Clans In Cw Are Too Op

202 replies to this topic

#21 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

Im actually not as impressed by the clan invasion after having seen where Tukkayid, Somerset and those other planets I have read about and seen are located....the Clans didnt really make it that far...

#22 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

View Postqwerty, on 21 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

i have been playing on average 6 day a week since closed beta minus a few holidays now this is getting to be a big joke i dropped into a few CW games tonight *(Had to drop against clans no other games) and was attacking /counter attacking.

now i know that clan tech is better in all aspects (...)

Stopped reading right there.

If you truly believe that I have a bridge in Paris to sell you...

#23 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

View Postqwerty, on 21 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

i have been playing on average 6 day a week since closed beta minus a few holidays now this is getting to be a big joke i dropped into a few CW games tonight *(Had to drop against clans no other games) and was attacking /counter attacking.

now i know that clan tech is better in all aspects but some thing has to be done to balance the game when you get half your armor and possibly arm or torso even before you see your enemy
*(now i know i am going to get ah your a **** player and you should use blah blah and i know i am an average player i never said otherwise) but none the less clans are OP when they can hit you with a Large Laser at a greater distance that you can shoot LRM's hell med laser almost have as much range as IS LL and with the only advantage IS ever had was the honor that the clans had (not in this game anyways ) and greater numbers (again not in this game) the only advantage IS have is the speed of it's Lights and PGI nulled that by making you have to destroy all the Generators and for what i can see is only to benefit the clan players and remove the last advantage IS had

well that is my rant and is my opinion

Qwerty

thunderbolt can mount ER ppcs with 896m range, and it can have 4 of them with out much of a heat problem....... on top of that this build is better at RANGE then most clan builds and is better up close then the clan range builds, the other build is the thunderbolt 9SS that out brawls and pokes all most all clan mechs.

the only problem with clans is there outliers the timberwolf and stromcrow, most other clan mechs cant come close to these, and if the two mechs you see are the two mentioned then its not clans that are OP its the two mechs stated.

#24 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

thunderbolt can mount ER ppcs with 896m range, and it can have 4 of them with out much of a heat problem....... on top of that this build is better at RANGE then most clan builds and is better up close then the clan range builds, the other build is the thunderbolt 9SS that out brawls and pokes all most all clan mechs.

the only problem with clans is there outliers the timberwolf and stromcrow, most other clan mechs cant come close to these, and if the two mechs you see are the two mentioned then its not clans that are OP its the two mechs stated.

Hardly...........the IS has a SINGLE mech that can out range the clan.........and you're insane if you think 4 ER's on the 9S is heat friendly (to paraphrase)...........3 is manageable for sure, but certainly not 4, have to give up way too much speed for that to even come CLOSE to working.

Every Clan mech out ranges the IS with that single exception.

Enough whining, your crutches are safe, and the IS can finally field something that gives them a shot........... /thread

#25 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostR Razor, on 21 December 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Hardly...........the IS has a SINGLE mech that can out range the clan.........and you're insane if you think 4 ER's on the 9S is heat friendly (to paraphrase)...........3 is manageable for sure, but certainly not 4, have to give up way too much speed for that to even come CLOSE to working.

Enough whining, your crutches are safe, and the IS can finally field something that gives them a shot........... /thread

That range comes with drawbacks. Which are part of my earlier post.

#26 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostR Razor, on 21 December 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

ummm you know 4 with an xl 300 can mount more heat sinks then the 3 with a std. engine, 14 heat sinks for the std 16 for XL, on top of that its the heat of 2 ER PPCS with 16 double heat sinks vs the heat of 1.5 for 14, its not that much of a difference in heat, and yes the IS have 1 that can keep up to the range of 2 clan mechs that can run ERLL builds with out heat problems.

i played my first week clans and 2nd week IS, the thunberbolt out does the clan long range for the single fact that you pop up do a 40 point hit to the CT and back down before they even see you with zero chance for return fire, the IS can make a better drop deck then clans hands down, the problem is there are so many IS players that are new to the game or there skill level is not much better then a new player

#27 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostR Razor, on 21 December 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Clan players only want lore as long as it gives them advantages...........lore is ignored when it's pointed out that they should not be fighting vs equal numbers and not focus firing targets.

Again fine. I don't have a problem with the Clan having to fight against superior numbers but if we are talking lore, you have to also realize that Clan mechs in general were the equivalent of the US Army M1A2 Abrams verse the T-64 and T-72 tanks Iraq had during Desert Storm and we have all heard of the story where one US tank company took out something like a Battalion or maybe it was a regiment of Iraq tanks without a single loss simply because they had better range, accuracy and targeting equipment. This is the Clans in Lore. IS is Iraq again in Lore.

So yeah give IS standard stock variants of mechs, remove the customization from them, then give us Clan mechs in all their glory with full clan range, effectiveness, cooling capacity and full lore based customization and I will be happy to take on IS mechs with a 2 to 1 disadvantage.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 21 December 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#28 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostLinkin, on 21 December 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

That range comes with drawbacks. Which are part of my earlier post.

As does the Thunderbolts............give up speed for firepower or run an XL which, unlike the Clan XL, kills you when you lose a side torso...........so again, enough whining...............

And I can't stop laughing at the "better drop deck" comment............apparently there are indeed some very NEW players out here...........Stormcrow / Timbercrutch with the occasional Hellbringer easily surpasses most any IS drop deck.

#29 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostR Razor, on 21 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

As does the Thunderbolts............give up speed for firepower or run an XL which, unlike the Clan XL, kills you when you lose a side torso...........so again, enough whining...............

And I can't stop laughing at the "better drop deck" comment............apparently there are indeed some very NEW players out here...........Stormcrow / Timbercrutch with the occasional Hellbringer easily surpasses most any IS drop deck.

or you dont suck and tank better not much can pinpoint you at 800m and if your dying at 800m with armor up top then you just need more practice

and yah 2 thunderbolt 9S 1 9SS and a light/med rapes clans we were helping hold back wolf last night and didn't lose a game

Edited by hybrid black, 21 December 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#30 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Btw, if you think the IS overall has not more numbers than the Clans you must have not paid attention ..

#31 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

or you dont suck and tank better not much can pinpoint you at 800m and if your dying at 800m with armor up top then you just need more practice

and yah 2 thunderbolt 9S 1 9SS and a light/med rapes clans we were helping hold back wolf last night and didn't lose a game

Easy not to lose defending..........not impressed.

And I'm not dying at 800 in my 9s.........in attack or defense..........but I have the armor and speed to react as needed (kinda like your Timbercrutch) on the battlefield and that helps.

Like I said, keep crying about the IS having 2 mechs on near equal footing to your precious's........we love hearing it.

#32 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostR Razor, on 21 December 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Easy not to lose defending..........not impressed.

And I'm not dying at 800 in my 9s.........in attack or defense..........but I have the armor and speed to react as needed (kinda like your Timbercrutch) on the battlefield and that helps.

Like I said, keep crying about the IS having 2 mechs on near equal footing to your precious's........we love hearing it.

counter attacking yo, and when was i crying? i said i like the thunderwuub better then the timberwolf, in fact i never dropped with one in CW yet, and im playing davion rate now, are you just picking words out of posts and not reading them?

your lucky 228th asked mercstar not to **** Steiner when we went Davion or you would be losing ground to us to

#33 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 21 December 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

It's true, when defending the clans have a huge advantage becasue of their greater range and speed. They run a bit hotter, but all they need to do is drop one laser and presto they are better mechs. When defending, they can fire and retreat to cool down (because they are so much faster). On CW they have a huge map to retreat. By the time you have closed to engage, they have a 50% armor advantage.

Or they could just run 6 uac 5s on a Dire and cooly shoot your butt off even if you do close to engage. Getting rocked by uac 5s at the rate of a machine gun is just sick.

As it turns out, Warhawk is much, much better than the Direcow at least for CW. The difference is so striking Cow is just too slow for unit cohesion. Gargoyle is actually pretty good as well. A modestly moving 80kph or (70ish for warhawk) horde quickly chews up all hopes for the IS.

If PGI ever enforces 1/1/1/1 Kitfox/Stormcrow/Summoner or Hellbringer or Timbergod/Gargoyle or Warhawk is a good deck. Lots of options.

Edited by Chagatay, 21 December 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#34 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

thunderbolt can mount ER ppcs with 896m range, and it can have 4 of them with out much of a heat problem

Only if you think 42kph is a valid trade off, otherwise you are going to have 3 and be watching heat carefully.

#35 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 21 December 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

I agree with the OP.

Current tactical doctrine states that an army on the defensive has an advantage over an army on the offensive.

PGI needs to fix that.

Not only do we need to give Paul free reign to just beat the living crap out of anything Clan until it can't be used anymore, we need to give Russ a magic wand so he can change the physics of warfare.

We HAVE to get this under control. The Clans MUST be nerfed until noone can use them again......after that, Hanse Davion can marry Melissa Steiner and we can have the 4th Succession War. Not to mention that the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns can become what they're SUPPOSED to be....the largest house in the Inner Sphere, the Federated Commonwealth.

After that, the Clans can come invade again....and everything will be back to canon. Unless, of course, we continue to have Elmer Fudd as our Ilkhan.....then we'll spend 80% of the time fighting each other, like we have been, instead of pushing toward Terra.

lmfao nice one Willard......

seriously clans are OP poss are so old and ridiculous

#36 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 21 December 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Only if you think 42kph is a valid trade off, otherwise you are going to have 3 and be watching heat carefully.

going 82.2 with 4 you need to read more before you talk

#37 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

going 82.2 with 4 you need to read more before you talk

I did. So, either you are going 82.2 with 4 and REALLY watching heat or you're fibbing. Additionally, 82.2 means XL engine. And that 9s has a huge ST.

Doesn't matter whether you agree with me or not - I've been playing them since LONG before the quirks. They overheat at the drop of a dime on a hot map. Unless you believe your 16 HS is enough. Which I highly doubt.

I'd like to see your 4xERPPC, 16 HS, XL 300 build. Link me the Smurfy on it.

#38 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 21 December 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I did. So, either you are going 82.2 with 4 and REALLY watching heat or you're fibbing. Additionally, 82.2 means XL engine. And that 9s has a huge ST.

Doesn't matter whether you agree with me or not - I've been playing them since LONG before the quirks. They overheat at the drop of a dime on a hot map. Unless you believe your 16 HS is enough. Which I highly doubt.

TDR-9S

get good scrub

Edited by hybrid black, 21 December 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#39 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 21 December 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I can build one with 5 DHS. With a heat efficiency of 17%. Doesn't sound like "fire all day without heating up" to me.

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

TDR-9S

get good scrub

OK - 19% heat efficiency. Scrub. Yep, you did it. You showed me. You got another DHS in it. With a whopping 19% heat efficiency. Show me a video of shooting all day with it without overheating.

Basically you got called. Fold before you remove all doubt. It is not a continu-fire machine. It overheats like MF, particularly on hot maps. Even with 50% less heat, set it at 27% efficiency. That is not exactly impressive.

Edited by Astrocanis, 21 December 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#40 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 21 December 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I can build one with 5 DHS. With a heat efficiency of 17%. Doesn't sound like "fire all day without heating up" to me.

doest count the 50% less heat from perks you scrub( *******HINT***** it has the heat of 2 ER PPCS take 2 out if you want to see its real heat) no wonder the IS is so screwed in CW with people like you playing for them

Edited by hybrid black, 21 December 2014 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users