• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 April 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

That's just bad, and you should feel bad. :D

Hint: XL on Tbolts are a deathtrap. Hitting the side torso accidentally is not that hard... :P

If you go STD, though, you'll have to be either as slow as an assault mech or under-gunned for a heavy. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.

On a side note, a large proportion of my deaths are from CT anyways, and most of the times I do die I would be equally boned even with a STD engine in place of the XL.

Edited by FupDup, 21 April 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#422 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostFupDup, on 20 April 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I managed to find a loadout that works okay for now:
TDR-9S

The energy weapons part of the loadout feels underwhelming much of the time, but the dakka makes up for it. :D

I also tried UAC/5 + 2 PPC + 3 ML but it just didn't click for me even though it's technically "more meta-ish" than the one above.

You could be cool and GAUSS RIFLE YEA and show your Gauss skills. I plan on messing around with the 9S with the Gauss then maybe doing a Summoner Prime build with it.

#423 Exarch Levin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostFupDup, on 20 April 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I managed to find a loadout that works okay for now:
TDR-9S

The energy weapons part of the loadout feels underwhelming much of the time, but the dakka makes up for it. :D

I also tried UAC/5 + 2 PPC + 3 ML but it just didn't click for me even though it's technically "more meta-ish" than the one above.

So you took a dual AMS mech and stripped it of all its AMS? That just seems so wrong IMO.

BTW, why didn't you put one of the ER larges into the RA for mobility?

Edited by Exarch Levin, 21 April 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#424 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostExarch Levin, on 21 April 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

So you took a dual AMS mech and stripped it of all its AMS? That just seems so wrong IMO.

BTW, why didn't you put one of the ER larges into the RA for mobility?

Because cover is the best AMS, and I want to use the high energy mounts for sniping.

Edited by FupDup, 21 April 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#425 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostFupDup, on 21 April 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

If you go STD, though, you'll have to be either as slow as an assault mech or under-gunned for a heavy. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.

On a side note, a large proportion of my deaths are from CT anyways, and most of the times I do die I would be equally boned even with a STD engine in place of the XL.

Torso twist is your friend, despite the lowered torso twist (made me rage through the basics for that reason alone).

I'm already running a 300 STD (used to run a 275-280 STD). All I can say is BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL.

Edited by Deathlike, 21 April 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#426 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 April 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Torso twist is your friend, despite the lowered torso twist (made me rage through the basics for that reason alone).

I'm already running a 300 STD (used to run a 275-280 STD). All I can say is BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL.

I know about twisting, bro. And despite how much I do the twist, my CT seems to take more hits than other body parts. The sides take a lot of hits too, but not quite as much as the CT. In situations where it's a ggclose and there are at least 2 lances converging on me...yeah that STD engine isn't gonna do me much good. Might as well squeeze in more firepower to help kill things before the steamroll takes full effect.

#427 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, after mastering Tbolts lonnnnnnnng before the 9S rollout, they run an XL pretty well - I found that being zippier was keeping me alive a lot longer than not having an engine bleed into my side torsos. The Bolt seems to get cored out a lot more other mechs, and that's even with copious amounts of torso twisting.

#428 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Not to be too cynical, but did anyone else noticed that both the free Cent and the 9S have already been upgraded with double heat sinks? I guess even PGI will admit that Single HS are not usable and didn't want any complaints that people will need to spend c-bill to upgrade a free mech. :D

#429 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostAloha, on 21 April 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not to be too cynical, but did anyone else noticed that both the free Cent and the 9S have already been upgraded with double heat sinks? I guess even PGI will admit that Single HS are not usable and didn't want any complaints that people will need to spend c-bill to upgrade a free mech. :D

You should read Sarna.net. It's very informative.

edit: Hmm... Sarna doesn't say whether the 9S has single or double. Interedasting.

Edited by Heffay, 21 April 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#430 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

I did it. Just back from my Easter trip and played a few games and achieved luckily 5 victories very fast!

Thanks for this PGI.

#431 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Just played 5 games, got 5 victories :) nice one!

#432 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 April 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

I know about twisting, bro. And despite how much I do the twist, my CT seems to take more hits than other body parts. The sides take a lot of hits too, but not quite as much as the CT. In situations where it's a ggclose and there are at least 2 lances converging on me...yeah that STD engine isn't gonna do me much good. Might as well squeeze in more firepower to help kill things before the steamroll takes full effect.

/shrug

I've played in enough matches where I'm like ~30% "health" left and still weapons operational (and I never seem to get the 20% health achievement). I dunno. Maybe I'm just brawling harder or something.

View PostAloha, on 21 April 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not to be too cynical, but did anyone else noticed that both the free Cent and the 9S have already been upgraded with double heat sinks? I guess even PGI will admit that Single HS are not usable and didn't want any complaints that people will need to spend c-bill to upgrade a free mech. :)

Cent Champion was already known to be DHS added. Stock 9S is DHS based.

It's woefully acknowledged that DHS is the 1.5m C-bill tax, but there are still some minority that still believe that SHS is viable... and at this point it's a lost cause.

#433 IM Kilroy

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

will this just show up in my mech bay because I met the challenge and I haven't seen it, I followed the ad like it states to redeem, but there is no click or anything to redeem, does this still take care of itself?

#434 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

I'm so glad to see that PGI are realizing that its core fan base are not cash cows and rewarding them with freebies is a great excuse to play the game more. Rewarding themselves with a more content customer and perhaps reaping a few more MC purchases as a result..

Good move PGI, between free mech and mech bays, achievements with c-bill and XP boosters your finally beginning to shrink the commercialized mechwarrior view in my eyes.

Keep it up!

Not sure how good the 9S is, could do with a bit of tweaking (flamers and machine guns?) but i'll more than likely be pillaging it for components for my 'primary' mechs and it'll get the leftovers until i decide whether i like it or not before possibly selling it to buy another chassis that may need leveling up. So either way a Win win situation, Thanks.

This seems like a good compromising build, enough long range punch and fairly rapid fire short range punch
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5b214988c602b13

Zombie brawler?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16690b0b0da6312

Assualt support mech?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...31607389848643e

Edited by mad kat, 22 April 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#435 Ceneakor

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Darn I missed the challenge ... oh well

#436 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPasadena, California

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Won my last of the 5 matches, opened browser, still at 4/5. 10 minutes left before deadline, remains at 80% until deadline and after, no mech. (support ticket sent)

#437 Dante Haguel

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

i did the challenge, but it seem i didn t get the mech ! :/

#438 Slaideri

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, I completed the challenge yesterday and still no mech.

#439 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostDante Haguel, on 22 April 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

i did the challenge, but it seem i didn t get the mech ! :/

View PostSlaideri, on 22 April 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Yeah, I completed the challenge yesterday and still no mech.

Get ahold of support

#440 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Yesterday I won my 5 matches ( took about 2 hours 6:30 to 8:30 ) and had to put my bird in his cage and make some dinner so I logged off after the 5. Logged back in around 11:30pm and nothing. Logged out. Looked at the website under my profile and it says 5 wins. So I log back in and it updated me with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users