#181 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hell yes. Anything that can be done to increase the skill level of the pugs. Because they need ALL the help they can get.

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

^This
I've been suggesting this for years now. It never seems to garner much support for some reason though

This right here would show an immediate improvement in the NPE
reduce roflstomps a bit more
improve retention
and, if i had to guess, improve profits from new players getting hooked instead of roflstomped and discouraged

New player joins:
Is put into Solaris Training Queue
Drops against only other new players still in training
Allow vetted players to join the queue in the same mechs to offer advice, help populate the queue, and ease the learning curve a bit. Give the vets a bonus earning while training the cadets or a cool forum badge and title in-game and maybe a special camo
cadets graduate and get their entire bonus all at one (they earn nothing until they graduate just like a real bootcamp, then they get a lump sum payment)
Now they have a little experience and knowledge before blowing all their money on a mech they wind up not enjoying a lot of times

#182 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Since 3/3/3/3 my win rate is a few game above 1.0 for the first time ever(sue me), my kdr gained some point too from 1.41 to 1.48.
I understand for some of you its not great, or even good. I play all the mech i own, close to 90 now. Last night i was grinding my Boarhead, my Jester and another pult that i refused to upgrade because i sold it as soon as basic was done, now i got a k2 in its mechbay and im gona do the same. I play solo exclusively now since my (only)friend stopped playing 4 months ago(he came back once to try the new MatchMaker).

Ive had more good games, real one, than all my play time before the new MM. i get stomped when i screwup, i stomp when they screw up but im having a lot more great game in between. And i see alot of puggers saying the same. Im convinced it's the elitist that ***** and they will have to learn to play pug, you dont expect your team to support your every action, you will learn to fill-in for your team, help them, not always wondering why they are not flying in formation at your shoulders. You can learn to play for fun or alternatively join a 12man premade, you will have terrible games in pugs and in premade, its just easier to go nuts about it in a pug.

^This
I've been suggesting this for years now. It never seems to garner much support for some reason though

improve retention
and, if i had to guess, improve profits from new players getting hooked instead of roflstomped and discouraged

New player joins:
Is put into Solaris Training Queue
Drops against only other new players still in training
Allow vetted players to join the queue in the same mechs to offer advice, help populate the queue, and ease the learning curve a bit. Give the vets a bonus earning while training the cadets or a cool forum badge and title in-game and maybe a special camo
cadets graduate and get their entire bonus all at one (they earn nothing until they graduate just like a real bootcamp, then they get a lump sum payment)
Now they have a little experience and knowledge before blowing all their money on a mech they wind up not enjoying a lot of times

Everyone who has played and decided to stick with this game knows that the new players needed to play together. Theres too much to learn, Its PGI that don't want that.

I tried to get a friend in the game, he lasted 2 weekend. Its hard as hell trying to filter what i should tell him now and what hes not ready to know now. You cant just blast him with everything youre thinking about when you spectate over him.

Edited by DAYLEET, 10 July 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#183 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 10 July 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

Everyone who has played and decided to stick with this game knows that the new players needed to play together. Theres too much to learn, Its PGI that don't want that.

that's how it would seem unfortunately

PGI gives great lip service to improving the game for new players (Hey that's exactly why 3pv was implemented according to Russ) yet they've made very little in the way of attempts to actually do anything about it.

#184 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 10 July 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

You would have had some great people on your team. Your relative balance of Elo is going to be similar - those other teams will have people as noob as you, or worse.

They could have 6 fantastic players and 6 noobs. (12 player total)

Where our team could have 3 fantastic player, 3 noobs and 6 average players. (12 player total)

Except,

Average player could be = Cadet or Trial user, because they START AT AVERAGE Elo and they are as bad as noobs, if not worse.

Overall,

6 Fantastic Players and 6 noobs VS 3 Fantastic players, 9 noobs (Those 6 average were actually noobs in disguise by the Elo system)

Edited by Karamarka, 10 July 2014 - 08:57 PM.

#185 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

that's how it would seem unfortunately

PGI gives great lip service to improving the game for new players (Hey that's exactly why 3pv was implemented according to Russ) yet they've made very little in the way of attempts to actually do anything about it.

When i joined, the forum where in uproar about the 3pv. i was comming from BF3 where i also hated that vehicle had 3pv i never used it there. I use 3pv all the time in MWO, esp at the start of a match where i can watch my mech in all his glory with the rest of the lance and when the yall have their own camo my eyes glitter.

edit>>> In conquest when i am capping i will also use 3pv because theres no other way to know when a stupidretarded arty is about to fall on your head. as far as im concerned arty is neither fun nor rewarding, id have it out of the game. i want to fight other robots not turn into a tournament of which team bought the most arty. i realy hate that ****. People maybe run away from me thinking what a noob, yeah run ill cover my own ass...

Edited by DAYLEET, 10 July 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#186 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

[When i joined, the forum where in uproar about the 3pv. i was comming from BF3 where i also hated that vehicle had 3pv i never used it there. I use 3pv all the time in MWO, esp at the start of a match where i can watch my mech in all his glory with the rest of the lance and when the yall have their own camo my eyes glitter.

edit>>> In conquest when i am capping i will also use 3pv because theres no other way to know when a stupidretarded arty is about to fall on your head. as far as im concerned arty is neither fun nor rewarding, id have it out of the game. i want to fight other robots not turn into a tournament of which team bought the most arty. i realy hate that ****. ]

What's funny about your post is 80% of past PC MechWarrior and Xbox MechAssault games were played in 3rdperson view not first person view and most MWO players don't even know this.

Also dayleet I don't think they have 3/3/3/3 in actual gameplay yet thats why I suggested make 3/3/3/3 just a new game mode type instead of making it standard in the pug/solo queue or the group queue for any type of balance solutions.

#187 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 10 July 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

Also dayleet I don't think they have 3/3/3/3 in actual gameplay yet thats why I suggested make 3/3/3/3 just a new game mode type instead of making it standard in the pug/solo queue or the group queue for any type of balance solutions.

The chassis are almost always balanced, once i noticed we had 2 lights and they had 1, im not talking about having 3 of each class, we definitely dont have that, i dont think i had it once but at least its not whos 350ton heavier.

Waiting time is very low for me, at any weight, they could be more strick on the 3/3/3/3. though i dont care about that as long as everyone has the same number of class.

Edited by DAYLEET, 10 July 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#188 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

[The chassis are almost always balanced, once i noticed we had 2 lights and they had 1, im not talking about having 3 of each class, we definitely dont have that, i dont think i had it once but at least its not whos 350ton heavier. ]

I personally have seen more mediums in the battles I have played I have not seen that many mediums in a battle since I started playing but I think your right they might be experimenting on chassis matching.

#189 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

^This

improve retention

It's not done for one specific reason:

a.) Field Fodder. Without the raw recruit, we (veteran players) end up feasting upon our own... This leads to stagnant and unproductive grinding pools where it's far more difficult to grind out a living. It's that simple...

#190 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

[It's not done for one specific reason:

a.) Field Fodder. Without the raw recruit, we (veteran players) end up feasting upon our own... This leads to stagnant and unproductive grinding pools where it's far more difficult to grind out a living. It's that simple... ]

Why do you think PC MechWarrior had leagues? and live chat? and lobby/launcher rooms? it was just to solve what you just posted.Nothing beats true boredom in a game than top level ladder competition or a huge planetary scheme.

Edited by PappySmurf, 10 July 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#191 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostDaZur, on 10 July 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

It's not done for one specific reason:

a.) Field Fodder. Without the raw recruit, we (veteran players) end up feasting upon our own... This leads to stagnant and unproductive grinding pools where it's far more difficult to grind out a living. It's that simple...

Uhh, who cares? I'd rather have good gameplay than stompy grind stompy.

Here is an album of total bull gameplay i've had.

http://imgur.com/a/DQiO2#0

It doesn't matter what i do as a player, i can come first everytime but my team still gets stomped into oblivion, or we stomp them into oblivion. GG 75% the matches it's literally playing "Training Mode" and shooting stationary mechs.

Edited by Karamarka, 10 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#192 Selous

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

As a founder, I have played a long time and have found that in 8-10 CST time (central North America), the games are close and people know how to play.

As soon as APAC people start to join and I see more Lao and Kurita folks, the games turn to stomps. They are not good team players and do what they want.

