I Tried To Adapted To The Lrm Meta But Nope

190 replies to this topic

#81 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

and my statement still stands. You can't brawl as well with faster heavies and mediums. That's exactly what SHOULD happen
Your statement doesnt stand because it did not really talk about this. Unless you are talkiing about something you said earlier. But regardless a Victor is supposed to be closer to heavy in turning speed than an Atlas. That is how it was designed. That is why it is why it is closer to a cataphract in weight than an Atlas.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 23 March 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#82 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Your statement doesnt stand because it did not really talk about this. Unless you are talkiing about something earlier. But regardless a Victor is supposed to be closer to heavy in turning speed than an Atlas. That is how it was designed. That is why it is why it is closer to a cataphract in weight than an Atlas.

and it still out turns an Atlas right? it also out turns any assault or heavy without JJs as long as you don't keep trying to do it with 1 JJ

#83 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

and it still out turns an Atlas right? it also out turns any assault or heavy without JJs as long as you don't keep trying to do it with 1 JJ

Looks like they made it the same as the Atlas for a given engine rating, at least the torso yaw speed is the same as an Atlas now. Check Smurfy's for the data. I don't even own any Victors, but I think they may have gone overboard with the nerf. =/

Edited by YueFei, 23 March 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#84 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

They feel like an Atlas now unless you move all the way up to about a 385xl. I have lots of engines and all the engines from about 300-400. Before the sweet spot was a 360. Not you have to run the 385 to start to get the same feel. Thing is as I mentioned a Victor is 20 tons lighter than an Atlas but only 5 tons heavier than a heavy. It is supposed to handle closer to a heavy than an assault.

Also clearly you have no idea how I play. I have always used max jump jets.

So as I said the Victor high alpha high speed closer range brawler got over nurfed. The changes were...

1. Much slower jump jet turn speed even with full amount of jump jets.
2. Slow recharge time of jump jets. Cant jump as often to spread damage to your legs.

3. Turning speed and torso movement speed changed from default to -20%.
4.Arm movement speed changed from default to -10%.

#85 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

They feel like an Atlas now unless you move all the way up to about a 385xl. I have lots of engines and all the engines from about 300-400. Before the sweet spot was a 360. Not you have to run the 385 to start to get the same feel. Thing is as I mentioned a Victor is 20 tons lighter than an Atlas but only 5 tons heavier than a heavy. It is supposed to handle closer to a heavy than an assault.

Also clearly you have no idea how I play. I have always used max jump jets.

So as I said the Victor high alpha high speed closer range brawler got over nurfed. The changes were...

1. Much slower jump jet turn speed even with full amount of jump jets.
2. Slow recharge time of jump jets. Cant jump as often to spread damage to your legs.

3. Turning speed and torso movement speed changed from default to -20%.
4.Arm movement speed changed from default to -10%.

so you can get it to work the same as before it was nerfed but it requires you to add a little more weigh in engine to do it....

again, show me one single assault that doesn't have JJs that a Victor can't out turn.

#86 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

#87 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

so you can get it to work the same as before it was nerfed but it requires you to add a little more weigh in engine to do it....

again, show me one single assault that doesn't have JJs that a Victor can't out turn.
No even when giving up 5.5 tons of weopons you are still not back to the Victor pre nurf.

And you keep talking like all assaults are the same. But you are giving up 20 tons to an Atlas. You are giving up 15 to a Banshee and have more limited load out options. And an Orian is only 5 tons lighter than you. You need to be able to move a great deal better than an Atlas or Banshee or its just not worth it.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 23 March 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#88 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

No even when giving up 5.5 tons of weopons you are still not back to the Victor pre nurf.

And you keep talking like all assaults are the same. But you are giving up 20 tons to an Atlas. You are giving up 15 to a Banshee and have more limited load out options. And an Orian is only 5 tons lighter than you. You need to be able to move a great deal better than an Atlas or Banshee or its just not worth it.

You're also taking 40 tons over medium mechs that were out manuevered. So explain to me how that Victor should be more nimble than a Centurion
or HB
or Jager
or any other medium brawler.

#89 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Love the new LRMs. Glad they can finally compete with the AC and Energy builds.

#90 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 23 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Glad they can finally compete with the AC and Energy builds.

Which is exactly why you have some QQing about it

#91 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

You're also taking 40 tons over medium mechs that were out manuevered. So explain to me how that Victor should be more nimble than a Centurion
or HB
or Jager
or any other medium brawler.
Well a jagermech is a heavy not a medium. And with the jump jet changes you were not more maneuverable. And even before my Shadow hawks were more maneuverable than my Victors. The added nurfing of turning speed, torso movement and arm movement was the over kill part. Or really the combination. You could have had a little faster turn speed with 4 jump jets and a little less nurfing of turn speed and found a nice place. See the heavies got a nurf on jump jet turning you cant even tell. And the Victors a huge nurf. But it should have been some place in the middle.

They should turn both with jump jets and without less well than a heavy but a lot better than an Atlas or Highlander. They should reflect the tonnage being only 5 more than a heavy but 20 less than an Atlas.

#92 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

even before my Shadow hawks were more maneuverable than my Victors.

I'm going to just leave it at that.

#93 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

But like the OP, I feel like I have to take an ECM Mechs now, rather than the other 26 in my hangar, just to get some relief from the heavy incoming LRMs.

April is coming, my friend.

#94 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostVarent, on 22 March 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I stopped there.

LRMS are very good vs snipers since they ahve to stay more exposed now, jump snipers have been slowed down and er large alsers take time to aquire targets and fire. LRMS are very good against this.

Go play a brawler. Prosper.

Edit - Dont be stupid and run out in the open while playing a brawler, play a smart brawler that advances using cover.

Until they improve srm's brawlers are suffering, they nerf the speed of ac20 they haven't fixed the detection of srm's the slowest missle, so what else can preople think except this is what PGI want and then deside what to do which is this case is leave

#95 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostCathy, on 23 March 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Until they improve srm's brawlers are suffering, they nerf the speed of ac20 they haven't fixed the detection of srm's the slowest missle, so what else can preople think except this is what PGI want and then deside what to do which is this case is leave

How does slowing down the AC20 slightly prevent it from being an effective brawling weapon? It prevents it from being used as effectively and easily at long ranges. Slowing it down doesn't make it less effective at brawling, it makes it less effective at sniping.
SRMs are NEARLY as ineffective as many want to perceive them as. I've pointed out in several SRM threads that it has more to do with reticles not lighting up to show hits even though the enemy mech is taking damage, but that's a topic for another discussion.

#96 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Top performers in the game are largely in Victors, at least the people on the scoreboard.

Maybe they have magic pre-nerf Victors?

#97 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 March 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Top performers in the game are largely in Victors, at least the people on the scoreboard.

Of course, it couldn't possibly have ANYthing to do with individual skill and tactics. That would mean some aren't as "elite" as they thought they were...

#98 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Or assuming your statement is true they are jump snipers or dps builds. Even before the nurf most Victors were either jump snipers or high DPS builds. There were a lot less close in high alpha brawlers. And the nurf did not affect those high DPS or jump snipers as much.

Kinda goes back to what I mentioned about nurfing something that was not a problem to start with.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 23 March 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#99 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Of course, it couldn't possibly have ANYthing to do with individual skill and tactics. That would mean some aren't as "elite" as they thought they were...
Ya why even take a moment to understand the posts about what types of builds are affected and what builds were not affected much.

#100 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Ya why even take a moment to understand the posts about what types of builds are affected and what builds were not affected much.

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Or assuming your statement is true they are jump snipers or dps builds. Even before the nurf most Victors were either jump snipers or high DPS builds. There were a lot less close in high alpha brawlers. And the nurf did not affect those to builds much.

Kinda goes back to what I mentioned about nurfing something that was not a problem to start with.

uhm....
so basically they should nerf LRMs back to what the vast majority consider as "useless" across the entire spectrum of the game because some players can't figure out how to close with them now
or because more players are using them
or because they're deadly when used with some teamwork and coordination
or because they do the SAME (notice how that's not MORE) damage as every other weapon in the game now?

That's exactly what's being talked about in THIS thread. (which also has nothing to do with Victor nerfs but I digress)

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users