112 replies to this topic

#1 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Some people are just whining about the Clan Mechs for the sake of whining, it seems to be a war outside of the game that some of the unskilled players are still trying to win . Over the last week Russ has open the doors to Clan mechs engines losing heat dissipation, slowing down, now this takes the clan mechs out of their natural designs but ok, so be it. I can deal with that because stupid pilots will still be stupid no matter how many nerfs we have to endure and clan mechs will continue to kick their asses.

Now over the last week after this post
Russ Please Don't Nerf Clan Mechs Because (Is) Pilots Suck!

I was pleasantly surprised to see some of the (IS) pilots actually going after Timber Wolfs and Storm Crows, and as I said the Clan mechs over heated and the (IS) mechs ripped them apart. I even died with a hell of a lot less damage than I usually do.

Right now the clan players can load their mechs up with lasers and manage a 1.1/1.2 heat rating because the (IS) players don't have the balls to get up close and personal to clan mechs. But when you get in a firing line VS Clan mechs you are playing right into OUR element, The Clan mechs excel in this arena, we own it. Please stop making excuses for your stupidity and learn to play to your strengths and not to ours and then have the nerve to complain about it.

TACTICS

If you have a lot of (IS) in your pug group you MUST realize that you can't win a firing line war with clan mechs, you will have to adapt (I know that's asking a lot from some of you but...) You must use your speed and abundance of ECM mechs to close the gap to Clan mechs. When you attack, move in as a Death Ball (assaults first) then spread out.. You'll be so close we can't use arti's or air strikes without killing our team mates, your so close our missiles do less damage, and last but most importantly we have no time to dissipate heat and we shut down.

This is why Russ can't balance the mechs because he is well aware of the short comings that the Clan mechs have but you (IS) pilots are too stupid to challenge us the way you should. He has to leave the Clan mech some meat (heat) on the bones because when you whiners wise up and do your jobs, you'll find out that the Clan mechs have been over nerfed. We can't win against a team that closes the gap and confronts us, and the nerfs are still dropping like rain.

So when I see ignorant posts like this

Timberwolf Needs A Nerf

Clan Xl Shutdown On Torso Loss

Are Clans Sufficiently Op?

It just makes my skin ITCH! because obviously they don't have the mental ability NOT to play in the Clans tactical realm, but have made every possible excuse for the loses that they could. The only solution to these people must be a solution that does NOT involve them making any changes to their tactics..... NERF IT!! OMG NERF IT!!!

THIS IS STUPIDITY!!!

Posted Image

Now I guess these NERF-IT suckas will want to nerf War Hawks a mech you hardly ever hear dribble out their mothes, but this is a prime exaple of a skilled pilot fighting stupid and unprepaid people. Now I'm pretty good in my Timber Wolfs, Storm Crows, (used to be good in a Nova but they nerfed all to hell I don't even bother) but this was done today. Almost 1500 damage in this thing because people didn't have the right mods, didn't stay under ECM and I chewed them up.

Now here is the funny part, the same NERF-IT idiots are trying to nerf the one thing they have in their favor ECM and I'm all for it. Becuase when they nerf ECM they will be less likely to be able to get close enough to the Clan firing line without taking massive damage from missiles, and being seen in time to turn them back and make them run for cover... go for it.. nerf ECM please...

LEAVE THINGS ALONE UNTIL COMMUNITY WARFARE STARTS

I agree that we need to balance the game, I'm not a guy that gets hung up on lore, hell I don't even know the lore. But it's obvious to see that the data that is being used to nerf Clan mechs is not reliable because the play styles and tactics will change soon. If the (IS) does what their supposed to DO instead of bumping their gums and trying to force PGI to solve their skill issues with nerfs, we'll find out that we are way past being balance and clan mechs will need releife from some of these heat nerfs.

PS
  • Russ, I was thinkiing.. the (IS) has a King Crab, you guys don't really stick to lore and I can't use it in CW so can you guys make us a King Lobster or something that comes with it's own butter squirter.
  • If there is going to be a councel I wan't to be on it. I'm a Clan Pilot through and through.. Long Live The Clans!!! But I can see both sides of the table.. even the stupid side.. I have binoculars.. :>)
  • Oh yeh I'm the War Hawk King I think.. never seen a score that high on a WH

Edited by mongo2006, 19 September 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

You think Timbie doesn't need nerf? That just invalidates your entire post.

Also, Clan XL getting heat + mobility penalty upon ST destruction is perfectly justified.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 September 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#3 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 September 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

You think Timbie doesn't need nerf? That just invalidates your entire post.

Also, Clan XL getting heat + mobility penalty upon ST destruction is perfectly justified.

Sorry but I have to disagree. People need to let the last round of nerfs sink in before crying about more. It amazes me how much strong the IS is than the Clans. People just really do not see it. They are over heating mo fo's now.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

I think that the Clan XL scandal would probably have been best to have been handled prior to most of the weapon heat nerfs, because it achieves a similar effect but without shafting certain already sub-par Clan chassis.

