20517 replies to this topic

#18421 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 02 January 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Honestly the best heavy omni for the IS to start with, is the Black Hawk KU, it is just a bigger Nova....

Yes!

View PostMetus regem, on 02 January 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

If I could pick an IS Omni pack, based on tech we have in game right now.... I'd likely go with these choices:

Light: Raptor (the first IS Omni, and one of the best options for the lights)
Medium: Men Shen (Hands down the best IS Medium weight Omni, not counting the Gauntlet or Centurion Omni)
Heavy: Black Hawk KU (solid all round unit.)
Assault: Templar or Sunder (this one depends largely on personal choice, as both have strengths that the other does not, both have flaws that the other does not.)

More yes!!

#18422 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

Anytime now...

#18423 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

Since there are good or even excellent choices in every weight class for an IS Omni pack, I don't see the need for changing the OmniMech rules. (And make no mistake, the Avatar would still be a bad Mech even with LFE).

The IS XL is not as much of a weakness as some people seem to think. I would choose the XL for the Men Shen either way, even if I'd prefer a slightly lower rating; but with fixed ratings I think it has the right engine. Same is true for the Black Hawk-KU.

Only the assaults are somewhat more of a problem, since XLs are a bold choice requiring a hell of a pilot - and even then... if you know what to aim for, an assault pilot has a hard time rolling the damage. So geometry and hitbixes are all the more important, though I for one would just go with the Hauptmann, inefficient as it may be.

#18424 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostMarauder3D, on 02 January 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

2. There will need to be a redesign/rollback on IS XL engine side torso death. Otherwise, PGI will go through the trouble of releasing mechs that no one will buy. And because those mechs would sell well with the MW4 crowd....PGI needs to get to rethinking the IS XL engine.

There's actually a really easy way to do it that's been proposed several times before. IS XL has 3 crits in ST, LFE and Clan XL have 2. On IS XL ST loss, mech acquires the current 60% penalty currently seen in Clan XL implementation; and on IS LFE or Clan XL loss, then the mech acquires a 40% penalty (Edit: For clarity's sake, 20% effectiveness loss per crit lost). All cause Mech death on both ST loss. Simple, elegant, and Clan XL is still essentially the superior engine; but at least IS XL could then survive a ST loss.

Then you could just make it so that XXL (if/when they come out) would cause either faction's XXL engine to kill the mech on a single ST loss. Therefore the solution is so simple it even paves the way for future tech.

Edited by Sereglach, 02 January 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#18425 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 02 January 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#18426 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostOdanan, on 02 January 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Anytime now...

I don't think it is today at this point.

#18427 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 02 January 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

I don't think it is today at this point.

:(

#18428 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostOdanan, on 02 January 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

I mean, after how the quality of mechs has gone down.... I really only buy either PGI original or Light mechs in case for pre-ordering.

I have a feeling PGI will continue to introduce MW4 mechs though. So we don't have that many left.

#18429 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostMarauder3D, on 02 January 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

I've said it before, but Wasp/Stinger or Crusader is PGI's last chance at my grognard money. That is because I want them ported over to HBS: Battletech as soon as humanly possible.

Then again, we need some courtroom news before that can happen, and no one seems to have a subscription to Pacer Monitor so I can read whats going on over there.

It's more than that. I keep pointing out that those are also perfect "sizzle" mechs to intro in MW5. To do so before hand dilutes possible impact and sales for that game. I would still bet we don't see nay more classic 3025 designs until AFTER MW5 launches. Marketplan-wise, that is the best, most sensible time to release them.

#18430 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 January 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's more than that. I keep pointing out that those are also perfect "sizzle" mechs to intro in MW5. To do so before hand dilutes possible impact and sales for that game. I would still bet we don't see nay more classic 3025 designs until AFTER MW5 launches. Marketplan-wise, that is the best, most sensible time to release them.

At this point, highly plausible. However, there is also an alternative . . . doing a "Project Phoenix" or "Clan Invasion" style pack where buying over a certain tier (likely number of chassis, given new purchase methods) provides an automatic preorder Steam Key for MW5. That could ensure that . . .

1: the mechs are funded (because we know via the Urbanmech that a developed mech needs to at least pay for itself) and developed in time

and

2: it would/could provide a synchronized release of the mechs for MWO and MW5's launch.

Both of these effects would generate a great deal of hype for a MW5 release and possibly even secure quite a few preorders.

However, we've also seen the good folks at HBS want to add a lot of mechs to the game as well (in success . . .) so they could already be ninja-developing them in the background for release in both games (eventually). Regardless, we know when they come to MWO they'll be doing so through a mech pack, so even if they're already in development, they're not going to go straight to c-bills for an MWO release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a semi-related side note, it is nice to see HBS Battletech and MW5 on nearly every gaming venue's "Most anticipated games of 2018" lists. Whether paid for article placement or not, the PR should be good for both games; and might even get some attention for MWO, since every mention I've seen of MW5 has nodded to MWO's existence.

#18431 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

No mech....
Posted Image

#18432 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

Sadly...

#18433 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 04 January 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Sadly...

I hope the wait will worth it... maybe a 4-mech pack is coming, like IS Omnis?

#18434 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

Even better than a 4 pack of IS omnis would be 2 IS omnis and 2 of those missing clan mediums! This way there is candy to lure all the children they satisfy everyone!

#18435 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

Maybe an omni and a classic mech for both clan and inner sphere? We still miss good stuff like the charger...

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 04 January 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#18436 Storming Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

super heavy's and heavy assualts pls.

#18437 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 04 January 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Maybe an omni and a classic mech for both clan and inner sphere? We still miss good stuff like the charger...

I'd put money you wont see the charger or any other 3025 mech til MW5 drops

#18438 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostCaptian Barney, on 04 January 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

super heavy's and heavy assualts pls.

Want to see how a Super Heavy pilots, take out an atlas with a 200 series engine......

#18439 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 January 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

I'd put money you wont see the charger or any other 3025 mech til MW5 drops

I know your theory. Seems to be resonable.

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 04 January 2018 - 10:04 AM.

#18440 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 04 January 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

I know your theory. Seems to be resonable.

which means it will likely be wrong!

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users