Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#581 Dark Severance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,151 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostFaolan, on 19 June 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

It says on the email they sent out a few hours ago announcing the sale starting. "Premium accounts will become active at the start of Open Beta", followed by an explanation about what Premium means in terms of C-bills and xp.
I did not receive an email about the sale so I'm not sure what was said in it, is it the same thing as their announcement post here: http://mwomercs.com/...age-on-sale-now

#582 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Okay very good question

I did put another post up in general about double charges or other charge errors

However I just talked with Kyle....what you need to do is select Elite as an upgrade rather than buying two veterans.

What I suggest doing is do the elite upgrade right now and it should charge you 30$ to upgrade to elite then get your refund for the 30$ you spent on the second veteran

End result should be 60$ as it should be

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying that upgrading a Founder's Pack costs the difference between the pack you are going to and the pack you are coming from. Could you please state if this is right or not? :D

Also, are the Founders packs tied to my computer or my MWO account? Just wondering since I purchased a pack using my current system, if I purchase a computer that is more in line with the recommended specs, will I be able to use my Founders pack with the new PC?

And...one more thing. I am seeing allot of Founder's tags. Just curious.
Did the first day of Operation Inception meet your expectations? :)

#583 Faolan

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTaswegia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

The email (let's see if this pastes in properly)

Posted Image

#584 rarafungi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

View PostSnowDragon, on 19 June 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Will you still be issuing the random access closed beta keys to those who have bought founders?

"Will you still be issuing the random access closed beta keys to those who have bought founders?
Once we have achieved Closed Beta 2 we continue to ramp up the beta testers to the point where
we can handle the injection of the founders program. I should say that it is logical that this next round
of beta testers will likely be drawn from those early purchasers of the founders program; it only
makes sense since they have shown such dedication and are quite likely to be excellent beta testers."

#585 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

View PostLester McDougan, on 19 June 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

...spent the remaining spending money for this week on a Wolf's Dragoons tattoo...

Pics, or it didn't happen.

#586 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

How long does this sale go on for? cant afford to buy today but want to get the legendary..elite at least..so how long do i have before the sale of these ends??

View Postrarafungi, on 19 June 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

"Will you still be issuing the random access closed beta keys to those who have bought founders?
Once we have achieved Closed Beta 2 we continue to ramp up the beta testers to the point where
we can handle the injection of the founders program. I should say that it is logical that this next round
of beta testers will likely be drawn from those early purchasers of the founders program; it only
makes sense since they have shown such dedication and are quite likely to be excellent beta testers."

so..if you have the money to buy yesterday or today you have the dedication?..hmmm

#587 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostHighlandWolf, on 19 June 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

How long does this sale go on for? cant afford to buy today but want to get the legendary..elite at least..so how long do i have before the sale of these ends??

so..if you have the money to buy yesterday or today you have the dedication?..hmmm

At least until the 15th of July, no later than 7 Aug. Russ posted that earlier in the thread somewhere.

#588 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostTymanthius, on 19 June 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

At least until the 15th of July, no later than 7 Aug. Russ posted that earlier in the thread somewhere.

long thread already, missed it..thanks.....ok if thats the case that we can still get it in a couple of weeks..then great..will look forward to my founders mechs etc.
thanks

#589 Mercy Seraphin

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

ok i will get flamed iam sure but hey i have to ask how does adding xp boost to premium accnts not turn the F2P game into a P2W game ( and yes i will be purchasing a founders package later this week and will also be maintaing a monthly premium account ) as all know you have a skill tree to use the xp on so now premium members will way out lvl non premium members why not give premium members free repairs or free ammo or heck give em a ball cap but not an xp boost

#590 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostMercy Seraphin, on 19 June 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

ok i will get flamed iam sure but hey i have to ask how does adding xp boost to premium accnts not turn the F2P game into a P2W game ( and yes i will be purchasing a founders package later this week and will also be maintaing a monthly premium account ) as all know you have a skill tree to use the xp on so now premium members will way out lvl non premium members why not give premium members free repairs or free ammo or heck give em a ball cap but not an xp boost

I don't think it'll be all that bad. If you actually go look at all the pilot & mech trees, there's not that much. And for some people, like me, you can completely discount some trees. I'll likely never get in an Atlas. Possibly never get in anything bigger than a medium. It just doesn't fit me.

So all I have to do is max out my Jenner & Raven trees, then I'm golden until new mechs come out. :)

#591 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostTymanthius, on 19 June 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Give me your credit card info. :)

All kidding aside, have you taken a look at the thread about double charges & other issues that's just under (maybe over) this one in the general forum?

Yup, sure did read it, and pretty much everyone there is being doubled charged, while mine is in a constant decline. Hopefully its just a server issue, and itll go though. Hopefully also it wont charge me a 100 times, since I keep trying to get it. Was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue though, and that its not just a problem with being in Japan or something.

Hope they fix this issue soon.

#592 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostTerrapun, on 19 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

A question regarding founder tags, both on the forum and in-game.

Will there be an option of hiding them?

I'd feel kind of silly with such a tag permanently attached, like I was showing off. Plus I'm afraid it will be a “Please shoot me first!” tag, in-game.

Naw thats the legendary tag.

#593 Akenatum Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well I payed via paypal for my legendary but i don't have my status added to my profile how do i get you to fix this or do i lodge disputes to get my money back?

#594 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postakenatum, on 19 June 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Well I payed via paypal for my legendary but i don't have my status added to my profile how do i get you to fix this or do i lodge disputes to get my money back?

please have a look at this post: http://mwomercs.com/...importand-read/
regarding your issue

rgds
Om

#595 Ghostrider45

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationThibodaux La, 70301

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I have one Q I'm not a beta tester but I wanted to Know when are if we may be able to get into mechlad before Aus 7????

#596 Kroxak

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Will there be any kind of restriction for the rest of America and other countries?
Will there be IP-Block or any kind of stuff like this? (This totally will make me think in buying a founder's account or not)

#597 LethalMezzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Euro players - for hopefully all the clarity needed

You can spend your MC and in short get all of your founders rewards etc. If you stay on the NA server...great. If you leave you take all your stuff with you...no downside at all here.

Cheers, thanks for answering my question. Now I just need to figure out which package to get :)

#598 Peryl

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Holy Frak! Pages are piling up before I can even scroll to bottom of page. Good luck Russ!

EDIT: When I posted this there were 11 pages, 3 when I started reading. By the time this posted through, there were 34 pages. Yikes!

Edited by Peryl, 19 June 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#599 Osi

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

What plans do you have for future packs down the line?
If you have plans, how would they stack with these offers?

#600 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostKroxak, on 19 June 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Will there be any kind of restriction for the rest of America and other countries?
Will there be IP-Block or any kind of stuff like this? (This totally will make me think in buying a founder's account or not)

unsure what you mean by restriction, but about IP Blocking, there will be NO IP Blocking.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 May 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

... As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide. .... However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

rgds
Om

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users