#81 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Ah ok so it is Mercs, thx.

If mercs are the key to winning CW then 3 out of 4 clans are using that key.

Do you not know what the word *If* means?

#82 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

If you go by total planets controlled, at one point wolf held as many as 7 more planets than GB...regardless of what total worlds taken you go by. You can subtract 3 from GB and add 3 to Wolf totals to get the appropriate numbers.

What time was this, and subtract how many world's the game gave you at the start that you didn't have to fight over.

The numbers don't support this. There is a Reddit Thread that pops up every day that details how many worlds changed hands that day, who took them, and what the total number of gained world's were.

They ignore starting worlds ((of course as if the Fed Sun starts with 250 worlds and Jade Falcon starts with 20, the Fed Suns is not doing 10 times better)) and instead count the number of world's that people have taken in actual CW fighting.

Wolf has never had an advantage of +7 wins over GB.

#83 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

I guess this must be like one of them claims you like to make, ya know, like Russ saying "no reset eva!!" on Twitter lol. Or the Town Hall meeting where he absolutely says "no reset eva!!"...right?

#84 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

so icar 12/16 i go in queue, and nothign happens,

I go Stars end, where it is said to be 60+/60+

all that is happenign pilots receiving order, the team folls with them, waiing, waiting, waiting, half the guys leave because of being impatient. the amount of people swaps between 12 and 6. waiting waiting,

how are we wolves even supposed to do any matches? yet everytime I come home I see we have nearly no terrains on our planet meaning the EU wolfes always fight the attacking uphil fight. Or at leats those who probably even get matchs.

goign solo in the queue is just not even working.

back to the solo public before I do't play a single match at all :/

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 January 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#85 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

We're in agreement with Beta Galaxy; the game is not enjoyable enough right now in CW. Most of my unit work; we're not going to do something unfun when we come home from work for a beta that is likely to be reset (and yes, it is probably going to be reset for balance reasons alone).

Why should we torture ourselves in a mode that is no fun to win at right now?

I'm not stopping anyone in my unit from doing CW but certainly none of them are rushing to play on their own. Why should they when they feel like having fun after a rough work day when clearly CW is not as enjoyable as public games at the moment.

We'll come back when there is something worthwhile to fight for.

#86 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

I guess this must be like one of them claims you like to make, ya know, like Russ saying "no reset eva!!" on Twitter lol. Or the Town Hall meeting where he absolutely says "no reset eva!!"...right?

Watch the link I posted. At this time, there is NOT A RESET PLANNED contrary to the "I will play after a reset" crowd's opinion.

The only thing to give those guys hope is the fact that apparently it will be up to the players. However, I see that vote coming down to the factions that have grown vs the factions that have shrunk with obvious results.

#87 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

Follow the thread, it has a link back each day. Find a day when the wolves ever had taken more worlds.

http://www.reddit.co..._battle_report/

#88 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostGyrok, on 14 January 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Neg...

The DW is not better than the KGC, in fact, if you had eyes at all, the KGC pretty much outclasses the DW across the board.

The TW is debatable. Many IS mechs do some crazy things with quirks for considerably less tonnage.

The Stormcrow boats energy better than IS mechs, but some IS mechs boat SRMs or do ballistics significantly better than the SCR. Also, do not forget the SCR has no JJs.

I won't insult you since you seem fit to insult me, but I will say if you are getting outclasses by a King Crab in a Dire Wolf you are doing it wrong or have a bad build. I have not see any good Pilot in a Dire wolf get outclassed in any way by a King Crab

Less tonage = Less armor... good for CW drop decks but not for much else.

Stormcrows can run 5 Streaks 6's or CSRM 6's effectively. I run them on my crow all the time and there is not much else that can compete with that.

#89 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

Look, Fox and I aren't going to try to "order" our unit to attack anything. We don't work that way but if we asked them they probably would just because they are a great group of people. That said we want to retain that great group of people and the only way to do that is by making sure they have fun; something CW is currently not.

We could devote devote around 2 12 mans on average to attack but that's just not going to happen most likely until at least the next patch since in our unit everyone gets a say. And right now the majority says CW is not worth it.

Edited by Blueduck, 14 January 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#90 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostTKSax, on 14 January 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

I won't insult you since you seem fit to insult me, but I will say if you are getting outclasses by a King Crab in a Dire Wolf you are doing it wrong or have a bad build. I have not see any good Pilot in a Dire wolf get outclassed in any way by a King Crab

Stormcrows can run 5 Streaks 6's or CSRM 6's effectively. I run them on my crow all the time and there is not much else that can compete with that.

5 streak 6s is great for lights and 40 and 45 ton mediums but its guaranteed spread damage and long cycle times make it very ineffective beyond that. It definitely has a place in CW as a free safety or light hunter but to say it is a build that not much can compete with I hardily disagree.

#91 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 14 January 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

so icar 12/16 i go in queue, and nothign happens,

I go Stars end, where it is said to be 60+/60+

all that is happenign pilots receiving order, the team folls with them, waiing, waiting, waiting, half the guys leave because of being impatient. the amount of people swaps between 12 and 6. waiting waiting,

how are we wolves even supposed to do any matches? yet everytime I come home I see we have nearly no terrains on our planet meaning the EU wolfes always fight the attacking uphil fight. Or at leats those who probably even get matchs.

goign solo in the queue is just not even working.

back to the solo public before I do't play a single match at all :/

EU Wolves, from what i have seen, are close to non-existant.. :(

#92 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 January 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

5 streak 6s is great for lights and 40 and 45 ton mediums but its guaranteed spread damage and long cycle times make it very ineffective beyond that. It definitely has a place in CW as a free safety or light hunter but to say it is a build that not much can compete with I hardily disagree.

