225 replies to this topic

#121 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

It is pretty funny, watching other forums go ape **** about Wolf getting beat down, like we are at full strength. They dont seem to remember when we beat them all back while still moving south when we actually cared to do so.

They think some pugs and maybe one 12 man of unit is the whole of Clan Wolf, hehe.

#122 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

In reality, Wolf held the most planets of all the factions in terms of controlled space for over a week while MS was gone from CGB, and CGB started holding equal worlds with Wolf.

Think what you want. There was a point where we held a total of 28 planets and CGB held 22.

What day was this? Like an actual date, not some "You know that one time... by the tree... around that one area... sometime ago..."

Edited by Alexander Steel, 15 January 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#123 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 15 January 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

What day was this? Like an actual date, not some "You know that one time... by the tree... around that one area... sometime ago..."

The second week toward the end of the week (MS was at Davion)...we held 6 more planets total than CGB.

#124 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 15 January 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

Oh and btw, some of us are still waiting for that timestamp of Russ' Twitter response to "we will never reset the map"...

Even listened to the town hall clip and he doesnt mention "we will never reset the map" to which you so vehemently stood by.

So easy on the demands, lol.

Edited by Fox Kell, 15 January 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#125 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

Day 13 Wolves + 6 Ghost Bears +17

http://www.reddit.co..._battle_report/

#126 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:35 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 15 January 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Day 13 Wolves + 6 Ghost Bears +17

http://www.reddit.co..._battle_report/

I am looking at total planets...

Plus...You need to subtract 3 from GB and add 3 to wolf because one galaxy decided to "give" GB 3 worlds...the rest honored it because the worlds were disjointed from us and trivial to hold...(that very likely will not be the case next time however...)

Additionally...as I said...Wolf held 28 planets, and GB held 22. I never bothered counting + over your starting numbers because...frankly...MS screwed over so many clan factions by stealing worlds from elsewhere that the +X planet numbers never really told the true story...as GB likely had 6+ worlds taken from CW and CSJ to start with.

EDIT: Pull up a faction map for those days and count the planets held in GB space, then count them in Wolf Space....

Edited by Gyrok, 15 January 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#127 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

The total number of planets held isn't factor of how well your faction is doing. Kurita started with over 100+ more planets than the clans did. Saying that they have more planets held than Smoke Jag and Ghost Bear right now so that means they are somehow doing better is completely silly. They have lost over 30 planets, the most of any faction. That indicates how well they are doing, not how many planets they currently hold.

MS screwed over so many clan factions by stealing worlds from elsewhere that the +X planet numbers never really told the true story...as GB likely had 6+ worlds taken from CW and CSJ to start with

Stealing worlds, by attacking them and taking.... in a game that involves attacking and taking world's from other factions. I... have no idea why you think they shouldn't count.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 15 January 2015 - 07:48 AM.

#128 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 15 January 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oh and btw, some of us are still waiting for that timestamp of Russ' Twitter response to "we will never reset the map"...

Even listened to the town hall clip and he doesnt mention "we will never reset the map" to which you so vehemently stood by.

Nope I'll be direct and say I can't find it. I remember people talking about it so when somebody else on the forum, who I asked where they got their information from, said the same thing I assumed they were correct because it matched up with what other people have said.

After being called on it, I looked, didn't find anything and didn't claim it again. *Shrugs* It happens. I should have looked it up myself, but I didn't. Meh...

#129 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

#130 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

I posted it pages ago. And no, the word "Never" isn't used but no reset is currently planned and they are leaving it up to the players if they will ever do so.

Edited by Kain Thul, 15 January 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#131 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

honestly guys none of this matters at all right this second, CW in its current state will never amount to anything. lets hope some VERY GOOD changes come in the next 2 patches that make people even want to entertain the thought of playing CW. who cares who had what or how many planets, if CW is made to be fun and diverse then just MAYBE players will come back and MAAAYYYBBBEEEE on a very slim chance some Wolf units will even work together?

#132 NukeTheBunnys

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostGyrok, on 15 January 2015 - 07:35 AM, said:

I am looking at total planets...

Plus...You need to subtract 3 from GB and add 3 to wolf because one galaxy decided to "give" GB 3 worlds...the rest honored it because the worlds were disjointed from us and trivial to hold...(that very likely will not be the case next time however...)

I really don't know where you are getting these ideas that GB has been taking your planets. Yes CI has been attacking Ferris on and off since the start, but looking at the map from day 1 to now Ferris has changed hands 3 times. That is the only wolf planet that has ever been taken by Ghost Bear.

Edit : I didn't realize the map I was looking at (http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw/) does not go all the way back to the beginning of CW. After checking the reddit battle logs GB has also taken Skallevoll and Outpost from Wolf on day 2 and 3 respectively and have held them since.

Edited by NukeTheBunnys, 15 January 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#133 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostNukeTheBunnys, on 15 January 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

I really don't know where you are getting these ideas that GB has been taking your planets. Yes CI has been attacking Ferris on and off since the start, but looking at the map from day 1 to now Ferris has changed hands 3 times. That is the only wolf planet that has ever been taken by Ghost Bear.

Wolf owned a few planets separated off to the right near smoke Jag territory that the Ghost Bears took from them.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 15 January 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#134 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

The point is more that they aren't guaranteeing a reset. That people are lazily yawning and saying "meh, it'll be reset anyway so why bother fighting."
IF they decide not to reset it, then the wolves are will suddenly wake up with barely enough space for our logo to float in.

Then the crying will begin,

"But, but... they were gonna... This is BS!"
"CW is only in last cuz PGI is a bunch of pu$$!es and decided to F us by not resetting it!"

You have been forewarned, they might not reset it. Fight now or risk starting with nothing.

#135 Steel Scout

• Pip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 16 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

I'm shocked... shocked I tell you... that clan players who saw nothing wrong with Clan wins at 90% over equally skilled IS foes are now unwilling to fight at even or even at a slight disadvantage themselves. Oddly enough Smoke Jag,Ghost Bear, and Jade Falcon ((all of whom face the same Firestarter/Thunderbolt Meta)) are making inroads into the IS.

Maybe they are just better. :(

Or to put it in a table...

Last Night....

CGB +2

CJF +1

CSJ +1

CW -1

The only Clan getting pushed back right now is Wolf, the other clans are doing pretty good.

And totals....

CGB +28 Worlds, Most Worlds Taken by any clan, Most Worlds Taken by any FACTION.
CSJ +16 Worlds, 2nd Most Worlds Taken by any clan, 3rd most Worlds taken by any FACTION.
CJF +10 Worlds, 3rd Most Worlds Taken by any clan, 5th most Worlds Taken by any Faction
CW -5 Dead Last amoung the clans, 6th among all factions.

The Clans as a whole are doing better than the IS. 3 of the top 5 factions are Clans,2 of the Top 3 factions are Clan. Only Wolf is losing worlds, where 4 IS factions have greater negative world types.

As such: If wolf is really saying it's the Firestarters and Thunderbolts that are causing them to fail, they need some training from any other clan on how to deal with them because the other clans aren't having the same problem.

I was wondering the same thing. I am not wolf, but I was wondering what the heck is going on and Alexanders post pretty much sums it up. There really are no excuses to be loosing, all players face the same opponents, but only the Wolves are sucking. Get out there and fight. The Queue times are not long if you group up. Besides, Anyone looking to join a unit, certainly isnt going to want to join the worst clan, which is the wolves right now.

#136 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostxDisturbedx, on 14 January 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

Simple answer: It's boring and no one cares anymore. One game mode, 2 really bad maps. Yawn.

A lot of people "don't care" because they assume the map will be reset; that is not a guarantee.

They are adding a second "game mode" in a few days via counter attack, but i'd like to point this out.
Most people i know here despise conquest and barely tolerate assault, which leaves the game with exactly how many game modes that people actually play? CW adds a brand new mode as well as new mechanics and people still B!tch.

Ok, i'll give ya that there's only 2 maps and both need tweaking; but it is beta after all.

View PostRustyBolts, on 14 January 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

I know the wolves I talked to dont play CW for some of the following reasons.

1) It got really boring really fast.
2) 8-12 Firestarter rush.
3) 6+ 3 ERPPC Thunderbolts.
4) Long waits for matches.
5) Short fights because of number 2 and 3 which led to number 1 which then led to number 4 which led to your topic.

1) It's still more in depth then the rest of the game, what were you expecting? Skyrim? Most of the people who say this then go back to pug drops and play their 4,894,205 skirmish drop.

2,3) Funny how none of the other clans seem to be slowed down by this?

4) The more people that actually play CW the better it will be.
Also, this is a good time to bond with your Clan.
Laugh, make jokes, have fun; or you know... discuss tactics. The better
you know the people you're dropping with, the better you'll work together.
I obviously can only speak for CWDG, but here, it's a fun environment to be in. We don't sit and stare at the clock getting pissed off at how long it's taking because we actually enjoy hanging out. If you're not experiencing this... perhaps it's time to change units.

5) Non CW games tend to be under 10 min. Most CW games are at least 20. So... you're complaining about how short the games are, then leaving to go play even shorter games?

In the end, us losing so many planets comes down to two things.

1) Everyone else has decided to focus fire us for some reason. Ignoring other planets purposely to attack only us.
2) Apathy on the part of the clan. People just not giving a ****. (if this is the case then GTFO; because the other factions apparently do care based on our controlled space.)

Personally it think it's a combination of both.
Bottom line,
Let them come! A united Clan Wolf is more then capable of fending off focused fire.
Now is the time to stand and be counted; or else sit on our 1 capital world later and complain how we got a raw deal.

Edited by RogueLdr, 15 January 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#137 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

Meh. Try to defend, but pugs are useless in counterattack so it all goes to hell anyways. When 2 or 3 people who drop with my unit do more dmg then the other 9 pugs combined, how do you expect victories? Just enjoy the battles and don't worry about it :)

#138 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 15 January 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

It is pretty funny, watching other forums go ape **** about Wolf getting beat down, like we are at full strength. They dont seem to remember when we beat them all back while still moving south when we actually cared to do so.

They think some pugs and maybe one 12 man of unit is the whole of Clan Wolf, hehe.

Don't take it personally. CW gets lots of hate cuz it's the ultimate Mary Sue faction. Even the Davions look at it like it's the DM's girlfriend's character. The Davions. Think about that. :)

Hopefully PGI has some ideas on how to fix things. By making CW open for everyone they really put themselves in a spot. It's not easy appeasing the comp crowd, as well as the casual crowd, in the same queue. All the factions but Marik seem to be suffering from a loss of players. It's a shame that we have a lot of active CW players, and no one to fight. Boredom will kill CW faster than being stomped by 12 mans.

#139 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostDavers, on 15 January 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

Don't take it personally. CW gets lots of hate cuz it's the ultimate Mary Sue faction. Even the Davions look at it like it's the DM's girlfriend's character. The Davions. Think about that. :)

Hopefully PGI has some ideas on how to fix things. By making CW open for everyone they really put themselves in a spot. It's not easy appeasing the comp crowd, as well as the casual crowd, in the same queue. All the factions but Marik seem to be suffering from a loss of players. It's a shame that we have a lot of active CW players, and no one to fight. Boredom will kill CW faster than being stomped by 12 mans.

Yeah no kidding, we will be back to test the jan 20th patch and hopefully its improved to where its actually fun.

We usually can field 12-24 players so that will help in getting the pop up a bit. I know alot of our bigger Units will comeback to test it out again.

#140 Oengus Braonain

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

Just started back again after a taking a break when game went live. Joined Clan Wolf right away. School starts up in a week so I wont be as active but I will still be loyal and contribute when I can.

I just been looking for where everyone was at, now I know, thanks!

P.S. If you think this is boring you should of played back in beta when there was 3 maps total and 4 mechs. The fact is this is MechWarrior and it gives me nostalgia to play as I'm sure it does to some of you.

Also, I got C3 in case we want to use that too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users