20517 replies to this topic

#15441 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

And even though Omni's csnt mount any of them. Ther ability to bring mixed loadouts now makes them very flexible and lethal to most specialized builds.

#15442 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 January 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

And even though Omni's csnt mount any of them. Ther ability to bring mixed loadouts now makes them very flexible and lethal to most specialized builds.

With the caveat that you have a pilot that can utilize the various weapon types effectively, beyond one button combat.

#15443 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 January 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

With the caveat that you have a pilot that can utilize the various weapon types effectively, beyond one button combat.

Yea the horror -.-

Personally since I have a Razer Naga mouse, I can do 6 fire groups if I choose. Usually though stick to 3 to 5 depending on a few things.

#15444 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 January 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yea the horror -.-

Personally since I have a Razer Naga mouse, I can do 6 fire groups if I choose. Usually though stick to 3 to 5 depending on a few things.

G600, brah. G600. Had a Naga, but this feels so much better!

#15445 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

G600, brah. G600. Had a Naga, but this feels so much better!

I like my G502's a lot better...

Posted Image

Button #4 is always my Alpha Strike button, as it is in an awkward spot for my hand, so it is a conscious effort to press it, usually if I have no other choice.

Button one is always primary armament, button 2 is secondary armament, button 4 is alpha strike, button 5 is tertiary armament, and then use precision button for pin point targeting.

#15446 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 January 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

I like my G502's a lot better...

Posted Image

Button #4 is always my Alpha Strike button, as it is in an awkward spot for my hand, so it is a conscious effort to press it, usually if I have no other choice.

Button one is always primary armament, button 2 is secondary armament, button 4 is alpha strike, button 5 is tertiary armament, and then use precision button for pin point targeting.

Posted Image

Group one is LMB, two is RMB, and three is pinkie. 4, 5, and 6 are the front three buttons of the 12-pad that sit right under my thumb. I don't have an alphastrike button because... well... I can just mash all the buttons at once?

#15447 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

It would probably be easier and less involved if you did assign an alpha button. I use the scroll wheel click for mine.

#15448 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 17 January 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

It would probably be easier and less involved if you did assign an alpha button. I use the scroll wheel click for mine.

Why would I use an alpha strike button? Most of my mechs only have three weapon groups, and all three are able to be clicked at the same time with the slightest twitch of my fingertips. Doesn't get much easier than that. Plus, if it has more than 3 groups, that fourth isn't something I'd want to alpha with, regardless.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 January 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#15449 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Why would I use an alpha strike button? Most of my mechs only have three weapon groups, and all three are able to be clicked at the same time with the slightest twitch of my fingertips. Doesn't get much easier than that. Plus, if it has more than 3 groups, that fourth isn't something I'd want to alpha with, regardless.

On my TBR-D(I), Button 1 is PPC's in chain fire, button two is SRM's in chain fire, button 3 is PPC's in salvo fire, button 4 is ALPHA of doom!, button 5 is SRM's in salvo fire. Sometimes it's less about weapon groups and more about methods of firing said groups.

#15450 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

Group one is LMB, two is RMB, and three is pinkie. 4, 5, and 6 are the front three buttons of the 12-pad that sit right under my thumb. I don't have an alphastrike button because... well... I can just mash all the buttons at once?

Have the 502. Miss my RAT7. But Not the RAT7s apparently cheap build quality. Had two burn out in a year, the laser, both times. 502 isn't as nice, but it has worked for over a year, so i'll keep rolling with it...though at the moment I have a replacement french fired laptop to replace my potato lap top... and with it I have my old tried and true logitech 510 wireless. works surprisingly decent...doubly so for being...like 10$, lol.

#15451 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Not Stealth armor, but otherwise yes. Allows for a self balancing mechanic in the game. Energy is the new meta? Take reflective, and laugh. Ballistics? Take ablative. LRMageddon or SRMageddon? Reactive.

Would mean overspecialization in any one given damage type would be a gamble that either would pay off big or fail horribly due to damage reduction. Mixed builds might be more beneficial in that sort of environment since you would always have a workaround against a specific armor type, able to do extra damage with the weapons that counter the armor the enemy has, and standard/ferro armor would be good at everything but not super fantastic against any one damage source.

Overall agree with this. The only thing I draw any contention with is Stealth Armor. I outlined a way it could be done very well in MWO . . . but it also does require the ECM fix that PGI displayed they already have, from the old InfoTech PTS runs (so Stealth Armor can function the way it's supposed to). Of course . . . if they don't fix ECM . . . then, yeah, Stealth Armor would be a bit of a waste.

I'd love to see the other types of armors implemented into MWO, including Hardened armor. It's be great to actually have a choice to actively invest extra tonnage into defensive features for a mech.

Edited by Sereglach, 17 January 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#15452 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Whatever works for you. I just find it easier to click ONE button as opposed to several. To each their own.

#15453 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 January 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yea the horror -.-

Had a Naga. Right mousebutton broke off after just a few months. The plastic just snapped clean off. First mouse I've ever had that happen with. Kinda made me wary of Razor products ever since.

View PostGhostrider0067, on 17 January 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

I have target lock (aka PRESS "R", PEOPLE! PRESS "R"!) on the scroll wheel click, and zoom on the wheel itself.

#15454 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:29 AM

This:

View PostOdanan, on 18 January 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

I'm calling it!

- Fire Moth (light omnimech, Clan)
- Uziel (medium battlemech, IS)
- Mad Cat MK II (assault battlemech, Clan)

What do I get if I nail all of them? Posted Image

#15455 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

Odanan, I agree with two of your choices on one level, and at the same time I disagree with two of them...

I think some good additions could look like this:

Fire Moth / Piranha (seriously, why has PGI not built this beast yet...) For Clan Lights
Raptor / Stinger / Wasp for IS Lights

Coyotl / Arctic Wolf for Clan Mediums
Men Shen / Chameleon for IS mediums

Riflemen IIC / Grand Summoner for Clan Heavies
Black Hawk KU / Hammer Hands for IS Heavies

Mad Cat Mk. II / Blood Asp for Clan Assaults
Templar / Charger for IS Assaults

#15456 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

You would take a Rifleman IIC and/or Grand Summoner over a Nova Cat? Grand Summoner is also a 3090 design so not sure about that one.

Also I will put a $20 mech pack on clans getting 1 of Nova Cat/ Mad Cat Mk.II/ Blood Asp. In march.

Edited by CK16, 18 January 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#15457 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostCK16, on 18 January 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

You would take a Rifleman IIC and/or Grand Summoner over a Nova Cat? Grand Summoner is also a 3090 design so not sure about that one.

Also I will put a $20 mech pack on clans getting 1 of Nova Cat/ Mad Cat Mk.II/ Blood Asp. In march.

The Grand Summoner is what the Summoner should have been in the first place....

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thor_II

Endo Steel + FF, with non hard wired JJ's, give the thing 30.5t of pod space compared to the 22.5t of the Summoner..

#15458 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Odanan, I agree with two of your choices on one level, and at the same time I disagree with two of them...

I think some good additions could look like this:

Fire Moth / Piranha (seriously, why has PGI not built this beast yet...) For Clan Lights
Raptor / Stinger / Wasp for IS Lights

Coyotl / Arctic Wolf for Clan Mediums
Men Shen / Chameleon for IS mediums

Riflemen IIC / Grand Summoner for Clan Heavies
Black Hawk KU / Hammer Hands for IS Heavies

Mad Cat Mk. II / Blood Asp for Clan Assaults
Templar / Charger for IS Assaults

Piranha has the problem we discussed earlier. I believe it would be absurdly OP.

Raptor could come this month instead of the Wasp. As much as I want the Wasp, I wouldn't mind the Raptor instead...

Arctic Wolf is a monster that would make obsolete the Huntsman. I hope it won't come anytime soon.

Coyotl / Men Shen / Chameleon / Black Hawk KU / Hammer Hand / Grand Summoner = I don't see these mechs coming to the game (too obscure, not popular, not iconic)

Riflemen IIC = much needed Clan heavy. Not very popular though...

Mad Cat Mk. II = I strongly believe this is one of the mechs revealed in March.

Blood Asp / Templar = will come, for sure! (but maybe later)

Charger = want it badly, but with so many MW4 options out there... :(

#15459 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostOdanan, on 18 January 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Piranha has the problem we discussed earlier. I believe it would be absurdly OP.

Raptor could come this month instead of the Wasp. As much as I want the Wasp, I wouldn't mind the Raptor instead...

Arctic Wolf is a monster that would make obsolete the Huntsman. I hope it won't come anytime soon.

Coyotl / Men Shen / Chameleon / Black Hawk KU / Hammer Hand / Grand Summoner = I don't see these mechs coming to the game (too obscure, not popular, not iconic)

Riflemen IIC = much needed Clan heavy. Not very popular though...

Mad Cat Mk. II = I strongly believe this is one of the mechs revealed in March.

Blood Asp / Templar = will come, for sure! (but maybe later)

Charger = want it badly, but with so many MW4 options out there... Posted Image

My issue with the Avatar is with out a major facelift, she will be buckets of bad.... big flat ST's with an IS XL engine = problematic at best, she will have the movement profile of the Warhammer / Archer with their stock engines, so decent movement profile, but nothing to really write home about, she will also have hard wired CASE, no Endo and no FF. So she has tons of internal space, to use her stock 34t of pod space @ 88% of max armour value.

The Sunder also would need a facelift I think, other wise she will be easy to pick out with her ST's and stock 360XL engine, granted her arms are in a better position to protect her ST's but not perfect. Again no Endo, no FF giveing again a cavernous space for her 36t of weapons / equipment, the nice part is she is pushing 94.6% armour coverage stock.

As much as I like the Templar, her major issue is crit layout, so many locked slots thanks to Endo and a 340XL, but 40t of pod space, with Battlemaster like shielding arms. Due to her crit lay out, with out crit splitting, a few of her configurations are invalid in MWO.

The Arctic Wolf would only obsolete the Huntsman at SRM bombing, the thing she was built to do.

#15460 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

The Javelin.
https://mwomercs.com/javelin

Well.
That's boring.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users