ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 21 August 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

Let's see... I agree that we won't get another Medium for a while, so what does that leave us? (working off the original 3025TRO)

For Assaults; it's Zeus, Cyclops, or Charger. I think it will be Zeus (but hope for Charget).

For Heavies; it's Grasshopper. That's it. Personally I feel that the Ost line should be considered reseen, and would like to see them represented. But I like the Grasshopper better.

For Lights; it's Javelin, Urbanmech, and Panther (go Ostscout!). Javelin is my personal front runner, but all three are great candidates for some serious Quirk Lovin'.

Just keepin' it old school.

Yeah, though a Vulcan or assassin would still be a welcome addition......

#8822 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 20 August 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

You got to watch out for them ewoks.... They will bite your knee caps off. :D
Posted Image
http://burningdreams...Ewoks-438058933

Is it bad I read this in the Red vs Blue voices?

Edited by cdlord, 23 August 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#8823 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

View Postcdlord, on 23 August 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

Is it bad I read this in the Red vs Blue voices?

Oh, I liked this. Will be watching more episodes (and so my productivity shrinks)

#8824 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 August 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Oh, I liked this. Will be watching more episodes (and so my productivity shrinks)

And another soul is saved from mediocrity. ^_^

#8825 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

View Postcdlord, on 23 August 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

And another soul is saved from mediocrity. ^_^

Hey, I was already saved from mediocrity when I started watching Macross (Robotech), about 29 years ago.

#8826 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

So I got the Vindi hero Blue. And It is ok but could use more energy hard points. But I do love the way it drives thought. And it looks great.

#8827 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

The internetz does not disappoint...

Posted Image

#8828 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

View Postcdlord, on 25 August 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

The internetz does not disappoint...

Posted Image

Oh heck yea, I want one of those. What do you call it...hmm...maybe Atlas...Ilya...Hunch....AHH!

Atilya the Hunch!

#8829 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 19 August 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

That is not a good thing. It means that it will miss everything, including the Awesome, and die easily.

Pfft. Stormtroopers are actually excellent shots, but they prefer herding their targets so they can capture them :D

#8830 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

View Poststjobe, on 25 August 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Pfft. Stormtroopers are actually excellent shots, but they prefer herding their targets so they can capture them :D

No actually only the first generation Clone Troopers were good shots. It is their reputation that made Storm Troopers so feared. When order 66 was issued and the Republic army was remade into the army of the Galactic Empire. Around this time they started to introduce 2nd generation Clone Troopers which were clones of clones since Jango was killed in Episode 2. They we okay in terms of skills but since they were a "copy of a copy" they were vastly less skilled. As time went on the original Troopers became too old to be in service (they age at twice the rate) and they were "retired" and they started bringing in regular people to fill the ranks. At this point the Empire was growing so fast and there was not enough money to fund it that Papeltine decided that cheap and disposable was better than skilled and expensive. Since the death rate was high in the Imperial army/navy it was rare that anyone would survive long enough to become skilled and if they did they were quickly promoted out of the disposable ranks. Hence the joke that Storm Troopers cannot hit anything.

Edited by FireSlade, 25 August 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#8831 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Bishop what is you Blue's load out?

#8832 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 25 August 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

No actually only the first generation Clone Troopers were good shots. It is their reputation that made Storm Troopers so feared. When order 66 was issued and the Republic army was remade into the army of the Galactic Empire. Around this time they started to introduce 2nd generation Clone Troopers which were clones of clones since Jango was killed in Episode 2. They we okay in terms of skills but since they were a "copy of a copy" they were vastly less skilled. As time went on the original Troopers became too old to be in service (they age at twice the rate) and they were "retired" and they started bringing in regular people to fill the ranks. At this point the Empire was growing so fast and there was not enough money to fund it that Papeltine decided that cheap and disposable was better than skilled and expensive. Since the death rate was high in the Imperial army/navy it was rare that anyone would survive long enough to become skilled and if they did they were quickly promoted out of the disposable ranks. Hence the joke that Storm Troopers cannot hit anything.

In Star Wars Battlefront 2 there is a story arc where some clones revolted on Kamino and the 501st was sent in to put them down. After that it said that the Emperor decided to "delude" the clone gene pool to add more diverse donors so they weren't all of like mind.

"Although the clone rebellion was soundly defeated, this incident convinced Emperor Palpatine to commission the creation of new clones from different templates and the recruitment of birth-born soldiers to fill the ranks of the Stormtrooper Corps. Although the Jango Fett template would still be used, none of the Fett clones, especially the members of the 501st who defeated the rebel clones, would ever get used to the increasing diversity in the army ranks that they once filled as a whole.[1]"

Source

Edited by cdlord, 26 August 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#8833 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 25 August 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

View Postcdlord, on 26 August 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

In Star Wars Battlefront 2 there is a story arc where some clones revolted on Kamino and the 501st was sent in to put them down. After that it said that the Emperor decided to "delude" the clone gene pool to add more diverse donors so they weren't all of like mind.

"Although the clone rebellion was soundly defeated, this incident convinced Emperor Palpatine to commission the creation of new clones from different templates and the recruitment of birth-born soldiers to fill the ranks of the Stormtrooper Corps. Although the Jango Fett template would still be used, none of the Fett clones, especially the members of the 501st who defeated the rebel clones, would ever get used to the increasing diversity in the army ranks that they once filled as a whole.[1]"

Source

Nerd Fight

#8834 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

View Postcdlord, on 26 August 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

Source

That arc happened a few years after Episode 3 and a teenage Boba Fett participated in it (I believe, but could be wrong). It just reinforces that the quality of the Imperial troops was greatly degrading. You should read up on the Republic/Imperial Commando novels by Karen Travis. I thought that they were really good and that they are some of my favorites. I just wish that she was allowed to finish the story of Kal Skirata and his Clone Commandos.

View PostMonkeyDCecil, on 26 August 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Nerd Fight

We all "Nerd" out about something. ;)

#8835 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 26 August 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

We all "Nerd" out about something. ;)

Some of us nerd out about ALL THE THINGS :blink:

I admit, I'm a nerd. And as I used to tell all my classes of Unix/Linux sysadmin students (a rather nerdy bunch of geeks right there) when the subject inevitably came up; if you're going to be a nerd anyway, why not be the best nerd you can? Why limit yourself to ONE area of nerdness? Be nerdy and PROUD!

Hell, take tango lessons; tango is pretty nerdy in this day and age B)

#8836 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 26 August 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

That arc happened a few years after Episode 3 and a teenage Boba Fett participated in it (I believe, but could be wrong). It just reinforces that the quality of the Imperial troops was greatly degrading. You should read up on the Republic/Imperial Commando novels by Karen Travis. I thought that they were really good and that they are some of my favorites. I just wish that she was allowed to finish the story of Kal Skirata and his Clone Commandos.

We all "Nerd" out about something. :blink:

Our continual participation in MWO's forum proves that lol.

#8837 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

View Poststjobe, on 26 August 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Some of us nerd out about ALL THE THINGS :blink:

I admit, I'm a nerd. And as I used to tell all my classes of Unix/Linux sysadmin students (a rather nerdy bunch of geeks right there) when the subject inevitably came up; if you're going to be a nerd anyway, why not be the best nerd you can? Why limit yourself to ONE area of nerdness? Be nerdy and PROUD!

Hell, take tango lessons; tango is pretty nerdy in this day and age B)

This is so true. Today the nerd is the new jock and they get all the hot girls. :D

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 26 August 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Our continual participation in MWO's forum proves that lol.

Yes it does. ;)

#8838 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

http://s1284.photobu...jtaqzw.jpg.html

Like the look of the shogun mech, but then it is almost extinct (2 left in the wild) :lol:

Hope it will be in the game at some point :)

#8839 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostTkhaw, on 26 August 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Like the look of the shogun mech, but then it is almost extinct (2 left in the wild) :lol:

Well, it would give the 85 ton bracket a jumping design...

#8840 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostTkhaw, on 26 August 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

http://s1284.photobu...jtaqzw.jpg.html

Are these minis of better quality than the Introductory Box Set - 25th anniversary? I really want to buy some mechs (like this Stalker).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users