#1501 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostButane9000, on 06 January 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Unlisted Variants (currently in-game or speculated/approved)
Atlas D-DC
Cataphract 3L, 4X
Centurion AH (?)
Commando 1B
Dragon 5N
Flea 17, 19 (?)
Highlander 732
Jagermech DD
Trebuchet 3C

Unlisted Variants (lore approved, MWO denied)
Hunchback 4N
Trebuchet 5S
Raven 3X, 1X

Steiner
Atlas D-DC
Commando 1B

Marik
Trebuchet 5S (I know it says "S" but this is one of those exceptions to the rule. The 5S was largely used by House Marik though being bordering nations it was not uncommon to see this variant on both sides.

Davion
Cataphract 4X (First protype after the capture of Tikonov. Poorly received by Federated Suns pilots and never truly used.)
Trebuchet 3C (This is the original "Trenchbucket" built during the Star League by Corean Enterprises for the Federated Suns.)
Centurion AH (Removed from MWO)
Jagermech DD (While this variant is inherently Davion, the Jagermech is widely used by most of the Great Houses.)

Laio
Cataphract 3L
Flea 17 (Production plans captured from Wolf's Dragoons and re-engineered in 3040.)
Raven 1X (The original Prototype put into production that eventually became what is the 3L. These models were captured by House Davion in the 4th War and upgraded to the 2X which you can place on their list as well.)
Raven 3X (This is House Liao's epic failure. The 'Mech mounts faulty production grade Triple Strength Myomer that causes it to burst into flames when exposed to a certain gas. The completed version of this variant uses experimental level 3 tech.)

Kurita
Dragon 5N

Mercs/General
Flea 17 (Wolf's Dragoons)
Flea 19 (Peripher States and Merc units)
Hunchback 4N
Highlander 732 (This is the original Highlander, manufactured by House Liao during the Star League era. It is prominent in House Liao and Steiner however, it's lore places it in small numbers across each Great House over the course of this timeline due to numerous circumstance. So this is why I placed it here.)

Hope this helps, it gives me something to do other than endlessly play conquest mode in my least favorite 'Mechs to grind. ;)

#1502 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostSennin, on 06 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Steiner
Atlas D-DC
Commando 1B

Marik
Trebuchet 5S (I know it says "S" but this is one of those exceptions to the rule. The 5S was largely used by House Marik though being bordering nations it was not uncommon to see this variant on both sides.

Davion
Cataphract 4X (First protype after the capture of Tikonov. Poorly received by Federated Suns pilots and never truly used.)
Trebuchet 3C (This is the original "Trenchbucket" built during the Star League by Corean Enterprises for the Federated Suns.)
Centurion AH (Removed from MWO)
Jagermech DD (While this variant is inherently Davion, the Jagermech is widely used by most of the Great Houses.)

Laio
Cataphract 3L
Flea 17 (Production plans captured from Wolf's Dragoons and re-engineered in 3040.)
Raven 1X (The original Prototype put into production that eventually became what is the 3L. These models were captured by House Davion in the 4th War and upgraded to the 2X which you can place on their list as well.)
Raven 3X (This is House Liao's epic failure. The 'Mech mounts faulty production grade Triple Strength Myomer that causes it to burst into flames when exposed to a certain gas. The completed version of this variant uses experimental level 3 tech.)

Kurita
Dragon 5N

Mercs/General
Flea 17 (Wolf's Dragoons)
Flea 19 (Peripher States and Merc units)
Hunchback 4N
Highlander 732 (This is the original Highlander, manufactured by House Liao during the Star League era. It is prominent in House Liao and Steiner however, it's lore places it in small numbers across each Great House over the course of this timeline due to numerous circumstance. So this is why I placed it here.)

Hope this helps, it gives me something to do other than endlessly play conquest mode in my least favorite 'Mechs to grind. ;)

Sweet. The list has been updated yet again. I'm glad I could give you something to do other then play conquest (which in it's current form is terrible).

#1503 Khan Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

2 unfilled weight classes: 55 ton and 95 ton.
If I had to take a guess I'd say the 55 ton first since medium 'mechs are supposed to be the workhorse of the wight classes.

Options for that class: Dervish, Kintaro, Hoplite. Of those I'd guess dervish due to jump jets and primarily missiles for weapons.
Kintaro does too but, but it's one of those 'mechs that had virtually disappeared from the battlefield until Comstar gave some to the Kuritans for the war of 3039. Hoplite, is too slow and only has 2 weapons typically. The other 2 'mechs have more variety.

95 ton: Banshee, and HellStar.
Banshee has many variants and never disappeared from Battlefield throughout Succession Wars. Hellstar has few variants and did disappear by the 1st Succession War, though resurrected after 4th. But I think not at this point in the time line.
Leaving Banshee as only real choice for this class.

My guess...Dervish.

#1504 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostKhan Hallis, on 06 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

95 ton: Banshee, and HellStar.
Banshee has many variants and never disappeared from Battlefield throughout Succession Wars. Hellstar has few variants and did disappear by the 1st Succession War, though resurrected after 4th. But I think not at this point in the time line.
Leaving Banshee as only real choice for this class.

The 95-ton Hellstar is a J***d-era, non-OmniTech Clan BattleMech that was introduced in 3079... :)

#1505 Dyson Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia, Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

I think he meant Nightstar

Edited by Dyson Ring, 07 January 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#1506 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostDyson Ring, on 07 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

I think he meant Nightstar

The Nightstar has only 2 time-wise variants... :D

#1507 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Foreshadowing?????

Posted Image

#1508 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

The Clans must not invade ´til theres some Zeus!

#1509 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Love to see a Firestarter and a couple buffs given to the Flamer. Make it feared. Perhaps by making it napalm based?

#1510 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostGoldhawk, on 07 January 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Love to see a Firestarter and a couple buffs given to the Flamer. Make it feared. Perhaps by making it napalm based?

Maybe a sticky gel aflame like the inferno rockets in TT? The mech continues to burn and have heat problems for x seconds after the flamer stops?

#1511 Superchibisan

• Pip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Marauder IIC... that's ALL I want for christmas.

#1512 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

For sixth Medium (if they will eventually go for 24 IS mechs before Clans arrival) I can carefully guess Clint as "slower, jumping Cicada with lower arm actuators" or "lighter, faster, jumping Centurion w/o missiles". We're lacking mechs with lower arm actuators in 35-45 tons range.

I don't think Dervish will make it. Variants are too similar and it's too similar to Trebuchet itself.

#1513 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostGoldhawk, on 07 January 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Sounds good, but the Firestarter doesn't need Flamers. I would change the four Flamers to four Small Lasers. More firepower and i have two free tons to add some stuff. 2x ML, 4x SL, 2x MG's + Jumpjets? Oh yeah!

View PostMorang, on 08 January 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

We're lacking mechs with lower arm actuators in 35-45 tons range.

Another plausible reason to add mechs like Firestarter, Vindicator or Clint.

#1514 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostMorang, on 08 January 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

For sixth Medium (if they will eventually go for 24 IS mechs before Clans arrival) I can carefully guess Clint as "slower, jumping Cicada with lower arm actuators" or "lighter, faster, jumping Centurion w/o missiles". We're lacking mechs with lower arm actuators in 35-45 tons range.

I don't think Dervish will make it. Variants are too similar and it's too similar to Trebuchet itself.

you get a like just for that awesome signature.

#1515 deamon001

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • Locationsouth wales

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

There must be a mauler in this game i must have my mauler :)

#1516 Abrissbirne

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

No one wishng for an Annihilator? Good... four LB-10X ACs are too much to bear (at least for some).

#1517 Romulas One

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

i really hope the clan omnis will be dev group only, the moment they become available for sale it will ruin the game unless we get a 12 IS vs 5 clan battles.

i am geeking out over the highlander though :P

#1518 Khan Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 06 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

The 95-ton Hellstar is a J***d-era, non-OmniTech Clan BattleMech that was introduced in 3079... :D

OOOOOPS! Wrong 'mech! Sorry.

View PostOdanan, on 07 January 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

The Nightstar has only 2 time-wise variants... :P

You're correct it was the Nightstar I was thinking of before.
And true it only has 3 total variants, the last of which is jump capable: 9J, 9FC, 9SS.
But, unfortunately it doesn't meet our timeline currently. Initially produced 2767-2786, then disappeared until ~ 3058 when it's lost technology was recovered and new manufacturing facilities constructed (~3036).
So, that means there is only one 95 ton option currently. Banshee.

But thank you for the corrections!

#1519 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostAbrissbirne, on 08 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

No one wishng for an Annihilator?

I'm still here! :rolleyes: ... but there is little hope, that we'll ever see it. Unfortunately!

#1520 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostAbrissbirne, on 08 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

No one wishng for an Annihilator?

My hope for Battlemech 20. Banshee scux.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users