#5 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

Not sure what part of Clan superiority you players don't get, Clans are suppose to toss your salad, its the lore. IS battled against them through numbers not nerfs lol. Crying wolf every time you get trashed by a clanner is just going to dilute this game even more than it currently is.

#6 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

I personally think currently it is just unit politics and was having a affect on PGI but they are wising up to it. Not too many guys will continue to fund the game if the clans get heavy nerfed again. Turning the game inside out and reversing roles of clans vs IS just stinks to high heaven and craps all over the 30 yrs of battletech history IMHO. I may not be best pilot but I do not get phenomenal kills in my timber wolf!.. If I did then I would play it daily, which I do not! I was thinking of putting it back to stock configuration because it was doing better with it then. NO more nerfs! fix individual mech issues, Like the Summoner, Nova but no across the board nerfings. I see Jaeger mechs with duel gauss or ac40 killing more than timbers in matches. I am sure every time the clans get new mechs or weapons IS guys will whine and cry NERF NERF!

#7 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Oh yeh I'm the War Hawk King I think.. never seen a score that high on a WH

My fellow Clanner "FearNotDeath" would like a few words with you over that statement:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

yea.. Lets slow down the Dire when it looses a side..

If my can mechs have 1.2 or better heat I am happy happy lol

#9 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

I honestly don't know how you think the Timberwolf doesn't need something doing to it. It's hard to put my finger on what exactly but there is no denying it's just got too many good points at the moment.

Edited by Pika, 19 September 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#10 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Do You own a timber?

#11 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

I play a Crow and get trashed all the time by IS Mechs, 1v1-1v2 doe's that mean IS are Op, no it means I got outplayed. TBR is fine as it is, I've 1v1 them in IS mechs and Clan mechs, some battles I win some I lose.

And before you say it, no i don't own a TBR.

#12 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

I honestly don't know how you think the Timberwolf doesn't need something doing to it. It's hard to put my finger on what exactly but there is no denying it's just got too many good points at the moment.

They could adjust those god awful hit boxes for starters.

I keep saying it over and over let the dev's run the IS quirk pass first, see what it does than adjust from there.

The Summoner would go from being usable to just a hunk of scrap limping across the battlefield with a speed reduction, heat efficiency reduction and losing 50% of it's weapons. All because we wanted to mass slam Clan across the board.

Edited by Griggio, 19 September 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#13 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

I do and they are cool but not the baddest mech in the game that is for sure. Maybe in the hands of the top tier elite the are but I get killed just as easy in it as I do in anything else but now it overheats more.

#14 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

Stuff

Also I have to ask what the hell is with the tone of this post? I play both clan and IS 'Mechs interchangeably. I have no solid allegiance and I don't especially care what faction any future unit I may join decides to be. But when Russ points out that clans are still winning 70+% of the time after they have been nerfed, there is something amiss. Especially when you consider this test was done in the solo queue.

Look, I'm a BT purist but even I understand that this game cannot, should not, and honestly will not have the Clan mechs as straight up stronger because then the game is pay to win. Unquestionably (At the mo anyways) or when they're all out for C-Bills, clans will just own the map.

It's not about tactics, it's not about damage numbers, it's not about quirks it's not even that complicated. The Side Torso survival thing is the one and ONLY issue. Simply put IS mechs with an XL engine die MUCH easier than anything the clans need to worry about ( Two to Three times faster in fact. Especially when you look at the armor values of Side Torsos on most IS mechs.) The result? Easier to kill IS mechs.

That's it. That's the only issue. Remove or address this issue and things will balanced out.

There is, however, no excuse for a snarky attitude calling anyone who disagrees with you dribbling moron. Chillax man, it's just a game.

Starting to suspect this is just an excuse for a gloat-post.

Edited by Pika, 19 September 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#15 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

FYI, there has been an ongoing Crusade against the Clans ever since they were released in TT decades ago. The aim is to eliminate the Clans once and for all. They might finally win.

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 19 September 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#16 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

You do know that saying "my stuff is not OP, we're just more skilled" just makes you sound like an idiot, right?

Edited by Zoid, 19 September 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#17 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'll tell you whats Op, connecting to the bleeding server is.

#18 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'll duel any clan mech in my Jenner and will wipe the floor with them. I'm an ankle biter and proud of it.

#19 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostAresye, on 19 September 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

My fellow Clanner "FearNotDeath" would like a few words with you over that statement:

Posted Image
Posted Image

AWE SHUCKS!!! ok I concede, well can I be the War Hark prince?.. the man who know DA MAN? well done FearNotDeath THE WAR HAWK KING

Edited by mongo2006, 19 September 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#20 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 19 September 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'll duel any clan mech in my Jenner and will wipe the floor with them. I'm an ankle biter and proud of it.

LOL that's sort of my point, how can a Timber Wolf be OP when a skilled Jenner pilot can eat it for lunch, even if it is a skilled Clan pilot. he gonna shut down after shooting at you two times..

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users