Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread

BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#5481 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

There will be no faction exclusive mechs in the game.

They'll be just more expensive for some factions.

#5482 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostEns, on 16 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

So....ATTENTION Battletech-Lore-Pros:

i´m in need of some clarification :D
someday, someone made a topic somewhere and pointed out which mech ( currently in game ) is used by which house or even exclusively by which house.

to be short:
is it true, that there is still no house-exclusive mech in game for Steiner?? but every other house is served well? ( kind of )

that would frustrate me even more, since the Zeus is yet to be seen on the battlefield :ph34r:

A number of the traditionally-Lyran 'Mechs (including the Zeus and the Commando) are typically found in service among the KungsArmé (the FRR military) as well as the AFFS (or, rather, the FedSuns side of the AFFC).

Frankly, none of the 'Mechs currently in-game are exclusive to any Faction, despite some of those same 'Mechs being generally - even heavily - affiliated with particular Faction(s).

#5483 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

that wasn´t exactly what i meant...and i already knew that

hmm i need to re-explain my post i see....or to find the thread i was talking about

#5484 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

What he is trying to say is that he wants a Lyran design that is heavily used by Lyran forces like the Zeus. The Davion forces got the Victor which is one of their flagship designs even though other houses still use it.

#5485 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

someday, someone made a topic somewhere and pointed out which mech ( currently in game ) is used by which house or even exclusively by which house.

to be short:
is it true, that there is still no house-exclusive mech in game for Steiner?? but every other house is served well? ( kind of )

that would frustrate me even more, since the Zeus is yet to be seen on the battlefield :ph34r:

commando is quintessentially Steiner. even managed to keep the star leagues grubby hands off it.

there are no true Davion exclusives in game, though.

#5486 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

to be short:

Are you asking for Steiner exclusivity? Or more of Steiner design? There isn't a single mech in the genre that is exclusive at this point in time (excluding the SL era mechs of Comstar, but those aren't Comstar designs, just relics). Now, for Steiner designs, I think most of the mechs built on Hesperus II are Steiner designs...

#5487 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 16 October 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

What he is trying to say is that he wants a Lyran design that is heavily used by Lyran forces like the Zeus. The Davion forces got the Victor which is one of their flagship designs even though other houses still use it.

this exactly :D !!!

and according to this:
http://www.sarna.net...nce_BattleMechs

...there is nothing but the Highlander

Edited by Ens, 16 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#5488 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 16 October 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Thing is, while itis a Davion favorite, it is far from a"Davion" mech, and It's funny hearing it referred to as such. It is quite common in both Kurita and Davion space, just as the Jagermech is very common in Davion and Liao space (as is the Blackjack) and to a lesser extent Kurita space.

The Victor is as much a Davey mech as the Atlas is a Steiner mech.

In game the only true "house specials" atm are the Commando (Steiner), Jenner (Kurita), Raven (Liao) and Dragon (Kurita)

The Orion and Awesome are nominally Marik mechs, as is the Hunchback and Spider (export to the DCMS), but they have have exported them for so long to anyone with money that they are Marik mechs only in that they have ¨Made on the FWL¨ stickers on their butts.

All the rest are mechs well scattered across the Inner Sphere, some of which certain house prefer for their military doctrine.

View PostEns, on 16 October 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

and according to this:

Bad news for you. Highlander isn´t Lyran produced again til about 3058. And it´s still not really exclusive.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 October 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#5489 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Thing is, while itis a Davion favorite, it is far from a"Davion" mech, and It's funny hearing it referred to as such. It is quite common in both Kurita and Davion space, just as the Jagermech is very common in Davion and Liao space (as is the Blackjack) and to a lesser extent Kurita space.

The Victor is as much a Davey mech as the Atlas is a Steiner mech.

In game the only true "house specials" atm are the Commando (Steiner), Jenner (Kurita), Raven (Liao) and Dragon (Kurita)

The Orion and Awesome are nominally Marik mechs, as is the Hunchback and Spider (export to the DCMS), but they have have exported them for so long to anyone with money that they are Marik mechs only in that they have ¨Made on the FWL¨ stickers on their butts.

All the rest are mechs well scattered across the Inner Sphere, some of which certain house prefer for their military doctrine.

Bad news for you. Highlander isn´t Lyran produced again til about 3058. And it´s still not really exclusive.

I thought that the Kurita forces ended up hating the Victor due to it being associated with Davion forces. I refered to it being a flagship mech since it was so heavily used by Davions. In reality its a SLDF mech that was not lost over the many wars like some others were.

