Dev Vlog #10

222 replies to this topic

#41 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

Please can we have some of the swamp map concept art released as hi definition wallpaper.

Thumbs up for a nice vlog. :)

#42 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

Nice map, nice art direction with the deathworld take on it (monsters and such). Would be interesting if the atmospherics were such that lock was reduced by 1/3 or so...require more visual scanning!

#43 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

Greetings all,

Good show for Dennis in the direction and details for this new map, 'Viridian Bog'.
- Wonder if that last second image of the 'creature' will set off the seismic sensor?
- Do any of the Fauna cause 'collision' effects with weapon ordinance? (besides the mentioned 'tree trunks'?)

The two new Hero Mech's 'Pirates Bain' and 'Grey Death' look great, now to just see how they will function in the game.
- ECM Locust will cause quite a stir.

Can't wait to try out this map for all it's interesting 'spots' and locations that will eventually become the places to be at when working the terrain.

9erRed

#44 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

Guess I will give you more money, Think I'm closing in on close to $1,500. Everything is looking good. Enjoying all the new stuff, interaction with us is great. My wish list is pretty small now.
1. clan wars
2. carbon fiber paint job
3. module interface to swap around easier
4. 1v1 ladder system and or 2v2 etc.
5. Blood ASP? if I can have get me an Executioner with out MASC I'll make it work.
6. when you re do maps make hit boxes on terrain and objects ALOT better then they are now. lots of areas to snipe through peak holes where you can see the enemy mech but cant hit them.

Edited by LordLosh, 16 November 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#45 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

View Postmechbane, on 16 November 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

Greyson at last! GIMME!

His name is Grayson, the character was created by an American. ;-)

#46 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

I want to whine about the locust with ecm... yes it is a bit of pay to win, but I cannot honestly complain about the little insect.l The ecm is the only reason the locust is worth anything, they take a very specific type of pilot and too few of our locust pilots fit the bill, maybe the ecm will help them to not suck

#47 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

Dennis, I’m really glad to hear about your interest in revisiting old maps. As a solo queue player that’s a topic that is really important to me and I’m relieved to hear there is someone at PGI who is going to try and push for it. I know CW is the new sexy (and it should be) but the solo map set really needs some TLC too.

#48 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostKevjack, on 16 November 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

Man 'Decision at Thunder Rift' was my very first Battletech book, when I was kid in like '92. I knew nothing of the universe but my dad had us at the book store and said he'd buy any book for me. I wondered the aisle and was drawn to the awesome "robots" on this whole section of shelves. I picked DaTR because the Marauder looks so cool.

Needless to say, I've been hooked on Battletech ever since.

My experience was similar, although I had gotten into the game earlier than the books. But it was Decision at Thunder Rift that turned the game from "Car Wars with robots" into a vibrant, living world... with a few rule-lawyer-y nitpicks (overheating a Locust? Shadowhawk shoulder-roll?). I still re-read the Grey Death books when I'm trying to get my MechWarrior on; better than the Warrior series, anyways :)

New map looked kinda small on the Map view, though that's hardly indicative of it's actual size or "feel". Gorgeous, though, and I'm glad to hear Dennis is getting sick of desert worlds as well. Giant Death Worm is a cool and unique bit of scenery :)

Edited by SilentSooYun, 16 November 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#49 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 16 November 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

Nice!

I coincidentally just so happened to have read "Decision at Thunder Rift" a couple days ago, and started reading "Mercenary's Star" today. Then to watch this and see Grayson and Lori represented in MWO! Badass PGI! I love it!

P.S. The new map looks slick. Can't wait to try it out.

check this out from MW:LL. It was a helluva lot of fun.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 16 November 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#50 Bullit

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

Oh my god. A heromech shadowhawk and even the gray death legion version. I just got the "Decision at thunder rift" book as a B-Day present to complete my Gray Death Saga. This is like hershey's sirup on my chocolate ice cream!!!

#51 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

Looks fantastic.

PGI 2.0 are saying and showing the right things. Just one month left to see if they can deliver.

#52 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 16 November 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

check this out from MW:LL. It was a helluva lot of fun.

nice ;)

#53 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

Good stuff, but please tell Dennis to speak into the mic next time. ;)

#54 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostKevjack, on 16 November 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

Man 'Decision at Thunder Rift' was my very first Battletech book, when I was kid in like '92. I knew nothing of the universe but my dad had us at the book store and said he'd buy any book for me. I wondered the aisle and was drawn to the awesome "robots" on this whole section of shelves. I picked DaTR because the Marauder looks so cool.

Needless to say, I've been hooked on Battletech ever since.

It was my first BT book as well, have probably read it 20 times since. So I enjoyed doing this video for sure :)

Edited by Bombadil, 16 November 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#55 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

some people seem to forget that trees are not that easy to take down with mechs...
in fact, running a mech into a tree that massive as they are in viridian bog is going to wreck the mech more than the tree.

really love that new map =) all those little moths.. awesome stuff.

to the people that maon about the scaling: this is a planet in space. creatures bigger than mechs can occur even in reality when we are able to explore other planets ;) we didnt even discover our earthly rainforest to 100%. im sure there are alot of creepy things inside there and most trees will make a battlemech look like toys.

#56 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

Love the increased VLOG frequency. Splitting them up into smaller segments is a great way to maintain buzz and keep people watching the forums week to week.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 16 November 2014 - 09:32 AM.

#57 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostBombadil, on 16 November 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

It was my first BT book as well, have probably read it 20 times since. So I enjoyed doing this video for sure :)

Great job mate. You've brought a lot to the mix for PGI.

#58 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

This is giving me restless mech syndrome.

#59 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostBombadil, on 16 November 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

'Sword and the Dagger' was the first BT novel that I read (which lead to my longtime service to House Davion in TT), but 'Decision at Thunder Rift' had to be the second or third.

Edited by Ed Steele, 16 November 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#60 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Good Stuff Dennis and team!!!

Hey, about redoing the "old maps", for starters, try a cheap and quick (min man hours for PGI workers) just EXTEND THE OUT OF BOUNDS on some maps to allow more Flanking movement and helps to mix things up, instead of the typical boring and PREDICTABLE gameplay on maps like Crimson Strait.
Where is, you ONLY have to worry about "the saddle" and "the tunnel", how about extending the out of bounds of areas like "E4-E5, F4-F5,G3-G4," etc for example???

-HPG manifold:
extend out of bounds in areas "H4-H5,G5-G6,F5-F6,E6-E7,C2-C3-C4,B3,A3-A4"???

IMHO, I think doing so will create more interesting matches, also help give mechs with max JJ's an advantage, players will have to keep an eye out for inc enemies from MORE angles instead of what us players are soooo used too right now the way maps are!!!

Edited by BlackDeathLegion, 16 November 2014 - 10:36 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users