69 replies to this topic

#61 DevDeathRay

• Pip
  • Corporal
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 13 September 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Plenty of times I don't see any coordination/communication over the textlnes (I understand how difficult it may be at times to shout out commands while under fire) leaving me wondering/asking what the plan is and most times get responses of "don't die" "kill many" "stay grouped"

I ask for a plan at the beginning of every match. Any plan is better than no plan. I roll my eyes every time someone says "Kill the enemy" like I haven't heard it before. :rolleyes:

#62 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 26 August 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

Here's a common mistake in every map in Conquest: Capping points while a fight is going on.

Seriously people. Caps rarely matter in conquest. Kills first, caps a very distant second. Cap when you've already reduced the enemy to scrap and don't feel like chasing down that last spider.

Can't tell you how many times we have fought and pretty much destroyed them (all but one or two) while ignoring caps only to lose on points.

Bad strat.

#63 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 26 September 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Can't tell you how many times we have fought and pretty much destroyed them (all but one or two) while ignoring caps only to lose on points.

Bad strat.

On the bigger maps, it can be.

On the smaller maps...

I am well known for my preference for playing the game modes, but the smaller maps are not big enough for that last guy to hide effectively.
It can be done, but not reliably as it can on maps like TT or Alpine.

#64 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

On the bigger maps, it can be.

On the smaller maps...

I am well known for my preference for playing the game modes, but the smaller maps are not big enough for that last guy to hide effectively.
It can be done, but not reliably as it can on maps like TT or Alpine.

Twice in the last week I have taken to chat in conquest games to discuss getting some more caps when we are getting behind yet are way up on kills and been told "STFU and find the last one or two guys and kill them" only to narrowly lose on caps.

I hate players that refuse to play the game mode. For instance on Terra Therma when its assault why does everyone still converge on the PUG zapper?

#65 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 September 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Twice in the last week I have taken to chat in conquest games to discuss getting some more caps when we are getting behind yet are way up on kills and been told "STFU and find the last one or two guys and kill them" only to narrowly lose on caps.

Once you get down to 1-2 guys - definitely cap

If only for the earnings. <_<

As for the PuGzapper?
Because it is the fastest way to get to the enemy - rather like why teams tend to wind up fighting in the caldera of the other hot map.

#66 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 September 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Once you get down to 1-2 guys - definitely cap

If only for the earnings. <_<

As for the PuGzapper?
Because it is the fastest way to get to the enemy - rather like why teams tend to wind up fighting in the caldera of the other hot map.

The winningest quote was "if you're so worried about caps YOU get them" uhh, this is a large map (HPG Manifold) and I'm in a Dire Whale.

Twice I've convinced the team to skip the volcano and go all-in at the base for a cap on Terra Therma and it was a wild success both times. The first time it was like they stubbornly waited for us in the volcano still and only came out once it was far too late. The other time they just streamed out in a single file line and we easily focus fired them one at a time.

My biggest struggle other than Terra Therma and Mt Doom is Alpine. About 3/4s of the time I spawn on the lower 1/2 of the map and my pleas to not charge up the mountain and commit suicide nearly always fall upon deaf ears.

#67 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

My biggest struggle other than Terra Therma and Mt Doom is Alpine. About 3/4s of the time I spawn on the lower 1/2 of the map and my pleas to not charge up the mountain and commit suicide nearly always fall upon deaf ears.

I usually wind up on the other side, praying the other team doesn't NOT climb the hill. :lol:

#68 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 September 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

I usually wind up on the other side, praying the other team doesn't NOT climb the hill. :lol:

If I spawn on the upper 1/2 then I do my best to get everyone to F9/F10 and just fight a defensive fight. It nearly always works but sometimes you still get people who do the overeager thing and charge forward and lose the match (usually in the H9 area).

If I spawn the lower 1/2 I like to get everyone into the NW area of the map and then move east past the tower and push in from that direction.

#69 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 September 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

I hate players that refuse to play the game mode. For instance on Terra Therma when its assault why does everyone still converge on the PUG zapper?

So they can let me and my Ember solo their base's turrets in 20 seconds and start capping luxuriously.

#70 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostAstrocanis, on 26 September 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Bad strat.

Okay, my initial statement came out a little too strong against capping. Here is my full position, clarified.

Cap points only when:

-The match has just started.

-If you're on a map with relatively linear point positioning, such that each side has a "natural" point and capturing points doesn't spread your team out unnecessarily, go ahead and cap your first point and maybe the center point if your team is fast out of the gate. This means Frozen City, Forest Colony, River City, Crimson Strait, and the center points on Alpine

-On non-linear branching maps with points at roughly the same distance from each team's spawn, focus only on one point and avoid splitting up to cap two. The center point is usually the best candidate for a first cap. This includes Terra Therma and Canyon.

-You have the kill advantage, but the enemy has capture point advantage

-If you've got a 2:1 advantage in kills and the enemy's got you at a 3:1 or 4:1 cap advantage, then it is a good time to send some of your faster or more heavily-damaged units to neutralize the enemy points. There important thing is to stop enemy resource gain, not to acquire resources yourself, as it would be quicker to merely kill the enemy than to outcap them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users