94 replies to this topic

#1 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Hi there...

after patching the game and logging in testing directX11 in the testing grounds, my FPS drops from 60 (v-sync on) to 10.. or 20.. then back to 60 and again...

drops happens while walking forward or looking around.

i switched back to DX9, still the same problem. i re-installed the game, got new gfx card drivers... still the same problem.

then i took a look in the "Omicron" file and received alot of error... see spoiler:

Spoiler

as you can see, i'm running and AMD FX eight core processor with and AMD Radeon R9 270x GFX, 16Gig 1600mhz RAM and a 256GB SSD.

Before the patch (march, 4.) i had no problems at all running the game at very high settings and 1600x900 window mode.

now it doesn't matter what i change, nothing has a positive effect, just nothing happens when i take down the resolution, settings or whatever.

I dont understand why there are so many errors loading shaders and stuff in this report.

again: its not only happen on DX11 .... also on DX9 since the patch, before everything was fine.

edit: made two videos showing what is wrong.

<-- testing grounds
<-- Drop screen

Edited by Enzlaved, 05 March 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Me, too. Heavy, intermittent FPS loss after patch, even in DX9. Deleted shader cache, removed user.cfg, no change.

I used to hold an absolute minimum of 45fps, typically 60 at vsync. Now, during gameplay I'm dropping to 15fps occasionally.

#3 Murilo Specht

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm experiencing heavy stuttering and FPS drops during gameplay since this patch, never had these before.

i5 2500k @4.0ghz
GTX 660 Ti SC
8 GB RAM DDR3 @1600mhz

I tried DX9 and DX11, both have the same performance issues, though DX11 seems a little worse, it also causes a lot of input lag for me.

Edited by Murilo Specht, 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#4 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

I believe I'm having the same type of issue. I notice it when looking to the left or right then snapping back to center. It feels very choppy like i'm juddering or something similar. But it just seems to be on the edges when I'm switching mouse directions.

I tested and it seemed better with arm lock off. Arm lock on its the worst. However I will notice it on different parts of the maps too. One end of forest colony it seems to go away (hill side), in the middle, and at the tower base end its highly noticeable.

I thought at first my mouse had a problem, but I traded it out and tested with another and same issue.

So graphically something is flaking.

Before patch with arm lock on, it was smooth as butter all the time.

#5 PumpingIron

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

got around 20 fps less since the patch in dx9. (fx6300 + r9 270x)
dx11 is unplayable anyway.

#6 Chimarvamidium

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm getting frame drop and intermittent stuttering as well. Just to chime in.

#7 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Frames dropped from a solid 25 to sub 15 and hitting sub 10 regularly.

Just to add, I'm getting some odd blurring/ghosting effect. I'm getting all my FPS back in Night vision mode, but when JJs are active, it's really bad again.

Edited by Bront, 04 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Huge FPS drops, looks like I've got motion blur on when it should be off. Ping is jacked up and fluctuating heavily for no reason.

#9 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, I've got motion blur on and it should be off. It's causing all kinds of problems.

GOing to try turning it on and seeing if that helps.

Edit: Nope, motion blur on any setting doesn't change it. Dropping to FPS of 5 in the middle of the fight sucks. I'm done with MWO till it's fixed it looks like.

Edited by Bront, 04 March 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#10 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

I took a huge FPS hit as well, and stutter is there. I went from 60-80 FPS to 25-40, Tried DX9 and DX11, no difference.

Ran fine last night.

#11 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

I would normally get anywhere from 60-90 FPS, and now I can not get over 35-55 FPS. I also switched it back to DX9 and it did not improve anything.

#12 mrbash

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

I am seeing a 10 FPS drop in framerates with a GTX 6xx card.

#13 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

It's a struggle to get more than 25 FPS in DX9 mode now. That's on a Core i5 750, 16 GB DDR3-1600, Samsung EVO SSD, and a Radeon HD 7950 Boost.

#14 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Same here, the graphics just seem....busted *plays crysis 3, then plays mwo* *Shakes head and walks away* Im curious if everyone is getting 35-50 fps no matter their build, i get the same (running max settings with dx11) R9 280x is my card, i5-3570k is cpu, actually i should be looking at the load on these things, cps only at like 30% it seems

#15 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 04 March 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

It's a struggle to get more than 25 FPS in DX9 mode now. That's on a Core i5 750, 16 GB DDR3-1600, Samsung EVO SSD, and a Radeon HD 7950 Boost.

I wonder if we have a case of some of the graphics options not working properly again? I know there were some reports of the sliders not working and that Motion Blur being set to off under DX11 was causing me some issues.

#16 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostWarZ, on 04 March 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

I believe I'm having the same type of issue. I notice it when looking to the left or right then snapping back to center. It feels very choppy like i'm juddering or something similar. But it just seems to be on the edges when I'm switching mouse directions.

I tested and it seemed better with arm lock off. Arm lock on its the worst. However I will notice it on different parts of the maps too. One end of forest colony it seems to go away (hill side), in the middle, and at the tower base end its highly noticeable.

I thought at first my mouse had a problem, but I traded it out and tested with another and same issue.

So graphically something is flaking.

Before patch with arm lock on, it was smooth as butter all the time.

Having this issue as well. FPS remain approximately where they were pre-patch (still running DX9) but I get some stuttering especially when snapping on left-right axis. Makes playing my Lights incredibly disorienting.

#17 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

I noticed this somewhat today to. Also running into a stuttering usually at the beginning of the match. Also noticed that the longer I played (the more matches) the log it took to get into the match once connected and then back to the mechlab once I quit.

Tried with DX9 and DX11. Same same.

#18 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

i'm having the same issue. i'm using DX9 and framerates after patch seems to have taken a hit... used to have around 35... now its around 15 (med settings).

i'm also having a ghost/motion blur effect on moving objects (you can get rid of it by turning on motion blur and anti aliasing and then turning them off again every time you launch in a match... the blur re-appears at the start of every drop)

one more issue i'm experiencing is lag in mouse and keyboard input.

:rolleyes:

#19 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

For those of you with Nvida cards can you check GPU clock speeds and utilization please???

My 770 normally clocks at around 1100-1250 but it is now running at about 700mhz regardless of dx9/dx11. Curious if you guys are experiencing the same thing?

#20 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

I run my settings on High, no vsync... no motion blur. GPU is a ATI Radeon HD6850, CPU is i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Memory 8GB Gskill, Mobo Asus Z77-A, Corsair TX-750w PSU, all running on a OCZ 2gb SSD... CPU is liquid cooled and GPU is overclocked... case runs very cool. Video resolution is set at 1920x1080, avg 32-46 FPS depending on how much is going on at any given moment in-game. This is with DX9 prior to patch. :rolleyes:

With DX11 current patch, graphics seem to flow smoothly while still having about similar average FPS, but once I had about 9-15+ Mechs blasting away at each other, it dropped to about 21-27 FPS avg until things settled on the battlefield, then hopped back up to it's avg... with slight stutter/jerkiness to quick/sudden motion of mouse... keyboard motion transitioned fine. This was tested out with about I think 5 matches tonight... sorry, I was getting intoxicated LOL! :unsure:

I do want to note that I didn't have to reset my video settings in-game... those Devs pulled a funny on me -_-
Edits: typos and $%*! you read the last part of paragraph two right?

Edited by Grendel408, 05 March 2014 - 12:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users