#17761 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 11 October 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Uhm pretty sure it will be either Black Lanner or Hellhound (the MW4 version)

Me too. The Black Lanner is the safe bet and the Hellhound is the surprise and fan service.

#17762 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Totally agree that engine swap is a given, but graphically I would not expect much of a jump from MWO to Unreal driven MWO2. Just like beta PGI would have to turn off all the pretties to support both multiple players, something the article references as why the new damage is possible, not to mention make it playable on as many potato computers as possible for a F2P.

#17763 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostOdanan, on 11 October 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Me too. The Black Lanner is the safe bet and the Hellhound is the surprise and fan service.

I really want the Black Lanner; a 55 ton Clan mech with that sort of speed could be really fun to play.

It won't have jumpjets, but it will have ECM and a decent selection of hardpoints.

Prime / A / B / C / D / E / H
Right Arm: 1E / 1E / 1M / 1M / 2E + 2B / 3E / 1E
Left Arm: 2E / 2E / 1M / 6E / 2E + 2B / 1M / 2E
Right Torso: 1M / - / - / - / 1M / - / -
Left Torso: 1M / 1E / - / - / 1M + 1E / - / -

It would likely only get 5 of those variants though, plus a hero. D and E are likely to be near essential to making it a good mech; without those, it will be as limited as the Shadow Cat.

The triple energy right arm in the E config would be useful too, but I'd prefer the ability to run quad MGs on it over a single extra energy hardpoint.

Edited by Zergling, 11 October 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#17764 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 11 October 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Not just the game engine, but all the features described! More detailed damage, destructible buildings and terrain... I'm really hoping that this is a surprise scheduled for mech con

Agreed.

BUT... that would also mean less customization. You noticed the part where Russ was rambling about the JR7-D and JR7-F and that Ferro-Fibrous would be locked and cannot be added or removed? I would actually like something like that in MWO, but try saying something like that in the other boards... boy would you get the heat... The screenshots of the Unreal engine look really gorgeous and I would LOVE MWO to be translated into the new engine.

Regarding the next clan medium I really would like to see some more IICs or the Mongrel. I know we're missing 55 tonners... but the fact they're excluded from scouting and the few choices we have (Black Lanner, Vapor Eagle, Rabid Coyote and Stooping Hawk) we might actually see some other mediums.

So... a rendition of the MW4 version of the Conjurer would be nice... I actually would be fine with anything that doesn't have hardpoint inflation... Also it would be time to give the less-known clans some love. Clan Coyote, Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Cloud Cobra, Clan Goliath Scorpion, Clan Ice Hellion, Clan Snow Raven, Clan Fire Mandrill (yeah, they designed the Viper, but didn't actually use it) and the not-named clan don't have any of their original mechs in the game yet.

#17765 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

View PostZergling, on 11 October 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

I really want the Black Lanner; a 55 ton Clan mech with that sort of speed could be really fun to play.

It won't have jumpjets, but it will have ECM and a decent selection of hardpoints.

Prime / A / B / C / D / E / H
Right Arm: 1E / 1E / 1M / 1M / 2E + 2B / 3E / 1E
Left Arm: 2E / 2E / 1M / 6E / 2E + 2B / 1M / 2E
Right Torso: 1M / - / - / - / 1M / - / -
Left Torso: 1M / 1E / - / - / 1M + 1E / - / -

It would likely only get 5 of those variants though, plus a hero. D and E are likely to be near essential to making it a good mech; without those, it will be as limited as the Shadow Cat.

The triple energy right arm in the E config would be useful too, but I'd prefer the ability to run quad MGs on it over a single extra energy hardpoint.

The guaranteed "variants" should be:
  • Black Lanner Prime
  • Black Lanner C (essential left arm powerfist)
  • Black Lanner D (3 energy right arm, missile + energy left torso)
  • Black Lanner E (2 ballistics + 1 energy arms)
Leaving space for the redundant A, B or H variants. Here is the omnipod breakout I did a long time ago:
Spoiler

And the hero, oh boy, I wish the hero had jumpjets. (and this camo)

Edited by Odanan, 12 October 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#17766 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

View PostGasoline, on 11 October 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Agreed.

BUT... that would also mean less customization. You noticed the part where Russ was rambling about the JR7-D and JR7-F and that Ferro-Fibrous would be locked and cannot be added or removed? I would actually like something like that in MWO, but try saying something like that in the other boards... boy would you get the heat...

The less customization makes a lot of sense in a singleplayer game: it will give the feel of progression when you start with a mech with limited options and save money to buy more advanced ones.

The free-mechlab in MW2 and MW3 took away all of the character of the different mechs and variants. (MW2:M customization was somewhat limited by the big money you spent when making any minor chance)

#17767 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 October 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

The less customization makes a lot of sense in a singleplayer game: it will give the feel of progression when you start with a mech with limited options and save money to buy more advanced ones.

The free-mechlab in MW2 and MW3 took away all of the character of the different mechs and variants. (MW2:M customization was somewhat limited by the big money you spent when making any minor chance)

Not just in singleplayer. Limited customization would have been a great chance in MWO as well as to give any mech a certain character and would've been a great basis on which to add quirks. A lot of the neglected or inferior variants of certain chassis were actually the ones which came with FF/ES by default.

#17768 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:47 AM

View PostGasoline, on 12 October 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Not just in singleplayer. Limited customization would have been a great chance in MWO as well as to give any mech a certain character and would've been a great basis on which to add quirks. A lot of the neglected or inferior variants of certain chassis were actually the ones which came with FF/ES by default.

