The State Of The Summoner (Hey Pgi Devs, This Post Is For You Guys, Just Fyi)

BattleMechs Balance Loadout

1236 replies to this topic

#881 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

Something else to consider: In the last townhall they are considering 3052 for 'mechs now......Night Gyr may come this year or next then all other clan heavies can say hello to Tier 2 and below.

#882 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

Also, the Alt C side torsos really really need more ballistic cooldown. If a mech of any weight is gonna run with just 2 ballistics and nothing else, they better have lots and lots of dakka! :D

#883 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

The FIRST thing that needs fixed on the Summoner is to stop its arms pointing upward all the time like an idiot. They get stuck pointing up at 45 degrees and it just makes the mech look moronic.

#884 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 25 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Something else to consider: In the last townhall they are considering 3052 for 'mechs now......Night Gyr may come this year or next then all other clan heavies can say hello to Tier 2 and below.

38 tons of guns on a 75 tonner with JJs...flying spaghetti monster help us all.

Edited by FupDup, 25 February 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#885 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

38 tons of guns on a 75 tonner with JJs...flying spaghetti monster help us all.

Timby for CW attack, this for defence.

Yes, I would like a dual Gauss+ERPPC mech with 75 rounds and four semi-usable HoverJets™.

It also comes as LRM80+A stock. With a LPL and MPL as backup. Head mounted TAG, in other words.

This powercreep would make me pretty sad, actually. I don't think I'd buy it. We'll have good fast moving Clams, I think that's all I need.

Edited by Mcgral18, 25 February 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#886 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 February 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yes, I would like a dual Gauss+ERPPC mech with 75 rounds and four semi-usable HoverJets™.

It also comes as LRM80+A stock. With a LPL and MPL as backup. Head mounted TAG, in other words.

This powercreep would make me pretty sad, actually. I don't think I'd buy it. We'll have good fast moving Clams, I think that's all I need.

The Nova Cat might be a somewhat more tame slow heavy due to less pod space, less hardpoints (some variants), and less armor...but it would still be a good robbit most likely.

Edited by FupDup, 25 February 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#887 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 February 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

I would just run Dual Gauss an ERPPC and ammo.

Good luck stoppinng our approach to Terra now.

#888 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

The Nova Cat might be a somewhat more tame slow heavy due to less pod space, less hardpoints (some variants), and less armor...but it would still be a good robbit most likely.

and look AMAZING. Heck, Alex would have it easy there...it already looks great. Loved that mech in MW4.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 25 February 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#889 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,757 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

It would also be able to jump, courtesy of the A variant.

#890 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 25 February 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

It would also be able to jump, courtesy of the A variant.

I'd probably rather take the side torso lasers that come with whatever the missile boat variant was.

#891 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

I'd probably rather take the side torso lasers that come with whatever the missile boat variant was.

just a shame my old triple uac5/er large laser build from MW4 won't work

#892 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, its base loadout is 2CERPPC and 3CERLL, so, you could prolly lose some armor, lose some heat sinks and slap in 5 CLPL and Laser vomit like a pro!

Though in MW4, I usually used the base loadout on chain fire, 5 big ass energy weapon, wrecked face...but that isa game that is not so much about firing everything at once..

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 25 February 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#893 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 February 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

just a shame my old triple uac5/er large laser build from MW4 won't work

Actually I think you could totally build it. You don't even need to do Mister Potatohead pod swapping, just use the stock C pods.

http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/2301.pdf

3 ballistics in the right arm with 10 critslots total allowed (each UAC/5 is 3 slots), and 2 energy in the left arm. You might do side torso ERLL if those are higher mounted, if you prefer.

After mounting the UAC/5s and ERLLs, you've got 9 tons to spend on ammo and/or more dubs. I imagine something like 7 tons of ammo and 2 external dubs? Maybe throw in a TCI to be a metawhore.

Edited by FupDup, 25 February 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#894 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 25 February 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Though in MW4, I usually used the base loadout on chain fire, 5 big ass energy weapon, wrecked face...but that isa game that is not so much about firing everything at once..

lolwut, you do realize the 7 gun Nova Cat was one of the most competitive mechs in the early age of MW4 right?
Then there was the 6 gun Timby or the ninja SCat/Ryo teams that had 3-4 ERLL and almost no extra heat sinks but plenty of speed and reflective. It was always a game about alpha-striking, whether it was FFP or 3PV allowed games (Gladbag jump snipers).

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 25 February 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#895 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

Actually I think you could totally build it. You don't even need to do Mister Potatohead pod swapping, just use the stock C pods.

http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/2301.pdf

3 ballistics in the right arm with 10 critslots total allowed (each UAC/5 is 3 slots), and 2 energy in the left arm. You might do side torso ERLL if those are higher mounted, if you prefer.

After mounting the UAC/5s and ERLLs, you've got 9 tons to spend on ammo and/or more dubs. I imagine something like 7 tons of ammo and 2 external dubs? Maybe throw in a TCI to be a metawhore.

maybe...wonder how 3 chainfried uac2s would work......

