most of the time without problems.

Now with my heart lost to both of those beauties I had to make a decision - and it was easy to throw in an additional 60$. An additional benefit is, that with two premium mechs you can grind money really easily - as when you got destroyed you can jump into the other one.

Now regarding the Atlas and the Hunchback I have to say that only the Hunchback is a bit bad in my opinion, but I think this really is because of my playing style. I am experimenting a bit with a gauss rifle atm and it looks promissing, but when the game goes open beta I will concentrate on Cats and Jenners first I guess - a bit of Atlas in between but the Hunchie will catch quite some dust I guess :angry:

So overall I am happy with my legendary package!

#947 FAX MACHINE

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked but could not find it in a search and after an hour of reading I have skipped to the end to ask this question;

Can we buy founder packs and gift them to in-game accounts/friends? I have some friends who play the free version but likely won't continue for too long because they arn't in a position to pay for a Founder Pack and the advantage I get irritates them. I can find now way to pay for a founders pack for them.

#948 Lord Sevenous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 360 posts
  • LocationGermany, Münster (North Rhine-Westphalia)

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostEbany, on 19 October 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked but could not find it in a search and after an hour of reading I have skipped to the end to ask this question;

Can we buy founder packs and gift them to in-game accounts/friends? I have some friends who play the free version but likely won't continue for too long because they arn't in a position to pay for a Founder Pack and the advantage I get irritates them. I can find now way to pay for a founders pack for them.

As of Oct.14th the Founder program has run out! Because of the lack of patch since then it`s still advertised in the Game but it would have been possible if you had their Account infos (I did so for a Friend as a Birthday present) so buying them Premium Time is possible just not Founder Mechs.

Also it has been announced that there will be Promotion Packages like the Founder in the Future but not what they will give you or what they will cost....
*edit*: Ah here it is: http://mwomercs.com/...ure-promotions/

Edited by Lord Sevenous, 19 October 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#949 FAX MACHINE

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Damn, just missed out. Many thanks for the response.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users