Snow Raven Chatterweb

395 replies to this topic

#301 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

What exactly is the one problem you see and also when you say take the name of CSR, are you meaning you plan on being the only one with the ability to call yourselves Clan Snow Raven? If so from my understanding that is not how things will work.

Edited by RkAngel Crow, 24 July 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#302 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

I find it always amusing how everyone seems to think that his Clan has been the only and original one...
I could claim the same, we were CSR NBT more than 10 years ago, I was the Loremaster and a GalCom, which would make me a highranking and founding officer of that clan as well just in NBT... hmmm,.... so now we would be at the point of:
my league used to be more important than yours !!! ...AND that is definately behaviour for childs, and I forbid my son to behave like that all the time.
When our Clan entered the NBT more than 10 years ago, we used to be Clan Wolf in all of the other leagues we played in. In NBT Clan Wolf was already given to another unit, so we adapted, became CSR and conquered Terra.

From how I see it, CSR is claimed by a unit, and now some other unit shows up and says: Hey, but back in the days when our league was famous, we were the original CSRs and we want that name here too. That sounds a bit rediculous, quiaff? Only way you could force that on a clanner would be by trial of possession.

Edited by Noakei Siegel, 25 July 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#303 Direalien

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

I was nothing before and never had anything, but you best be believing i will have my blood name and leading something at some point.

Also on that note why dont we all sit down at some point and try to work it out to where we have a REALLY big CSR that would make us feared beyond belief. I think we can have two factions or one where we trial to get someone on top. If i am going to work for a merc unit for now i want the clan experience later. And that means we will have to impose the experience on ourselves. Also that might mean some of the old timers might have to make way, God knows i plan to work out my own niche. While doing it for the glory of the Unit. Hell i am doing that right now in real life LOL.

#304 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

The Devs have repeatedly stated that canon faction names are off limits and IMO it should stay that way. It will be possible for faction players to be granted a tag as part as a famous unit from their faction as a reward and it is likely that something similar could be implemented for merc units. At this time CSR still has five galaxies (as far as remember, not looking it up) so there is plenty of room for several units to be affiliated with CSR. I think the ideal route would to allow player units assume the identity of sub-units within a faction so we could be a cannon or an entirely new binary, trinary, cluster or galaxy depending on the units size.

I agree with Direalien, if they did allow a player unit to claim control of CSR there is no reason we cannot have two merc units working within that each supplying a Khan/saKhan to guide the clan while we conduct our actual battles ourselves as would seperat galaxies.

The more Ravens the better.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 27 July 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#305 Elsydeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Was not in any of the multiplayer things myself, being I played World of Warcraft and Guild Wars mostly back in the day, but would love to get in since the Snow Ravens are by far my favorite Clan, just worried about the whole new guy in an established group of people I do not know thing.

Since they do not want us to use canon faction names, the logical choice would be something like the "The Black Wing" or something similar.

Edited by Elsydeon, 28 July 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#306 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi Elsydeon,

Played WoW myself, along with a couple other of our members. My son loves Guild Wars and is impatiently waiting for Guild Wars 2 to be available for him to purchase...lol. If you would like to join up with Spectre's Ravens you are more than welcome to do so, just send me a private message and I will help you get set up. As far as being the new guy...we were all the new guy once. :rolleyes: We have a few new people in our unit, along with some members that have known each other for the past 10 years or so. I am sure you will fit in perfectly if you so wish to join up. Just let me know.

Edited by RkAngel Crow, 28 July 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#307 Elsydeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

I played Guild Wars too, was a Mesmer named Rianna Heartbane. I was famed for my "Smith" build (someone mistyped smite, and it stuck, but it was based on using Mantra of Inscriptions to speed up offensive signet spells, since they are not actually spells) and a vocabulary that would put sailors to shame, lol

#308 Direalien

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Elsydeon, I am one of the new recruits, you will fit right in i think LOL, Right now i think there is going to be alot of new ties made, old friends and new all forming up. One of the reasons i signed up here. (and i got a new sexxy sig)

#309 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Welcome aboard Elsydeon!!! B)

#310 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Has anyone created our group name now that all the founders are in the beta? I can't find anyone

#311 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have been a Snow Raven for nearly 13 years now. Grand Council was around long before NBT, and I am not about to come onto this board and start complaining about how I think I should run anything.

Let us crack this down to the bare minimum eh? Maybe we should solve this the old Clansman way. That is how I got my bloodname, and that is how I got promoted to Khan. B) I say if everyone wants a place we should do things by tradition. Not by whose seniority is longer, or whose got the bigger "piece". Let us behave like Clansmen here, quiaff? After all, that is what we are really arguing about right? Personally, we should all be part of the same team. And it is not even relevant right now, seeing as to how there are no Clans yet. :)

#312 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

<S> trothkin,

NBT SR is definately hitting the servers, got in touch with most of our old bunch and they are locked and loaded.

Edited by Noakei Siegel, 31 July 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#313 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Wow, when you think the Snow Raven's are an underpopulated clan, suddenly murders and murders of them come out of nowhere and start squawkin'.

#314 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Well, NBT - CSR could bid 1 Cluster (1 Binary and 1 Trinary), when all of my old trothkin stay with the game...

#315 Wolfclaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,510 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostRkAngel Crow, on 24 July 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

What exactly is the one problem you see and also when you say take the name of CSR, are you meaning you plan on being the only one with the ability to call yourselves Clan Snow Raven? If so from my understanding that is not how things will work.

From what I've learned from Russ is that if there is a confrontation of wanting the same Named clan, it will be settled on the Battlefield. It is not just who gets the name first.

All I am saying is that BBK wants the name as well and will be ready to fight for it. I dont mean any disrespect to you guys, but it will be settled on the battlefield if needed. Should it come down to it and you guys win, we will respectfully withdraw and no hard feelings will come from us. The fairest way to do it is settle it on the battlefield.

#316 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostWolfclaw, on 31 July 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

From what I've learned from Russ is that if there is a confrontation of wanting the same Named clan, it will be settled on the Battlefield. It is not just who gets the name first.

All I am saying is that BBK wants the name as well and will be ready to fight for it. I dont mean any disrespect to you guys, but it will be settled on the battlefield if needed. Should it come down to it and you guys win, we will respectfully withdraw and no hard feelings will come from us. The fairest way to do it is settle it on the battlefield.

Hear hear

EDIT: *looks down a post* Well... it appears **** just got real.

Edited by Enig, 31 July 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#317 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Well bargained and done.

#318 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Seems ridiculous to me. Let's all take the name as separate galaxies. Fight over who gets which galaxy.

#319 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostRavn, on 31 July 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Seems ridiculous to me. Let's all take the name as separate galaxies. Fight over who gets which galaxy.

Are you declining the Trial of Possession?

ಠ_ಠ

Edited by Enig, 31 July 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#320 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

If we are getting real, can I challenge each of you to a Trial of Possession to merge all of you into one Clan? :)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users