#193 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 10 July 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

Why do you think PC MechWarrior had leagues? and live chat? and lobby/launcher rooms? it was just to solve what you just posted.Nothing beats true boredom in a game than top level ladder competition or a huge planetary scheme.

I never said it was right or I agreed with the premise... That said, it's a sad reality of F2P games... The "paying" player base needs the fodder to sustain game-play and provide the requisite low hanging fruit to feed the economy.

View PostKaramarka, on 10 July 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Uhh, who cares? I'd rather have good gameplay than stompy grind stompy.

Here is an album of total bull gameplay i've had.

http://imgur.com/a/DQiO2#0

It doesn't matter what i do as a player, i can come first everytime but my team still gets stomped into oblivion, or we stomp them into oblivion. GG 75% the matches it's literally playing "Training Mode" and shooting stationary mechs.

Uhhh... because you are playing a F2P product and the "grind" is an integral mechanic of the product?

You're really not listening to the people who have tried apparently in vain to explain the reality that Elo is not the boogieman... I'm not going to waste my time explaining it again because you clearly have drank the boogieman Kool-Aid.

#194 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 10 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

At this point, the new boogie man is 12 mans in the group queue. And scared 2-4 mans cowering in fear having been birthed from the solo queue.

I look at it this way, if I did 800 damage, got a kill or two and a few assists to boot...I did my part and if my team lost...it really doesn't mean jack and crap anyway.

So true, we got the "boogie man" twice in a row running 12 man tonight. Other than better tactics and a hell of alot of arty was game as usual. We just did an amazing thing, re-readied up!

#195 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

View PostTynan, on 10 July 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

There's no easy solution to this problem, because this game punished being out of position / out in the open much more severely than most other games. Making tweaks to the ELO with the smallish population we have isn't going to make newbs get melted less quickly, because even the slightly-less-noobish melt people in the open very, very quickly.

But see you instantly blame noobish standing out in the open, it never has anything to do with it just being out skilled by an opponent with thousands of hours more experience in the game and hardware far advance right. its always that the noob is playing with his richard in plain sight of everyone.
I just cant understand people protecting a system and saying " its all good cause all the noobs are standing around asking to be shot by the 2k hour vets, the system is good the noobs suck", so what ever.
And as far as the comment about this being less unforgiving than other games, mate i dont know how many games you play but i can tell you there is many a game out there that are way less forgiving, dont try pretend there is any special skill needed here, in fact i find it just the oposite.
All i can say is that ive been playing this now 3 days and the new player experience is just welll fail.
take that any way you like.

Edited by N0MAD, 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#196 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

It would be nice if they could keep the balance of teams consistent.

However, tonight I was pugging and was pleasantly surprised at how close / consistent the matches were all night. It was probably just one of those lucky nights.

However it could also be that the solo queue really is a solo queue now ! What a thought. No 4 man meta teams built to troll the solo pug queue. Taking strong advantage of the lack of pug coordination and more varied and fun builds (non meta), to pad their stats against.

Crazy ideas right ?

#197 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostWarZ, on 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

However, tonight I was pugging and was pleasantly surprised at how close / consistent the matches were all night. It was probably just one of those lucky nights.

However it could also be that the solo queue really is a solo queue now ! What a thought. No 4 man meta teams built to troll the solo pug queue. Taking strong advantage of the lack of pug coordination and more varied and fun builds (non meta), to pad their stats against.

Crazy ideas right ?

Heh, Not saying they didn't exist. However, why would ppl make a 4 man group just to terrorize solos. I personally am fine that the solos are solo. However, I do think an option for those that want to join a group match have that choice.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 10 July 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#198 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostWarZ, on 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Crazy ideas right ?

How long you been playing bro?

#199 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

I play solo-Q in LoL. MWO MM is heaven in comparison. ;)

I am also the supporter of pug matches being solo-q only. Fits my Marik persona real well.

Edited by El Bandito, 10 July 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#200 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 10 July 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Heh, Not saying they didn't exist. However, why would ppl make a 4 man group just to terrorize solos. I personally am fine that the solos are solo. However, I do think an option for those that want to join a group match have that choice.

I've been around the block with quite a number of clans, groups, teams.

It is amazing just how many "good" players do just that. Most take the easy meat happily. They'll do it all night long too. Putting groups in the group queue keeps people more honest.

51 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users