- - - - -

On Piranha Games (Pgi) & Édition Jeux Infinis (Igp) - Feedback

370 replies to this topic

#101 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

this is some really good news. now all the horses can be in one stable. good on you.

#102 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostDracol, on 08 September 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Now that you cut ties from IGP, any chance could you explain what effect they had on the development of MW:O? The lack luster Clan hype and zero in game hub bub when they arrived comes to mind as a sacrifice to lay at the feet of IGP. 2 years ago when projected dates were being released then failed, was IGP the ones calling for set dates for certain features? How much say did they have on the actual game play of MW:O? Did they call for 3PV?

Very good questions I hope to answer much better in the town hall tonight. A text response here in chat will be insufficient. I certainly will not sit a point the finger but I think the announcement said it best in that it's hard to get two companies goals and desires accomplished without some inefficiencies. So were very excited to work at quicker pace.

#103 madmac451

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 39 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

ok ill give pgi another year of testing now that igp is gone with luck the game will get better oh yea pgi you want my money show me forward progress in the game

#104 Jacon Ceronia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUTAH

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

Sorry, not a dedicated web surfer-- can someone please tell me what forum tonight's town meeting will be held under?

#105 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 08 September 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

I knolw you're pretty new to the game, but they've fixed a lot.

They've broken a lot more than they've fixed over the years.

They have a long way to go, but there's a chance they can get to where they used to be. One less obstacle, at any rate.

#106 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View PostMizeur, on 08 September 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

So this means you're no longer under Quebec's rules for contests and don't have to skimp on prizes for weekend events anymore?

Yes and were hard at work discovering what rules we will need to abide by in BC.

#107 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

First bit of good news I've heard in a long time.
This does extend the credit line on some leeway...but just a little.

#108 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Ok, now this is awesome news and the recent efforts show how much IGP was holding you back from your potential.

You are still on the hook for CW though Russ, don't let us down. Don't stop, the future looks bright. I just hopes it's not a stackpole.

Edited by Jetfire, 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#109 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostJacon Ceronia, on 08 September 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Sorry, not a dedicated web surfer-- can someone please tell me what forum tonight's town meeting will be held under?

NGNG tv.

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#110 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Very good questions I hope to answer much better in the town hall tonight. A text response here in chat will be insufficient. I certainly will not sit a point the finger but I think the announcement said it best in that it's hard to get two companies goals and desires accomplished without some inefficiencies. So were very excited to work at quicker pace.

I hope there's going to be a Transcript made, I still have class at that hour.

#111 Colonel Cody

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston; MA

People should first get rid of the idea that MW:T is PGI. It isn't so forget it exists in regards to MW:O and it's development. PGI has nothing to do with MW:T. and to be honest, MW:T was crap. It stunk. I've played BT for 30 years, and been on here for over 18 months (since I bought my new computer that COULD play the game.). We were discussing the other night on the WBH private TS server, how we flet the recent changes where serious improvements.
Good Job Russ and PGI.
Congrats.
And I'm eager to see the developments of the future (new mechs, maps, game modes, modules, etc.) and patiently waiting for my CW.

Edited by Colonel Cody, 08 September 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#112 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Russ,
is it possible to post a brief summary of tonight townhall thingy?
Cos it is getting late 4 the euro crowd.

#113 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Wow, talk about time to sink or swim.

#114 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

I saw a little change earlier this year at how the game was proceeding, but if the last month is any indication, we are in for something.

#115 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

This can have the possibility to be a great thing... Even hear the old saying "too many chiefs and not enough Indians"? Well I have seen more small companies fail and fall flat on their faces because the involved parties could not agree...

That ball is now in your court PGI, lets see what you have...

#116 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

View PostIcould, on 08 September 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

This occurred in August, so PGI is the one that needs to fix it. When do you think they should fix it? After they send resources you paid for for MWO with your clan purchases, to use then for AUTE? It's ridiculous.

Hang on. I'll re-itterate: did they or did they not have the PTR in August for clan weapon balance changes? Yes they did. To me. Those are pretty instant results? Still not good enough? Boo hoo for you I guess, then!

Everyone cries out "CLANS! FIX IT" and then PGI goes "Here's changes!" and then everyone goes "HOLY **** DON'T CHANGE TOO MUCH PGI! YOU RUIN THINGS!" and then PGI doesn't actually ruin things. They're CURRENTLY dealing with the Clans in an appropriate manner. You're being very unrealistic expecting things to be fixed in a time line that only companies like CIG can do, who has tenfold the amount more people working for them, thrice as many that are contracted, from all over the world, with exsessively more knowledge than PGI does. Their goal is to have more crytek techs than Crytek themselves. Your demands are literally too high for the company you're demanding from.

Just be patient. With IGP out of the picture we should see things move along easier (gradually). Theres x amount of resources (time, manpower), and y amount of issues. It takes time to get those things sorted out.

#117 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

What teh ****? (Is all that goes through my mind right now)

#118 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

I hope there's going to be a Transcript made, I still have class at that hour.

I'll be in bed since it's at 01:00 CET and I write really bad code when I've slept less than six hours.

So yes, transcript please; by 07:00 CET if you don't mind, so I can peruse it at my leisure together with my morning coffee :)

#119 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Does this mean PGI now holds all of the Mechwarrior license (so it could make other Mechwarrior games if it wanted) or is it just all rights related to MWO?

Inquiring minds want to know.

#120 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Acknowledged. Please come to the chat tonight with some specific, concrete examples of how development will accelerate with the inefficiencies removed. Featured sped up, reshuffled, this will come through better, that was being held up before, etc. We never get specifics from you guys. :(

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users