• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'll show you mine...

KFX-Prime
Certainly I needed to try this right "C-Arm"-Omnipod. It's hilarious to use three(!!!) AMS. Don't forget the ammunition. ;)
Three medium pulse laser, ECM and three AMS are enough. It's a defensive light and that's new to me but I really like this little frog.

Spoiler

KFX-D
You can see that I have used the left arm of the KFX-S variant. I wanted to accumulate missile hardpoints. Additional to that I needed at least one energy hardpoint.
This is the weaponry: one medium pulse laser and three Streak-SRM6.
You have to try three SRM6 streaks! It's incredible if you take down an assault by yourself with that! This is deadly...

Spoiler

KFX-S
This variant ows stuff from all the other variants. Just the torsi are parts from this variant.
Right arm stems from the Prime-variant, left arm stems from the KFX-D.
Three MG's combined with lots of streaks (1x SSRM4, 2x SSRM6). Sounds mean and it is...

Spoiler

#42 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 20 June 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

I'll show you mine...

KFX-Prime
Certainly I needed to try this right "C-Arm"-Omnipod. It's hilarious to use three(!!!) AMS. Don't forget the ammunition. ;)
Three medium pulse laser, ECM and three AMS are enough. It's a defensive light and that's new to me but I really like this little frog.

Spoiler

KFX-D
You can see that I have used the left arm of the KFX-S variant. I wanted to accumulate missile hardpoints. Additional to that I needed at least one energy hardpoint.
This is the weaponry: one medium pulse laser and three Streak-SRM6.
You have to try three SRM6 streaks! It's incredible if you take down an assault by yourself with that! This is deadly...

Spoiler

KFX-S
This variant ows stuff from all the other variants. Just the torsi are parts from this variant.
Right arm stems from the Prime-variant, left arm stems from the KFX-D.
Three MG's combined with lots of streaks (1x SSRM4, 2x SSRM6). Sounds mean and it is...

Spoiler

How do you live without jumpjets? even one makes all the difference in maps such as canyons and caustic.

#43 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 20 June 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

How do you live without jumpjets? even one makes all the difference in maps such as canyons and caustic.

I love jumpjets but... I mastered lots of light mechs without them. I don't need them to survive. :)

#44 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

been having fun lately with my troll fox, 3 cERSL, 2 uac2 (3t ammo), ecm and 1 jump jet. (optionally a second jj and erppc instead of one ersl and one uac).

That, and the support sniper (ecm, 3ams, erppc, 2erml, 2mg, 2jj) is hard to go wrong with if played right.

#45 Skiddlywibble

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

After faffing around with a lot of builds, I run my prime like this:

PPC and ecm on the right arm;
SRM 4 and 6 on the left with artemis (2.5 tons of ammo);
a single JJ, wherever you want it.

I find that it's a good mix of striker, sniper and support, really handy for unpredictable public matches. The artemis is there to give you a bit more mid-range kick, though if you really want that 3AMS cheese you could go without it. The biggest problem with the build is that losing an arm means you lose a role, so if you're taking fire then you might have to make a snap decision about what you want to do for the rest of the match.

#46 vortmax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorman, OK

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Been playing around with various builds using ERPPC, ERLL, SRMs, LRMs, ERMLs, and combinations of AMS. This is the one that has performed the best for me, mainly in a support role as the Kit Fox is more of a force multiplier than a solo mech:

KFX-Prime (with C RA for ECM/2xAMS, S L&RT)

ERPPC is the main source of damage. 2xERML for heat-constrained close-range.

Often have games of 300+ damage and 8+ assists with competent teammates. Hard to get kills because I shadow my heavies/assaults (who get the kills) with ECM/AMS (thus keeping them alive).

Best match has been 512 damage with 12 assist (and Philanthropist achievement).

Edited by vortmax, 22 June 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#47 Errinovar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 19 June 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

Anyone seem to get real good damage numbers with lrm kitfoxes yet?

Best I've done so far (raw damage wise) is 640 dmg with 10 assists and 0 kills, second would be 498 dmg with 1 kill and 8 assists.
This is using kit fox with 2x clrm15, and 1 cerml.

#48 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

One of two clan robots that bring something new to the game.

#49 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 21 June 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

I love jumpjets but... I mastered lots of light mechs without them. I don't need them to survive. :)

Then you miss out the funniest jumpsniper in the game. Use the ECM pod with an ERPPC and the other one with 2SRM6 and you can do 34 damage with 15 chances for critical hits, add 2 MG and you have even more. With the ECM you can appear somwhere else where the enemy doesnt't expect you and do this again until he is down.

#50 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

my Kit Fox:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7cf79d25d4d0ab7
I after a bit of experimentation I settled on this build, I used this on all 3 variants, it works great as close support/bodyguard for a Dire Wolf in a premade (trade damage done for survivability and the knowledge that you were of great help to the Dire Wolf who got 1,000+ damage), or if pugging is capable of 3 kills and 450+ damage (I did that 3 games in a row).

for best results stick with your Assaults in the early part of the game, shooting your ERLLs at any enemy Mechs you see then when you see an unarmored component close and start ripping it up with the Machine Guns.

#51 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostArchSight, on 20 June 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e53afef9392388d

The CESSL build for the kit fox is good. It can leg a cicada at 1100 meters away in three alphas. It can't be seen at 890 meters away where it's erlarge lasers do the most damage. It has 33 points of damage that will punch through the cockpit of a mech no matter how much armor it had.