#896 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 25 February 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

lolwut, you do realize the 7 gun Nova Cat was one of the most competitive mechs in the early age of MW4 right?
Then there was the 6 gun Timby or the ninja SCat/Ryo teams that had 3-4 ERLL and almost no extra heat sinks but plenty of speed and reflective. It was always a game about alpha-striking, whether it was FFP or 3PV allowed games (Gladbag jump snipers).

LOL, I saw the settings for that game, 95% of the servers were set to

Infinite Heat/Infinite Ammo....dear god that does not count.......

I alpha striked with the Stock Nova cat, I shut down so bad it wasnt even funny......no, under normal rules that game is not so much about alpha striking. Sure, you can with cannons, but lasers? not even close.

#897 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostGolden Vulf, on 25 February 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

One of the KGCs in the game right now is a 3075 variant, King crabs are supposed to have lower arm and hand actuators and some of the AC 20 actuators are mounted in the torso. And I'm pretty sure no AS7 moel Atlas ever had endo steel... And the clans actually brought second wave mechs with them during the first wave to act as garrison.

They've gone really far off canon, and Kodiaks are canon.

But anyway, I meant I'm not buying another after I buy the Arctic Cheetah. I'm not daft!

What do you mean?

The latest king crab model we have in game is the King Crab 0000, 2815 variant.
There is no King Crab to start with that's a 3075 variant mate...

There is 2 at 3071 and one at 3080. Those are...

King Crab KGC-005r
King Crab KGC-007
King Crab KGC-008b (the 3080 one)

That is true that there is a split slot system for the hands and there are actuators but MW: O can't do that atm.. by that I mean it'll make people cry and say why can't all mechs do that or all weapons ,suddenly you will have duel ER PPC CT on the Awesome or other silly things, It'll flip the balance of the game just for 1 mech.

And to be honest it isn't much of a problem for the crab to 'break' this lore. it worked well in TT but not in a First person shooter game like MW: O. (Same way as no torso turning mechs)

Also there are 2 atlases with Endo Steel, the Atlas AS7-D2 and AS7-D3. Even then we have no atlas with Endo Steel stock.

The Hero Atlas (Boars Head) isn't considered stock. It's actually the Atlas AS7-D "Danielle" which has 3 Medium Lasers in each hand (total: 6), LRM 20, an AC 20. and 2 extra heatsinks.

[color="#000000"]The 2 Rear mounted Mediu mlasers and the SRM 6 were removed from the initial AS7-D.

Technically the Atlas AS7-D "Danielle" isn't stock. It is a modefide mech such as all other 'Hero' Mechs.

They are modified the same way you switched that LRM 10 for a SRM 6 on a centurion or gave that Banshee triple the AC 5's and even though customizing the mechs lore wise isn't a common thing due to the price, it wasn't exactly non existent and there is Millions of Billions of people in the inner sphere, Even if only 0.001% of the inner sphere owned and had an altered mech that is still a much larger population then MW: O or our planet in general.

Solaris VII is plagued with lots of customized mechs. Ranging from Direwolfs with 3 UAC 5's in each torso. to Ravens running around with a clan LRM 20 and a Clan ER large laser or Centurions with just an AC 20 and 2 medium lasers.

MW: O is the most lore friendly Mechwarrior game yet. Community warfare does stir away from it a bit. But the 1:1 timeline, mechs and models, weapons and equipment is what takes the cake.[/color]

#898 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 February 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Annoys me MORE because the Clan Dropdecks mostly consist of th 3 mechs.... none of which would be buffed by the Endo........ SMH.... if anything it would net weaken Clan Decks, because some people would be willing to at least run a few non Holy Trinity mechs...if they weren't all horribad.

there was no 3rd variant for the Enforcer..... and we got it.

the lower arms and hands are debateable... the very first printing had neither, with the ACs fully in the arms. There was some bad editing and typos throughout FASAs tenure, where the record sheets gave Jagermechs full arm actuators, too, for instance, and for whatever reason, probably an oversight, they kept the full actuators in the KGC. But the first run of 2750 TROs were very explicit about the arm actuators.

Um..as already noted, it' was doomed when the Wave 1 pack dropped.

Apparently that mech variant was apocryphal and PGI just polished it up for the game. I also heard rumors that it'll be finally canonized soon the same way the MW4 style mad dog was or the 15 ton flea variant.

But you have a valid point. However the thing is the Kodiak will 2 variants to be made up on the spot to fit in game and if more then 50% of a mech is made up in MW: O that'll cause a stir..

#899 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 25 February 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

LOL, I saw the settings for that game, 95% of the servers were set to

Infinite Heat/Infinite Ammo....dear god that does not count.......

I alpha striked with the Stock Nova cat, I shut down so bad it wasnt even funny......no, under normal rules that game is not so much about alpha striking. Sure, you can with cannons, but lasers? not even close.

Actually no, this is with limited heat and limited ammo, Nova Cat was still king. 7 ERLL with reflective armor. Same with the Timbys and ninja SCat/Ryos.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 25 February 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#900 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 February 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

maybe...wonder how 3 chainfried uac2s would work......

It wouldn't.

You lose DPS just chainfiring 2; a third would be totally irrelevant. Why would you chainfire them in the first place, though?

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook