181 replies to this topic

#81 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostAdridos, on 22 June 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Ok, so you're teh guy who thought of it, Mittani must be Lenin, but who of you represents teh Stalin? :blink:

Please stop posting in our thread.

#82 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostReverend, on 22 June 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Please stop posting in our thread.

Ok, I'll stop answering goons, but this is not your thread, so if anyone non-goon asks, I can answer.

I hope the agreement goes both ways, since this is a neutral ground and respecting it only helps both sides.

#83 Magnificent Fartlord

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationYEAH SUP

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostAdridos, on 22 June 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

#84 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostWind Tempest, on 22 June 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

You mean refined in how the Katana was designed to combat unarmored foes and doesn't actually do well against armor? I prefer the Chinese Jian myself(It can do everything a Katana does without being vulnerable to breaking during a fight) in aesthetics, but to each their own. Can I also call the shotgun as a civilized weapon for a more civilized age?

Slugs or birdshot?

#85 Scabrous

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

This is ******* well what happens with sword chat *********.

Swords are ******* swords, metal things with edges and the shape dictates its purpose some ******* youtube video isn't gonna change the fact that basically every sword wielding society uses similar weapons for similar things: sabres, katanas, scimitars are all designed for mostly unarmoured targets because the curve gives you a better sweep and more cutting power. This is the same damn reason that saumurai on the battlefield fighting against other samurai on the battlefield used Yari, bows, and lances and for the most part swords were a peasants weapon on the battlefield because you use unarmored peasants vs other unarmored peasants.

All the fancy ******* art that went into the sport fighting among samurai basically trying to one up one another off the field of battle (and frankly Miyamoto Mushashi beating down a bro with a paddle is as close to peak oneupmanship as you can get) doesn't change that. Hell, the design of the katana pretty much ensures all of those techniques were ~bushido as ****~ accept your death to kill your target **** because if you didn't hit them the first time the blade wasn't designed for a backhand or anything else but for cutting down peasants from horseback.

Likewise european societies when confronted with armored targets developed crossbows, halberds, lances, and longbows and when two men who were wearing armour and had swords beat the **** out of one another it was an odd and extraordinary thing and mostly ended up with them wrestling in the mud trying to stick daggers through their eyeslits.

#86 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostScabrous, on 22 June 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

This is ******* well what happens with sword chat *********.

Swords are ******* swords, metal things with edges and the shape dictates its purpose some ******* youtube video isn't gonna change the fact that basically every sword wielding society uses similar weapons for similar things: sabres, katanas, scimitars are all designed for mostly unarmoured targets because the curve gives you a better sweep and more cutting power. This is the same damn reason that saumurai on the battlefield fighting against other samurai on the battlefield used Yari, bows, and lances and for the most part swords were a peasants weapon on the battlefield because you use unarmored peasants vs other unarmored peasants.

All the fancy ******* art that went into the sport fighting among samurai basically trying to one up one another off the field of battle (and frankly Miyamoto Mushashi beating down a bro with a paddle is as close to peak oneupmanship as you can get) doesn't change that. Hell, the design of the katana pretty much ensures all of those techniques were ~bushido as ****~ accept your death to kill your target **** because if you didn't hit them the first time the blade wasn't designed for a backhand or anything else but for cutting down peasants from horseback.

Likewise european societies when confronted with armored targets developed crossbows, halberds, lances, and longbows and when two men who were wearing armour and had swords beat the **** out of one another it was an odd and extraordinary thing and mostly ended up with them wrestling in the mud trying to stick daggers through their eyeslits.

wat

#87 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostLord Zarth Mast, on 19 June 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

I just hope they include the vulture and the madcat to the mech line up.

Certainly they will.*

(Please wait at least 1-2 years for delivery.)

#88 Scabrous

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

View Postfil5000, on 22 June 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

wat

I'm just giving an absolutely intolerable amount of ***** and it makes me rage so hard.

#89 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostScabrous, on 22 June 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

I'm just giving an absolutely intolerable amount of ***** and it makes me rage so hard.

It's ok man, internet space swords are serious robots. I think.

#90 Scabrous

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Postfil5000, on 22 June 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's ok man, internet space swords are serious robots. I think.

#91 Amberlance

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ferocious swordposting ITT.

#92 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostAmberlance, on 22 June 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ferocious swordposting ITT.

It's like someone took a little bit of /tg/ and put it right here.

#93 Magnificent Fartlord

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationYEAH SUP

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Yes but that's no indicator of how a longsword vs katana would perform against 'mech armor

#94 Scabrous

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostMagnificent Fartlord, on 22 June 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yes but that's no indicator of how a longsword vs katana would perform against 'mech armor

Moral is to material as ten to one. So obviously really well right.

#95 Camembert

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Just don't get into an unarmored duel with a three foot Katana against a four foot Longsword. ER weapons suck to deal with.

#96 Scabrous

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostCamembert, on 22 June 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Just don't get into an unarmored duel with a three foot Katana against a four foot Longsword. ER weapons suck to deal with.

Clanner longsword, twice the range half the heat.

#97 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostHowling Mad Murdock, on 21 June 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

There are still many players within House Liao who have no affiliation with The Mittani or House of Lowtax so if you still like the idea of House Liao as a Faction then you can always team up with them :)

What? Since when?
lol

View PostAdridos, on 22 June 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

Ok, I'll stop answering goons, but this is not your thread, so if anyone non-goon asks, I can answer.

I hope the agreement goes both ways, since this is a neutral ground and respecting it only helps both sides.

ya technically it was my thread and Im cool with him posting in it :)

Edited by 514yer, 22 June 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#98 Lynxx

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostAeolian Advocate, on 20 June 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

cos there's free education and healthcare, where else can u get this [..]

In Cuba =D

Edited by Lynxx, 22 June 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#99 marcus elgin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

I think Scabrous is forgetting the glory and elegance of Nippon make any weapon they used superior to the dirty gaijin. (I'm not a sword guy, but isn't the technical marvel of the katana that they managed to make ****** metal reserves barely usable in a sword?)

Also, yeah The Mittani is House Liao is House of Lowtax is Heir to the Inner Sphere. Deal with it.

#100 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postmarcus elgin, on 22 June 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I think Scabrous is forgetting the glory and elegance of Nippon make any weapon they used superior to the dirty gaijin. (I'm not a sword guy, but isn't the technical marvel of the katana that they managed to make ****** metal reserves barely usable in a sword?)

Also, yeah The Mittani is House Liao is House of Lowtax is Heir to the Inner Sphere. Deal with it.

Why are all the mittens threads going byebye?

Edited by 514yer, 22 June 2012 - 02:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users