• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Aye. We actually use the island on Crimson, actually. Heat neutral, so favors no one, and a natural fighting platform.

#122 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 10 June 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Well said on the quad UAC5 issue. I take it you guys pick an open grid for the circle, quiaff? I recall from the books that some circles were drawn around large areas, so terrain could be taken advantage of. However, if the circle is forced to an smaller, open, area the restriction makes sense.

Most times, Aff. We in CGB have been experimenting with larger CoE for trials. The few zellbrigen trials we have had since private matches started with star v star or similar gave been full map. Zellbrigen is first sight, you do not alpha on first shot, until we can figure out another method.

The Grand Council decided that zellbrigen rules are: No consumables, no alpha on first 'tag' shot. Otherwise the finer rules are declared during batchall.

#123 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

We experimented with map wide COE, as well, Coffi.  Problem.is, the Nova Cat is a patient hunter, and we ended up spending 15 minutes out of 20 waiting in ambush for one another. XD

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 10 June 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#124 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 June 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Aye. We actually use the island on Crimson, actually. Heat neutral, so favors no one, and a natural fighting platform.

That is a good location choice. Big enough to move a bit, has self drawn boundries if water is the edge, and the neutral heat you mention. I concede to restrictions in that situation. With exception to streaks ^_^

View PostCoffiNail, on 10 June 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Most times, Aff. We in CGB have been experimenting with larger CoE for trials. The few zellbrigen trials we have had since private matches started with star v star or similar gave been full map. Zellbrigen is first sight, you do not alpha on first shot, until we can figure out another method.

The Grand Council decided that zellbrigen rules are: No consumables, no alpha on first 'tag' shot. Otherwise the finer rules are declared during batchall.

Wait, there is a Grand Council between the clan groups in this game? Nice, or am I reading into that too much.

I like the zellbrigen "tag" rule. Announces who your opponent is, gives them time to realize it and then face you.

#125 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Aff, we have a grand council. Pretty sure most of us forgot to attend the last meeting, but it is held last Sat of every month, if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 10 June 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#126 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 10 June 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

I hope we will try something similar. Indeed, i would like to have at least a standard set of rules (say level 1,2,3,4..) to ease the bidding procedure ^_^

#127 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Yes. It kind of went in to hibernation, considering I have been busy with real life, lol... Even though there are other outgoing personalities that could help keep the flow ^_^
There are maybe a dozen and a half units with representatives. It is the foundation that is started. I should get an event rolling. Need to keep my Clan launch week busy. I booked it off. I have been waiting for this day since October 31st, 2011.

#128 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Glad I am not the only one using up a weeks worth of vacation time for a video game lol

#129 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostDemoncard, on 10 June 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

How many cbills is he paying you?

None, but if you watch the video and understand what I am trying to achieve, you will understand why I think so highly of it. Saves me a ton of time otherwise spent making my own version.

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 June 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Moreover, the problem is that afaik pretty much every Clan player will fight duels in a very small circle of equals and at a very short range. If the combatants agree to use the whole map as CoE than a 2xAC/20 could be defeated by superior tactics and use of terrain , same for the streaks. LRMs could be used (not too many anyway, and cover should be allowed as long as its use does not become cowardice). After all, LRMs are often used in Trials. Ok, they supposedly have no minimum range and as such are brawling weapons too..

Why do you guys limit the ring to such a small area? You could at least pick a 4x4 area on any map to give ranged builds a chance.

On top of that, do you not use the hunter/hunted rules of the trial? Where the hunter picks the method (enhanced or not, but that could be translated into choosing the weight class used) and the hunted picks the map/area/grids?

I would love to do a trial of position, btw... Just I'm not a Clanner, per se - I won't be leaving my unit, lol. Do you do honorary positions? ^_^

#130 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

There is no doubt, Cimarb, has the spirit of warrior.

#131 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Updated main post with new Module and Warhorn information, under the additional information section. See official post here: http://mwomercs.com/...tails-released/

#132 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

If omni-pods are getting their own quirks, like reduced heat generation, can we finally give the Awesome the ability to fire 3 PPCs at once without ghost heat? And better armor for the Hunchback's hunch?

#133 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostPale Jackal, on 10 June 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

If omni-pods are getting their own quirks, like reduced heat generation, can we finally give the Awesome the ability to fire 3 PPCs at once without ghost heat? And better armor for the Hunchback's hunch?

I would not be surprised if PGI adjusts perks for IS mechs eventually. They have been hinting at it for a while, seems the clans are a good excuse to be a test bed for a lot of ideas with little repercussions. They are expected to be "OP" and by nature, with the attempt to balance them, will require adjustments. Anything that works will likely bleed over to the IS, such as quirks.

I doubt, however, they will ever adjust the maximum amount of armour the hunchback's hunch can have. Pretty sure that is going to be one of those things they do not want to change from the TT. Opens up too much additional adjusting and balancing across the board and they already have way too much on their plate.

#134 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 10 June 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I doubt, however, they will ever adjust the maximum amount of armour the hunchback's hunch can have. Pretty sure that is going to be one of those things they do not want to change from the TT. Opens up too much additional adjusting and balancing across the board and they already have way too much on their plate.

They have already hinted that they are looking at "tank" type quirks, giving some mechs more armor for their armor, and heat-based quirks, allowing mechs like the Awesome to have less penalty when using energy weapons.

Having some of these quirks work mech wide makes sense, but having them work only on certain components would make even more sense. For instance, give the Hunchie's hunch a tanky bonus, but not the rest of it, or only giving the Awesome the heat reduction on weapons in the side torsos.

#135 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

I am not going to update the main post with this, as I was not able to see the supposed post PGI put up, before it was removed. However, here it is for thought:

Note: It was posted by El Bandito here I did not want to quote it in case it ended up deleted so I copy/pasted. This is the link for the supposed original post: http://mwomercs.com/...791-weaponsxml/

Edit: El Bandito's post appears to have been removed. Take that how you like.

Here is the amount you can pack before GH kicks in.

Clan AC20--1 (weapon will be removed after PGI figures out alternate ammunition swap of LBX20)

Clan UAC20--1

Clan ER Medium Laser--6

Clan ER Large Laser--2

Clan Large Pulse Laser--2

Clan ERPPC--2

Clan LRM10/15/20--2

Clan SRM2--4

Clan SRM4/6--3

Clan SSRM2--4

ClanSSRM4--3

ClanSSRM6--4 (WTF?) It does have 7 second CD though.

As with IS, Clan Medium Pulse Lasers have no Ghost Heat. Time to save for that Nova.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 11 June 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#136 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 11 June 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

ClanSSRM6--4 (WTF?) It does have 7 second CD though.

7 seconds? Sounds promising for other balance potentialities....

#137 Masdwe

Rookie

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

It is great to see all of this info in one place. Really well put together!

#138 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

Public Test of Clan Mechs! Our questions will be answered tomorrow! http://mwomercs.com/...r-clan-content/

Now, to find a way out of work...

#139 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Ill leave this here. There might be some information in this. ;)

#140 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

View Postlastkhan, on 11 June 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

Ill leave this here. There might be some information in this. ;)

Oh you beautiful person, how did you find this?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users