ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 October 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hey, I'm a metalhead. Aparently, it was my Battletech lore that failed (I didn't know the Flea was once called the Trooper) Posted Image

Well, it went from Upping the Irons to looking for "Higher Ground" apparently.... which much as I love the latter, feels like a bit of a downgrade. (hopefully an easier form of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon..or would that be 666 degrees of Iron Maiden? hmmmm)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 23 October 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#17802 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

is MW5 going to use the same team as MWO to make their mechs, are we going to see different models for the same mech id? ie The Atlas will look different but you know its an Atlas. Posted Image

#17803 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 23 October 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

is MW5 going to use the same team as MWO to make their mechs, are we going to see different models for the same mech id? ie The Atlas will look different but you know its an Atlas. Posted Image

Same mech id? I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about, but HBS Battletech uses the same mech models of MWO.

#17804 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 23 October 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

can't see them re-inventing the wheel. Making those models ain't cheap or fast.

#17805 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:21 AM

The footage shown so far uses the exact same models as MWO is using. Which makes sense considering Alex is basically designing for the whole Battletech IP now.

#17806 Storming Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

id rather they add new maps, game modes maybe customizations options, redo sounds and effects and maybe other stuff.

that and heavy assualt mechs.

#17807 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostCaptian Barney, on 24 October 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

id rather they add new maps, game modes maybe customizations options, redo sounds and effects and maybe other stuff.

This is a free game. They keep it alive by selling mechs. You can't sell maps in PvP games - well, you technically can sell maps (like some games do with DLCs), but that divides the player base, and wouldn't work in MWO.

View PostCaptian Barney, on 24 October 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

that and heavy assualt mechs.

You mean mechs heavier than 100 tons? But there are how many superheavy mechs? 2? One of them extinct (Matar) and the other from the end of the Jihad (Omega).

For refreshing the game, I would rather like to see mechs with melee weapons (melee hardpoints), like the Berserker, Axman, Hatchetman and Scarabus. Those fit the timeline, are relatively common (and relevant) and would be a blast in Solaris.

#17808 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image
November 1st for the next pack.

#17809 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostOvion, on 26 October 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

Posted Image
November 1st for the next pack.

Yep.
6 days for the Black Lanner! (or Hellhound)

#17810 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostOdanan, on 26 October 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

Yep.
6 days for the Black Lanner! (or Hellhound)
Lets hope its the actual Hellhound and not that abomination from MW4.

#17811 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 26 October 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

The "actual" Hellhound is one of the most forgettable mechs in the entire Battletech IP in terms of both its appearance and loadout.

#17812 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 26 October 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I have to disagree with this one. If it wasn't for MW4, the Hellhound would be just one of these boring Clan battlemechs that no one cares about.

Sure, I hated when MW4 completely changed the Conjurer's design (they should have released the Black Lanner instead - or even invented yet another new mech), but with time I learned to accept and now even like a lot MW4's Hellhound.

As I said many times before, this is the opportunity of PGI and Catalyst to conciliate both designs, saying the Hellhound is a version of the Conjurer built in IS territory that uses a lot of the Black Lanner parts.

View PostFupDup, on 26 October 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

The "actual" Hellhound is one of the most forgettable mechs in the entire Battletech IP in terms of both its appearance and loadout.

This. ^

#17813 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 October 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Yea Req sorry to say it, the MW4 Hellhound is far more known then the Conjurer. Honestly would be nice to see the MW4 added, and bumped up to the 55t omni to compliment the Stormcrow. Blacklanner just UGH please no :/ Could not even use it in scouting ffs -.-

#17814 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

View PostCK16, on 26 October 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Could not even use it in scouting ffs -.-

This might actually be the only reason we won't see another 55t clan medium quite soon.

There is actually a better reason for the 'redesign' of the Conjurer. As it basically is a Wolverine IIC the clans decided to not only rename it from the not-named clans name, but to also alter its design to create a completely new mech, known in the IS as the Hellhound as it no longer even resembles a Wolverine.

#17815 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostGasoline, on 27 October 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

This might actually be the only reason we won't see another 55t clan medium quite soon.

We will see. The mech is pretty popular for PGI to pass, and could work very well in other modes.

There is actually a better reason for the 'redesign' of the Conjurer. As it basically is a Wolverine IIC the clans decided to not only rename it from the not-named clans name, but to also alter its design to create a completely new mech, known in the IS as the Hellhound as it no longer even resembles a Wolverine.

Great idea! Randall Bills: read this!!!

#17816 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 October 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

They could've at least thrown an Argus at us. Posted Image
Only mech from MW4 i'd have wanted.

I prefer mediums. *pretends to not see the awful pun*

They could also throw a Flea at us too and I will shut the F up about that mech Posted Image

Dont bother with the punny, there will be quads in some kind of BT someday, dont you worry. i actually suspect both the Battletech and MW5 Mercs game to potentially show off some quads ( not Krogan!). I mean bot those upcoming games will have all sorts of other kinds of vehicles besides mechs. Posted Image

#17817 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image
wonder how I would have done had I released this for the old MWO Marauder redesign contest?

#17818 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Your forgetting one major problem. The Conjuror(Known also as the Hellhound), was noted by Comstar as the Wolverine IIC for it's obvious heritage. Granted, the TRO art looks more like a Wolverine with a Shadowhawk's head stuck to it, but it looked enough like a Wolverine to still have been called the Wolverine IIC. It is a similar situation to the Great Wyrm, a Clan 45 tonner that is in effect a Dragon IIC in everything but name.

#17819 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hardly anyone would know about the Hellhound/Conjurer with out the MW4 version. and Even fewer would care or notice about the Woverine IIC. NO ONE KNOW CARES ABOUT THE CONJURER honestly. Many more care about the MW4 Hellhound Req, sorry your thoughts are like .01% here of the MWO/Btech population

Edited by CK16, 29 October 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#17820 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

I'll chime in to remind everyone that a good compromise on the Hellhound issue would be for the MW4 version to be canonized as its own 100% entirely separate mech under a new name like Warhound or Bloodhound. There, no lore broken.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users