#12142 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 February 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

One could argue that the MG would be more useful....

1 MG is not useful. 1 MG is a death wish.

#12143 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostOdanan, on 24 February 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

1 MG is not useful. 1 MG is a death wish.

But 1t of MG ammo on a fast chassis can be a cruise missile, that is useful. Go fast enough, collide with something, hope to do enough to force a piloting check that fails, mission accomplished. If MG ammo goes off, then damage to things around you, mission accomplished.

#12144 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Can we get the Awesome 9Q plz. Timeline ans weapons shouldn't be a problem any longer... Thoughts?

#12145 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 25 February 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Can we get the Awesome 9Q plz. Timeline ans weapons shouldn't be a problem any longer... Thoughts?

A valid suggestion, imo, as it only uses available Tech and the base version is in timeframe (these seem to be the criteria judging by the Kodiak).
2x2 PPC shots covered by ECM might be interesting, but extremely niche. But the ECM alone is worth the variant.

So yes, my support even though it is an FWL Mech.

#12146 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

Archer sneak peek on Instagram..... Nuff said
https://www.instagra...chwarrioronline

#12147 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:20 AM

View PostCK16, on 21 February 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

I noticed that as well, never new it was good at brawling xD I usually tried to stay AWAY from close range in them while in MW4 O.o

Well my fave build on them was 6 x SSRM 4, 2 x Cl LBX 20, and 4 ER Medium lasers.
Well I have way to many builds, I have over 30,000 hours on that game as I had that game and that game only for a decade ^^; I probably tried every crazy build you could think of .

However the "Hero" Mad Cat mk II in MW:4 (the solaris build) had 6 Clan Machine gun arrays and 2 light gauss rifles [torso].
The MGA's to remind you is a cluster of MG's.. in this case 4 mg's... basically 4 x 6 = 24 mg's... hard to say it's a sniper with 24 clan machine guns.

#12148 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

Btw... Odanan.

Due to the fact that Russ said having mechs with the tech up to 3053 / current date is allowed in game even though the mech itself isn't... will the OP be updated with the data for this to show possible mechs with this rule (ie: Argus, Osiris, etc?). Or to reference a post/ thread that would list all the new opportunities? Or at min reference to the "MW4 players section" that quite a few mechs from MW4 could be now added (of the top of my head... Owens, Argus, Osiris, Hauptmann, Hellspawn, cougar, Raven 3M, Bushwacker, Uziel, Nova cat, Sunder,. etc.).

#12149 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 26 February 2016 - 01:25 AM, said:

Btw... Odanan.

Due to the fact that Russ said having mechs with the tech up to 3053 / current date is allowed in game even though the mech itself isn't... will the OP be updated with the data for this to show possible mechs with this rule (ie: Argus, Osiris, etc?). Or to reference a post/ thread that would list all the new opportunities? Or at min reference to the "MW4 players section" that quite a few mechs from MW4 could be now added (of the top of my head... Owens, Argus, Osiris, Hauptmann, Hellspawn, cougar, Raven 3M, Bushwacker, Uziel, Nova cat, Sunder,. etc.).

I think you guys are misunderstanding what Russ said...

The Kodiak is a mech from 3001, with a later variant (KDK 5) from 5052 and all variants between the 1 and 5 with timeline appropriate loadouts. This might not be (and I hope it's not) the destruction of the timeline and the early liberation of the MW4 mechs. Kodiak might be just a big and unique exception.

#12150 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:40 AM

View PostCK16, on 21 February 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

I mean look at the video below as well it does confirm a bit. What year officially does MW4 Vengeance take place in?

He lost me on the "it's clearly a Clan Omnimech" (0:05). Not that MW4 developers knew (or cared) anything about OmniMechs, BattleMechs, configurations and variants...

BTW, the MW4 series takes place during the FedCom Civil War (3062 to 3067).

Edited by Odanan, 26 February 2016 - 05:54 AM.

#12151 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:55 AM

adding Fedcom mechs in 3053?, is there even a prototype of any of those chassis yet! Posted Image

#12152 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 26 February 2016 - 05:55 AM, said:

adding Fedcom mechs in 3053?, is there even a prototype of any of those chassis yet!

No, there aren't.

Lets... forget about MW4 mechs for a while, shall we?

