#18221 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 December 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I mean, it looks interesting. But... I think I will wait for C-Bills on this one.

Fun fact, "Clan Goliath Scorpion" is not a true clan, nor large, nor scorpions. They're closer to drug addicts than Clansmen, which explains why they get turned into whipping boys for various clans over the years. Posted Image

At least they have the good sense to follow visions, like us Nova Cats. Too bad they need to shoot up to experience them, though! Posted Image

But, seriously. Good looking mech. If it was 60-tons, I'd be interested. However, it isn't. We have two 70-ton mechs right now. We have only one 60-ton mech. Priorities.

To be fair, this thing looks to be trying to offer a balance between the Summoner's agility and the Novacat's podspace, for those who actually care about that sort of thing. I might just get it solely on the basis of it being a Clan Goliath Scorpion Omni(My merc unit in game is based on CGS, and to have our own mech in game is truly heartening).

#18222 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 09 December 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

To be fair, this thing looks to be trying to offer a balance between the Summoner's agility and the Novacat's podspace, for those who actually care about that sort of thing. I might just get it solely on the basis of it being a Clan Goliath Scorpion Omni(My merc unit in game is based on CGS, and to have our own mech in game is truly heartening).

Oh, I intend to snag it for C-BIlls, eventually. Don't get me wrong. It has a ton of see it shoot it hardpoints, which is awesome. But it is also highly crit limited. So much pod space, though!

#18223 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Oh, I intend to snag it for C-BIlls, eventually. Don't get me wrong. It has a ton of see it shoot it hardpoints, which is awesome. But it is also highly crit limited. So much pod space, though!

That Prime variant looks ripe for my kind of combat(one of everything in mid- to short-range combat ala ON1-K champion).

#18224 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Let's also note that we're getting another Roughneck Hero and a second Sun Spider Hero in March as part of the holiday rewards. Both brand new.

#18225 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 09 December 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Let's also note that we're getting another Roughneck Hero and a second Sun Spider Hero in March as part of the holiday rewards. Both brand new.

Well played PGI, well played (slow clapping hands). Collectors have to buy the packs now... you got me Posted Image .

#18226 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

Wait, what? Posted Image

[Edit] NVM, found it [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 10 December 2017 - 03:01 AM.

#18227 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:00 AM

You know that friend who stopped playing? Time to call them back!

Posted Image

#18228 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

I mean, it looks interesting. But... I think I will wait for C-Bills on this one.

Fun fact, "Clan Goliath Scorpion" is not a true clan, nor large, nor scorpions. They're closer to drug addicts than Clansmen, which explains why they get turned into whipping boys for various clans over the years. Posted Image

At least they have the good sense to follow visions, like us Nova Cats. Too bad they need to shoot up to experience them, though! Posted Image

But, seriously. Good looking mech. If it was 60-tons, I'd be interested. However, it isn't. We have two 70-ton mechs right now. We have only one 60-ton mech. Priorities.

and yet which Clan get's themselves wiped out? Not us "Drug Addicts"....... But your scattered refugees are of course welcome as bondsmen to our Imperio.

#18229 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

You know that friend who stopped playing? Time to call them back!

Posted Image

Do we know anything else about these two heroes? Where did you find this image?

#18230 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 10 December 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Do we know anything else about these two heroes? Where did you find this image?

This is from the MechCon streaming.

#18231 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

View PostCycKath, on 09 December 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I guess its only fair, last original was IS so needed to balance it out with a Clan one.

Fortunately so. That means the next IS Mech is one we know and (might) like. Posted Image

View PostOdanan, on 09 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

But.. but.. it doesn't look a Clanner at all.

I think that's the point. It's basically less advanced than the other Clan Omnis. I think they went a bit too far in that, but overall the design is solid with its influences from spiders (pedipalps).
If I were a fan of the Goliath Scorpions I might buy it, but since I am not much of a Clan player, I'll pass. Anyway, it's good that more factions are represented in MWO.

Now onto the Word, please. Posted Image

#18232 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

This. So much.

The Sun Spider would be perfect to fill the 60 tons bracket (would just need some downgrade on the weapons).