#5490 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostEns, on 16 October 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

and according to this:

Now, how many of those have three extant variants in or before 3050?
  • Commando (already in-game)
  • Firestarter
  • Wolfhound
  • Sentinel
  • Griffin (soon to be in-game)
  • Zeus
  • Banshee
  • Highlander (already in-game)
  • Atlas (already in-game)**
Also of note is that the list actually linked in the quoted post doesn't (currently) include the Atlas. :ph34r:

Then again...
"This listing tries to list the manufacturing situation roughly around the 3067-3072. BattleMechs that have been manufactured before in the Lyran Alliance but stopped production (because of e.g. war, territorial losses or economical reasons) until 3067 are not included."
Are the Lyrans no longer building Atlases after 3067...!? :lol:

#5491 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 16 October 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

I thought that the Kurita forces ended up hating the Victor due to it being associated with Davion forces. I refered to it being a flagship mech since it was so heavily used by Davions. In reality its a SLDF mech that was not lost over the many wars like some others were.

Thats why the Kuritans made a copy of the Victor called Hatamoto.

#5492 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostWieland, on 16 October 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

I thought that it was a remake of the Thug and Charger using Lostech? Pretty much the same thing though and it would make a pretty good energy version of the Victor. I am not familiar with the timeline/variants and lawsuits; but is there any chance of getting the Thug, Charger, and Hatamoto-Chi?

#5493 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 16 October 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Now, how many of those have three extant variants in or before 3050?
  • Commando (already in-game)
  • Firestarter
  • Wolfhound
  • Sentinel
  • Griffin (soon to be in-game)
  • Zeus
  • Banshee
  • Highlander (already in-game)
  • Atlas (already in-game)**
Also of note is that the list actually linked in the quoted post doesn't (currently) include the Atlas. :D

Then again...
"This listing tries to list the manufacturing situation roughly around the 3067-3072. BattleMechs that have been manufactured before in the Lyran Alliance but stopped production (because of e.g. war, territorial losses or economical reasons) until 3067 are not included."
Are the Lyrans no longer building Atlases after 3067...!? :ph34r:

Well, in the Jihad, WoB did take over Hesperus II. IDK for how long, but it's possible after the Jihad, Lyrans turned toward more modern designs?

View PostWieland, on 16 October 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

The Hatamo-Chi was a cheap Kurita knock off of the SLDF Thug, based off the Charger chassis, given ethnic flair to appeal to Samurai vanity. Had nothing to do with the Victor.

#5494 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hmm, yeah it was based on the charger. Guess it was another mech that used the Victor as base.

#5495 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 16 October 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

I thought that it was a remake of the Thug and Charger using Lostech? Pretty much the same thing though and it would make a pretty good energy version of the Victor. I am not familiar with the timeline/variants and lawsuits; but is there any chance of getting the Thug, Charger, and Hatamoto-Chi?

would LOVE me a THUG. I try to make one with the AWS, but that torso......bad memories.

#5496 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 October 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

would LOVE me a THUG. I try to make one with the AWS, but that torso......bad memories.

I remember one time right after PGI introduced the 2 point damage again for SRMs, I came up a Awesome that had 2ERPPCs and 3 ASRM6s; the damn thing cleared all the armor off the torso of my Heavy Metal (fresh armor too) in 2 salvos. First time that I have ever ran away from an Awesome lol. Makes me want a Thug just to stomp around and kick the {Scrap} out of people.

#5497 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 16 October 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

I remember one time right after PGI introduced the 2 point damage again for SRMs, I came up a Awesome that had 2ERPPCs and 3 ASRM6s; the damn thing cleared all the armor off the torso of my Heavy Metal (fresh armor too) in 2 salvos. First time that I have ever ran away from an Awesome lol. Makes me want a Thug just to stomp around and kick the {Scrap} out of people.

My 8V has that loadout (well that's most of it hehe), love saying hello with two 72 alpha's then make like a tree :)

#5498 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

i´m in need of some clarification :)

to be short:

that would frustrate me even more, since the Zeus is yet to be seen on the battlefield :o

From the OP:

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Mechs per Faction
Spoiler

EDIT: I will detail better this list.

Edited by Odanan, 17 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#5499 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostOdanan, on 17 October 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

From the OP:

EDIT: I will detail better this list.

Also, something to note would be that the FRR (as of January 3050) primarily uses a mixture of Lyran- and Combine-built 'Mech designs.

"The KungsArme has trade agreements with the 'Mech manufacturers in the Draconis Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth. As a result, Rasalhague BattleMech regiments include machines common to both states, with a few BattleMechs on loan from ComStar. The sight of a Kurita Dragon fighting alongside a Lyran Zeus or a Kurita Panther to cover the advance of a Lyran Commando might be startling to outsiders, but it is a common one in the KungsArme."
(20 Year Update, pg. 49)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 17 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#5500 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

To end all misinformation, here is a present for you guys (carbon copy of the Assignment Tables):

Posted Image
Only the Kintaro I had to dig more for Kuritan numbers.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users