#481 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

That's just it though, if PGI says it isn't an exploit, then it isn't an exploit

Still doesn't change the fact that it hurts new players experience and drives some off. You didn't even acknowledge that part of his post my friend.

It amazes me that people do not care that it drives off fresh players. All they focus on is PGI turns a blind eye to it, to hell with the ramifications.
/shrug

Edited by krash27, 27 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#482 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

If it's not an exploit I want to know that too - it would take me about an evening with a couple friends to collect the data I would need to sync pretty effectively. You could even skew your odds towards the maps you want.

#483 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 August 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

If it's not an exploit I want to know that too - it would take me about an evening with a couple friends to collect the data I would need to sync pretty effectively. You could even skew your odds towards the maps you want.

Ok now i'm interested, just how would you skew the odds for a map that you want? Because if you could do that nobody would be on Terra Therma. Well I would but I like to run cool builds anyway.

#484 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostQuackAttack, on 27 August 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Ok now i'm interested, just how would you skew the odds for a map that you want? Because if you could do that nobody would be on Terra Therma. Well I would but I like to run cool builds anyway.

Never use math skillz for evil. Never share dark sorcery on forums. PGI has already provided us with most of what we need to know to sync. You'd need some info from everyone, you'd need to see up in the right classes, then you do the secret sauce, then profit. More consistent sync, with good discipline could strongly skew map.

#485 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Ok, I think I found the secret sauce. Or is this the book of dark sorcery?
http://www.amazon.co...ds=secret+sauce

#486 Tsig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostQuackAttack, on 27 August 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Ok, I think I found the secret sauce. Or is this the book of dark sorcery?
http://www.amazon.co...ds=secret+sauce

There's a reason Mischief hasn't posted how to skew the maps in his favor...it's because he can't. No amount of math in the world would allow him to do that. As far as Sync Dropping is concerned, I don't much care since I never go into the Solo Queue. Even if I did, anybody that sync drops has the exact same chance of being on opposing teams as they do being on the same team.

#487 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Do not start down the dark path or forever will it dominate your destiny!

View PostTsig, on 27 August 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

There's a reason Mischief hasn't posted how to skew the maps in his favor...it's because he can't. No amount of math in the world would allow him to do that. As far as Sync Dropping is concerned, I don't much care since I never go into the Solo Queue. Even if I did, anybody that sync drops has the exact same chance of being on opposing teams as they do being on the same team.

K. It must be random magic, like Elo.

#488 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostTsig, on 27 August 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Actually, the 3/3/3/3 breakdown of teams makes it easier to game the system and ensure the matchmaker will put your guys onto the same team.

#489 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostRoland, on 27 August 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Actually, the 3/3/3/3 breakdown of teams makes it easier to game the system and ensure the matchmaker will put your guys onto the same team.

Sorta, but if more then one person chooses to play the same weight your almost never going to get together. Same as playing with 3 guys in the group queue. Matchmaker will take forever or fail if all three take heavy pretty often.

#490 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 26 August 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Same question, Why can't you guys do the same in the group queue with a bunch of 2-3mans?
In the case of the past event, it was to play together in the solo queue because the event won't count or wins in the group queue.

Outside of that, it's often for the random change to fight your teammates just as much as it is to drop with them. Honestly, I find it too much of a pain for that though. Private lobbies work better for that.

#491 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Whatever is causing it... sync dropping or just bad elo implementation or bad 3-3-3-3 weighting or dead hamsters in the MM... the matchups are systematically off and it is boring as hell to get on useless teams over and over and over again lately.

If the MM can't avoid being played then it needs to disable "features" all the way back to random teams if necessary afaic. Give us experience brackets instead of ELO and skip 3-3-3-3 biasing, should be reasonably safe shouldn't it?

#492 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 27 August 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

No they define exploit. Then they provide exceptions.

So its an allowed exploit, but its still an exploit. Such as 3rd party VOIP, and Macros. Specifically saying that its an exception to the rule, means it fits the rule.

no, just because YOU think it's an exploit doesn't make it so. If PGI defines it as an exploit, then it's an exploit. If they don't, then it's not. Your opinion on whether it should be or is an exploit is irrelevant in this case. You don't get to decide the rules, none of us do.

#493 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostDavers, on 23 August 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Dude I don't see synch dropping at all. I think you are paranoid.

I can confirm it's possible to drop solo into a 10 vs 12 man drop. meaning 10 people were in one unit and myself and another were solo making their 12 and the opposite team was all the same unit. It's easier to see it now thanks to units being created.

#494 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

View Postkrash27, on 27 August 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Still doesn't change the fact that it hurts new players experience and drives some off. You didn't even acknowledge that part of his post my friend.

It amazes me that people do not care that it drives off fresh players. All they focus on is PGI turns a blind eye to it, to hell with the ramifications.
/shrug

really?
how did this become a new player issue?
new players aren't playing in the same Elo brackets as the higher tier. I love it when people use the NPE to justify something. This has nothing to do with the NPE

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 27 August 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

I can confirm it's possible to drop solo into a 10 vs 12 man drop. meaning 10 people were in one unit and myself and another were solo making their 12 and the opposite team was all the same unit. It's easier to see it now thanks to units being created.

uhm no it's not. you can't drop solo into group queue. it's impossible

#495 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

really?
how did this become a new player issue?
new players aren't playing in the same Elo brackets as the higher tier. I love it when people use the NPE to justify something. This has nothing to do with the NPE

uhm no it's not. you can't drop solo into group queue. it's impossible

As far as I'm tracking they should be locked into a tier all by themselves. Also no its not impossible, someone should tell the match maker that since I've been solo all morning seeing 2 and 4 mans.

Also last night I was in a drop with 10 BWC members vs 4 SJR and 4 SwK.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 27 August 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#496 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 27 August 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

As far as I'm tracking they should be locked into a tier all by themselves. Also no its not impossible, someone should tell the match maker that since I've been solo all morning seeing 2 and 4 mans.

Also last night I was in a drop with 10 BWC members vs 4 SJR and 4 SwK.

It's
IMPOSSIBLE for a solo player to drop into the group queue. No amount of "I saw it because people were wearing the same tags" changes the fact that it is hard coded.

#497 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

It's
IMPOSSIBLE for a solo player to drop into the group queue. No amount of "I saw it because people were wearing the same tags" changes the fact that it is hard coded.

There is a possibility the code might be broken? Also I believe there was something about a recent addition of handicapping to the system. So unless you work for PGI and can 100% verify this to be 100% the case then game I'm playing placed me in group queue or 18 people are really really good at sync dropping.

#498 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

no, just because YOU think it's an exploit doesn't make it so. If PGI defines it as an exploit, then it's an exploit. If they don't, then it's not. Your opinion on whether it should be or is an exploit is irrelevant in this case. You don't get to decide the rules, none of us do.

And by nature, they stop/block/ban for things they call exploits.

#499 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

There is a possibility the code might be broken? Also I believe there was something about a recent addition of handicapping to the system. So unless you work for PGI and can 100% verify this to be 100% the case then game I'm playing placed me in group queue or 18 people are really really good at sync dropping.

smh

#500 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

If it happened then it is a glitch. No grouped players are supposed to be able to drop vs solo players. Even 2 man groups are out of the solo queue.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users