I Tried To Adapted To The Lrm Meta But Nope

190 replies to this topic

#101 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostMystere, on 22 March 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

You are in what I call "Elo Heaven"! Welcome to the club!

Then I'm in Elo hell. Every match is PPC+AC/5 poptart builds backed up by 80 billion LRMs.

#102 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 23 March 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Then I'm in Elo hell. Every match is PPC+AC/5 poptart builds backed up by 80 billion LRMs.

Ok..........
So that's 3 weapon systems........
So now a team taking weapon systems from each weapon class is "op"? I don't get it. So now we should nerf LRMs
PPC
AC5's

Do you not honestly see how that would be detrimental to the game if they nerfed everything in the game based on "I ran into a lot of these weapons and got killed so they are "OP"

#103 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Ok..........
So that's 3 weapon systems........
So now a team taking weapon systems from each weapon class is "op"? I don't get it. So now we should nerf LRMs
PPC
AC5's

Do you not honestly see how that would be detrimental to the game if they nerfed everything in the game based on "I ran into a lot of these weapons and got killed so they are "OP"

Are you high? Go ahead and show us where I said that.

#104 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

uhm....
so basically they should nerf LRMs back to what the vast majority consider as "useless" across the entire spectrum of the game because some players can't figure out how to close with them now
or because more players are using them
or because they're deadly when used with some teamwork and coordination
or because they do the SAME (notice how that's not MORE) damage as every other weapon in the game now?

That's exactly what's being talked about in THIS thread. (which also has nothing to do with Victor nerfs but I digress)

Nope not at all I am all for balance. I want LRMs snipers to be valid. Again you are good at assumptions and putting words i my mouth. And while I am talking about LRMs maybe needing some sort of change because of how they affect game play for the worse. I am not the original poster. I have adapted. And I have no problem with a buff of some kind of LRMs as long as its good for game play.

But keep having that argument against things I did not say. :/

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 23 March 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#105 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 23 March 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

View PostArmandTulsen, on 23 March 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Are you high? Go ahead and show us where I said that.

Every match is PPC+AC/5 poptart builds backed up by 80 billion LRMs.

#106 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Just watched an example of where the new meta goes back. Nice combo of NARCing lights and 50-70 tube LRM boats, two or three of them. A guy would get NARCed, then die in literally 3 seconds. I counted. A full armor Banshee, dead before there was even a chance to look for cover.

My big concern? I like the LRM buffs in general but when the teamwork from this starts really playing out it'll make poptarts look tame.

Maybe a little NARC debuff and a little LRM debuff.

#107 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Nope not at all I am all for balance. I want LRMs snipers to be valid. Again you are good at assumptions and putting words i my mouth. And while I am talking about LRMs maybe needing some sort of change because of how they affect game play for the worse. I am not the original poster. I have adapted. And I have no problem with a buff of some kind of LRMs as long as its good for game play.

But keep having that argument against things I did not say. :/

then why are you posting in an LRMs are "op" thread?

#108 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

then why are you posting in an LRMs are "op" thread?
Because they do need adjustment as I said. And the topic does not have to be just NURF them or DONT NURF THEM.

#109 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Because they do need adjustment as I said. And the topic does not have to be just NURF them or DONT NURF THEM.

And I disagree, they're in a good spot
The fact that they're doing just as much damage as every other weapon in the game is proof of that.

#110 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

And I disagree, they're in a good spot
The fact that they're doing just as much damage as every other weapon in the game is proof of that.
I am more intersted in over all game play.

#111 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I am more intersted in over all game play.

Fix SRM hit registration, move ballistics to 2x range (like lasers and ppcs), and introduce more maps that aren't wide open fields.
There you go that pretty much solves all of the meta issues in one go.

#112 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Right, because that quote clearly says AC/5s and PPCs are OP.

I'm gonna give you one more chance at this reading comprehension thing. See if you can get it right this time.

#113 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 23 March 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Right, because that quote clearly says AC/5s and PPCs are OP.

I'm gonna give you one more chance at this reading comprehension thing. See if you can get it right this time.