Yes, but limiting some variants to equip XL/LFE engine or ES/FF, would make them inferior (and useless) in a PvP environment.

Edited by Odanan, 12 October 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#17769 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 October 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Yes, but limiting some variants so equip XL/LFE engine or ES/FF, would make them inferior (and useless) in a PvP environment.

Could as well take it the other way round. Look at the JR7-K. It's plain inferior to every other Jenner. The reason it was an actual upgrade to the JR7-D was FF armor and CASE stock. As it is right now it has 2 less energy than the -F and one less missile than the -D. No advantages to either of them.

Lorewise the JR7-D had 4 energy, 1 missile and just 4 tons of armor . The -F was the upgrade by increasing the armor protection by 3 tons but removing the SRM launcher. The -K was the superior development of both by re-adding the SRM launcher and upgrading the armor to FF (one ton short of the -F tho).

Guess it would work both ways. PGI decided to add apocryphal hardpoints and equipment slots...

#17770 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Where is the countdown!!

#17771 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 October 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

The guaranteed "variants" should be:
  • Black Lanner Prime
  • Black Lanner C (essential left arm powerfist)
  • Black Lanner D (3 energy right arm, missile + energy left torso)
  • Black Lanner E (2 ballistics + 1 energy arms)
Leaving space for the redundant A, B or H variants. Here is the omnipod breakout I did a long time ago:

Spoiler

And the hero, oh boy, I wish the hero had jumpjets. (and this camo)

PGI generally doesn't skip omnimech variants in initial release; every Omni except for the Cougar has done Prime/A/B/C/etc release of variants, so I'm kinda doubtful of the odds of the Black Lanner receiving the C, D and E all at the same time.

EDIT: nvm, I was wrong

Edited by Zergling, 13 October 2017 - 03:02 AM.

#17772 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

View PostZergling, on 12 October 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

PGI generally doesn't skip omnimech variants in initial release; every Omni except for the Cougar has done Prime/A/B/C/etc release of variants, so I'm kinda doubtful of the odds of the Black Lanner receiving the C, D and E all at the same time.

Actually PGI did that quite often back when the clans were first released.

These were just the mechs from the first clan collection:
ADR Prime, A, D
DWF Prime, A, B
KFX Prime, D, S
NVA Prime, B, S
SCR Prime, C, D
SMN Prime, B, D
TBR Prime, C, S
WHK Prime, A, B

Clan Wave Two
MLX Prime, B, C
IFR Prime, A, C
HBR Prime, A, B
GAR Prime, A, D
MDD Prime, A, B

Clan Wave Three
ACH Prime, A, B, C
SHC Prime, A, B, P
EBJ Prime, A, B, C
EXE Prime, A, B, D

#17773 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:01 AM

View PostGasoline, on 12 October 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Actually PGI did that quite often back when the clans were first released.

These were just the mechs from the first clan collection:
ADR Prime, A, D
DWF Prime, A, B
KFX Prime, D, S
NVA Prime, B, S
SCR Prime, C, D
SMN Prime, B, D
TBR Prime, C, S
WHK Prime, A, B

Clan Wave Two
MLX Prime, B, C
IFR Prime, A, C
HBR Prime, A, B
GAR Prime, A, D
MDD Prime, A, B

Clan Wave Three
ACH Prime, A, B, C
SHC Prime, A, B, P
EBJ Prime, A, B, C
EXE Prime, A, B, D

Huh ok, I stand corrected.

#17774 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'm a happy Nightstar customer (running the ECM variant with 4 AC/5s and 2ERMLs). What are the impressions about the other Escalation mechs?

#17775 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

NCT is a solid laserboat. Especially with ALL the wubs. 5x MPlas and 2x LPLas makes for some bad juju. Also, the B is a brutal LRM and ATM delivery platform. Gauss+Vom works on it, but I don't think it's its strongest aspect.

#17776 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 October 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

NCT is a solid laserboat. Especially with ALL the wubs. 5x MPlas and 2x LPLas makes for some bad juju. Also, the B is a brutal LRM and ATM delivery platform. Gauss+Vom works on it, but I don't think it's its strongest aspect.

all I know? ACW>HMN

;)

#17777 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 October 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

all I know? ACW>HMN

Posted Image

Mean little mech, it is. But one good swat seems to put the little mongrel in its place. Posted Image

I find it entertaining that it can pack 4-5 SRM, ECM, and 2 ERSLas in the ACW, while my SHC, a 5 ton heavier mech, needs to trade out the ECM for comparable firepower... though it also gains JJ and MASC. The Awooo is definitely a solid little package full of hate and explosive ordinance!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 October 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#17778 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

I feel so sorry for the walk animation they inflicted on the Nova Cat. It deserves better.

But the Awooolf? It can work plenty of firepower, and the jump jets pack a proper amount of response when you fire them up. Both are excellent additions to the Clan arsenal (or anyone in QP) and bode well for the coming Piranha.

#17779 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 18 October 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

I feel so sorry for the walk animation they inflicted on the Nova Cat. It deserves better.

But the Awooolf? It can work plenty of firepower, and the jump jets pack a proper amount of response when you fire them up. Both are excellent additions to the Clan arsenal (or anyone in QP) and bode well for the coming Piranha.

Asked Chris in game, and in NGNG chat, if they are planning on an animation pass for it. He said he was unsure, but would ask at the office in the morning.

Because, whowee.... That animation is god awful.

#17780 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Oh, also, this exists:
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic