#10061 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostCimarb, on 27 December 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

I am proud to see all the Ghost Bear logos popping up, but I am also saddened that everyone seems to be "jumping on the bandwagon"... I was hoping to have a CW that actually lasted a year or so... /sigh <_<

MechWarrior Cimarb, we are simply seeing them see the lovely ght and wisdom in the actions of Clan Ghost Bear, and they are willingly submitting themselves to our Freebirth clusters.

#10062 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

My unit just resigned with the FRR for another month.

#10063 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 December 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

they are. SO I can't drop CW unless I break contract and leave my unit.

There ARE the trial mechs... :unsure:

#10064 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 27 December 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

My unit just resigned with the FRR for another month.

Thank you to your honorable unit. I look forward to fighting you (whatever unit you are with) <o

#10065 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 27 December 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

There ARE the trial mechs... :unsure:

eh.

NO.

#10066 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostCimarb, on 27 December 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

I am proud to see all the Ghost Bear logos popping up, but I am also saddened that everyone seems to be "jumping on the bandwagon"... I was hoping to have a CW that actually lasted a year or so... /sigh <_<

And thus I left my unit. Rather PUG for the IS than ride the Clan "Meta's" jockstrap.

#10067 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostCimarb, on 27 December 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

Thank you to your honorable unit. I look forward to fighting you (whatever unit you are with) <o

Just some people from another website that happen to play. I don't think we even have 12 members. Mostly it's solo drops, but sometimes we get a few people together and drop.

It's a bit funny actually. I'm more of a Federated Suns sorta person, another is Fed-Com. Another is a Capellan, and I think another is Kuritan. So we sorta picked the FRR as a neutral compromise.

Edited by ShadowbaneX, 27 December 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#10068 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 27 December 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Just some people from another website that happen to play. I don't think we even have 12 members. Mostly it's solo drops, but sometimes we get a few people together and drop.

It's a bit funny actually. I'm more of a Federated Suns sorta person, another is Fed-Com. Another is a Capellan, and I think another is Kuritan. So we sorta picked the FRR as a neutral compromise.

important part is you're not "hur hur hur clamz"

#10069 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 December 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

important part is you're not "hur hur hur clamz"

Yeah, no worry about that. Can't stand the Clans and the Clanners. Frikken fanboys.

#10070 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

Just an FYI, but not all people that are Clan are fanboys, or idiots. I could say the same thing about people that name themselves with a famous Lyran noble family name, or that put an X in their name, because they could not come up with something more original, but I choose to value each individual player by their merits, not something as shallow as generalization...

#10071 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostCimarb, on 27 December 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

Just an FYI, but not all people that are Clan are fanboys, or idiots. I could say the same thing about people that name themselves with a famous Lyran noble family name, or that put an X in their name, because they could not come up with something more original, but I choose to value each individual player by their merits, not something as shallow as generalization...

Unclinch your panties Cim.

Ain't pointed at all the Clan players, just the meta fanbois jumping to the clans "cuz Twolf huehuehue". For one thing, I do happen to have a clan account, if you recall? And in it, i don't drop IS. In this account, I don't drop Clan, period. This CW drop clan one week as a unit, drop IS the next is pretty immersion killing, and IMO, boring and lame. Thus when my IS Merc Unit decided to "chase the meta" (which is silly, as clans really ain't the meta, with IS quirks, both factions are very viable.... but everyone wants to believe LORDs wins because Clan Mechs, I guess) I decided to part ways.

You take forum chatter way too serious dude.

#10072 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostCimarb, on 27 December 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

That's fair, but those that are fanboys are especially bad. They'll come in with the usual BS from the games or the novels, sprout off all this drivel, act like unparalleled ******* and then try to cover it up with some excuse or another.

I've seen very similar behaviour in the WW2 game Red Orchestra that pitted the Russians vs. the Germans. In this game they flocked to the Germans side typically because they had better equipment.

There are those that play the clans because the clans have better equipment and kick more ass than anyone else. Find another faction that would come down and kick the clan's collective posterior and I'm sure you'd find that many of them would jump ship rather quickly.

I don't mind RP'ing, my affiliation with the Fed Suns and utter loathing of the Capellans comes from a 3025 MW campaign I play in, but I've found that those trying to do that in a video games are either a) unable to find a PnP RP group to join with or B) are are looking for an excuse for being an ******.

#10073 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

"Roleplaying" leads to that type of response, when done poorly. You responded directly to me, talking about "riding the clan meta jockstrap", and then continue the conversation by insulting clan players in general. It may be why you are so polarizing around here...

#10074 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 27 December 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

Find another faction that would come down and kick the clan's collective posterior and I'm sure you'd find that many of them would jump ship rather quickly.

There are some very good IS units, most notably the 228th off the top of my head. CW is not about the skill of single units/players, though. It is about being able to overwhelm that superior skill with sheer manpower, unfortunately.

CI was a very good adversary, but for whatever reason they decided to switch to CGB, which saddens me because that is one less "good" opponent to make the game interesting for us. I want the fight for Terra to be difficult, because that is what will make our success actually mean something!

#10075 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostCimarb, on 27 December 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

"Roleplaying" leads to that type of response, when done poorly. You responded directly to me, talking about "riding the clan meta jockstrap", and then continue the conversation by insulting clan players in general. It may be why you are so polarizing around here...

Or perhaps you might actually read the context within the post? "And thus I left my unit. Rather PUG for the IS than ride the Clan "Meta's" jockstrap."

Especially since it was in direct response to your saying: "but I am also saddened that everyone seems to be "jumping on the bandwagon""

But it is indeed much easier to get indignant and act self righteous, I suppose. Or to try to turn it into a personal attack.

*SMH*

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 December 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#10076 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Whatever makes you feel better about it. Hard to keep track of what "character" you are in, especially now that you are pogo sticking around factions. Regardless, I apologize for misunderstanding what you said. I just do not like people making blanket statements about an entire section of the playerbase.

#10077 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

Blanket statement: You are all nerds. NEEEEEEERRRRRDS!

And so am I.

Now, get back to the Ultimate Mech Discussing!

So, once the 3025/3039/3050 TRO mechs have all been done by PGI, in other words the "classics" both on the Clan and IS sides, what mechs do you think will be their first picks from the "new generation" of mechs? In other words, new designs rather than lostech refits of old designs?

Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Daikyu! :)

#10078 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 28 December 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

And so am I.

So, once the 3025/3039/3050 TRO mechs have all been done by PGI, in other words the "classics" both on the Clan and IS sides, what mechs do you think will be their first picks from the "new generation" of mechs? In other words, new designs rather than lostech refits of old designs?

I think some iconic new designs, like the Hatamoto-Chi, Mauler, Wolfhound will find a way into the game before the Lostech stuff.

Personally, I'm more interested in the next Clan mechs. The next wave will have Arctic Cheetah, Viper, Cauldron Born and Kingfisher or the remaining 3050 TRO Clan omnimechs (Fire Moth, Executioner and an extra Shadow Cat), with MASC sorted out.

More on this:

View PostOdanan, on 12 November 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Russ said they will stick with the mech pack release system, so I'm posting here a list of suggestions/predictions for the next packs.

(this is already in the Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread, but I think it deserves its own dedicated topic)

Clan Wave III (featuring Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Ghost Bear favorites. Timeline: 3050):

- Light: Arctic Cheetah/Hankyu - signature Smoke Jaguar mech
- Medium: Viper/Dragonfly - very common, early invader, Ghost Bear favorite medium mech
- Heavy: Ebon Jaguar/Cauldron-Born - iconic, signature Smoke Jaguar mech
- Assault: Kingfisher - very old design, still used by CGB and CSJ - and a rare 90 tons Clanner
Reinforcement/Reward: Huntsman/Nobori-nin

Comstar Defender Pack:

- Light: Mongoose, Thorn (or Jackrabbit) - the Jackrabbit needs a third variant
- Medium: Sentinel, Wyvern (or Crab)
- Heavy: Black Knight, Excalibur (or Champion) - the Excalibur needs a third variant
- Assault: Cyclops, Pillager (or Emperor) - both the Pillager and the Emperor need a third variant
Reinforcements/Reward: Thug, Crockett

Clan Wave ?, "Overdrive" (early omnimechs, but all need the implementation of MASC):

- Light: Fire Moth/Dasher - the problem is: the Fire Moth might be too fast for the game engine
- Medium: Shadow Cat
- Heavy: Woodsman - needs a third omni configuration
- Assault: Executioner/​Gladiator

Underdog Guerrilla* Pack: (IS is throwing everything they have against the Clans)

- Light: UrbanMech, Javelin
- Medium: Assassin, Dervish
- Heavy: Lancelot, Merlin (or BattleAxe, or Hammerhands) - both the BattleAxe and Hammerhands need a third variant, but adding any would be a joy for Warhammer fans
- Assault: Charger, Mackie (!) - now just image the original mech in a MW game...
Reinforcements/Reward: Clint, Hermes II, Vulcan

*Some of these chassis might be considered lackluster, so here is a suggestion for monetizing this:
$30: 1st tier, 2 light mechs
$60: 2nd tier, 2 light mechs + 2 medium mechs
$90: 3rd tier, 2 light mechs + 2 medium mechs + 2 heavy mechs
$120: top tier, 2 light + 2 medium + 2 heavy + 2 assault
Reinforcements: $35 or $40: 3 extra medium mechs

Clan Wave IV (featuring Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon favorites. Timeline: 3052):

- Light: Fire Falcon
- Medium: Phantom
- Heavy: Linebacker
- Assault: Turkina
Reinforcement/Reward: Night Gyr

Wolf Dragoons Pack:

- Light: Firefly (or Falcon)
- Medium: Hoplite
- Heavy: Flashman (or Gallowglas, depending on the timeline)
- Assault: Annihilator
Reinforcements/Reward: Imp, Shogun

Clan Second Line Garrison Pack (early Clan non-omni mechs - most need extra variants):

- Light: Piranha, Horned Owl/Peregrin (or Incubus/Vixen)
- Medium: Vapor Eagle/Goshawk, Conjurer/Hellhound
- Heavy: Grizzly, Glass Spider/Galahad (or Black Python/Viper)
- Assault: Supernova, Kodiak
Reinforcements/Reward: Bane/Kraken, Stone Rhino/Behemoth

Payback Pack (featuring high-tech mechs to fight the Clans, some without 3 variants - which is not a problem anymore. Timeline: ~3054):

- Light: Wolfhound
- Medium: Bushwacker
- Heavy: Penetrator
- Assault: Devastator
Reinforcement/Reward: Hatamoto, Mauler (Mauler variants are complicated, but a workaround is not impossible)

Clan Wave V (later omnimechs. Timeline: 3060):

- Light: Hellion (needs MASC) or Cougar
- Medium: Black Lanner (needs MASC) or Mongrel/Grendel
- Heavy: Nova Cat
- Assault: Blood Asp
Reinforcement/Reward: Pouncer

Melee Pack (after adding melee weapons. Timeline: ~3060):

- Light: Scarabus (needs extra variants)
- Medium: Hatchetman
- Heavy: Axman
- Assault: Berserker
Reinforcement/Reward: No-Dachi.

Vengeance Revenge Pack (with IS mechs from the Mechwarrior 4 series. Timeline: ~3064):

- Light: Osiris
- Medium: Uziel
- Heavy: Argus (or Thanatos)
- Assault: Fafnir
Reinforcements/Reward: Hellspawn, Chimera

IS Omni Counter Strike Pack (Timeline: ~3064):

- Light: Owens (or Raptor, or Actic Fox) - Owens has Single Heat Sinks
- Medium: Strider (or Men-Shen) - Strider has Single Heat Sinks
- Heavy: Avatar
- Assault: Sunder
Reinforcements/Reward: Templar, Hauptmann

Clan Refits* (least exciting pack, and would need extra new variants):

- Light: Commando IIC
- Medium: Hunchback IIC
- Heavy: Orion IIC
- Assault: Highlander IIC

*Considered by the devs (Russ Town Hall Meeting #3)

And, last but not least, with the mechs that are waiting to return to the computer games since 1989, the Holy Grail of diehard Battletech fans, the Project Phoenix II: (OK, only in our dreams)

- Light: Wasp, Stinger (or Valkyrie)
- Medium: Phoenix Hawk, Ostroc (or Ostsol)
- Heavy: Marauder, Warhammer
- Assault: Longbow, Marauder II
Reinforcements/Reward: Archer, Crusader, Rifleman

Other possible packs: Lostech Pack (with very old or almost extinct designs, like the Rampage), Gladiator Pack (with Solaris mechs from the Technical Readout 3055 Upgrade, preferably after adding melee to the game), IS MASC Pack (with Flea, finally), a "Twilight of the Clans" Pack (with Crimson Langur and Tomahawk), and maybe even Faction-specific packs, like the proposed "Sword and Sunburst" Pack...

#10079 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Honeslty, (if they haven't already), I wouldn't just want all the mechs, I'd want all the weapons, and most (if not all) upgrades / extra options too before we moved on.

As to actually wanting - first on the list is the Bushwhacker and Cauldron Born.

Edited by Ovion, 28 December 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#10080 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

And so am I.

the 3055 TRO is full of so many terribad designs...... I love it! Only drawback is most of them will be so new we have no variants, unless PGI makes up multiple for each or really jumbles timelines more than they have been willing too.

But I love me some Fireballs, Daikyus, etc.
Posted Image
And this guy.....stock is horrible, but I like them anyhow....
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users