On Piranha Games (Pgi) & Édition Jeux Infinis (Igp) - Feedback

370 replies to this topic

#261 arkanis

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

Now that there's no 3rd party involved, you have no excuse. LOWER THE DAMN PRICES

#262 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

View PostCataclysm315, on 09 September 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

Fantastic! Glad to hear Piranha has the rights again. I expect to see great things from this game! :D

When and why did they lose the rights exactly?

#263 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

Wow I see a lot of people being overly optimistic with no evidence to support it. With no idea what the inner workings were between IGP and PGI, we have no idea how this will affect the game, and there is no evidence that all the 'bad' in MWO came from IGP. For all anyone here knows, IGP could have been the moderating influence that kept the game somewhat playable. Its easy to blame IGP for all the faults, but you might want to restrain your condemnation until PGI starts producing results that justifies that belief. Everyone could be cheering for the fact that MWO just jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Oh well, time will tell, and I'll just hope for the best but expect the worst, at least then the only surprise will be pleasant.

#264 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

It is good to see that you believe in MWO so much that you want to handle it directly.

Any chance of reverting some of those unpopular changes supposedly forced on you by IGP?

Edited by EvilCow, 09 September 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#265 Negaman1971

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLakewood, WA...again

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

I'll be durned....PGI...IGP...I figured that they were always one and the same... and the reason they looked like 2 companies was just because they liked the idea of their initials being the opposite of each other. Its an Illuminati plot! Really, the parent organization exists in the shadows yet, but their initials are GIP...or is it PIG...hard to be sure....

#266 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

I simply do not know enough about the relationships between game developers and publishers, but I can only assume that in some cases such relationships are not good for the health of the product. I'm getting the feeling that this news is almost universally applauded here, or at least people are cautiously optimistic. To me that's great because maybe it'll lighten up the mood here. I think that anything that hastens or streamlines the production and delivery of new content is good for the game and good for the community. I have been largely impressed with the frequency of movement on the game lately, particularly the faction sales and events, though I have a difference of opinion regarding the clan nerfs/changes from a philosophical standpoint. I've recently been pleased with the amount of communication and efforts to address certain problems (desynch) even though at times communication could have come a little more swiftly (desynch). All in all, I stand by; I wait and see. PGI may or may not have been the main culprit in all our woes, but now the ball is in their court and their court alone. They have some work to do to earn our goodwill, and I am hoping that they are up to the job. I'm optimistic, if cautiously so, and I think (hope) that this means good things for our game and community.

#267 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:32 AM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 09 September 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

Wow I see a lot of people being overly optimistic with no evidence to support it. With no idea what the inner workings were between IGP and PGI, we have no idea how this will affect the game, and there is no evidence that all the 'bad' in MWO came from IGP. For all anyone here knows, IGP could have been the moderating influence that kept the game somewhat playable. Its easy to blame IGP for all the faults, but you might want to restrain your condemnation until PGI starts producing results that justifies that belief. Everyone could be cheering for the fact that MWO just jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Oh well, time will tell, and I'll just hope for the best but expect the worst, at least then the only surprise will be pleasant.

You're absolutely right, Tincan, and I largely share your views. I AM optimistic, somewhat. That doesn't mean that I'm certain things will get better. In fact, I'm sure that some of the changes we will see in the coming months will be despised as anything that came to the game under the PGI/IGP partnership. That's simply the result of having a community as passionate about the IP as ours is here. I, like you, am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

#268 Famyn

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

let's all hope this leads to some awesome new developments. :rolleyes:

#269 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

A good move PGI. Have nothing against IGP myself but in life anything with two heads is usually a monster... (To try and steer anyhow)
The recent upswing in updates and improvements might tempt me back in the cockpit after all.

