Town Hall Meeting With Russ Bullock - Youtube Archive Update

131 replies to this topic

#41 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostTarogato, on 13 January 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

Really hope Russ can relay his thoughts and opinions on introducing Overlord Dropships into CW somehow, nudge nudge, wink wink.

Either as a counter-attack primary objective to destroy, or purchasable with unit coffers and the ability to send it to a planet at a small cost to be deployed in battle instead of Leopard dropships. Could provide insurance against spawncamping allow for ammo reloads, possible even armour refitting(repair).

LOL, imagine Overlords coming down every few minutes while you are trying to rush Gamma! Defense would win every time.

#42 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

I just can't get it! ^^
Why do the people cry for this R2D2 with legs (UrbanMech)???

#43 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 14 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

LOL, imagine Overlords coming down every few minutes while you are trying to rush Gamma! Defense would win every time.
Actually I outlined possible implementation in another forum, but I'll quote it here for giggles. For defenders to be able to use an Overlord, the maps would have to be changed slightly to allow a respawn area behind the base instead of inside the base.

Tarogato said:

Ooooh, here's an idea:

Overlord Class dropship implementation.

You pay out of your unit coffer to purchase one.
You pay out of your unit coffer to move one to a planet (attack or defense doesn't matter)
It lands and drops off all three lances in the same place. (according to lore it has 36-mech capacity)
It carries armaments similar to lore (PPCs, AC/20, LRMs, Large Laser, etc)
It can be destroyed (your unit would have to buy another one)
It provides ammo resupply and limited repair (maybe 60% of standard armour, 40% on ferro armour, and 0% to structure - will cost C-Bills)
It provides cover to prevent spawncamping. (for defenders it should be placed reasonably far behind the base so it doesn't interfere much with attackers completing their primary objective, it only is there to prevent spawncamping and provide repair and re-arm)
You could choose to destroy an enemy's Overlord dropship for some very hefty C-Bill and LP rewards.
Since it only drops off the first wave, subsequent waves will come in Leopard class dropships, the Overlord will remain on location.

Alternatively, it could be activated at any point in the match (including before the match begins) and it will land with 36 mech capacity. The next 36 players to respawn will respawn normally, but in the Overlord and the start up sequence of their mech occurs while being lowered down an elevator so they can walk out the door.

Alternatively still, it could simply be used for Counter-attack gamemode instead of a Skirmish mode, where the defenders have to destroy an Overlord dropship to regain control of the sector and the attackers have to defend it.

#44 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:27 AM

oh god, no another night without sleep -.-

#45 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 14 January 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

I just can't get it! ^^
Why do the people cry for this R2D2 with legs (UrbanMech)???

Sir, you understand NOTHING. Please visit "Urbanmech Arrives On The Battlefield" thread and educate yourself on 30 tonnes of glory that is Urbanmech.

#46 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostCimarb, on 13 January 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Not sure if you have this problem, but some people do not realize you have to click on the button to confirm you want to view a "mature" stream before it starts playing. NGNG streamers sometimes cuss, so they had to add the mature filter on it, just like I did due to a few "wordy" Bears....

Don't usually have that issue. Just an endless loading, but this is because most twitch users link directly to their channel where a stream is being broadcast, and not say a permanent link to a pre-recorded video. The interface for finding actual videos is foreign and unfriendly. :(

#47 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

When will we see fixes for the underpowered, overweight, or broken weapons (AC/2, Flamer, LB10-X, etc.)?

Can we please lower the number of confirmation popups throughout the UI?

Can we get some way to have better information in the client? I shouldn't have to go to the external wiki to figure out what mechs have when I'm trying to decide what to buy.

Can we have the entire mech visible when we are changing loadouts? Can we have quirk information visible inside the mechlab when we are working on things?

Can we get loadout information when we are trying to decide which mech to put in our deck for CW?

Can we save multiple loadouts for a mech (including speculative ones for future use when money becomes available)?

Can we get C-bill price adjustments and/or C-bill reward adjustments so things aren't ludicrously expensive?

Will you ever get rid of the unnecessary need to run the game with admin privileges? This makes it impossible for some people to play the game (not everyone has full admin privileges on the system they are using).

