Where Are The Wolves...?

225 replies to this topic

#161 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

At one point, Wolf held 28 planets after you took 3 from us, at that same point, GB held 22 planets (counting the 3 you took from us).

After looking over the historical data I can find no point that actually matches this. Can you give a particular day this happened? There was a point around day 16 or so that the numbers were close if you flipped them. With GB holding close to 28 and Wolf holding around 22.

To put it another way for what you are saying to have happen... W 28 GB 22, We would need a day where GB had + 14, and W had +12. I can't find that ever happening. In fact the highest +/- that wolf has ever had was +11 on After Battle Days 22 and 23. Where as GB has been +15 or more since After Battle Days 12 Where as wolf was hovering around +6.

You can follow the complete +/- for the days here.

http://www.reddit.co..._battle_report/

That said the Days Battlereport on Reddit gets double checked by a bunch of people and even if they are wrong on a day, it gets updated very quickly as faction members say "nope, you missed X..." As we saw earlier in the thread it's pretty easy to get something stuck in our memory and be wrong about it. Which is why I have spent some time double checking this with outside sources.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 16 January 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#162 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 15 January 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

After looking over the historical data I can find no point that actually matches this. Can you give a particular day this happened? There was a point around day 16 or so that the numbers were close if you flipped them. With GB holding close to 28 and Wolf holding around 22.

I think we clearly demonstrated that this is what could have been had the Steiner Cease-fire not been in effect, not what actually was fact. Thanks for sticking up for accuracy. :)

#163 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 16 January 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

I think we clearly demonstrated that this is what could have been had the Steiner Cease-fire not been in effect, not what actually was fact. Thanks for sticking up for accuracy. :)

Well I prefer to be accurate even if it makes me wrong. Which is why I admitted to being wrong about the twitter post when I couldn't find data and facts to back up what I "remembered".

Or a favorite saying... "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts. "

#164 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

Well, we dropped last night; went 2W - 1L, but...meh...I'm not feeling it.

I got tired of people from Ghost Bear attacking us.

#165 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 15 January 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

I'm not dissing on Clan Wolf. You are correct Fox, that I am not adding in context...I am just looking at the raw data. I just dislike Gyrok's made up fantasy land history. I think Wolf did very well early on in CW and showed some real promise of organization. Compared to other factions however they did not make the gains claimed. That does mean they gained nothing. In fact, they were in 4th place out of 10 factions for the first two weeks. That better than average, especially considering the battles they faced.

Thank you, thats all I was saying, I do tend to agree with u on the planet debate, we were never ahead due to the amount of defending we had to do, not because we were weak or weren't trying. Damn those Mercs ;)

#166 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 16 January 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

No, I stick to my point...it may have been earlier on and the numbers may have been less...however, there was a point where wolf held like 6 more worlds than GB sometime around the end of the first week or so...like day 7/8 maybe...

#167 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostGyrok, on 13 January 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

Not good enough, we had plenty of players before...where are they?

Check the pound? ;)

Don't forget about mercs. Some of the Wolves that you had were merc units.

A big part of what has happened to Clan Wolf is Clan Wolf it's self.

I can understand getting into the RP of the game but the RP propaganda was really way over the top. Not everyone understood it was simply propaganda and true to form for Wolves. Now Clan Wolf has multiple units and factions coming down on it.

Cry Wolf too much and people get tired of it. (Couldn't help but slip that one in there.)

It's getting boring pounding on Clan Wolf so I wish you all the luck in getting more players or your old players back.

<o Warriors.

#168 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostDeath Drow, on 16 January 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Check the pound? ;)

I can understand getting into the RP of the game but the RP propaganda was really way over the top. Not everyone understood it was simply propaganda and true to form for Wolves. Now Clan Wolf has multiple units and factions coming down on it.

Cry Wolf too much and people get tired of it. (Couldn't help but slip that one in there.)

It's getting boring pounding on Clan Wolf so I wish you all the luck in getting more players or your old players back.

<o Warriors.

I don't recall seeing any on our side at any time, at least none that mattered. I guess 3-5 buddies can create a unit and call themselves mercs and there could have been some of those around. None of the largescale merc units intent on trolling CW have ever signed on with Clan Wolf though and hopefully it stays that way.

Edited by Kain Thul, 16 January 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#169 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostDeath Drow, on 16 January 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Check the pound? ;)

&lt;o Warriors.

Wolf will be back on the 20th for more rigorous testing :). As has been the past weeks, we havent participated in CW. Hence all the ghost drop wins and lost planets.

Edited by Fox Kell, 16 January 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#170 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

It's fortunate that the only IS power that can attack CW right now is FRR because they don't seem to be in any shape to attack. I think the plainest mistake I saw CW make was the non-aggression treaty with the Lyrans. For whatever reason you guys all followed it, it left you with only one attack option. That sort of left you with a planet attack path that just meandered around instead of making any real progress toward Terra. If you guys had focused on the Lyrans instead, you would have likely had a much straighter line toward Terra along the LC/FRR border like the Ghost Bears have. Without being able to see that progress, I feel like you guys lost a lot of motivation to continue diving into the Inner Sphere.

#171 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 January 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

No, I stick to my point...it may have been earlier on and the numbers may have been less...however, there was a point where wolf held like 6 more worlds than GB sometime around the end of the first week or so...like day 7/8 maybe...

Of course there was a day that Wolf held 6 more world's than Ghost Bear. Wolf started with *8* more world's than the CGB. 16 Wolf Starting World's vs 8 for Ghost Bear. Starting with an 8 planet lead and then thumping your chest and using that later you had a 6 planet lead as proof that you were kicking butt and taking blood names is... um... silly. In order to get to the point where Wolf had a 6 planet lead GB had to have caught up to wolf via 2 planets.

Like I said it's like starting a 100 yard dash 20 yards ahead and when you hit the 25 yard marker bragging that the guy behind you is still 10 yards back. :lol:

In case people are wondering here are the starting wolrd totals.

OriginalTotalPlanets = {
Davion_ID:591
Liao_ID:121
Marik_ID:319
Steiner_ID:450
Rasalhague_ID:78
Kurita_ID:331
ClanJadeFalcon_ID:11
ClanWolf_ID:16
ClanGhostBear_ID:8
ClanSmokeJaguar_ID:5
}

Poor Jags, smallest faction ever to start with, it really makes their current status even more impressive.

Saddly I'll probably be flipping over to another clan here tonight when my current contract expires. I don't like Falcon or Jag lore, but CGB seems like front running. Wolf just isn't doing enough to make CW worth it. It's no fun to spend 30 minutes in the CW Matchmaker because there is only one world that the wolves are fighting on. :(

Edited by Alexander Steel, 16 January 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#172 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostSeth, on 16 January 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

It's fortunate that the only IS power that can attack CW right now is FRR because they don't seem to be in any shape to attack. I think the plainest mistake I saw CW make was the non-aggression treaty with the Lyrans. For whatever reason you guys all followed it, it left you with only one attack option. That sort of left you with a planet attack path that just meandered around instead of making any real progress toward Terra. If you guys had focused on the Lyrans instead, you would have likely had a much straighter line toward Terra along the LC/FRR border like the Ghost Bears have. Without being able to see that progress, I feel like you guys lost a lot of motivation to continue diving into the Inner Sphere.

I never liked that ceasefire either and thought it made us look weak and cowardly as well as hindered our progress in the direction we should have been going.

The crazy thing was that as much as we couldn't wait for it to end it seems that almost the very day it ended was when no one was playing CW anymore. From New Years on Clan Wolf has been MIA in CW.

#173 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostSeth, on 16 January 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Maybe, but 1 attack lane or 10, its still the same old issues. Not to mention lacking serious fun.

#174 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

I just realized that one person forcing a ceasefire on his entire clan would be described as 'the tail wagging the dog' in an almost literal sense!

Sorry, I have a lot of English teachers in my family and found this humorous.

#175 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 16 January 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Saddly I'll probably be flipping over to another clan here tonight when my current contract expires. I don't like Falcon or Jag lore, but CGB seems like front running. Wolf just isn't doing enough to make CW worth it. It's no fun to spend 30 minutes in the CW Matchmaker because there is only one world that the wolves are fighting on. :(

Such a reasonable Wolf in many ways, it is a shame you let the lore limit you. We are doing our best to rewrite over here on the "right side" of the map. Come visit, even if only for a short bit. You might find us a different kind of Smoke from what you remember in the books.

#176 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

Speaking of the cease fire, why on earth did the clan as a whole agree to honor it? I mean if the person instead of making a non-aggression deal agreed to let the LC take any world of Wolf's without a fight for the next 2 weeks would you have followed that? I'm just trying to see how bad the deal would have had to have been before somebody said...

"Wait a second guys, this is stupid. Why are we listening to this guy again?"

Edited by Alexander Steel, 16 January 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#177 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 16 January 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Speaking of the cease fire, why on earth did the clan as a whole agree to honor it? I mean if the person instead of making a non-aggression deal agreed to let the LC take any world of Wolf's without a fight for the next 2 weeks would you have followed that? I'm just trying to see how bad the deal would have had to have been before somebody said...

"Wait a second guys, this is stupid. Why are we listening to this guy again?"

I know it sounds outlandish, but its really not.

First, the guy that did it had the support of his unit due to his rank within the unit.
Second, the other units wanted to maintain a spirit of cooperation with the other Wolf units, so reluctantly agreed to honor it as well.

Some units were vehemently against it but honored it in the best interests of the faction as a whole so that no animosity would arise from within and everyone would keep working together.

I think a Trial of Refusal would have been the way to go personally, but I'm just one guy.

In the end it was very bad for us because by the time it was over Clan Wolf's numbers had seriously dwindled. Not only that, it brought shame to the entire faction.

Edited by Kain Thul, 16 January 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#178 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

I think a Trial of Refusal would have been the way to go personally, but I'm just one guy.

That would have been awesome.

#179 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 16 January 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

&quot;Wait a second guys, this is stupid. Why are we listening to this guy again?&quot;

I think we just didnt care that much about it at the time, angry yes but to tell u the truth we were getting hit on all sides by the games best Comp units and were focused on pushing back the attackers which in turn we couldnt attack since it was Mercs under CGB banner, so just defend. CJF and FRR also hitting us made it so we put Steiner and the ceasefire aside for the time being.

Edited by Fox Kell, 16 January 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#180 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

And now, the final shame.

So few are fighting for Clan Wolf in CW that they have assigned us the "low population" C-bill and LP bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users