Let's see...;

Thread title indicates the discussion is about how LRMs are now "op"
YOU posted about getting beaten by PPCs, AC5s, and LRMs
So if AN5's and PPCs (that you admitted you're losing to) aren't "op" it's just the LRMs that are "op" now? lol ok

#114 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Let's see...;

Thread title indicates the discussion is about how LRMs are now "op"
YOU posted about getting beaten by PPCs, AC5s, and LRMs
So if AN5's and PPCs (that you admitted you're losing to) aren't "op" it's just the LRMs that are "op" now? lol ok

No, you poor, unfortunate soul, who can't even read good. You should have went to Zoolander's school.

LRMs being OP is made worse by the fact that they have AC/5+PPC teammates backing them up. That was in reply to all those "L2P noob and get a brawler LOL" (paraphrasing) dolts.

#115 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 23 March 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

No, you poor, unfortunate soul, who can't even read good. You should have went to Zoolander's school.

LRMs being OP is made worse by the fact that they have AC/5+PPC teammates backing them up. That was in reply to all those "L2P noob and get a brawler LOL" (paraphrasing) dolts.

"No, you poor unfortunate soul, who can't read well" (figured I would fix that for you since you're complaining about others' reading comprehension)
Ahhh so OTHER weapons used by teammates to use teamwork are now what makes them "op" or makes them "more op"

#116 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

"No, you poor unfortunate soul, who can't read well" (figured I would fix that for you since you're complaining about others' reading comprehension)
Ahhh so OTHER weapons used by teammates to use teamwork are now what makes them "op" or makes them "more op"

I'm just curious. Do you ever actually speak to the argument or is derogation your only form of discourse? In fact, "Ahhh" isn't a word, even an onomatopeia, and, if it were, it should be punctuated with a comma, as "Ah,"

You don't appear to want to formulate an argument, or use teaching to get a point across, instead fixating on grammar and trying to twist the argument.

Since LRMs are not a problem to you, perhaps explore an explanation of tactics that makes you successful? [redacted] Your choice, I suppose.

Edited by miSs, 24 March 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#117 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

They are already OP, since the only way to protect yourself against 60+ (more like 150+) LRMs is either full cover and hide or bring ECM. Most maps don't have a lot of cover, and don't even get me started on ECM.

The argument for LRMs not being OP is "L2P."

Do you get it?

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 23 March 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#118 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostAstrocanis, on 23 March 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I'm just curious. Do you ever actually speak to the argument or is derogation your only form of discourse? In fact, "Ahhh" isn't a word, even an onomatopeia, and, if it were, it should be punctuated with a comma, as "Ah,"

You don't appear to want to formulate an argument, or use teaching to get a point across, instead fixating on grammar and trying to twist the argument.

Since LRMs are not a problem to you, perhaps explore an explanation of tactics that makes you successful? [redacted] Your choice, I suppose.

Ahhh here we go, I knew it would happen sooner or later
"He doesn't agree with me, so I'll resort to personal attacks" gl&gh sparky

#119 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 23 March 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

They are already OP, since the only way to protect yourself against 60+ LRMs is either full cover and hide or bring ECM.

The argument for LRMs not being OP is "L2P."

Do you get it?

Sure, I get your opinion is that they're "op", mine isn't. No amount of you saying otherwise changes that. No amount of "well I don't like em so they should be nerfed" has yet to explain why a weapon that now does just as much damage and is just as viable as EVERY other weapon in the game now is somehow "op"

It doesn't do more damage than other weapons
It has the ONLY hard counter (ecm) in the game to a weapon system
It requires time before and after achieving lock

But the only things I've seen offered as "proof" it's "OP" are:
It's "easy" to use
4+ mechs running dedicated LRM tubes make it "op"
It counters poptarts so it's "op"

Nowhere in there does it show how a weapon doing just as much (note, not MORE) damage as other weapons when used in good coordination and teamwork, is "op"

#120 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Best defense to the new meta is do not PUG. What has happened is that good players who run in premades got a buff due to the fact that lance composition has changed a little. Now pugs have a higher chance of being heavily countered unless their team composition is complimentary.

Which means PUGs probably have a slightly worse time now since taking an HGN isn't a guaranteed leaving mech corpses in its wake and able to carry hard.

Slightly.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users