I like it so much I made a video of it.

This looks like a build I will enjoy.

#52 RushOutlaw

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

The Kitfox is slow and doesn't have great firepower, so i use it for it's strengths...

3 AMS with 5000 rounds or more.

ECM.

Lasers.

Protecting the assaults is what it does best and trust me, Direwolfs need LRM cover!!

#53 Vadafallon

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

This is the standard right? [smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...65581f371b37942[/smurfy]

#54 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostVadafallon, on 25 June 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

This is the standard right? [smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...65581f371b37942[/smurfy]

i would max the armor, (16/18 in the head) and run 2.5t ams ammo instead of a full 3 or possibly .5t of MG ammo instead of 1. i never really came close to depleting 3 tons with the AMS overload module. the ECM negates alot of the missles coming your way but as always, YMMV.

then theres the dilemma as to whether to put a laser in each arm so that if you loose the right, you arent weaponless.

Edited by Fuggles, 25 June 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#55 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

I'm playing my Kitfox Prime with ECM, 12 DHS, 3 JJ, 1 LPL, 2 MPL and max armor. I tried the 3 ERLL build but the burn time is too long and it sucks if you get cornered by lights.

#56 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

Aegis

My standard build for drops with my team. ECM/AMS shield for the big guys, 3ERML and 2MG for self defense and finishing off wounded mechs. I love me some PPCs (on any mech) but the triple lasers work better in the long run and I don't overheat. Twenty one points of damage, and you can sweep legs with it, unlike the ERPPC. The MGs simply gut any mech with open armor. If you don't see me before I get behind your mech, you'll only see me again on the deathcam.

Lots of ammo for AMS and MGs because yes, they really work, and yes, I stay with the guys who need the AMS shield. Happiness is watching an LRM 5 or 10 simply evaporate before it hits the target. Dual JJs because one isn't enough to hop up on some of the better perches in the game (and I'm expecting the upcoming JJ patch to change things for the worse). CAP for sensor range and faster TIG, and the Mk2 TC for same (plus extra range and chance to crit on lasers).

I don't put up big damage numbers like some builds, but my team wins - often - and that's why I drive a support mech. I drop this same build in PUGs, for the same reasons. I work harder to keep everyone covered by the ECM, and I type more in chat to communicate, but its good practice. As far as the ECM/AMS goes, its currently the only Clan mech that can fit ECM and a triple AMS array, so I do. If I want to boat lasers or missiles, or put up big damage, there are better mechs to do it with. Because of the omnipod technology, you can use this exact build on any of the three KF torsos, which is handy for leveling up the XP.

Edit: Because someone asked me, Aegis is pronounced 'EE-jis', and it means "the protection, backing, or support of a particular person or organization". In mythology, Aegis was the shield of Athena, carried by Perseus when he defeated Medusa. It seems an appropriate name for a mech who's purpose is to shield a group.

Edited by Pekiti, 26 June 2014 - 05:36 AM.

#57 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...37d36ecf5b9a134

#58 Roosterfish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

One thing I do on any Kit Fox build with MG's is put the ammo in the legs, that way if you lose a side you still can fire the one. I'm hardly ever legged in the Kit Fox so this works for me. I'm considering do a 1/2 ton in each leg just in case.

#59 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostTrevor Belmont, on 26 June 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

I'm playing my Kitfox Prime with ECM, 12 DHS, 3 JJ, 1 LPL, 2 MPL and max armor. I tried the 3 ERLL build but the burn time is too long and it sucks if you get cornered by lights.

The heat of the 3x cerll's isn't that bad when it's mastered but the alpha is only for shooting situations where there isn't enough time to keep track of the target and when there's a chance of shooting through the cockpit. In the other situation manuever to a vantage spot that catches the big mechs out in the open to shoot in groups. I avoid light mechs with good positions that make it difficult to come running to me by staying near the big group for help or flanking when they are fighting someone else. The Matchmaker right now has many heavier mechs dropping in my matches though which means I have less lights to worry about chasing me down and more big slow targets that are easy to pick apart. Watch the weight classes on the game luanching button if it could be a heavier drop deck. Truthfully, It's all about the chance of getting a headshot for the achievments which I'm getting more of each time i go for them. The mech excels in hiding in a spot unnoticed until it fires but all I needed was one shot to a mech that thought they were safe standing still. I've already been called a aim botter because of it. It takes a lot of situational awareness.

Edited by ArchSight, 27 June 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#60 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostArchSight, on 27 June 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

The heat of the 3x cerll's isn't that bad when it's mastered but the alpha is only for shooting situations where there isn't enough time to keep track of the target and when there's a chance of shooting through the cockpit. In the other situation manuever to a vantage spot that catches the big mechs out in the open to shoot in groups. I avoid light mechs with good positions that make it difficult to come running to me by staying near the big group for help or flanking when they are fighting someone else. The Matchmaker right now has many heavier mechs dropping in my matches though which means I have less lights to worry about chasing me down and more big slow targets that are easy to pick apart. Watch the weight classes on the game luanching button if it could be a heavier drop deck. Truthfully, It's all about the chance of getting a headshot for the achievments which I'm getting more of each time i go for them. The mech excels in hiding in a spot unnoticed until it fires but all I needed was one shot to a mech that thought they were safe standing still. I've already been called a aim botter because of it. It takes a lot of situational awareness.

Im starting to play with 3erll.

So you just alpha headshots?

Core from behind?

Vulture?

Is it more brawl or more snipe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users