There aren't many good options for the same weight:
  • Glass Spider: battlemech. The Clan's Rifleman. Only 3 canonical variants. Overshadowed by the superior Rifleman IIC (65 tons).
  • Hellfire: battlemech. Sexy, low-budged version of the Lupus that, thanks to the full mechlab, can really shine in MWO. PGI could make the other variants based on the Lupus.
  • Lupus: omnimech. Very unique looking, with ECM and nice omnipods BUT has locked Standard Engine (deal breaker).
  • Predator: battlemech. Obscure, only one valid valiant.
  • Thresher. battlemech. Old precursor of the Summoner. Uninspired. Only 2 variants (but at least has MASC).

Edited by Odanan, 10 December 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#18233 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

I ask her too.

Is the Sun Spider C1 the first LRM only clan stock "missile boat"/ mech?

I thought such builds are rare in lore (hello Catapult A1) and more a mechworrior mechlab thing.

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 10 December 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#18234 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

This. So much.

The Sun Spider would be perfect to fill the 60 tons bracket (would just need some downgrade on the weapons).

While true, I think it helps the 70 ton bracket for Clans overall, just not in MWO.

We already have the Summoner & Nova Cat, which only leaves 3.

Bowman - 2M, 3E, 4B (I think A-Pods are Ballistics?) - Uses Arrow IV & A-Pods. One variant adds a HAG20 & B-Pods. Looks like a humanoid Catapult with 1 arm. BattleMech. 4 variants.

Grizzly - 1M, 3E, 1B - Humanoid BattleMech with JJs. One variant with more Energy hardpoints. 2 variants.

Guillotine IIC - 1M, 5E - Humanoid BattleMech, IIC version of the IS 70 ton Guillotine. One variant adds Improved JJs. Would be the first IIC introduced before the original. 8 variants.

The introduction of the Sun-Spider leaves both the 60 and 70 ton categories for Clan with 6 options (at least up to the FedCom Civil War period) and a good mix of both OmniMechs & BattleMechs.

#18235 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 10 December 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Is the Sun Spider C1 the first missile only clan stock "missile boat"/ mech?

No, other ones include;
Kit Fix KFX-D
Jenner IIC JR7-IIC
Arctic Wolf ACW-1 & ACW-Prime
Stormcrow SCR-D
Summoner SMN-B

#18236 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 December 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

and yet which Clan get's themselves wiped out? Not us "Drug Addicts"....... But your scattered refugees are of course welcome as bondsmen to our Imperio.

Only took a deus ex WizKidz to pull it off, since they couldn't get us to fail in the tournaments they tried to turn into lore snippets of our destruction. Plus, we are rebuilding in the protectorate. :D

#18237 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 10 December 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

No, other ones include;
Kit Fix KFX-D
Jenner IIC JR7-IIC
Arctic Wolf ACW-1 & ACW-Prime
Stormcrow SCR-D
Summoner SMN-B

thank you. But I mean stock LRM only without secondary weapons.

#18238 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 10 December 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

I ask her too.

Is the Sun Spider C1 the first missile only clan stock "missile boat"/ mech?

I thought such builds are rare in lore (hello Catapult A1) and more a mechworrior mechlab thing.

Hello? Arctic Wolf 1.

Also, Archer 5W.

#18239 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Hello? Arctic Wolf 1.

Also, Archer 5W.

I mean LRMs only and not PGI made?

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 10 December 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#18240 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 10 December 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

While true, I think it helps the 70 ton bracket for Clans overall, just not in MWO.

We already have the Summoner & Nova Cat, which only leaves 3.

Bowman - 2M, 3E, 4B (I think A-Pods are Ballistics?) - Uses Arrow IV & A-Pods. One variant adds a HAG20 & B-Pods. Looks like a humanoid Catapult with 1 arm. BattleMech. 4 variants.

Grizzly - 1M, 3E, 1B - Humanoid BattleMech with JJs. One variant with more Energy hardpoints. 2 variants.

Guillotine IIC - 1M, 5E - Humanoid BattleMech, IIC version of the IS 70 ton Guillotine. One variant adds Improved JJs. Would be the first IIC introduced before the original. 8 variants.

The introduction of the Sun-Spider leaves both the 60 and 70 ton categories for Clan with 6 options (at least up to the FedCom Civil War period) and a good mix of both OmniMechs & BattleMechs.

Don't get me wrong. I would welcome a 70 tons Sun Spider if it was a Battlemech.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook