#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

*Fakes Niko's voice*

Howdy folks! Please leave your feedback and questions for Paul (the guy with nice shiny hair) here regarding Community Warfare - Phase 2 - Part 1

Spoiler

Thanks!

*coughs from doing a squeaky voice* :ph34r:

#2 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Thanks! Reading through and will post questions soon. Keep up the communications - folks around here will really appreciate the effort.

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 10 September 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#3 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

I failed at the copy paste... just go here: http://mwomercs.com/...warfare-phase-2

#4 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

This is going to be fun. Gimme now so I can start forming my unit enmasse.

#5 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

So with JJ nerf, light pilots can jump over small rocks...barriers will be small rock height?

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I failed at the copy paste... just go here: http://mwomercs.com/...warfare-phase-2

Reading it now.

So far, seems pretty well explained. Sure some details could be fleshed out, but I figure that will be in your future updates. Will add a Question if one arises, though.

View PostChemie, on 10 September 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

So with JJ nerf, light pilots can jump over small rocks...barriers will be small rock height?

Really? Lol. I still use the JJs on my Summoner fine, and Lights fly over things. A little exaggerated there.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

It's good to know "Clan Mechs" are usable, but that also means there's no "meaningful" Clan vs IS aspect.

What this amounts to is a pseudo-match creation between parties... I'm not sure if 2 minutes if enough for a particular faction to response, nor 30 seconds for mech selection based on a personal dropdeck.

I'd rather see an example of the new mode first before I comment on how "functional" it is.

#8 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

Reading through it. Good to know you guys came out with info.

#9 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Wow.. Paul sounded just like Niko there...

One thing I'd like clarification on.. where do Merc Units, and, especially Lone Wolves/Unaffilated players fall in this? Previously, it was talked about us being 'filler' to round out groups, is that still the plan?

#10 Parjai Skirata

• Pip
  • 12 posts

I guess we'll have to see how this goes... But if, for example, I'm with a merc unit, and not affiliated with any faction per se (house, clan, etc), what impact does that have on us? I primarily pilot clan mechs, but I still have IS mechs. Does this force me to have pilot IS mechs if someone else in our unit attacks a target?

#11 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Will you be allowing the use of Hero mechs - as long as they fit with the Faction/planet requirements.

It appears that at first it will be the larger Factions/Clans/Merc groups that will be able to take on contracts - ie those groups that can field a 12 person team immediately. Are their any plans to allow the smaller groups to be able to take on contracts for attacking defending planets? Ie - a Possibility that more than 1 contracted group be dropping together. I ask this because otherwise you may find only a limited number of large groups controlling CW because of their ability to drops 12 mans and possibly even undermine the bidding ability of smaller groups.

Cheers
Eboli.

#12 Remedy 6

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 46 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMechin' my way downtown

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

all aboard the HYPE TRAIN

#13 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

Two questions, off the top of my head:

What value will non-jump capable lights have if they cannot circumvent chokepoints?

Why is the disabling the gate control a jump-sniping challenge? Why not just make the gate destructible, and make disabling the generator a quick mode to taking out the gate and turrets?

#14 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

after reading this it sounds like phase 2 will only be for 12 mans. what about the group of ppl who have less then 12? or the poor solo player who would wish to join in this action that sounds fun

#15 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

The faction a player has aligned to will be a hard rule as to which mechs they can us and which planets they can attack/defend.

So as a member of a merc corps, will we be able to change our faction alignment at any time in order to use our full inventory of mechs and participate in multiple conflicts? Or once Phase 2 is released, will our groups current choice be locked in and us unable to change it in order to play with mechs of other factions?

Thank you for your time, and most of all, MWO!

Edited by t Khrist, 10 September 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#16 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

Also, why focus on fighting over chokepoints when you have a large map? MWO arena mode already has lots of fighting for chokepoints and ridges, so why not use the additional open ground for less static objective-based gameplay?

#17 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

There should be a limit on drops/launch/get in game to prevent "behind the scene" community groups that will easily turn the tide in CW in an instant by switching sides.

ex you get to drop in a event 10 times

oooooooooo

once you drop the 10th time you can not drop in for another and wait for a cool down

xxxxxxxxxx

Each drop should have a cool down of xxmins then you gain a drop etc till you have 10 again

ex 10:00 mins to gain a drop

also you can not buy drops.

When the event coming to a close the cool down for each drop is quick to a lower amount of mins.

ex 4:00 mins to gain drop

Lock in the faction for the entire duration of the CW event

#18 NoRoo

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Question: Any chance we can have larger Decks? Maybe one of each weight class + a couple optional "Any class" slots? That way we could quickly choose between a couple alternate mechs for our preferred weight classes. I might want to quickly be able to choose between a long range support medium mech, and a short range brawler medium mech.

#19 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

So where's the leaked parts of the apology document? Contrition.txt?

#20 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

Having a thought:

Do you think it is possible to allow contracts to go to Merc groups based upon destroying a certain number of mechs over a specific time period?

There could be a number of different contracts made available for all groups where greater payouts and faction points are awarded to a greater amount of kills. Smaller [merc] groups can still participate by choosing a contract for a smaller amount of kills while larger groups can take on bigger contracts as they have more members available to participate.

Contracts could be specific to actual planets or general but I think planet contracts will add an element of must complete atmosphere.

Cheers!
Eboli.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users