General

225 replies to this topic

#141 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

lel mudhut. No one farms solo queue in the way you think. The best way to farm the solo queue is actually solo.

#142 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 07 November 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

You admit to synch dropping above with your unit in solo but have the nerve to be upset I call you a farmer.

No, we play solo and make 0 attempt to sync up. ALL we do is chat to each other. ALL ts is used for when we do this is talking about non mwo things. How does that make me a farmer?
You also asked for honesty, I gave you it and you called me silly for that. Is there any wonder you get so much stick?

Pus there seems to be such a massive "chip on shoulder" attitude on display....people suggesting anyone who voices concerns about it are "anti social" (ironic much?) and calling anyone who makes friends in game farmers.....EH?
One of you went as far as the "don't presume to speak for us" well my friend, you are presuming a lot for a lot of other people too!

I mean, Mudhut accusing me of "admitting" we sync drop-no we don't! half the people on our TS are not even in MWO LOL! Because us "anti social" groupers still want to chat to each other even when we are not in game.....

This is madness guys. you can't have everything to cater to solo play all the time, especially so with multi player (!) online games that need co-operation to work well. So let's compromise aye?
The sad thing is , most of us grouper/farmers/evil men agree with you......yet you keep bashing us, why?

Edited by kamiko kross, 07 November 2014 - 05:32 AM.

#143 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

When I play, I don't always drop in one match after another, so jumping on TS is a non-starter when I don't have time to devote to committing to a group. When I drop into a single match solo, being able to communicate with voice would be great.

All the complaints about not wanting to hear kids, stoners, drunks, etc....are apparently being made by people who honestly believe that they're the only mature, intelligent, and tactically savvy player out of the 12 guys on their team.

You can keep your command rose. You don't want to listen to people talk or communicate, because apparently they're all losers and whiners, but you'd trust one of them to issue sane and reasonable instructions via a command rose? Hope you have a really fast connection, good computer, and low-ping so you can enter the match first and seize company command, otherwise you're in for a bit of an awakening.

#144 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

These are the facts:

1) Teamwork to any meaningful degree in this game is impossible without voice chat. Typing is suicide, and while a command rose would improve the current situation, in order to be able to convey all the things you’d need to it would have to be hopelessly overcomplicated.
2) It is impossible to know who will be on your team in a match in the solo queue prior to ~1 minute before game start, meaning a 3rd party solution will not work.

Given those 2 facts (you can dispute them if you’d like, but you’ll be wrong), if we wish to see actual teamwork in the solo queue then the only option is integrated Voip where everyone on the same team autoloads into the same channel. Obviously there would need to be the option to disable it and to individually mute people.

Therefore the people against integrated voip are against teamwork in the solo queue, for whatever reason.

#145 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 November 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

These are the facts:

1) Teamwork to any meaningful degree in this game is impossible without voice chat. Typing is suicide, and while a command rose would improve the current situation, in order to be able to convey all the things you’d need to it would have to be hopelessly overcomplicated.
2) It is impossible to know who will be on your team in a match in the solo queue prior to ~1 minute before game start, meaning a 3rd party solution will not work.

Given those 2 facts (you can dispute them if you’d like, but you’ll be wrong), if we wish to see actual teamwork in the solo queue then the only option is integrated Voip where everyone on the same team autoloads into the same channel And has a bit of maturity as well. Obviously there would need to be the option to disable it and to individually mute people.

Therefore the people against integrated voip are against teamwork in the solo queue, for whatever reason.
Ok. Now that looks better. I haven't run into a immature player on NG:NG or ComStar:NA But I am sure they are out there.

#146 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 05 November 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Because it's unpayed work, PGI can't sell it with MC so it won't happen.

So mechs are unpaid(you're welcome) work? They sure do dump a lot of time in to them.

#147 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 November 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Ok. Now that looks better. I haven't run into a immature player on NG:NG or ComStar:NA But I am sure they are out there.

Obviously player maturity is an issue, which is why invdividual mute buttons would need to be included, but some people being idiots is no reason not to include it.

It would be like not selling cars because someone might have a crash

#148 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 07 November 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

I solo pug 100% of the time. I want in game voip. I think most pug players want in game voip. I think there is a VERY small minority that is extremely vocal that doesn't want in game voip. Unfortunately, the higher percentage of actual players of MWO don't even check into the forums much, if at all. If you'll recall the huge dust up over game modes going to a "soft" choice after a a "forum vote"? Then all hell broke loose when the actual full player base found out about it?

Live in game voice chat is a basic foundation for coordination in a team based game. It is INSANE that it isn't available already. Personally, I think this game should have never left closed beta without it. So they tried it once, and it failed... well, make a better one. It's not that hard.

I so very much get it that some of you vocal, screaming group/unit boys don't want it. Fine. Disable it. Just like 3rd person view. Disable it, and move on. Nothing to see here.

But for most of us PUGgers, we want it. Don't presume to speak for us. Some on here say that they NEVER PUG. Fine, I get that. Then take your keys off of your keyboard about what will help in the PUG Q.

I also can't help but wonder if the majority of the blow back from units is they will lose the main recruitment tool they have to get members to join them. "Hey, join our unit, we have TS3 servers", etc, etc,

Just something I wonder about.

In short. I PUG. All the time. And I want in game voip.

Thanks for reading.

you know that's difficult to prove or backup the facts.
first it's reasonable to say, those who check forums and stuff, care about MWO so "they" represent the Majority of the playerbase.

it request some logic thinking, but it's a pure fact, most people on this forum that drop solo do not wanna have VOIP
and those people that drop in group "already" are in TS/Vent whatever.

#149 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostMandyB, on 05 November 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Because people are immature, and right now people can be reported for typing offensive stuff. If you can talk in game there would be no record of what was said, which would encourage immature and offensive behavior.

We can't, and shouldn't live our lives in fear of what a small group of people might do.
This goes for more than just Voice-Chats in a game.

#150 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 05 November 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Because it's unpayed work, PGI can't sell it with MC so it won't happen.

True but if we had a TS/C3 compatible bridge program with automatic lobbies created with games as they happen we could all use the features of TS whether it's the mute button or whatever. Package that, sell it for MC and let's roll?

View PostFut, on 07 November 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

We can't, and shouldn't live our lives in fear of what a small group of people might do.
This goes for more than just Voice-Chats in a game.

Exactly, and anyone old enough to play this game should be able to cope.

#151 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostNick86, on 07 November 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

True but if we had a TS/C3 compatible bridge program with automatic lobbies created with games as they happen we could all use the features of TS whether it's the mute button or whatever. Package that, sell it for MC and let's roll?

Exactly, and anyone old enough to play this game should be able to cope.

how about let those people "buy" those how wanna have VOIP, i have no trouble with that.
lets say 750 MC.

Edited by Abisha, 07 November 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#152 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostAbisha, on 07 November 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

you know that's difficult to prove or backup the facts.
first it's reasonable to say, those who check forums and stuff, care about MWO so "they" represent the Majority of the playerbase.

it request some logic thinking, but it's a pure fact, most people on this forum that drop solo do not wanna have VOIP
and those people that drop in group "already" are in TS/Vent whatever.

But WHY don't they want it, when they could turn it off? It's a rhetorical question because there is only one possible reason - they feel it will allow people to work together and they won't be included, because they cannot face being on voice chat for some reason, thus disadvantaging them. That is pure selfishness

#153 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 November 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

But WHY don't they want it, when they could turn it off? It's a rhetorical question because there is only one possible reason - they feel it will allow people to work together and they won't be included, because they cannot face being on voice chat for some reason, thus disadvantaging them. That is pure selfishness

funny you say "selfishness" have you ever considered how many of the world population can't even write or speak English in the first place?. the true will shock you beyond your imagination.

#154 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 November 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Only possible reason? You keep getting told the reason over and over, it cost money to develop and run what is essentialy duplicating a free system which is available to anyone. It would require extra staff to maintain and moderate and take focus away from developing new content. There is only one possible reason you keep ignoring this point...

#155 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 November 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

If everyone will have the mute button on...why have it?

Because not *everyone* will have it on.
Groups of less than 12 that want to have one VOIP solution will have it off.
Maybe that's not you even though you said you don't play less than 8 mans because you can't coordinate (carry) in group queue when in groups smaller than 8. Something that would be solved with something like, oh, I don't know - integrated VOIP where everyone on a team is using the same channels?

Edited by EgoSlayer, 07 November 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#156 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

View Postgirl on fire, on 06 November 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Well, if the great and mighty Gyrok won't use it. clearly it's entirely worthless for everyone. I MEAN, why should he have to mute people? Can't we see how selfish we all are by wanting something Gyrok won't use and thereby have zero issues with?

Protip: Not everyone is an insufferable jerk with delusions of grandeur like you. there is literally no reason not to want this.. You won't use it? Fine. That's your (ignorant) prerogative. You don't want to hear people? Fine mute them. What's the point if YOU have everyone muted? YOU'RE STILL ON A TEAM WITH 10+ PEOPLE WHO MAY BE USING IT.

if you have them muted then whether or not VOIP exists should, logically, be irrelevant to you, i.e. you should neither be for or against it. Oh, but no, that would just make too much sense and you can't be an emotional ****** without a ginormous sense of entitlement with rational thought patterns.

Considering this game is full of geniuses of your caliber, you fill several of the criteria I outlined as to why most people would mute you. Besides, in group queue, no one is ever not on their own teamspeak server. So, in essence this would likely get implemented for 3-6 pugs per side in solo queue only.

I would prefer, rather than cater to a minority of people who are predominantly self entitled morons anyway, why not get things like ACTUAL GAME FEATURES put into the game. I would rather see something useful, not already provided by the community for others, put in. Spend programmer time on important stuff like MASC. Not waste it on some bs 3rd party voip plugin that less than half the playerbase will likely ever use.

GGclose for trying, now go do something productive.

#157 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 November 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

Awesome, Your admitting you dont do solo but still dont want solo's to have voip. Method to my madness, enjoy the shame.

Honestly, I feel it is a waste of already limited programmer time. Plus, anyone who has played a game with in game voip understands that you end up on teamspeak anyway because the quality sucks, and for every person trying to be productive using it, you get 3 trolls like you making it worthless. So...I am not opposed to solo queue having it, but they already do now and do not use it. Teamspeak is a free download and comstar is open 24/7. Yet, no pugs go use it? Why would in game comms full of tards spewing acid and venom be more appealing? The answer is, it would not.

Edited by Gyrok, 07 November 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#158 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

Multiplayer team based game without VOIP makes no sense. It should be the 3rd item on the list of important things to integrate.
I use TS and Raidcall but I want voice chat integrated with the game so I can play some matches with solo droppers. Heightened realism and immersion should be important and VOIP would give us that.

Omitting an integral part of every multiplayer game played today has been a bad choice on PGI's part.

Quality of VOIP on iR is just as good as TS and RC.

Edited by CygnusX7, 07 November 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#159 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 07 November 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

I honestly do not understand why people are so rabidly against this, when there would obviously be an on/off button... it just comes across as

"im an easily offended anti social type who would never use it, and i can't stand the thought other people might be able to work as a team in this team game"

typing is a totally useless method of comms in a game like this, even if it was implemented better than it is.. typing in combat is literal suicide... so in a pug game when i see johnny atlas with a big Narc symbol on his head, flailing around trying to figure who has LOS on him, i leave him to his fate as stopping to type would get ME killed.. if i had Voip i could just say "hey mate, you're narced, find cover" while still moving/firing..

its not needed for the group queue, as 100% of groups are on 3rd party Voip anyway (if i get invited to a group in game, first thing i do is ask what TS/vent server they are on.. if they say they aren't on any i quietly click 'leave group') but its required for the PUG queue to advance beyond the most rudimentary 'follow the blue arrows' type of teamwork.

People who don't want it are selfish tards. that simple.

Because that dev time can be better spent on something to benefit everyone. We still have maps with invisible hit boxes that are proportionally meters off line of sight. But voip is more important?

No. Fix the game first. Worry about catering to the solo queue later. Besides, if comms come in game, they can merge the queues back so you solo players can face 12 mans again.

#160 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 07 November 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

lel mudhut. No one farms solo queue in the way you think. The best way to farm the solo queue is actually solo.

THAT

STOCK VOIP, WHY NOT ?

because, people less than 25

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users