202 replies to this topic

#41 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

doest count the 50% less heat from perks you scrub( *******HINT***** it has the heat of 2 ER PPCS take 2 out if you want to see its real heat) no wonder the IS is so screwed in CW with people like you playing for them

Read the rest of my post.

Calling me scrub is amusing. You are also original. You must be a real master.

I suppose you have heard of ghost heat then?

You are not going to fire it all day continuously, as you posted. Period. Particularly on a hot map.

You don't need hyperbole to make a point. On second thought, perhaps you do.

#42 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

i don't know what you guys are gripping about. initial cw release, our unit could barely muster an attack versus clans and successfully defended only when they werent organized. now since the latest patch, we win so often we are wondering what the hell the rest of steiner is doing to not have retaken butler back yet.

Edited by Misfir3, 21 December 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#43 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

IS PPFLD trumps the DOT that clans get in almost every case.
So i guess its a case of:
Posted Image

#44 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostMisfir3, on 21 December 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

i don't know what you guys are gripping about. initial cw release, our unit could barely muster an attack versus clans and successfully defended only when they werent organized. now since the latest patch, we win so often we are wondering what the hell the rest of steiner is doing to not have retaken butler back yet.

90% of IS are crap players and since thursday stiner got the help from 228th and AS and one more unit cant remember who that are fighting clans

#45 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

If people are saying Clans have a slight advantage over IS... that's probably the case (just follow the Lords of obvious reasoning).

If people are saying attacking Clans is difficult... that's probably because your plan and/or execution of it is poor.

I'm more worried about players that know what they are doing, than those that have no clue what they are doing. That's the reality of this game.

Just complaining about not winning as X or losing because of Y means that you are not really trying to find ways to get better and/or win. It doesn't matter whether you are IS or Clan. It matters if you do what you need to do to win.

Edited by Deathlike, 21 December 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#46 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

View Postqwerty, on 21 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

i have been playing on average 6 day a week since closed beta minus a few holidays now this is getting to be a big joke i dropped into a few CW games tonight *(Had to drop against clans no other games) and was attacking /counter attacking.

now i know that clan tech is better in all aspects but some thing has to be done to balance the game when you get half your armor and possibly arm or torso even before you see your enemy
*(now i know i am going to get ah your a **** player and you should use blah blah and i know i am an average player i never said otherwise) but none the less clans are OP when they can hit you with a Large Laser at a greater distance that you can shoot LRM's hell med laser almost have as much range as IS LL and with the only advantage IS ever had was the honor that the clans had (not in this game anyways ) and greater numbers (again not in this game) the only advantage IS have is the speed of it's Lights and PGI nulled that by making you have to destroy all the Generators and for what i can see is only to benefit the clan players and remove the last advantage IS had

well that is my rant and is my opinion

Qwerty

Watch and learn:

#47 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Clans by their nature tend to have more organised players, coupled with their better performance at range they make a mean defense.
However 8/10 times playing on the IS I find unless people start off properly communicating and working together it takes a couple of waves before people wind their necks in and coordinate.

Attacking does and should require much more coordination.
Same goes for defense to a lesser degree but attacking is where the pain is felt.

People just need to work together from the moment they drop and not after they've been spanked back to the dropship twice.

A map in the waiting queue could be good, better battlegrid in game also (the info panel for one is abysmal), some more doodads and whatsits to aid coordinating together and across language barriers would all be very useful additions.

But Clans OP? Bah...

#48 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 21 December 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

TDR-9S get good scrub

In all honesty i think thats a bad idea compared to STD 290, 3x ERPPC, 16 DHS. Thuds have decent hitboxes, but only if you run a standard. The only thing you gain is 10 more alpha, and you cant alpha twice without shutting down anyway, and you lose an enormous amount of tankiness.

#49 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 21 December 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

If the clan team decides to take all Timberwolves on the decisive push, there isn't much you can do against that.

-k

I dont use TBR's in CW...

#50 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

We need 5 more threads complaining about this topic and we win a toaster!

#51 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 21 December 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

In all honesty i think thats a bad idea compared to STD 290, 3x ERPPC, 16 DHS. Thuds have decent hitboxes, but only if you run a standard. The only thing you gain is 10 more alpha, and you cant alpha twice without shutting down anyway, and you lose an enormous amount of tankiness.

10 points pinpoint can one hit lights 30 points cant, and i personally dont have a problem tanking with an XL by the time i go down im missing all armor every where but my legs

#52 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

View Postqwerty, on 21 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

well that is my rant and is my opinion

Qwerty

The arguments about whether the techs are relatively balanced after the "quirkening" have been gone over ad nauseum. No need to repeat them.

Suffice to say, I disagree wholeheartedly with your opinion and I play both techs.

What I will offer up though, is that Teamwork and coordination, is most definitely OP and usually what the underlying issue is.

#53 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

People don't quite understand the concept of CW assault defense.

You are attacking/defending a mere strategic asset (orbital gun), not the whole planet.

After the attacking force kicks in, and take over the asset, they are forced to defend it, in order to maintain strategical upper hand.

So please stop with all the "IS should only defend" nonsense.

-------------

On the other hand, i do agree, that the 2 new CW maps are heavily unbalanced, promoting a long range overwatch. I've witnessed Kurita 12mens trying to TurtleRush once they managed to open the gate. They didnt stand a chance against Long range firing line established.

All i can say is, PGI needs (imo) to either update the maps (make them more busy) or create new maps that eliminate this problem. And considering we can't choose nor see waht map are we dropping into (for now) people would have to touch for them balanced builds.

Aside of that, im pretty sure that once we see what maps are we dropping into, people will be capable of adapting to the situation accrodingly. I dont think you can expect all CW maps to be well balanced, when CW is supposed to bring you on all kinds of maps, locations...

Like i said previously though. Current CW maps (the vault) pretty much negate the diversity. YOu are being too cluster F'd by the gates, one position to shoot down the gate from, masive ground to defend it from. Defending is very easy against IS attackers atm. Not fault of clans being OP tho (they arent'). Its the fault of map design.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 21 December 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#54 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

to be honest im abit,
put off by all this Anit Clan Bias,
and i abit tired of quoting my self but,
if nothing else then to hear my self speak,

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 21 December 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

so make it so Clan can only drop 2 times to IS 4?
so your saying if clans where 24Clan vs 48IS that would be balanced?
do you even realize how horrible that is? thats worse that 10vs12!

besides Clan is mostly balanced to IS,

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 19 December 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

the mechs arnt too different, just with IS you have to Buy several HBK to have all sides,
where as you only have to Buy 1 NVA then a bunch of Omni-Pods to gain different styles,

the HBK has 6 variants 2 with energy and ballistic, 2 missile and energy, 2 just energy,
the NVA has 3 variants, 1 with only energy, 2 with ballistic and energy, but only 16Tons free,
and people would tell you Clan have better weapons but,...

=IS=
Lasers= less damage & less range, but Less heat & shorter beam duration,
S&M weigh the same as clan, ER-LL & LPL & ER-PPC +1Ton to clans,

ACs= Same damage but fire single shell, faster cool-down,
AC10 has LBX version, AC5 has Ultra version, All IS AC fire as fast as Clan Ultras,
AC2 & AC5 +1Ton to clans, AC10 & AC20 +2Ton to clans, Gauss +3Ton to clans,

LRMs= same damage but fire in a volley, all at once as AMS is less affective,
all LRM weight double to clans, but are move affective against AMS users,

=Clan=
Lasers= more damage & more range, but more heat & longer beam duration,
S&M weigh the same as IS, ER-LL & LPL & ER-PPC -1Ton to clans,

