Hello Pgi Just A Question New Map When? And After That When Do The Next Map Arrive Then Another 6 Months Later?

Map

78 replies to this topic

#61 Durandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

I've mentioned it in a couple threads...but if PGI really wants to get some maps without paying money for it, release the map tools to those of us who've done this thing in dozens of games previously. Some of the best, most beloved maps in a lot of shooters were made by modders/mappers, and I know I'd sit around for days on end just making new maps to submit for consideration. Hell, I would even take time to redesign existing maps to try and improve them for various gametypes (River City on Assault, for instance) or create new variants (HPG Manifold post Clan invasion?) just to have something different to try out. I know there are some other mappers out there who would also jump at the opportunity.

And hey, PGI could even make a game out of it: submit your best maps, and anything chosen for the game wins you a bit of MC or a shiny cockpit item to ride around with. Like I said, I'd have a few dozen submissions that I'd love to make.

Give us the tools if your map making team has it on hold. I guarantee, some of us out here will come up with something that will be great to play on. :)

#62 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

View Postdurandal, on 14 May 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

I've mentioned it in a couple threads...but if PGI really wants to get some maps without paying money for it, release the map tools to those of us who've done this thing in dozens of games previously. Some of the best, most beloved maps in a lot of shooters were made by modders/mappers, and I know I'd sit around for days on end just making new maps to submit for consideration. Hell, I would even take time to redesign existing maps to try and improve them for various gametypes (River City on Assault, for instance) or create new variants (HPG Manifold post Clan invasion?) just to have something different to try out. I know there are some other mappers out there who would also jump at the opportunity.

And hey, PGI could even make a game out of it: submit your best maps, and anything chosen for the game wins you a bit of MC or a shiny cockpit item to ride around with. Like I said, I'd have a few dozen submissions that I'd love to make.

Give us the tools if your map making team has it on hold. I guarantee, some of us out here will come up with something that will be great to play on. :)

Niko and Bryan have made it quite clear they'd rather spend $250,000 per map, which takes upwards of 6 months to create/test/release, than give us the ability to help them.

#63 Durandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Not that people who work for the company can't make good things...but when you open it up, you're giving the reins over to people who will do it completely for free because they enjoy it. Looking at any Blizzard RTS game, Counterstrike, Unreal, Team Fortress, and so many more, I can't understand why any company doesn't give players the opportunity to design their own maps. You're getting free content, if only you would just accept it...

#64 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostKharax, on 03 April 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Because i Like MWO realy, it is just all the existing maps booring me off after played them 1000+ times. PLEASE DUDES BRING US SOME darn MAPS cant that be soo strange???

With grammar and presentation like that, I don't know why we don't have an answer already. I mean, it isn't like this hasn't been asked and already addressed by Niko several times over the past 2 weeks.

#65 Macone

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

ups

#66 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

The problem I have with current maps is 3/4 of them are to small, they were made for 8 v 8 max. All the maps should be resized and expanded upon. I know that most pugs, teams, etc. want a quicker match to farm more cbills. But honestly making the existing maps bigger would make for more tactics, and strategies. Imagine if you will a miracle happens and CW comes out like we all want it and PGI has advertised it to be, the maps we have will be like fighting for city blocks not planets. I have more fun playing Planetside 2 and they only have 3 maps..but there huge compared to MWO's biggest maps. And I agree PGI should open up for player made maps. At this point PGI needs every bit of help it can get just to stay afloat, due to its Incompetent leadership and business model. I would love to know when was the last time they consulted with Randall Bills, or anybody at Catalyst games about Battletech/MechWarrior. I'm sure they have a few old maps they could scan over to PGI's Art department.

#67 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

like to see any proof of what is talked about, sorry but i dont give any more care about all the talky talky.

#68 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Soo 6 Months of no real content, Iam BORED and please stop talking that mechs are content.

#69 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

The problem is not to nerv actual game balances, but ok ive tried the cheap actual meta aswell, an iam ashamed that i just used it its just to cheap easymode and anyone jerking on its skill with ac5 ppc meta builds should just go in the edge and be ashamed lol, sorry for bad english but iam drunk ;D, BUT the actual problem is that there are absulutely not enought MAPS that not preffer the lame meta jumptard crap to play with, SORRY i realy dont can understand whow the heck 1 new map could cost you an value of 250 000 USD ??? I mean realy bring it, bring us a pack of lets say 10 new maps every half jear and take al the people who are willed to make this in your team WAHT IS THE PROBLEM its JUST UNDERSTANDEABLE realy.!!!

Edited by Kharax, 28 May 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#70 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

BUMP IT JUST IN TOP OF ALL THE USELES DONT NERV BLABLA POSTS

Edited by Kharax, 28 May 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#71 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Perhaps CW is holding them back, and after community warfare is in, they're be able to add maps. :huh:

#72 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

The next map should be Jungle based.

2 things happened that has slowed down the map release.

1. All graphic resources were shifted to making the clan mechs.

2. A few month ago I put out the idea of making the center focal point of the Jungle map a Aztec Temple.

Posted Image

Note the multi level aspect that brings jump jets into play. With the stairs being replaced with ramps. This also leaves the option of fighting inside the temple.

Posted Image

This is model with multiple examples of Aztec buildings.

So this may be a reason why it was pulled for a revamp.

#73 ImperialCrusader

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, new maps would be awesome, more variety, still, once in a post i read about a jungle map, but nothing since then

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 28 May 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

The next map should be Jungle based.

2 things happened that has slowed down the map release.

1. All graphic resources were shifted to making the clan mechs.

2. A few month ago I put out the idea of making the center focal point of the Jungle map a Aztec Temple.

Posted Image

Note the multi level aspect that brings jump jets into play. With the stairs being replaced with ramps. This also leaves the option of fighting inside the temple.

Posted Image

This is model with multiple examples of Aztec buildings.

So this may be a reason why it was pulled for a revamp.

Just to get the info right, the first picture is a Mayan building, the second one is an Aztec one :D

#74 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

More maps are needed, as is a redesign and overhaul of the current ones.
Those invisible walls on HPG manifold are taking things to a troll level.

#75 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

7 months and counting Is there realy something comming nearby next week???
It whould be realy time for some maps, the Clanmechs are out already ... so bring it PGI please

Edited by Kharax, 24 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#76 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

WHATZ GOING ON, NEW MAPS WHEN?????????????????
Change the forum structure back to the old ones puke is comming up at at those pointles chaotic struggle off whiny posts about anything got nerfed or changed or overpowered useles talky talky.
You guys said that new maps are comming after the clan mechs are done, and they are done
many poeple dont give a care about new mechs (skins) because theres a horrobill disapoint about new MAPS. Because they are simply not appear so what?

Edited by Kharax, 25 June 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#77 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

They are probably working on getting the old camo patterns working for clan mech ATM. After all it is $$. Then the maps. I wish they would at least give us a glimpse of the map.

#78 headbasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

Maps are a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE deal in this type of game. If they a do not have some people working on maps constantly that is a huge mistake.

#79 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

PGI WHAT IS GOING ON???
NEW MAP, AND WHEN IT ARRIVES???

Or how to patch a good game to crap,
Without delivering any content.

Edited by Kharax, 03 July 2014 - 03:33 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users