20517 replies to this topic

#1761 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I would LOVE to see the Victor in MWO. And if PGI fixed (or has a workable solution to) the different arm movements OR even if I have to get used to three reticules, I'm good with that. :)

#1762 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

View Postcdlord, on 24 January 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

I would LOVE to see the Victor in MWO. And if PGI fixed (or has a workable solution to) the different arm movements OR even if I have to get used to three reticules, I'm good with that. :)

If we are going to have an assault ballistics boat , it's better (for balance) that it's not too big. Victor would be great.
I know some people will mount 3 Gauss Rifles there (with lots of sacrifices), but it's less overpowered than a 4 Gauss Annihilator...

#1763 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Thinking about the Victor, I devised something like that:

Victor Longshot:

XL Engine 240 (Atlas speed)
3x Gauss Rifles
7 tons of Gauss ammo
Endo Steel
12 tons of armor
10 standard HS
No jump jets

The tonnage and crits are fully used.

#1764 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostOdanan, on 24 January 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Thinking about the Victor, I devised something like that:

Victor Longshot:

XL Engine 240 (Atlas speed)
3x Gauss Rifles
7 tons of Gauss ammo
Endo Steel
12 tons of armor
10 standard HS
No jump jets

The tonnage and crits are fully used.

So, which would be more frightening: Odanan's "mini Thunder Hawk", or (if "cross-tech" is allowed) a Victor "Li" that replaced its cluster of 10 Medium Lasers with a cluster of 10 Clan ERLLs? <_<

#1765 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 24 January 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

So, which would be more frightening: Odanan's "mini Thunder Hawk", or (if "cross-tech" is allowed) a Victor "Li" that replaced its cluster of 10 Medium Lasers with a cluster of 10 Clan ERLLs? <_<

Well, 10 Clan ERLL would make any mech shutdown (if not melt the engine) in one alpha.

BTW, Victor Li is great!

#1766 Paul MaudDib

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationArrakis

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

As of right now I’m not really all that excited or impresses about the redesigns. I don’t know, I really think they could have done more but also picked more iconic mechs to start off the game with. It’s about marketing and getting new players to come and stay. They seem lack luster in general and some are just hideous with the selection and design. I can dig the Blackjack, but they got to do better with those legs!!! Really bad.

Some unknown mechs vie see that are work horses in battletech.

Anvil [intro3055] <solid mech..and the variants! wow so many to choose from!)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anvil

Albatross [intro3053] <good all round mech tho only 2 variants. But I see a special section for custom variants that the devs can use)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Albatross

The Conjurer (Hellhound)[intro2826] <it has the same chassie as The Wolverine. Almost same design and a great one at that. 4 variants)
http://www.sarna.net...urer_(Hellhound)

Bowman [intro2960] <on the heavy side but a lot better than the stalker)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bowman

Im partial to these 4 next ones.

Mad Dog (vulture) <not sure why this was not one of the 1st mechs added. Its already iconic and a great all round mech)
http://www.sarna.net...ad_Dog_(Vulture)

Glass Spider (Galahad)[intro2570] <again, dont understand the thinking on why it has not been added like the Hellhound.3 variants)
http://www.sarna.net...lass_Spider.jpg

Nightstar [intro2767] <only 2 variants but pgi could add their own if they wanted.)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nightstar

The Blood Kite [intro2907] <lots of fire power and cheap upkeep. only 2 variants)
[color=#0F72DA]http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Blood_Kite[/color]

I think all this wanting and hope is wasted energy. I really do think pgi has already made their compleate list of mechs. Reguardless of what we want or cryout for.

Edited by Paul MaudDib, 24 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#1767 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I would personally like to see Black Knight be done in this game.

#1768 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostPaul MaudDib, on 24 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

As of right now I’m not really all that excited or impresses about the redesigns. I don’t know, I really think they could have done more but also picked more iconic mechs to start off the game with. It’s about marketing and getting new players to come and stay. They seem lack luster in general and some are just hideous with the selection and design. I can dig the Blackjack, but they got to do better with those legs!!! Really bad.

Some unknown mechs vie see that are work horses in battletech.

A lot of the Mechs you've listed either don't have enough variants (specific to this time period), or they are Clan Mechs. And you wonder why they haven't been added? Also your critique of FD's art is laughable.

#1769 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

As such, I would argue that the Victor should not be crossed-off of the list of potential 'Mechs.

Your thoughts?

I want it, so badly. An Assault mech without terrible speeds, and packs Jump Jets.

Built for "support" in the form of an AC/20, x2 M.Las and SRM-4. Lack of anti-infantry weapons is a non-issue in MWO (besides, it's a support mech).

Edited by Stingz, 24 January 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#1770 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostStingz, on 24 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

I want it, so badly. An Assault mech without terrible speeds, and packs Jump Jets.

Built for "support" in the form of an AC/20, x2 M.Las and SRM-4. Lack of anti-infantry weapons is a non-issue in MWO (besides, it's a support mech).

The Charger also has a variant that does fit the time period that has JJ's. I'm not advocating that the Charger should be in the game, but I'm just saying.

#1771 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostOdanan, on 24 January 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

If we are going to have an assault ballistics boat , it's better (for balance) that it's not too big. Victor would be great.
I know some people will mount 3 Gauss Rifles there (with lots of sacrifices), but it's less overpowered than a 4 Gauss Annihilator...

Which variant would have 4 Gauss Rifles as a possibility other then the C2 with call clan tech? Any of the others that would have 4 ballistic hardpoints I believe have them in the arms and we know that you can't fit two standard Gauss rifles in the same area.

But if you could get 4 of them....oh the fun of getting a critical hit in the arm, watching it blow up and then causing a critical explosion in the torso Gauss rifle! ^_^

#1772 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 24 January 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Which variant would have 4 Gauss Rifles as a possibility other then the C2 with call clan tech? Any of the others that would have 4 ballistic hardpoints I believe have them in the arms and we know that you can't fit two standard Gauss rifles in the same area.

Not so, of course. How could you fit twin LBX-10 (ANH-2A) or even twin regular AC/10 (ANH-1A) in one arm when each cannon takes 6-7 slots and you have 10 free max?

Annihilator stock loadout is LBX-10 in each arm, LBX-10 in each side torso (4 total), Med Pulse in each arm and twin Med Pulse in central torso (again, 4 total). These twin barrels in each arm are not twin cannons, it's cannon+laser. Very nice harpoint distribution: you have maximum available amount of slots for ballistic weapons, and energy hardpoints allow you to defend against lights (arms) and/or go zombie (CT).

#1773 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostStingz, on 24 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

You know the thing you want to pilot is actually a heavy mech. Assault mechs are bld specifically to carry massive firepower and armor at the expense of their speed.

#1774 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 24 January 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

But if you could get 4 of them....oh the fun of getting a critical hit in the arm, watching it blow up and then causing a critical explosion in the torso Gauss rifle! :D

The standard Annihilator (ANH-2A) has 1 autocannon in each arm and side torso. So do the ANH-1A.

#1775 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostPaul MaudDib, on 24 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I see you are new here...

You got all the trouble to dig these (iconic?) mechs, so take your time in the OP, specially in the parts "IMPORTANT: Mechs need at least 3 canonical and time-wise variants to be in the game.", "The Timeline" and "Coming soon: clan mechs.".

Thank you.

PS: about the art, most people here not only loved the Alex Iglesias' renditions but also would take a bullet for him. I guess you are in the very small minority that didn't like the MWO art. I suggest you take a look in this game. Maybe you will find what you are looking for.

#1776 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

You got all the trouble to dig these (iconic?) mechs, so take your time in the OP, specially in the parts "IMPORTANT: Mechs need at least 3 canonical and time-wise variants to be in the game.", "The Timeline" and "Coming soon: clan mechs.".

Thank you.

PS: about the art, most people here not only loved the Alex Iglesias' renditions but also would take a bullet for him. I guess you are in the very small minority that didn't like the MWO art. I suggest you take a look in this game. Maybe you will find what you are looking for.

...and that's why Banshee or Charger.
They are the assaults with the most versatile variants in this timeline. (including the already available Assaults IMO).

#1777 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Thank you.

Wow the Tactics artwork is ugly as sin. Should have had Alex working on that too. But then again, if he died we'd see concept art at an even slower pace.

#1778 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Which variant would have 4 Gauss Rifles?

hard to build...

60 Tons just for all 4 Rifles....
even with the standard 200 engine it is next to ( if not fully ) impossible to build, considering that you will need gauss ammo too.

using endo steel would eat up to many criticals...to use 4 gauss rifles an a few tons of ammo
even if someone would be able to build 4 gauss into an annihilator, you would waste the ammonition so bad, with no excuses for fail-shots

even with three gauss....not an option in mwo

just my thoughts

Edited by Ens, 25 January 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#1779 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Annihilator Gausszilla:

XL Engine 200 (same speed as the standard engine of the Annihilator - which is slow)
10.5 tons of armor
10 single HS
4x Gauss Rifles, with 10 tons of ammo

Yes, the epitome of glass cannon.

#1780 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostButane9000, on 25 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Wow the Tactics artwork is ugly as sin. Should have had Alex working on that too. But then again, if he died we'd see concept art at an even slower pace.

I'm sure he would produce art at a slower pace if he is dead.
(just kidding! Anyone can see you meant "did") ;P

88 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 88 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook