Public Test For Launch Module April 24Th!

165 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Come test the Launch Module!

When?
The test will take place on Thursday, April 24th, 2014, from 12:00pm to 10:00pm PDT (3:00pm to 1:00am EDT)
[background=transparent;]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]Who? [/font]
[background=transparent;]Players who have registered to MWO before 10:00am PDT (1:00pm EDT) on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 will be eligible to participate in the Public Test. [/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]What?[/font]
[background=transparent;]Players taking part in the test will be asked to provide us their qualitative and personal experience on the Launch Module with: [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Wait times (this will automatically be longer due to smaller population on test servers) [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Weight Class restrictions (3 of each weight class) [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Successful 12 vs 12 matches (did everyone get in ? did every one finish the match?) [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Perceived fairness[/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]We will be gathering telemetry on all this data, though your feedback posts and bug reports will still be greatly appreciated. [/font][background=transparent;]Public matches and Private matches are both available, however we are specifically keen to see testing in the public queue. [/font][background=transparent;]With that in mind we are offering an incentive to participants: Play 5 Public matches on Public test and earn 1 day Premium Time on your Live account. This free Premium Time will allow you to try out the premium Private match options when the launch Module is available on live. [/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]Where?[/font]
[background=transparent;]This test will take place exclusively on our Public Test Server, which requires a separate installation of MWO. [/font][background=transparent;]Please download the Public Test installer. (Link is at the bottom of this post)[/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]Why?[/font]
[background=transparent;]In preparation for the new Launch module, we are looking to gather additional telemetry on the new Public matchmaking logic. This will also give us an opportunity to find bugs, as well as gather feedback on how we can further improve the module in the future. [/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]How? [/font]
[background=transparent;]Download and Install the Public Test version! On the scheduled date and time, boot up the Public Test version and login as you would on your normal account. [/font][background=transparent;]Players participating in the Public Test are asked to focus their attention on dropping in the public queue: [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Play solo [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Play in groups [/font]
[background=transparent;]• Play with various classes [/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]Your Public Test account will be based on a snapshot of your Live account taken at 10:00AM PDT on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014. Any changes made to your account after this time will not be reflected in the Public Test. Likewise, any changes made to your account within the Public Test version will NOT be reflected in the Live version. [/font]
[/font]
[background=transparent;]Don't forget to complete 5 Public Matches during the Test to receive your free day of Premium Time! [/font]
[/font]
The installer is available here: http://patcher.mwome...neInstaller.exe
Please fill out the Bug Report form thread for any issues discovered: http://mwomercs.com/...est-new-issues/
Please leave us your Qualitative Analysis and Feedback in the following threads: http://mwomercs.com/...27-public-test/

#2 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Any known issues we should know about? Usually the test forum section has a list of known issues, so we don't report known bugs.

#3 BlackJack69

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • Locationsc

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hmm, looks cool, but what this new launch module wll improve exactly?

#4 Androas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostBlackJack69, on 23 April 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hmm, looks cool, but what this new launch module wll improve exactly?

Check by and see for yourself?

Good news, i will have a look i guess :unsure:

#5 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 April 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

When?
The test will take place on Thursday, April 24th, 2014, from 12:00pm to 6:00pm PDT (3:00pm to 9:00pm EDT)

:unsure:

I understand that you guys want to monitor these public tests live during your normal business hours, but it would be nice if you left the PTS open longer for those that have to work during the day but still want to test the Launch Module so as to be able to offer constructive feedback.

Even if you extended the hours until 7 pm PDT / 10 pm EDT that would give many of us with jobs the opportunity to at least test it for an hour or two....though leaving the PTS open for 24-hours or more would be ideal.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

The files for the PTS need to be updated. Right now, the files residing are of the PREVIOUS public test.

I have not gotten a response from the PGI dev (Krist Smith) the last time the tool was updated:
http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe

If you load that version of the MWO Repair Tool with the parameter "public test" (w/o the quotes), it will check the Public Test install instead of the regular MWO install (by default, it checks the regular MWO install just fine).

A quick way of getting the parameter added is to create a shortcut and edit it. In the Target section of the link by adding a space and then "publictest" (w/o the quotes) so the end part looks like:
MWORepairTool.exe publictest

I would hope PGI update its manifest properly for the PTS as it would for its regular stuff.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#7 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

cool, will give it a go tomorrow....

#8 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

ATTENTION ALL STEINERS!
you only have 1 week left to drop as a complete steiner scout lance!
Make haste, to your Atlas, Banshee, and other various scout mechs while you still can. Time is running out.

#9 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Glad to see more public testing taking place, sadly I am always stuck at work during these times... so, you Public Testers... better do your part and help the Devs because if you don't... you hurt the MWO Community as a whole :unsure:

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 April 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

I would hope PGI update its manifest properly for the PTS as it would for its regular stuff.

They only do that the same day of the public test. The announcement is early to get attention however I imagine there's some stuff they have to do before it's even ready to 'update'. (It's new UI code, at most it's gonna be is 150 megabytes and even that's pretty unlikely. Only reason for it to be any bigger might be a preview of some new mech.)

#11 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'll be at work! All I can say to the participants is: "Happy Bug Hunting and enjoy the Launch Module!"

Hopefully there won't be too many issues and the people will enjoy it!

#12 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 April 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

They only do that the same day of the public test. The announcement is early to get attention however I imagine there's some stuff they have to do before it's even ready to 'update'. (It's new UI code, at most it's gonna be is 150 megabytes and even that's pretty unlikely. Only reason for it to be any bigger might be a preview of some new mech.)

I'm sure they do, but it was a problem in the previous PTS session because it kept flagging a certain number of files as "bad" even though they were fine. The manifest update was incomplete for use of the MWO Repair Tool - PTS Edition.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 April 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#13 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 23 April 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

ATTENTION ALL STEINERS!
you only have 1 week left to drop as a complete steiner scout lance!
Make haste, to your Atlas, Banshee, and other various scout mechs while you still can. Time is running out.

Also to all "Elite" corps that are doing quad meta! say bye bye to that :unsure:)

#14 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

Once again, people who have things they cannot get out of on Thursdays are shafted.

***HEY PGI***

1. SCHEDULE SOME PUBLIC TESTS ON DIFFERENT DAYS.
2. START THE PUBLIC TESTS EARLIER IN THE DAY (SAY, 6:00 AM) IF THE ONLY DAY YOU CAN DO IT IS THURSDAY.

This Thursday-afternoon-only crapola is pissing me off.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 23 April 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#15 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

I'm on break from work because of Easter, so this will be the very first test able to participate in thanks to being in AU. Looking forward to it.

#16 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

This is great news, will give it a go.

#17 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

I am sure, one or two player from the little peninsula named Europa, could help you too... If my calculations are not too wrong, it happens there between 21:00-03:00, so in the best game-time...

But I know, you never heard from other timezones, except PDT/EDT... I am right?

( Because, then you would use them sometimes. )

#18 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Very smart move on your part, PGI. I will most certainly try to partake in this test myself.

However, I pray to the lord that there will be enough people to partake in this test as well, so that we could get better chances at getting matches done, first & foremost. Also, I certainly do hope that you guys will be listening to our feedback very carefully.

#19 Elric Tchernovkov

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOdins' Eye

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

When will the patch be out for PTS? Would like to download before it happens. Missed last Public Test because the patch took too long to download.

#20 Mechwarrior807015

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 84 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Time Zone Converter

http://www.timeandda.../converter.html

Edited by 00BloodAsp00, 23 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users