I agree to an extent on the Streaks, I will say the level 5 cool down module makes a nice difference in cycle times. But what about SRM's? Huggin can spit 2 srm 4's out fast but I can wreck one with an SRM volley from my Crow all while moving at 106Kph, which no inner spear mech can do while carrying 5+ srm racks. I would agree that some IS mediums can do ballistics better than the Stormcrow, but that does not mean the IS mech is better than a Crow, I would take a laser vomit crow over any ballistic IS medium mech

#93 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostTKSax, on 14 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

I agree to an extent on the Streaks, I will say the level 5 cool down module makes a nice difference in cycle times. But what about SRM's? Huggin can spit 2 srm 4's out fast but I can wreck one with an SRM volley from my Crow all while moving at 106Kph, which no inner spear mech can do while carrying 5+ srm racks. I would agree that some IS mediums can do ballistics better than the Stormcrow, but that does not mean the IS mech is better than a Crow, I would take a laser vomit crow over any ballistic IS medium mech

SRMs are limited to 296m even with range5 module so once again, a very niche build and hardly an "ace in the hole" type of build. Boating streaks or regular SRMs in the crow is akin to playing rock-paper-scissors--as rock you'll have an easy time against scissors but paper will beat you every time.

I myself do best in laser vomit crow though it does have a weakness as well (heat, close up fast moving 'mechs) I find it is one of the best all around 'mechs in the game. However, I would say the Shadowhawk isn't far behind or is even just as good depending on how you value JJs.

#94 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 January 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

SRMs are limited to 296m even with range5 module so once again, a very niche build and hardly an "ace in the hole" type of build. Boating streaks or regular SRMs in the crow is akin to playing rock-paper-scissors--as rock you'll have an easy time against scissors but paper will beat you every time.

I myself do best in laser vomit crow though it does have a weakness as well (heat, close up fast moving 'mechs) I find it is one of the best all around 'mechs in the game. However, I would say the Shadowhawk isn't far behind or is even just as good depending on how you value JJs.

I agree with all of that, I was just Saying that Gyrok was saying there were IS mechs that do SRM's better... I disagree with that especially with the amount of Srms you can carry on a Crow.

In fact one of my best mechs against the clans is a Shadow Hawk with ac10 and 3 or 4 Srm 4's.

Edited by TKSax, 14 January 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#95 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostTKSax, on 14 January 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

I agree with all of that, I was just Saying that Gyrok was saying there were IS mechs that do SRM's better... I disagree with that especially with the amount of Srms you can carry on a Crow.

In fact one of my best mechs against the clans is a Shadow Hawk with ac10 and 3 or 4 Srm 4's.

Well the IS can invest just 35 tons in a drop deck and run Huginn/Oxide--while they don't carry 30 tubes like the Stormcrow can what they do carry is greatly amplified with quirks and you're taking up less room in the dropship. Let one of those guys slip by and get to a generator and you're in trouble.

#96 Dinochrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Hailz Mechwarriors: I don't post much and I could care less who says what mech is OP at any given moment. The other day I actually committed hours of my time to help defend Stars End. I am on PST and at the time I quit at the end of the day the planet was secure, many good players played well and kept the planet. Next day I check back and sometime during the time I was enjoying a well earned rest (sleeping) the planet was lost. So it appears that if I defend a planet during the Pacific Standard Time day, a few hours later it will fall to an attacker in another time zone. If I have to retake a planet day after day just to keep control of it and get exactly nothing except a dot on a cheesy map, enjoy the current version of CW. Will check back after 20th of this month.

V/R Dinochrome

#97 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

So if it's lack of interest.... the better question is why is hitting Wolf and not the other Clans.

Because no one likes to be on the losing side?

Honestly, it's Beta and there are a lot of problems with CW. The Zerg Rush and the Clan Conga Line are just too effective and useful. Pugs are not, umm, enjoying their introduction to comp play. The difference in 'game knowledge' between players is HUGE. These are things that have to be addressed.

Lastly, I hope there is a map reset. Having that little piece of Kurita is just silly. It is obviously a failure of the algorithm.

#98 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

He did say no reset on the Town Hall, he said it would ultimately be up to the players...but "not for some time...." I take to mean not for a while. Considering for PGI "soon" is 6 months...what do you think "not for some time" means? Years?

#99 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostTKSax, on 14 January 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Check Smurfy, same size engine the KGC has LARGE maneuverability with comparable hardpoints. It does range equally well, and does brawling better. Sure, KGC has only average hitboxes, however, the DW is not exactly a firestarter in that department either.

So, in terms of movement profiles and torso twist/turn radius, the KGC is outright better with equal engines (in fact, KGC with 300 can out twist a Victor with a 400).

Plus, KGC can mount AC40 + 2xERPPC for brawling for that nasty 60 PP FLD alpha up close...show me a DW that can do that?

KGC is a VERY potent mech, more so than the DW given the circumstances, because movement has a great deal of relevance in CW.

What good is all the DPS in the world if it spends the entire match lagging behind the group with nothing to shoot? Sure, you could move at DW speed...good luck taking a generator at all at that point...

Edited by Gyrok, 14 January 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#100 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostTKSax, on 14 January 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

KTO-18 w/~XL325 and SRM30.
GRF-3M w/~XL325 and SRM24
SHD-2D2 w/~XL325 and SRM22

Those are all comparable...some have pros and cons over the crow...especially the Jumpy mechs.

Edited by Gyrok, 14 January 2015 - 03:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users