Edited by Odanan, 26 February 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#12153 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

I think the Lyrans got seriously into Omni-technology only after the Coventry campaign (3058).

#12154 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:14 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 February 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

I think the Lyrans got seriously into Omni-technology only after the Coventry campaign (3058).

Some early designs are really awful (like the Owens and Strider, with SINGLE heatsinks) - I believe the successful omnimechs started to appear only in the 3060's.

#12155 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:19 AM

Talking about omnis, maybe in 2017 we get the first IS omnimech pack? (Raptor, Men-Shen, Avatar and Sunder would be a great lineup)

#12156 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:23 AM

The Men-Shen would be cool, but it would lack variants at the moment. The Blackjack-O or the Strider seem to be more likely.

That being said, I don't know how many people would like the idea of fixed IS XL-engines.

#12157 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 February 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

The Men-Shen would be cool, but it would lack variants at the moment. The Blackjack-O or the Strider seem to be more likely.

That being said, I don't know how many people would like the idea of fixed IS XL-engines.

XL Engines are essential for IS lights and an acceptable risk for IS mediums.
Strider has much bigger problems (fixed Single Heatsinks).

#12158 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 February 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

XL Engines are essential for IS lights and an acceptable risk for IS mediums.
Strider has much bigger problems (fixed Single Heatsinks).

Same for the Owens.... So many early IS Omni-mechs are just not designed well... Then again it also makes a degree of sense, the IS was just starting to dabble in Omni-mechs at that time....

But what I think he was talking about for fixed ISXL, is that they cannot up the engine size, as we all know speed is life for lights and mediums in MWO....

Edited by Metus regem, 26 February 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#12159 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

As far as I can tell, the prerequisites are now roughly - 'Tech exists in the game, preferably min. 1 variant from 3053 or prior, other variants can be from anywhere, so long as it's in-game.'

#12160 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostOdanan, on 26 February 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

I think you guys are misunderstanding what Russ said...

The Kodiak is a mech from 3001, with a later variant (KDK 5) from 5052 and all variants between the 1 and 5 with timeline appropriate loadouts. This might not be (and I hope it's not) the destruction of the timeline and the early liberation of the MW4 mechs. Kodiak might be just a big and unique exception.

I am pretty sure when Russ asked about what clan assault we want in game (or was it clan mech in general? forgot) [this being before the kodiak] his only terms about timeline was that it had to have tech of our time but not the mech itself (hence why Mad Cat mk II vote spamming was a thing as well as some of the underdogs like the Deimos being suggested)
Which Russ had no problems with considering such mechs even though the Deimos was introduced (not produced) in the 3080's.

I can't find the original tweet as I am not a twitter expert- I quickly realized I can't find any tweets easily at all. And some threads on the discussion of it I completely forgot the name of the title and/or contents besides the fact I suggested a Deimos because I wanted to say something other than Mad cat mk II.

I do not think the Kodiak will be a big exception. Russ already confirmed post 3052 variants of mechs using our tech will be allowed such as the Raven 3M, Warhawk alt.config. F. Etc... in short: we will be expecting quite a few more variants and mechs soon.

Which for new introduced mechs I can see this quite reasonable as making up a new variant would be a bit more iffy than using a later variant especially if that made up variant mirrors the later variant. I do hope to an extent we will not see the early leak of MW4 mechs yet (I would like more clan mechs and some more IS chassis before then). Perhaps the Town Hall meeting today will clear things up on this matter?

View PostOdanan, on 26 February 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

Talking about omnis, maybe in 2017 we get the first IS omnimech pack? (Raptor, Men-Shen, Avatar and Sunder would be a great lineup)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

However I think the Raptor should come individually first. It's an omnimech of 3052 meanwhile the others are not... The other 3 however have a theme of being famous as a counter to the clans and this being the "IS" response. With this in mind I think having the Owens will be a better idea. .. haha...

Owens, Avatar... sunder... the three IS mechs from the Knex series 3 mechwarrior. Such a shame everyone built and took photos of the clan builds and not the IS.

Oh and yes I know owens isn't itself the best mech option as it does have single heatsinks however gaijin has added some buffs to single heatsinks of the recent and I can imagine quirks helping the owens out... I also wish it has LRM quirks Posted Image
The reason for having the raptor separately as it means we can have it earlier and the other omnis can be pushed back a little to make slightly more coherent behavior with Timeline.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook