Full List Of Mech Quirks From The Test Server.

244 replies to this topic

#101 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

Id like to point out none of my mechs got anything remotely useful. The Raven 3L, Banshee 3E, Jager A, Shadowhawk 2k...

Literally all 5% in one thing that helps my builds.

Fortunately all my builds were already good. So...yay me. But im not complaining. Just slightly let down. Nothing on that list looks earth shattering.

#102 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostDocBach, on 30 October 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

As the bnc-3e banshee is like, the only mech I have that I didn't spend all my money returning to stock, I'm pretty happy. Ppl velocity would have been cool, but I'll take the 10% less heat for them.q

Yeah that one im disapointed about. AC20, 2x LPL, 2x MPL here.

10% less heat is nice but...really nothing im going to notice. *shrug* I always already wasting people left and right in the Wubshee so I guess it really didnt need much of a buff. Nothings going to get me to take the AC20 off.

Sad the Raven 3L didnt get ERLL buffs.

Also some of the quirks might not be here, might have changed, this is just what was tested. So what comes nov 4th might be different *crosses fingers*

Was disapointed to see NO srm quirks for splathawks.

#103 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

RVN-3L would be better off with NARC buff than weapon buff.

Guess if that was posted in the form of a 4chan GIF slow-mos around here would get it.

#104 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, but since Narc is paying so well, and is so annoying to get tagged by....the last thing anyone wants is a Raven with a 700m Narc projectile.

#105 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostPostumus, on 30 October 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

Orion K - 1 Ballistic hardpoint, and it gets Ultra AC/5 quirks? ?????? The only thing that makes any sense for this mech is an AC/20 or AC/10. A single UAC/5 does nothing, and even with quirks, the only way this mech survives is by turning its giant barn-like torso away from enemy fire in between volleys, which you cannot do effectively with a UAC/5.

Grid Iron sympathizes.

EDIT - on the other hand, Muromets and Misery both got better for me. Protector got good perks for a brawler build, though I've been running it more midrange.

Edited by Kirkland Langue, 30 October 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#106 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostButane9000, on 30 October 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

I think brawling will be back on the rise. I am slightly disappointed on the 8Q's PPC quirk vs the 9M ERPPC. I'm going to have to switch my builds around.

It'll be nice to see some different builds forming around these tweaks.

Eh, I'm not too put out by it since they had to make the 8Q and 9M different somehow, and PB got the large laser buffs. Still a lot of room for additional energy weapons and both of those too as well as the PPCs.

Some of these quirks bring out builds in my mind on mechs I largely ignored in the past like the cicada 2B and the thunderbolt 5SS. Wubwub!

#107 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostAleski, on 30 October 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Thanks for the information =)

I don't understand the choice of the ballistic quirks on some of my mech :
DNG-Flame : AC/20 quirks -> It's really not the most popular build. It's efficient, but the hight mounted point is perfect for sniping too. XL builds are more versatile on Dragon...
Orion Protectore : AC/20 quirks -> I understand a lot of people like this one, but the protector run a Gauss as a stock loadout...?

Blackjack arrow : AC/20 quirks -> i mean, why? I've never see an Arrow with an AC/20... I doesn't know that's a popular build for this blackjack.

Catapult K2 : a lot of people will hate these quirks. Why not the PPCs on this one? This chassis is designed to use them. Odd...

Pretty baby : LL quirks essentielly, i really prefer PPC or LPL, but it's a matter of taste and play style!

Golden Boy : LRM quirks, it's a very cool build with the LRMs (i use it very often), but the stock loadout is SRM brawler. And it's exactly the same quirks as the KTO-18. Stange!

Well this quirks are good but sometimes the decision is strange. I'm not QQing, but i would like to know on what datas the devs have decide the new quirks for some variants.

See you on battlefield mechwarriors! =)

Niches...I believe they try not to give quirks that encourage two similar(read class/tonnage) mechs filling the same niche.

#108 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

Firebrand gets PPC quirks instead of the K2.

I ******* called it. I:

#109 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostTorgun, on 30 October 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

I don't think it will go down that much because it's the worst mechs that get buffed most and actually show up more instead of collecting dust in mechbays.

The point of the quirks is to put 'bad mechs' (ones with a high TTK) on par with the 'good mechs' (ones with a low TTK). If all mechs become 'good mechs', TTK will go down.

It might not affect the high level comp teams that mech, but in the average PUG match (where mech composition is quite the mishmash), I suspect TTK will decrease considerably. Consider that in many cases bringing the right weapon nets a base 40% Cooldown Reduction (which can be increased to 57% with Efficiences and Modules). That's a lot of extra rounds downrange!

#110 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 30 October 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Id like to point out none of my mechs got anything remotely useful. The Raven 3L, Banshee 3E, Jager A, Shadowhawk 2k...

Literally all 5% in one thing that helps my builds.

Fortunately all my builds were already good. So...yay me. But im not complaining. Just slightly let down. Nothing on that list looks earth shattering.

You're not running AC5s in the 3E? thats rather unusual (imo AC20 build MUCH better done on the 3S due to 2x the number of energy hardpoints.. though i guess you could run a giant standard engine in the 3E, but then its just a HUGE hunchback...)

edit, i just saw the other post.. don't really get why you're running that on the 3E at all, but different strokes for different folks i guess. (id have thought the Misery, Atlas D, K or RS, or Banshee 3S would run that setup a whole lot better)

I guess for me the 3E is the only mech in the game that can run triple AC5s + backup weapons with a standard engine, so thats what i do with it lol

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 30 October 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#111 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostCavale, on 30 October 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

I ******* called it. I:

You did indeed. I admit that I chuckled when I saw it in the list.

