- - - - -

Community Warfare Update - Nov 5 - Feedback

117 replies to this topic

#21 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

It sounds to me like the intentionally-left-in means of abusing the system will be:

Player wants freedom to play any faction - so they create 8 alt accounts, and each alt account creates a merc group and joins one of the factions. Then the player just jumps from one merc to the next depending upon which faction they want to fight for.

I'm not sure what the costs are for setting up a Merc Group - but I'd bet it's MC.

#22 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:11 AM

Regarding the illustration, will 3PV be disabled for Community Warfare as it used to be in the 12v12 queue (I have no idea if even the current group queue has it disabled)?

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 06 November 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#23 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:12 AM

Are there long term items to achieve if permanently contracting with one house?

Say I contract with the FWL, is it going to take a year(real time) to gain the LP to get the top rewards or are non-permanent merc units going to be able to get the same things I got in a couple of months of contract?

#24 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

Here is an interesting question: What if a Unit leader or member decides to stop playing the game and just abandons their account, gets their self banned? Or worse yet, a unit member or leader dies in real life. We are an aging group after all. Will the unit membership / ownership automatically be reset or disbanded after so much time of account inactivity?

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 06 November 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#25 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

Are there any plans to include a distinction between merc corps and houses? Both with unique pros and cons?

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:40 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 06 November 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Are there any plans to include a distinction between merc corps and houses? Both with unique pros and cons?

^
this, very important question

Edited by CyclonerM, 06 November 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#27 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

DARNIT! I posted my feedback in the wrong thread but don't have time to write it. Just go here to read it if you're interested Paul.

#28 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:04 AM

Hail Lord Thad, Defender of Variety!

#29 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:18 AM

Are there going to be limits put into to prevent players from leaving a unit in one faction and joining a unit in another faction? Without some sort of limit players can easily and rapidly change factions by joining and leaving units. My suggestion would be locking a leaving unit member into a [2] week contract for the faction that there unit is currently aligned with and prevent them from joining a unit in a different faction. The player can drop and immediately join another unit in the same faction. If the unit is between contracts, unit members can immediately drop and join another unit in any faction with no wait.

#30 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostWM Deejay, on 06 November 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

I might be dumb But When will Phase 2 be active...
or can we get an estimate on the month at least please...

December 16th patch if there are no issues.

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 06 November 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Here is an interesting question: What if a Unit leader or member decides to stop playing the game and just abandons their account, gets their self banned? Or worse yet, a unit member or leader dies in real life. We are an aging group after all. Will the unit membership / ownership automatically be reset or disbanded after so much time of account inactivity?

This is a very important question. WoW (and Rift) actually handle this pretty well, as anyone with an inactive account is able to be kicked by the next lower person(s) and they can then assume control of the unit.

View PostKay Wolf, on 06 November 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

PGI =/= listening.

Not listening to you does not mean they are not listening. There is an important distinction there.

#31 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

I'm excited for the new maps. Has there been any brainstorming on creating cw compatible maps based on the existing ones. Also, will we see any enhancements to the battle map or in game ui to help coordinate combat

#32 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ejection footage? You mentioned you might sneak us a peak.
Posted Image
Is there a minimum damage threshold before you can eject? Ie internal structure must be exposed on at least one torso and remaining% must be less than 60 or something?

#33 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

LOL Loved the Knight Rider remark!

#34 Semper Fi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe Great North West of US

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

I got the Unit stuff, no problem, but some questions around Commanders going MIA is something that should be addressed.
Loyalty I get as well, however I am interested in when that loyalty starts? (Do I put the medallion in my cockpit kind of thing today?)

I am more interested in the weight limits (240 a little low, maybe 255) currently, and the ability/timing to field all 48 mechs in a 12 man.
Will there be a (3/3/3/3) rule in play during the campaign? (only 3 lights, 3 meds, 3 heavies, 3 assault on the field for one team)
Confirm you HAVE to bring 4 mechs that fit in the weight limit?
Is there random spots you are being dropped off when selecting a new mech to rejoin the campaign or do you have a selection opportunity of a location?
Is there going to be tools to help you decide what to bring into a drop? (such as a weight counter, equipment load out of all mechs, priority setting for mechs to be dropped)?

Is there going to be a lobby and time to get people over to a TeamSpeak Server, or coordinate mech dropping sequence?
Someone else mentioned new UI or improved UI to help coordinate with folks, such as if you are a small group helping and not on the same Comms as others. Especially important if there is not a lobby and time to coordinate?

Semper FI

#35 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Great new that there may be a 2nd Invasion map for launch. Playing the same map for every CW match ... man, that sounds lik a great way to leach all the fun right out of things.

#36 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the update Paul.

I do have a question for you. As I've now heard the "permanent" faction alignment come up a few times now.

What are the currently planed parameters for this permanent faction alignment? Does this mean that when you opt into this faction role, there are zero chances to EVER be able to change your faction alignment on your account?

What will that mean if you wish to join another "unit" that is not currently aligned to your faction?

Will that mean that if you start a unit, there is no way for you to create a unit aligned to another faction?

What if a year or two down the road, you just want something different and want to look at other factions?

In these cases, would you be "SOL" or is there some kind of way to denounce your permanent faction alignment if you do not wish to be apart of it anymore for whatever reason?

#37 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

Good update. Any word on bug fixes and/or UI upgrades prior to CW? Seeing 1-2 disconnects, getting stuck on a bump in the map in one of the fps drop zones would be really disheartening after such a build up. Let's get a really active public/private test cycle going and make a super smooth release. :)

Ever considered implementing a real content solution rather than relying on forums? I think we desperately need a real FAQ system and centralized data collection. Posting on the forums isn't good if you are saying something of interest to the entire player base. That stuff needs to be collated, preferably automatically, and presented in a single easily indexed location that isn't several clicks deep. So that good questions and your answers won't be situated in between two posts talking about your mother's chassis, for example. There are free and cheap options available, and even better, the community would probably make one for you.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 06 November 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#38 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

That comic was hilarious Paul. Thanks for the updates on CW and the new direction PGI has taken in regards to communicating with your community.

I have a question in regards to drop tonnage for an individual players deck. Is the 140-240 tons with 4 mechs required still the current vision? Is there any talk of this shifting for any reason? I know it has been basically gone over already but as CW release draws closer I would like to start thinking about building my clan and IS CW drop decks. I do not own many clan mechs yet, and if this number shifts, it might affect which clan mechs I will buy, and clan mechs are pricey. I am going to need to start grinding for them now lol.

#39 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 05 November 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

The current IS Map you see in the client has been updated both graphically and interactively. The rendering engineers have put a lot of extra hours into this and it's paying off very well. Can you have a sneak peek? That will depend on who wins an arm wrestle between Russ and myself. I'd like to keep some stuff under wraps for the big reveal when Phase 2 goes live.
I mean this is the nicest most nonthreatening way possible when I say I hope you break your arm so that Russ is guaranteed the win. :P

#40 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 344 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

I have a problem with Faction unlocks being only Faction specific. If you spend the time grinding to unlock a mech skin then that skin should be yours anytime you want it regardless of what your Faction is.
Now that being said,I do not have a problem if you can unlock Faction Skins that you can use anytime AND the much harder to get Faction only skins. That way a more casual grind to get a skin you can sport anytime and a more hard core grind for a skin to show your loyalty to that Faction.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users