Full List Of Mech Quirks From The Test Server.

244 replies to this topic

#81 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

I'm slightly sad that CTF-1X didn't get any specific Large Laser buff. :(

Let's hope the Grasshopper will get them.

View PostTB Xiomburg, on 30 October 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Disagree, to boot, the 733 has Jump Jets to get to areas those two cannot. Also, the 733 can support 4 LRM 15s easily and have the ammo to support it. The owe two do not have that.

From what I have built, 8R can have 1620 ammo for Quad ALRM15s and 2320 ammo for regular Quad LRM15s, plus 2ML and TAG.

As a long time Lurmander-733 owner and using it to reach #14 in the Highlander tourney during the poptart heyday, I know the 733 has few crucial weakness, such as severe lack of back up weapons (only 1 ML vs 2 ML of 8R and 3 ML of 1S), and requires at least 2 JJs (4 tons!) to reach even the lowest level of platforms.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 October 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#82 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

now that i looked through the list and I am kinda disappointed. I can see how people were worried that they'd pretty much force weapons or builds on people in a way. Why would you not want to take advantage of these..

I wish they were more generic and not just for specific weapon types.

Look at somethng like the KTO-18, they just want you to LRM it

i think the quirks should have been both positive and negative and used in a way to balance mechs more than just nerfing the crap out of the weapons in general.

#83 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:16 AM

After careful review... I think the hottest add was the PPC velocity buffs ;)

#84 SubXulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 30 October 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

Poor Battlemasters and their nerfs. They don't need them.

Indeed :(

#85 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 30 October 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

now that i looked through the list and I am kinda disappointed. I can see how people were worried that they'd pretty much force weapons or builds on people in a way. Why would you not want to take advantage of these..

I wish they were more generic and not just for specific weapon types.

Look at somethng like the KTO-18, they just want you to LRM it

i think the quirks should have been both positive and negative and used in a way to balance mechs more than just nerfing the crap out of the weapons in general.

They give you compounding options on it... (which I really can't argue against)

Example: KTO-18
Put a missile system (SRM or LRM) and get a Missle Cooldown of 7.5%
  • Missle Cooldown of 7.5%
  • Missle Heat Gen of -7.5%
Yet if you want to stay closer to the "Stock-ish" build.... you get more weapon specific perks...
  • LRM5 Cooldown of 7.5%
  • LRM5 Heat Gen of -7.5%
Overall, if I am not an LRM ( and sticking to the *meta / 5 star mechspecs.com builds* fan) and put SRMs on it, you are still get better stats then you had and it is upping the functionality of the mech....

I want to see this in action before I make any final decision... but right now I think it all looks positive..

This is called Enticement... and I approve it's usage!

Edited by Creovex, 30 October 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#86 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostFDJustin, on 30 October 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

Neat. Looks like I'll have to switch from the FS9-K to the FS9-A though. I'll be sad not being the only SPL boat anymore though. ;p

I run SPL on all my Firestarters, they are wicked!

#87 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

is this a full list?i thought i had read somewhere they were reducing a catapults amount of torso turn (the best thing about a catapult)

#88 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Not bad overall, but not as nice as I initially thought. I feel some mechs should be in different categories and as such receive different quirks but this is an initial pass and is subject to change. For example shouldn't the Orion-K be the brawler of the bunch with the AC20 buffs? Even than, its not the end of the world but I will have a lot of tinkering to do.

However, I do have an issue with one quirk type in particular: SRM range. As is, they're basically useless out to 270 meters because of their slow projectile velocity and spread. So some mechs get a range boost for SRMs... sure it isn't like they're getting a nerf but its also feels kind of like a pointless buff. My proposition for a future pass on these quirks is to change the SRM range buffs to velocity buffs. A 25% increase puts the projectile speed at 375 m/s which should make a good difference.

Edit: One more thing, just for the consistency's sake I find it strange that some mechs are getting buffs based on their stock load-outs while others are getting more MWO-build oriented buffs. Sure the utility of some mechs is way different here than in TT/Lore but it just seems like they could have decided to go one way or the other, not both and depending on the mech. Oh well.

Edited by Napes339, 30 October 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#89 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

I don't intend to change any of my setup for the new quirks.

At the end of the day, I play a lot of stock mechs with SHS. If I can manage that, these quirks does nothing much to me.

Good move though but it may end up hindering IS mechs in the long run.

#90 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

Im a fan of these perks! nice work PGI!

#91 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

I like what I am seeing and overall look to be a great first pass on the IS quirks! Some might need a little adjustment in the future but a good start.

#92 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

As the bnc-3e banshee is like, the only mech I have that I didn't spend all my money returning to stock, I'm pretty happy. Ppl velocity would have been cool, but I'll take the 10% less heat for them.q

#93 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Sparky reduced energy/ML heat and faster energy/ML cooldowns makes me a happy Panda.

#94 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostDocBach, on 30 October 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

As the bnc-3e banshee is like, the only mech I have that I didn't spend all my money returning to stock, I'm pretty happy. Ppl velocity would have been cool, but I'll take the 10% less heat for them.q

Been playing the 3E a lot lately... very happy to see the quirks for it. I won't have to change a thing. :D

Edited by DarthPeanut, 30 October 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#95 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

Not sure of the logic behind some of these quirks, but I am sure of one thing: TTK IS ABOUT TO GO WAY DOWN

#96 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostZeriniel, on 30 October 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

Yes, quirks stack. Love my BLR-1G(P) as it is, going to love it even more now. Still wish they got rid of the torso nerfs.
also, its 14 armor on each arm.

Hmm could have sworn it said torso but maybe that is just what I wanted to see. Stil it has big enough arms that your can protect your torso very well with them so still a good benefit even if it isn't the one I would have liked to see.

Still if everything stacks, I will be dropping 7 heat off my alpha load and ML range goes up to 324m (350ish with range module). That is going to be a very, very significant upgrade for me and my build.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 30 October 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#97 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

Have to turn back into mad scientist mode, to see what I want to do with load outs. The quirks look good so far. Still seems like a couple of mechs could use additional quirks, but I guess this is a WIP have to see how this all plays out...

#98 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostArtgathan, on 30 October 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Not sure of the logic behind some of these quirks, but I am sure of one thing: TTK IS ABOUT TO GO WAY DOWN

I don't think it will go down that much because it's the worst mechs that get buffed most and actually show up more instead of collecting dust in mechbays.

#99 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

I like this changes all of tham I dont care becouze I will need to change few mech setups to hit full potential but I will still use some of my setups that doesnt take advantage of full quirks.My AWS 8Q will mostly still run full pulse build.My AWS 9M will use PPCs with zombie lasres as he does.My JM6 S will get back to good old AC5 build.I m curious how will Locusts run now 1 have 1 will buy soon other 2.

Now is it only me thinking that this changes will push IS mechs slightly to overperform many Claners ?

#100 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

I think brawling will be back on the rise. I am slightly disappointed on the 8Q's PPC quirk vs the 9M ERPPC. I'm going to have to switch my builds around.

It'll be nice to see some different builds forming around these tweaks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users