#7321 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 24 February 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

^The rules for TT were recently amended to require LOS.

"LOS: Units must have LOS to a target to make an attack using a C3 system, as does the C3 system itself. For example, in the C3 Diagram on p. 132, if something in hex 0409 was blocking LOS between the unit in Hex B and the target in Hex A, the units in Hexes C and D would not be able to use unit B’s range for the purposes of targeting the ’Mech in Hex A. " - TW Errata, v4.01

"An attacking unit may only gain the benefit of the C³ network against a target from the nearest network member unit with LOS to the target." - Xotl (BT Forum Mod) on "Another C3 & Terrain Question"

So, the errata indicates that there needs to be LOS between the "spotter" and the target & the pre-errata rules indicate that there must be LOS between the "shooter" and the target, but where is there an official indication that there necessarily needs to be LOS between the spotter and the shooter if both are part of the same C3 lance (or that either of them necessarily needs to have LOS to the C3 Command Unit, or that anything other than ECM is capable of severing the C3 Master/Slave link)? :D

#7322 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 February 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

Same here. Unless they totally reimagine it, it's gonna be BLOATED. pot belly, Massive Shoulder stacks. No XL for you! Meaning good luck doing anything useful with the ballistics. I could be wrong, but seriously, before people beg, have they even remotely thought about the hit boxes?
It may end up having a narrow CT hitbox, at the very least.

Looking at how they squished the ears of the madcat, I can see the bunny ears of the Mauler getting reduced to little stubs, similar to what happened to the LRM hunchbacks.

#7323 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

View PostSephlock, on 24 February 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Looking at how they squished the ears of the madcat, I can see the bunny ears of the Mauler getting reduced to little stubs, similar to what happened to the LRM hunchbacks.

I hope not, the tall slender launchers of the Mauler add to it's presence imo despite what it would do hitbox wise

#7324 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostScrawny Cowboy, on 24 February 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

I hope not, the tall slender launchers of the Mauler add to it's presence imo despite what it would do hitbox wise
Same here, but they will.

#7325 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostSephlock, on 24 February 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

skinny CT sounds good.... but unless one is swapping the 4 AC2 for MG, would mean a serious issue with using the hardpoints.

#7326 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

Posted Image

http://rpg.drivethru...he-Republic-Era

It's out...

I am happy but sad as well though...

#7327 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

ok Tuesday is there a patch for today, also waiting to see the NEW concept art or screens of the next assault.

#7328 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 25 February 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

ok Tuesday is there a patch for today, also waiting to see the NEW concept art or screens of the next assault.

just had patch last week? Aren't we on a biweekly patch schedule?

#7329 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 February 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Yes, next patch is on the 4th.

#7330 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 February 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Yep we had 4th and 18Th Feb.. next patch is March 4Th.. I think it will contain the Wolverines? and/or the unannounced assault?

#7331 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 25 February 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yep we had 4th and 18Th Feb.. next patch is March 4Th.. I think it will contain the Wolverines? and/or the unannounced assault?

Bryan implied that PGI was (mostly) sticking to the Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault release pattern in the last NGNG podcast, so I actually think we might be a little ways off on the next Assault. Especially if Alex is just now doing the arts for the Mauler. It'll take awhile to finalize and model in game. So I am actually.... expecting a Medium next month..... :D

#7332 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 February 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Bryan implied that PGI was (mostly) sticking to the Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault release pattern in the last NGNG podcast, so I actually think we might be a little ways off on the next Assault. Especially if Alex is just now doing the arts for the Mauler. It'll take awhile to finalize and model in game. So I am actually.... expecting a Medium next month..... :D

Another? I get the whole "mediums are the working class in BT" but really with them being so generous on hardpoints for the Shadowhawk what is there left to add gameplay wise?

Do no want : (

#7333 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

By 'next month' you mean April I assume? That could be possible, or perhaps they finally get the latency issue sorted and we get MASC & the Flea in April, then another Medium in May.

#7334 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hey, he said we would have an Assault in March!
If they want to resume the Light->Medium->Heavy->Assault circle in April, sure, no problem. But give me my Banshee in March!

#7335 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 February 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Hey, he said we would have an Assault in March!
If they want to resume the Light->Medium->Heavy->Assault circle in April, sure, no problem. But give me my Banshee in March!

Where did he say that? In the interview when they asked for details, he said nothing about it being an assault, but referenced the lmha cycle and that asked was working on the mauler

#7336 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

In the OP:

(from Russ Bullock's twitter, 13/feb/2014)
I will say new Assault in March but that is all you will get from me sorry.

#7337 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

A promise is a promise.

(besides, two Medium mechs in one month is not quite stimulating...)

#7338 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostScrawny Cowboy, on 25 February 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Another? I get the whole "mediums are the working class in BT" but really with them being so generous on hardpoints for the Shadowhawk what is there left to add gameplay wise?

Do no want : (

Actually we used to say the same thing about Medium Mechs before the Shadowhawk's release. The Hunchback brought AC builds, the Cent covered Missile Death, both had backup energy weapons and zombie well. We had the BJ mix things up by adding more mobility. The community thought there would be nothing the Shadowhawk could offer.

Turns out we were wrong. The Griffin has been the subject of a lot of flak as well though it is finding a place in the Medium hierarchy. Granted there are a number of "dead mediums" as they are often referred to, can't remember the last time I felt threatened by a Kintaro or a bucket.

That said, I'm not expecting anything past the Wolverine for March and that will be released on the 18th. No sooner.

Edited by SuckyJack, 25 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#7339 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 25 February 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

so the Vindicator was hot air ?

#7340 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostCathy, on 25 February 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

so the Vindicator was hot air ?

Like the Mauler, it will probably be released in a near future (maybe still in 2014). It doesn't have to be next month.

73 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 73 guests, 0 anonymous users