#112 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

Cicada 2A and X5 stock loadouts are getting some significant boosts, they are going to be terrors

#113 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostArtgathan, on 30 October 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

The point of the quirks is to put 'bad mechs' (ones with a high TTK) on par with the 'good mechs' (ones with a low TTK). If all mechs become 'good mechs', TTK will go down.

It might not affect the high level comp teams that mech, but in the average PUG match (where mech composition is quite the mishmash), I suspect TTK will decrease considerably. Consider that in many cases bringing the right weapon nets a base 40% Cooldown Reduction (which can be increased to 57% with Efficiences and Modules). That's a lot of extra rounds downrange!

You're assuming though that there are a rather large amount of these bad mechs being played right now, that will after the buffs pull down TTK considerably. In reality very few of the worst mechs are used, and TTK is low now because the most effective mechs are already being used while the worse mechs are just sitting inactive in the mechbay. By improving the lower tier mechs just means the players might use a wider variety of mechs instead of the concentration we see now of the most effective killing mechs like TWs and DWs.

#114 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 30 October 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Cicada 2A and X5 stock loadouts are getting some significant boosts, they are going to be terrors

CDA-2B can boat 5 Medium Pulse with max engine and probably not come near overheating....

TDR-5SS can boat 7 Medium Pulse with max engine and armor...

Lots of pulse mechs now.
BNC-3M, BNC-La Malinche, BLM-3S, BJ-1X, CDA-2B, CN9-AL, COM-1D, DRG-Fang, FS9-A, HBK-Grid Iron, JR7-K, LCT-3M, RVN-4X, SDR-5V, STK-5S, TDR-5SS, TDR-9SE, WVR-6K

Edited by Barantor, 30 October 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#115 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostCavale, on 30 October 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

I ******* called it. I:

#116 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 October 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

You're not running AC5s in the 3E? thats rather unusual (imo AC20 build MUCH better done on the 3S due to 2x the number of energy hardpoints.. though i guess you could run a giant standard engine in the 3E, but then its just a HUGE hunchback...)

edit, i just saw the other post.. don't really get why you're running that on the 3E at all, but different strokes for different folks i guess.

Because two alphas kills everything in the game under 270m.

The increase in the DPS isnt worth the spread out alpha. Just my battlefield experience over riding the on paper plan. And the hardpoints dont matter because with a standard 400, theres no space for more than 2xLPL 2XMPL, you can do more MPL, but then you lack 6 damage at average engagement (300m) and the modules arent worth it for the only mech ive got sporting Wub. Which means it takes 3 alphas to kill (or well 2 and then another blast of something) to kill another Banshee, Battlemaster, etc, anything with 110 or more combined CT armor and IS.

If I lose any damage to ST or range, you get to live another 4 seconds. Thats not acceptable. I need everything that can endanger me dead in 7 seconds. If its not. Im dead sooner rather than later. Dires and Atlases, I just let someone else damage the CT, then swoop in, bang bang, youre dead. Move on.

My philosophy with assaults, is all PPFLD in the fastest time, with the least spread. So I want that 20 damage going right where I want it, right on time. Not the two AC5 belting stuff out all over the place. I want that 53.6 damage, right into your CT, then I twist, then its 53.6 right in your CT again, and youre dead. Dakka means I have to stare at you and you can be belting my CT.

Edited by KraftySOT, 30 October 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#117 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Dragon Flame makes me so sad :(

#118 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Also to make sure I dont get my kills stolen, whittling down with two AC5s.

The AC20 is a nice coup de grace against almost any undamaged internal structure.

#119 DeRazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

Wolverine 6K firing 3x Large Pulse every 2.5 seconds for 30 points of damage up to 500m and Max Range 1000m. Nasty.

#120 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 30 October 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

Because two alphas kills everything in the game under 270m.

The increase in the DPS isnt worth the spread out alpha. Just my battlefield experience over riding the on paper plan. And the hardpoints dont matter because with a standard 400, theres no space for more than 2xLPL 2XMPL, you can do more MPL, but then you lack 6 damage at average engagement (300m) and the modules arent worth it for the only mech ive got sporting Wub. Which means it takes 3 alphas to kill (or well 2 and then another blast of something) to kill another Banshee, Battlemaster, etc, anything with 110 or more combined CT armor and IS.

If I lose any damage to ST or range, you get to live another 4 seconds. Thats not acceptable. I need everything that can endanger me dead in 7 seconds. If its not. Im dead sooner rather than later. Dires and Atlases, I just let someone else damage the CT, then swoop in, bang bang, youre dead. Move on.

My philosophy with assaults, is all PPFLD in the fastest time, with the least spread. So I want that 20 damage going right where I want it, right on time. Not the two AC5 belting stuff out all over the place. I want that 53.6 damage, right into your CT, then I twist, then its 53.6 right in your CT again, and youre dead. Dakka means I have to stare at you and you can be belting my CT.

AH, thats the only reason i could think of, running a giant standard engine.. still for me if you're putting a standard 400 in a 95 ton mech you'd be much better off running a heavy with a reasonable sized engine and the same firepower and speed, but smaller hitboxes.

But its good that people dont all agree, or youd only see one build on the maps ever

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 30 October 2014 - 08:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users