ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostOdanan, on 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

To end all misinformation, here is a present for you guys (carbon copy of the Assignment Tables):

Posted Image
Only the Kintaro I had to dig more for Kuritan numbers.

Wow, so the
ATLAS is more commons with Davion and Kurita than Steiner (despite the steiner scout lance nonsense)
BATTLEMASTER is more common in the FWL, then the LC and then the CC tthan either Davion or Kurita.
HIGHLANDER is equally common to the CC and LC
KINTARO is overall more common in the FS than anywhere
VICTOR is equally common to both the CCAF and the AFFS.

#5502 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 October 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Wow, so the
ATLAS is more commons with Davion and Kurita than Steiner (despite the steiner scout lance nonsense)
BATTLEMASTER is more common in the FWL, then the LC and then the CC tthan either Davion or Kurita.
HIGHLANDER is equally common to the CC and LC
KINTARO is overall more common in the FS than anywhere
VICTOR is equally common to both the CCAF and the AFFS.

Yes.
And the Flea* is uncommon even in the FWL, the only one to deploy it.

So PGI, it is still time to ignore the Flea (which is redundant with the Locust, BTW) and give us the most common lighties: the Firestarter and the UrbanMech.

#5503 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostOdanan, on 17 October 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yes.

So PGI, it is still time to ignore the Flea (which is redundant with the Locust, BTW) and give us the most common lighties: the Firestarter and the UrbanMech.

between Awesomes, Hunchbacks, Cicadas, Orions and Fleas I am starting to think the FWL is actually Space Vancouver......

#5504 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 October 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

between Awesomes, Hunchbacks, Cicadas, Orions and Fleas I am starting to think the FWL is actually Space Vancouver......

They build the most common mechs in the Inner Sphere and they sell for everyone, friend or foe.
Not to mention that, with the Clan Invasion, they become the main arms dealers of the houses.

#5505 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes.

I think they're working towards the Urbie with the Locust. They're about the same size and they are the same weight.

#5506 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostColddawg, on 17 October 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

I think they're working towards the Urbie with the Locust. They're about the same size and they are the same weight.

Locust is 20 tons.

Urbie is 30 tons.

#5507 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostColddawg, on 17 October 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 October 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Locust is 20 tons.

Urbie is 30 tons.

Yeah... the UrbanMech is the same mass as the Spider and built more like a Hunchback (that is, relatively stocky for its mass, rather than lithe like the Spider).
I wouldn't expect it to be the same height as the Locust, either; if anything, I would guess it'd probably be close to the Commando, or maybe even the Jenner, in terms of height.

#5508 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

The Urbie only makes sense with 6-8 ballistic points in the arm.

The Flea is not that redundant. It's the flagship for MASC.

I'm looking forward to the Javelin though.

#5509 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 18 October 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

The Urbie only makes sense with 6-8 ballistic points in the arm.

The Flea is not that redundant. It's the flagship for MASC.

I'm looking forward to the Javelin though.

Most of the other Lights only have a total of 4-6 hardpoints.

The UrbanMech, if ever implemented, would probably face the same limit, and (IMO) would probably look something like:
  • UM-R60: x2 ballistic hardpoints (Right Arm; AC/10), x2 energy hardpoints (Left Arm; Small Laser)
  • UM-R60L: x3 ballistic hardpoints (Right Arm; AC/20), x1 energy hardpoint (Left Arm; Small Laser)
  • UM-R63: x1 ballistic hardpoint (Right Arm; LB 10-X), x2 energy hardpoint (Left Torso; Small Pulse Laser), x1 energy hardpoint (Left Arm; Small Laser)
Such an arrangement produces a "balanced variant" (UM-R60), a "ballistics-heavy variant" (UM-R60L), and an "energy-heavy variant" (UM-R63).

IMO, it would also likely have torso-elevation/twist degrees roughly comparable to those of the Catapult (e.g. ~15-20 degrees of pitch & ~120-140 degrees of yaw).

Thoughts?

#5510 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 October 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

The UrbanMech, if ever implemented, would probably face the same limit, and (IMO) would probably look something like:
  • UM-R60: x2 ballistic hardpoints (Right Arm; AC/10), x2 energy hardpoints (Left Arm; Small Laser)
  • UM-R60L: x3 ballistic hardpoints (Right Arm; AC/20), x1 energy hardpoint (Left Arm; Small Laser)
  • UM-R63: x1 ballistic hardpoint (Right Arm; LB 10-X), x2 energy hardpoint (Left Torso; Small Pulse Laser), x1 energy hardpoint (Left Arm; Small Laser)
Such an arrangement produces a "balanced variant" (UM-R60), a "ballistics-heavy variant" (UM-R60L), and an "energy-heavy variant" (UM-R63).

IMO, it would also likely have torso-elevation/twist degrees roughly comparable to those of the Catapult (e.g. ~15-20 degrees of pitch & ~120-140 degrees of yaw).

Thoughts?

I don't know if I'd cram an AC20 into the urbie.... I'd give it an AC5 and upgrade the laser for balance. MAYBE even a missile hardpoint similar to the Thorn. PGI holds creative license after all, they can make this change if needed.....

#5511 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 October 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

I don't know if I'd cram an AC20 into the urbie.... I'd give it an AC5 and upgrade the laser for balance. MAYBE even a missile hardpoint similar to the Thorn. PGI holds creative license after all, they can make this change if needed.....

The UM-R60L is a canonical stock variant that replaces the original AC/10 (and ammo) and 2 tons of armor with an AC/20 (and ammo).

The weapons I listed are the stock loadouts for each of the variants named in my post.

#5512 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 October 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

The UM-R60L is a canonical stock variant that replaces the original AC/10 (and ammo) and 2 tons of armor with an AC/20 (and ammo).

The weapons I listed are the stock loadouts for each of the variants named in my post.

Wow, an AC20... Damn. Well, with what? 1 ton of ammo? That's not viable IMO.....

#5513 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 October 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Wow, an AC20... Damn. Well, with what? 1 ton of ammo? That's not viable IMO.....

Actually... yes, it does come with only one ton of ammo.

Then again, the UM-R60 starts with only one ton of AC/10 ammo, and the UM-R63 starts with only one ton of LB 10-X ammo. :)

#5514 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Posted ImageHunter/Killer still waiting, and waiting, and waiting some morePosted Image

#5515 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 October 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Thoughts?

For compensating the lack of speed, I would inflate at least one more ballistics hardpoint for each variant.

#5516 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 October 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Fortunately, PGI kept the stock variants true to the canon stats. Creative license? - only for hero variants.

#5517 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 18 October 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Fortunately, PGI kept the stock variants true to the canon stats. Creative license? - only for hero variants.

So far.... :)

#5518 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 October 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

It is viable in a warfare situation. If you hide the thing properly in some old garage, power down, lead the enemy force down that path and get your Urbie pilots (some local militia only, no need to waste real pilots) to fire off one shot from that AC/20 in the back of them (which is pretty nice kick, I mean, a successful rear CT shot would destroy even the mighty AS7-D) and then eject and run for their lives, you've got a perfect bang for a buck.

Not usable in MW:O, true, but you can't deny this thing isn't really as stupidly built as one would think on the first look. :)

Hey, we have some too. :blink:

#5519 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

It is viable in a warfare situation. If you hide the thing properly in some old garage, power down, lead the enemy force down that path and get your Urbie pilots (some local militia only, no need to waste real pilots) to fire off one shot from that AC/20 in the back of them (which is pretty nice kick, I mean, a successful rear CT shot would destroy even the mighty AS7-D) and then eject and run for their lives, you've got a perfect bang for a buck.

Not usable in MW:O, true, but you can't deny this thing isn't really as stupidly built as one would think on the first look. :)

Hey, we have some too. :blink:

Yes we know capellans have fleas. But there are lotions and shampoos for that. :blink:

#5520 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 October 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

Yes we know capellans have fleas. But there are lotions and shampoos for that. :)

LOL! That was the most offensive Cappie joke ever!

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook