Full List Of Mech Quirks From The Test Server.

244 replies to this topic

#141 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

Oh mother of god I can't wait to break out my old Locust SPL monster. I had some seriously good days on that thing without these buffs, and now it's gonna be like a scalpel. A frail, paper-thin scalpel.

#142 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 30 October 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

Why does PGI hate fluff appropiate weaponry :(

Unfortunately, most... MOST gamers have no interest in fluff. They want distilled stats without stupid flavor text and the optimum loadout now so they can go mutton bash.

Personally, I'm with you, except I always end up stripping fluff weapons if they don't fit my playstyle or effectivness.

#143 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Why oh why does the Arrow have AC20 quirks?

Give it Ballistic Range quirks times 2, and LPL quirks. Boost its distinctive loadout, don't make it an alternate bam-jack.

And I still say that weapon quirks should apply across sub-type: PPC/ERPPC, LL/ERLL/LPL, AC10/UAC10/LBX-AC10, etc.

#144 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 30 October 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Give it Ballistic Range quirks times 2, and LPL quirks. Boost its distinctive loadout, don't make it an alternate bam-jack.

And I still say that weapon quirks should apply across sub-type: PPC/ERPPC, LL/ERLL/LPL, AC10/UAC10/LBX-AC10, etc.

Thumbs up for both suggestions!

#145 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 30 October 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Yeah, the Arrow is a big offender in the terms of quirks which actively work against the character of the mech. Mounting an AC20 in an Arrow effectively makes it just a BJ-1 with a machine gun arm instead of a laser arm, which is pretty bland. I'd rather the Arrow and BJ-1 swapped AC20 and AC2 quirks. The Arrow can currently mount a pair of AC2s in one arm for peeking, which the BJ-1 can't, and twin, rapid fire AC2s paired with a handful of machineguns fits the image of the Arrow much better than an a single giant cannon does.

#146 rangergord

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

My biggest question I haven't seen mentioned: why did 3/5 c-bill variants of the Treb get LRM15 quirks? Wasn't this supposed to be about build diversity? Couldn't the 7M at least get SRM's?

#147 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Man, Jagermechs look like they generally got shafted. All the wrong quirks on all the wrong variants. UAC/5 on the DD? Nope, that goes on the JM6-S. The DD should get AC/5 and/or AC/2 quirks. The JM6-A also should have gotten SRM buffs, not LRM buffs, as well as AC/5 in addition to AC/2. Ironically, the Firebrand got the best bonuses.

The Blackjacks, similarly, turned out funny. The BJ-1X is more or less a god now, which I'm totally okay with, but the others are...uh...what? AC/20 on the Arrow? WTF? The BJ-1, which actually has an AC/20 in Trial form, gets AC/2. Again, what? BJ-1DC gets AC/5. Weird.

BJ-1DC should get AC/2, BJ-1 should get the AC/20 (would actually rather AC/5), and if they insist on a big cannon for the Arrow it should be the AC/5. Personally, I would have given the Arrow pulse laser buffs.

Locust is going to absolutely wreck face.

Edit:
Since we are seeing AC/2 cooldown buffs, does this mean the ghost heat on AC/2 is getting lifted or toned down?

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 30 October 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#148 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 30 October 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Unfortunately, most... MOST gamers have no interest in fluff. They want distilled stats without stupid flavor text and the optimum loadout now so they can go mutton bash.

Personally, I'm with you, except I always end up stripping fluff weapons if they don't fit my playstyle or effectivness.

So true, but to me it seems PGI actually is. And admittely some of the fluff variant are simply put not up to snuff... but if it is not possible make a working variant, simply make a refit model of it, with alternate ID... with those actual weapons they work best with when you buy it.

It is confusing, weapons variant comes with certain weapons, has a history... and doesn't work best with that. Why we calling this mechwarrior at all, without fluff this is mecha deathmatch online.

Poor Battlemaster with it's iconic handheld PPC.. and only the hero model gets buff on it :(
Alright alright, if it has to be some mech that gets PPC buff, AWS it is, sure, but BLR-1D, L laser buff... just so wrong. Give it a defensive buff... double the dps/crit on those mgs, anything that the variant actually has (EDIT, actually, give this non-p2w mech PPC buff as well)

Edited by Haakon Magnusson, 30 October 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#149 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'd really like an explanation for why the BLRs are keeping the negative quirks. I just decided to get into them, so this is very disappointing to see.

But Sparky got great quirks, really happy about that.