ACs= Same damage but fire multiple shells that spread the damage, slower cool-down,
All AC has LBX versions, All AC has Ultra version, All clan AC Ultras fire as fast as IS ACs,
AC2 & AC5 -1Ton to IS, AC10 & AC20 -2Ton to IS, Gauss -3Ton to IS,

LRMs= same damage but fire in a stream, all at once as AMS is more affective,
all LRM weight Half to IS, but are less affective against AMS users,

i dont like Quoting my self but really your ganna tell me that Clan is so much stronger?
also im comparing 2 Mechs same class weight(55Tons), both also fill a similar role,
also remember Omni-Mechs are stuck with however much Free weight they have,
they dont have the luxury of swapping out Engines, JumpJets, and upgrades,

also remember IS gets ER-SL, ER-ML, and LFE, soon,
so with those you cant call Clan over powered anymore,
so Please stop this Anti Clan Bias until you have the Facts,
thank you

there have been others with more detailed examples than this,
please look at the facts to see if its really imbalanced,
a losing streak does not equal imbalance,
just as a winning streak does not,

Thanks,

Edit- Spelling

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 21 December 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#55 Pockets

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 21 December 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Like i said previously though. Current CW maps (the vault) pretty much negate the diversity. YOu are being too cluster F'd by the gates, one position to shoot down the gate from, masive ground to defend it from. Defending is very easy against IS attackers atm. Not fault of clans being OP tho (they arent'). Its the fault of map design.

Basically, this. The general trade-offs between clan and IS are kinda okay. As I see it, there's two problems - the main problem is the map design favours the clan advantages. The second is that the fixed engine sizes make it easier for clan PUGs to stay grouped when pushing, rather than getting picked off in dribs and drabs - while in comparison it takes a lot more co-ordination to make the most of IS' advantages. The solution to the maps being poop is to redesign them, the solution to clan groups not needing the same level of coordination is to add features that help co-ordination like VOIP and maybe be able to see other players' full drop decks not just the first choice mech, rather than any rebalancing of mechs or weapons.

#56 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

Good joke. you forgot the part where 1 firestarter can take out all the generators by itself meanwhile a whole clan team can barely even open up the main generator.

Also the fact the firestarter has a higher DPS then practically any clan mech while also able to jump over the wall and also have a smaller profile then nearly all Clan mechs.

Is this why nearly no clan is getting any planets in CW?

#57 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 21 December 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Good joke. you forgot the part where 1 firestarter can take out all the generators by itself meanwhile a whole clan team can barely even open up the main generator.

Also the fact the firestarter has a higher DPS then practically any clan mech while also able to jump over the wall and also have a smaller profile then nearly all Clan mechs.

Is this why nearly no clan is getting any planets in CW?

Really?

Map would indicate otherwise...
http://mwomercs.com/...se/page__st__60

#58 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 21 December 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

All sacrasm aside, Willard has a point. The IS should always be on the defensive in this game mode - at least until they have stolen some clan tech and can mount clan equipment on their mechs or attack with a 3-1 numbers advantage. This game mode asks people to attack with equal numbers as the defenders and miltary scholars (or just the average joe) have known for 1000s of years that is a bad idea for the attackers unless they have a huge training or technology advantage.

It is kind of ridiculous to think this way in this game though. AFAIK there is no plans to integrate Clan and IS tech. Even if they did, it would be a long way off, wouldn't it? If the Clans had a REAL advantage, then losing multiple planets a day would shrink the IS pretty significantly in a short time and not be that much fun for the IS.

#59 Admiral Beard Al Yankovich

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostAstrocanis, on 21 December 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Really?

Map would indicate otherwise...
http://mwomercs.com/...se/page__st__60

clans have more (good) organised units with large numbers

#60 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Clan tech is pretty brutal when they are on defense, but IS usually gives as good or better than it gets when it comes to brawling so they tend to fair as well as IS vs IS when they are on the offensive in my experience, but I seem not to play too heavily during peak hours so I do not have too much experience against full comp 12 mans other than a couple of games against LORD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users