Edited by Void2258, 14 January 2015 - 06:24 AM.

#48 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostVoid2258, on 14 January 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

When will we see fixes for the underpowered, overweight, or broken weapons (AC/2, Flamer, LB10-X, etc.)?

Can we please lower the number of confirmation popups throughout the UI?

Can we get some way to have better information in the client? I shouldn't have to go to the external wiki to figure out what mechs have when I'm trying to decide what to buy.

Can we have the entire mech visible when we are changing loadouts? Can we have quirk information visible inside the mechlab when we are working on things?

Can we get loadout information when we are trying to decide which mech to put in our deck for CW?

Can we save multiple loadouts for a mech (including speculative ones for future use when money becomes available)?

Can we get C-bill price adjustments and/or C-bill reward adjustments so things aren't ludicrously expensive?

What do you know UI2.0 made the UI a tenfold more clumsier and frustrating.

#49 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Don't usually have that issue. Just an endless loading, but this is because most twitch users link directly to their channel where a stream is being broadcast, and not say a permanent link to a pre-recorded video. The interface for finding actual videos is foreign and unfriendly. :(

Yeah, that's my experience with Twitch too. In all honesty, there'd be no exaggeration in saying I hate Twitch. I'll fight with it for these town halls if I must, but that's it, and I'm constantly frustrated with it while using it.

Worst, to me, is how its largely streaming only. Maybe not in fact, but definitely in practice. Join the town hall 30 minutes late? Too bad
You've just missed those 30 minutes. What is this, '95?

#50 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

I'm looking forward to the information dump, though it's unlikely I'll want to invest the time to watch it live. My hat goes off to ya'll who are willing to sit through it all and ask interesting questions :) Maybe I'll turn it on in the background while I'm waiting 30 minutes to get a CW drop in...

Transcript! Transcript! Transcript!

#51 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostShlkt, on 14 January 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to the information dump, though it's unlikely I'll want to invest the time to watch it live. My hat goes off to ya'll who are willing to sit through it all and ask interesting questions :) Maybe I'll turn it on in the background while I'm waiting 30 minutes to get a CW drop in...

Transcript! Transcript! Transcript!
This is why twitch sucks so hard. Can't just hit pause then resume half an hour later. Would be great to be able to listen to it in the spaces between CW drops!

I mean, I don't want to sound ungrateful - I love that Russ does these. They're informative, interesting, and provide a great insight into what's burbling in his brain.

I just hate the nature of the medium. Pure audio, or even if it was audio/video, is just so damned slow and awkward. Particularly when live-only so sudden screaming children = what did he just say!?

Alas, I'm old. I like reading, it's orders of magnitude faster and allows you to absorb info at your own pace, skimming past things you're less interested in, and even rereading things you are interested in.

Dang kids, get off my lawn.

#52 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

the only question is: why do we have an official Forum and have to ask questions in a third party forum to communicate with our devs.

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 January 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#53 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

Cuz we are the red-headed stepchild

#54 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

I know Twitch is nearly unusable on tablets/mobile. Despise it on those mediums. On the desktop site, though, I love it, especially compared to the TS town halls. I do not miss having to wait a week to catch up on the TS town halls when I miss the first 30 minutes.

#55 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Cool - gimme some news about the urban mech !

#56 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 14 January 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

Alas, I'm old. I like reading, it's orders of magnitude faster and allows you to absorb info at your own pace, skimming past things you're less interested in, and even rereading things you are interested in.

Dang kids, get off my lawn.

That's exactly how I feel.

#57 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

Will there be a transcript available for the hearing impaired?
Much appreciated

Edited by Sarlic, 14 January 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#58 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostSarlic, on 14 January 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Will there be a transcript available for the hearing impaired?
Much appreciated

if I don't fall asleep, or forget it I may record it and put it on YT. or is this not allowed?

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 January 2015 - 08:48 AM.

#59 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 14 January 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

if I don't fall asleep, or forget it I may record it and put it on YT. or is this not allowed?

I dont know, but that would be great. The Dev Vlogs always got transcripted. Others did from Town meetings.
If you dont have time for it, then its also okay. Dont worry.

YouTube does automatic right?

#60 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 14 January 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

I have never heard anything about it NOT being allowed.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users