Full List Of Mech Quirks From The Test Server.

244 replies to this topic

#181 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostDocBach, on 30 October 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

It's not really a meta shift though -- outside a couple of chassis with the perks, the LB-X is still a garbage weapon.

It is, but put it on a 'mech doing 100+ kph and loads of fun to had! I just wish when it hit a loud "klank-klank-klank" sound would reverberate through the target's cockpit...

#182 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostXenonCx, on 30 October 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

It is, but put it on a 'mech doing 100+ kph and loads of fun to had! I just wish when it hit a loud "klank-klank-klank" sound would reverberate through the target's cockpit...

That would be too cool!

#183 Heffey

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

So no quirks for Founder mechs?

#184 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

I just want to highlight a couple of my Hero mechs that have questionable quirks.

Dragon-Flame: Laser Duration +10%

HUH? Why? The 4 low-slung arm mounts are just so OP they needed to be nerfed? I don't get this at all. Grrrr. If anything they should have added energy quirks, not nerfed them. Now my 4 ML are even more crappy, especially when they only hit rocks most of the time.

The AC20 quirks are ok, but I much prefer a Gauss in that location and the perks aren't enough to make me change my config. I'll take the increased range and velocity, though doubt I'll notice a 7.5% increase (2150 vs 2000).

So overall, my play in this mech has been nerfed. It's a DRAGON. :angry:

Jagermech Firebrand: Tier 2 vs. Tier 3

All other Jagers are Tier 3. I don't get this one either. There's nothing really special about the Firebrand to make it a higher Tier over the other Jagers. Sure it can take a bigger engine, but who does that? In fact, it's got reduced torso twist which makes it less desirable than a -DD or -S. I'm confounded.

#185 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostXenonCx, on 30 October 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

I just want to highlight a couple of my Hero mechs that have questionable quirks.

Dragon-Flame: Laser Duration +10%

HUH? Why? The 4 low-slung arm mounts are just so OP they needed to be nerfed? I don't get this at all. Grrrr. If anything they should have added energy quirks, not nerfed them. Now my 4 ML are even more crappy, especially when they only hit rocks most of the time.

The AC20 quirks are ok, but I much prefer a Gauss in that location and the perks aren't enough to make me change my config. I'll take the increased range and velocity, though doubt I'll notice a 7.5% increase (2150 vs 2000).

So overall, my play in this mech has been nerfed. It's a DRAGON. :angry:

Jagermech Firebrand: Tier 2 vs. Tier 3

All other Jagers are Tier 3. I don't get this one either. There's nothing really special about the Firebrand to make it a higher Tier over the other Jagers. Sure it can take a bigger engine, but who does that? In fact, it's got reduced torso twist which makes it less desirable than a -DD or -S. I'm confounded.

Yo, the duration is a decrease.

Also, that velocity increase is pretty dang big.

But yeah, Firebrand is a great huge middle finger, IMHO.

#186 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostCavale, on 30 October 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Yo, the duration is a decrease.

I don't think so, unless it's a typo. For example, the DRG-5Nshows "Laser Duration-12.5%", which is most definitely a decrease. The Flame quirk doesn't have the minus sign, at least in the preliminary Google doc. Hope you're right though!

#187 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

These Blackjack Quirks are really confusing me....

The Arrow:
I'm incredibly confused as to why the Arrow. One of the only two Hexa-Ballistlc mechs in the game (afaik). Got a quirk for AC20's and not MGs........

BJ-1
The champion variant of this mech is specifically designed, and COMES WITH an AC20, yet it has quirks for AC2s????????

BJ-3, BJ-1DC, and BJ-1X all look ok, and I do realize the above quirks do still help, but they just seem very odd choices given the stock loadouts of each mech. I know, I know, not all quirks are aimed at stock loadouts, but I'd think in this case the stock loadouts ARE the most popular loadouts.

#188 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

I definitely would rather have AC/2 on the BJ-1DC than the BJ-1. BJ-1 seems like it would be great for making the "jumpjets or AC/5" trade-off, while the BJ-1DC is pretty much pointless unless you take advantage of all its energy hardpoints.

#189 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostTB Xiomburg, on 30 October 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

So the best missile boat in the game gets no missile love...the Highlander 733.

Best assault lrm boat.

#190 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

The Orion Protector with an AC20 quirk. So I have to run it with a standard engine? Didn't have much fun with it last time I tried. Though with these buffs I might have to retry, especially as I hadn't mastered it that time. Still with the On1-VA getting the same exact quirks, they couldn't give it like AC10 quirks instead? Or even something to PPCs so that I can easier combine it with a Gauss.

#191 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

A lot of these quirks are actually quite good.

But some are completely inappropriate, and there's absolutely no excuse for a bad stock loadout based quirk set like the Atlas BH got if you're going to give other mechs like the K2 a bad quirk set that has nothing to do with the mech's stock loadout. If it can be either way then they should have given the K2 its PPC quirks whether the Firebrand has them or not, and let the BH have AC20 quirks that it can actually use.

#192 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

Even with complaints, these quirks have me wanting to rebuy mechs I've long sold. That's a good thing.

View PostTezcatli, on 30 October 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

The Orion Protector with an AC20 quirk. So I have to run it with a standard engine? Didn't have much fun with it last time I tried. Though with these buffs I might have to retry, especially as I hadn't mastered it that time. Still with the On1-VA getting the same exact quirks, they couldn't give it like AC10 quirks instead? Or even something to PPCs so that I can easier combine it with a Gauss.

Not a fan of the Protector quirks either. It's the one ON1 that could've used a quirk that encourages using both ballistic slots. This is the only viable build for these quirks. Not bad at all, just really vanilla. And slow.

Imagine if we'd gotten an AC5 quirk like the Dragon, along with the ones for the SRM6. This build would be amazing.

And no energy quirks? PGI please.

Edited by Kevjack, 30 October 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#193 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostCreovex, on 30 October 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

They give you compounding options on it... (which I really can't argue against) Example: KTO-18 Put a missile system (SRM or LRM) and get a Missle Cooldown of 7.5%
  • Missle Cooldown of 7.5%
  • Missle Heat Gen of -7.5%
Yet if you want to stay closer to the "Stock-ish" build.... you get more weapon specific perks...
  • LRM5 Cooldown of 7.5%
  • LRM5 Heat Gen of -7.5%
Overall, if I am not an LRM ( and sticking to the *meta / 5 star mechspecs.com builds* fan) and put SRMs on it, you are still get better stats then you had and it is upping the functionality of the mech.... I want to see this in action before I make any final decision... but right now I think it all looks positive.. This is called Enticement... and I approve it's usage!

plus the kint-18 gets a buff to the lasers(any) I like the kint-18 buff alot.

edit: death of the lrm5 has been overly eggagerated. Even now with my lrm5 colldown mod I can chain fire them constantly, with the bonus it will be 3 firing if it can or will be the same. if same I can get a diff mod. win/win.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 30 October 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#194 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostKevjack, on 30 October 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Even with complaints, these quirks have me wanting to rebuy mechs I've long sold. That's a good thing.

Not a fan of the Protector quirks either. It's the one ON1 that could've used a quirk that encourages using both ballistic slots. This is the only viable build for these quirks. Not bad at all, just really vanilla. And slow.

Imagine if we'd gotten an AC5 quirk like the Dragon, along with the ones for the SRM6. This build would be amazing.

And no energy quirks? PGI please.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. It has 2 hard points. We could take advantage of that.

#195 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

I'm also scratching my head on the Orion quirks. First off, why split the structure buffs between the torsos and arms? I don't recall ever lamenting the survivability of my Orion's arms. I would never use a UAC/5 on the ON1-K (too little dakka, too much exposure), I personally use an AC/20.

I wish they would drop the 10% LRM5 / Missile buff for the ON1-V and add it to the AC/5 buff. That way I could run more reliable Dual AC/5's, with 40% buffs instead of the jammy Dual UAC/5's I currently use on it.

The ON1-VA doesn't look good either. Taking advantage of both the SRM6 & AC/20 quirks together will be super tight on ammo unless you under utilize it's hardpoints. Which could make it an either-or situation.

The Protector...meh. Unfortunately it's my least favorite Orion.

The ON1-M quirks do look sorta interesting... don't really have an opinion on it currently.

#196 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

Jenner F = no quirks ???????? :o

are you serious ?? its still a IS light and still goes down fast if that CT gets lit up
there is no good reason for it to be excluded, its not exactly the timberwolf of lights
yeah its one of the better lights but it still needs some quirks to stay competitive in the age of clams

*edit: but the stupid raven 3L gets energy quirks ?? wutlol

i see cicada 3m has been locked into the 2 LL 2ml build, reduced LL duration will come in handy on this one
phract 4x is going to be quadAc5 dakkafun thou

Edited by GamerGirlGundam, 30 October 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#197 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostGamerGirlGundam, on 30 October 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Jenner F = no quirks ???????? :o

are you serious ?? its still a IS light and still goes down fast if that CT gets lit up
there is no good reason for it to be excluded, its not exactly the timberwolf of lights
yeah its one of the better lights but it still needs some quirks to stay competitive in the age of clams

*edit: but the stupid raven 3L gets energy quirks ?? wutlol

id like to direct you to http://mwomercs.com/...t=201410chassis

notice the top jenner score beat out every other chassis in the game except the direwolf. let that sink in for a minute. a 35ton mech with 6 medium lasers only lost to the 100ton walking weapons platform thats sole purpose in creation was to provide the most tonnage and space POSSIBLE for weapons in the game.

#198 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

View Postaniviron, on 30 October 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

It's +4, not 4%.

You're right though, it won't make any difference in the end. The Raven's legs get more or less the same buff as most lights, except no other lights have had their leg hitboxes intentionally made huge. Back when HSR was not in the game, nobody could hit Ravens, much rage ensued, and their leg hitboxes were made roughly ~2x the size of the legs. Nearly a year and a half and a complete rewrite of the netcode later, they still have huge hitboxes, the bandaid fix was never removed. Here's a great post by RealityCube mapping the extra size on the Raven's legs. And some choice images for those too lazy to click the link:

All the close range weapon buffs on the Raven are worthless until its leg size is smaller than a Catapult's legs. A big reason 2xERLL Ravens became the norm is because it means they don't have to expose their legs, which means not getting vaporized from below instantly.

You are absolutely right. Every time I look at my ravens especially my fav mech in the game the raven 4x. I just cringe when I think about the increased hitboxes and how they need to be rolled back post HSR but are ignored every patch. The ravens are the only mech you dont need to a aim at, you just need to get close. Its really not cool or fair.

#199 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

View PostFuggles, on 30 October 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

id like to direct you to http://mwomercs.com/...t=201410chassis

notice the top jenner score beat out every other chassis in the game except the direwolf. let that sink in for a minute. a 35ton mech with 6 medium lasers only lost to the 100ton walking weapons platform thats sole purpose in creation was to provide the most tonnage and space POSSIBLE for weapons in the game.

the tournaments are in no way an accurate measure, everyone agrees on that
id put that down to player skill tbh because alot of people have refined the art of the jenner (and light pilots are the best in the game) instead of the actual raw chassis
i can understand the ember having no quirks but the jenner f is definately not an ember

kinda hard to argue not providing any quirks for any IS mechs with the existence of meta clammechs

#200 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

btw AtomCore you are the pride of all light pilots ! :wub:

all jenner pilots can only hope to aspire to your great heights, a god among mortals, a divine wind on the battlefield
you are - THE pilot - the legend

however in dark corners we curse your name for denying us the sweet sweet nectar of jenner quirks that would have allowed us to better follow in your footsteps hue

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users