#150 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 30 October 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Man, Jagermechs look like they generally got shafted. All the wrong quirks on all the wrong variants. UAC/5 on the DD? Nope, that goes on the JM6-S. The DD should get AC/5 and/or AC/2 quirks. The JM6-A also should have gotten SRM buffs, not LRM buffs, as well as AC/5 in addition to AC/2. Ironically, the Firebrand got the best bonuses.

The Blackjacks, similarly, turned out funny. The BJ-1X is more or less a god now, which I'm totally okay with, but the others are...uh...what? AC/20 on the Arrow? WTF? The BJ-1, which actually has an AC/20 in Trial form, gets AC/2. Again, what? BJ-1DC gets AC/5. Weird.

BJ-1DC should get AC/2, BJ-1 should get the AC/20 (would actually rather AC/5), and if they insist on a big cannon for the Arrow it should be the AC/5. Personally, I would have given the Arrow pulse laser buffs.

Locust is going to absolutely wreck face.

Edit:
Since we are seeing AC/2 cooldown buffs, does this mean the ghost heat on AC/2 is getting lifted or toned down?

Have to be honest, I'm fairly glad about Jags getting the shaft a bit. They already benefit from high hardpoint mounts, and they're way, way too common. I think 50% of the IS heavies I see drop are Jags. Before clan launch you couldn't go a match without seeing 2-4 of the stupid things.

#151 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

So glad my Griffin 1-N got the srm buff, wont have to change its build.

srm4 quirks on the Cent 9-A? wtf? should be srm6 buffs, no one uses 4's.

#152 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'm pretty happy about the quirks on the Wolverines. SRM6 quirks for my 7k? Yes please :D

#153 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

Kinda disappointed with the Orion quirks.

ON1-K - buffs to MLas (fair enough) and UAC/5 (whut?)
ON1-M - 40% cooldown on the LB10 (actually not bad)
ON1-V - buffs to AC/5 and LRM5. This sounds awful.
ON1-VA - buffs to SRM6 and AC/20. (again, not too bad.)

Really odd builds these quirks are encouraging.

#154 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

I don't understand why the VND1-SIB is so underbudgeted for a tier 4 mech. just compare its quirks with what other VNDs (also tier 4) are getting. I am confused.

#155 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 30 October 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Poor Battlemaster with it's iconic handheld PPC.. and only the hero model gets buff on it :(
Alright alright, if it has to be some mech that gets PPC buff, AWS it is, sure, but BLR-1D, L laser buff... just so wrong. Give it a defensive buff... double the dps/crit on those mgs, anything that the variant actually has (EDIT, actually, give this non-p2w mech PPC buff as well)

This bring to mind the K2 and Firebrand.

Firebrand gets PPC quirks, even though it's comp. setup is two BIG ACs, every single time. But the K2 doesn't, under the guise that it's comp. setup is Big ACs.

This is not because of Comp. This is because the Firebrand costs MC, and PPCs are going to be popular again with the de-nerf, and heavies are the most popular chassis. This is PGI going "You want good PPCs? Money."

Which is bull.

Edited by Cavale, 30 October 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#156 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

orion quirks really have me scratching my head????? (aside from the protector)
do they even play orions? the perks make no sense

but holy effing crap i cant wait for the awesome 9m changes!!!!
.51 second duration medium pulse lasers!! 1000m erppcs that shoot 1300m/s!! and a flat 15% cooldown buff!!

awwwww yeahhhhhh

#157 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,547 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostCavale, on 30 October 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Firebrand gets PPC quirks, even though it's comp. setup is two BIG ACs, every single time. But the K2 doesn't, under the guise that it's comp. setup is Big ACs.

This is not because of Comp. This is because the Firebrand costs MC, and PPCs are going to be popular again with the de-nerf, and heavies are the most popular chassis. This is PGI going "You want good PPCs? Money."

Which is bull.

Like how the Arrow, one of the best BJs already got the AC20 buff while they gave the classic BJ-1 AC2 buffs (lolwut)?

#158 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostCavale, on 30 October 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Which is bull.

This boggles the mind, are there people out there who think weapons variant has doesn't matter?

So I made a poll http://mwomercs.com/...-it-comes-with/
Somehow I think I am not alone wondering these choices...

#159 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 30 October 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

This boggles the mind, are there people out there who think weapons variant has doesn't matter?

So I made a poll http://mwomercs.com/...-it-comes-with/
Somehow I think I am not alone wondering these choices...

This is the Same idea, as, pointed out, the Arrow Getting AC20 buffs.

Yeah. Really not that hard to see through.

Edited by Cavale, 30 October 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#160 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Does the protector Orion get the same exact quirks as the VA?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users