#270 Cricket504

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationZeeland, MI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

What ever your impression of how the PGI/IGP run MWO, be it good/bad/indifferent, at this point is what it is. Now going forward, one thing can be 100% counted on, there will be changes. Some might love it an others hate it no matter what the changes are. Something will get buffed, other things nerfed. There might be things added or removed. The question is how will you adapt to the changes. Far to many (a small but vocal number of players) expect there little demand/requirement be done to the game and if not, they get on the forums to rant. Its laughable the comments asking for detail info on the internal business working or even specific financial matters. NO company will do that unless you are a shareholder with a massive amount of stock. We are the customers. In large part, your right to have a say/control begins and ends with the cash you spend or don't spend. Yes they should to a point listen to feedback, they would be foolish not to.

#271 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

...in combination with the "death" of MWT it looks like Infinite Game Publishing is going to be "finite". :-)

#272 Abrams

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFort Carson, CO

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:15 AM

"September Revolt" anyone?

2549 here we come!

http://www.sarna.net...League/Timeline

#273 caseysrevenge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMaastricht netherlands

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

As Always you got my support ;)

#274 Atomic Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 September 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Yes and were hard at work discovering what rules we will need to abide by in BC.

Perhaps letting the community know the rules before they are put in play, and also allowing the community to vote would seem very fair. Community Organizational Structure is the key to the success of growth. :]

#275 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

I have only one question that worries me=
  • As a publisher, did they take a higher degree of quota or a lower degree of quota from the PGI's money that it made with the Clans/Phoenix/Other things?
- Only an ignorant person would say that PGI used the money to buy-out IGP; as in its own just like that. Basically IGP was sitting on most of the money, like all publishers, so... I am worried if PGI is still loaded or not, and knowing this being the only public facade of what is being told... I am hopeful, but worried =/

(E.x. THQs fall & the disputes Sega had with pre-sold Company of Heroes 2 games VIA Steam, as that money disappeared practically with the bankruptcy of THQ, and Relic the game maker didn't get to keep a penny of it.
  • Nevertheless, I am standing with MWO, as it is the only proper commercial MW game in 10 years. and I never intended to back down.
  • As optimism is a dying view on this planet of pessimists, I'll say that the fact that PGI was able to hold on to the licence... and that it is independent now. I have more faith in PGI than I did before, as I see just by their actions of the past month that everything has been better, including communication.
Now to hope that the future will hold Tanks/Elementals like Russ briefly mentioned in his future thoughts of the game in a podcast; so I hope it'll go alright. For even if the future is clouded and uncertain; the moment of now is firm & secure.

Edited by Hellzero, 09 September 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#276 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Guys,

Russ answered most of these questions you're asking in the Town Hall meeting last night.

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/c/5090278

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 09 September 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#277 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 09 September 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

It is good to see that you believe in MWO so much that you want to handle it directly.

Any chance of reverting some of those unpopular changes supposedly forced on you by IGP?

Yeah.. like Ghost Heat, Movement archetypes, jj nerf, gauss rifle nerf, srm nerf, HGN/VTR nerf and such? Because I fear those came out from you, PGI not IGP. Prove me wrong.. I left this game because of the continuous, senseless nerfing.

#278 Flashripper

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

Great news!

I assume this means that finally focus will be switched from new premium mechs and "fast cash" to the features promised on CBT.

If you start show promise and finally present real results (CBT gameplay was brilliant, and for 2 years after that only a little was done. Can't remember any evolution since ECM was implemented).

When you finally show something, you will get even better support from me in cash. I love BT, and really wish to see this project grow.

#279 Strana Sunstrider

• Pip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Posted Image

Big things have small beginnings :)

Edited by Strana Sunstrider, 09 September 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#280 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

Now that you have the freedom to do so.. start on online poll where players can express what features they want worked on first! My guess would be that we need a whole batch of new maps, PRONTO. But hey, start the poll and let's see what the users have to say.. after all, you ARE working for THEM...

LET FREEDOM RINNNNNG....

Posted Image

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 09 September 2014 - 07:58 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users